>squat rack is one of those fancy adjustable ones
>I'm 6'4 so I have to set the rack height pretty high
>some guy comes up who's like 5'9/5'10 at most
>asks if he can jump in as he wanted to do a similar weight
>no problem go for it
>has to stand on his tiptoes to get the bar off the rack
>looks like he's about to fall over
>does his set
>barely manages to rack it as he's standing like a fucking ballerina trying to make up the height
>offer to lower the rack height, not smugly or anything, I just didn't want this guy to hurt himself
>"Nah nah it's cool bro It's all good"
>do my set
>his turn, he yet again has to go right to his tip toes to get the bar off the rack
>again offer to lower the rack height, explain that I don't want him to fuck himself over on my account
>"Nah I'm sweet dude"
>starts squating
>squats almost to muscle failure
>barely able to stand up
>tries to tip toe to rack it but can't get the power in his feet
>No safety bars on
>I walk up behind him to help him rack it
>just as I reach up his fucking legs buckle and he drops like my spaghetti around stacy
>mfw
>catch the weight before it crushes his idiot empty head
>he lays there for like 5 fucking minutes
>this fucking benny almost killed himself because he thought he had something to prove to me

The one time I've unironically thought; When will they fucking learn. Fucking dick almost made me watch him squish himself

Homegym

Nice story though

I have a hard time believing any stories like this. Every gym I've ever been to nobody ever even spoke to each other let alone tried to work in with each other, at least not with me.

is this a common experience? people trying to prove shit?

>at the gym
>doing my normal routine, bout to do some squats
>do to the adjustable squat rack
>pull out first metal peg and adjust it to my desired level
>pull the second one
>doesn't come out
>try again
>makes a loud sound every time because metal against metal
>still isn't coming out after the 5th try
>start panicking because i know people are looking and hearing my struggle
>peg still won't come out, insanely difficult
>finally grab a 10 pound plate and smack it against the back of the peg
>it dislodges it
>fucking launches it 20 feet
>do the walk of shame to retrieve it
>put it parallel to the other one
>start lifting like it didn't take me 10 minutes to set up the squat rack
>proceed to hit a PR on my squat

conflicting emotions

Working in is the fucking worst, especially if they have to change the weights. I mean, by the time they have changed the weights I'm pretty much done resting.

Also, help a retard out. This one chick bugs me every time i stumble upon her at the gym. She always asks to work in, shits kinda annoying. Does she have the hots for me or something?

Is she hot?

>6'4"
>squatting 1pl8
>for reps

you have no right to judge anyone

Are you doing small baby weight? If not the likelihood of her having the hots is sorta high

Don't understand why you would feel stupid doing this.

That's some high level self consciousness you got there, maybe you should work on that.

My gym has some sort of adjustable safety bars that have to be put in turned towards a specific side, otherwise it gets stuck and it's extremely hard to dislodge, but some mongoloids still do it every time.

I routinely go smacking the bar with a rubberized 45 plate, no big deal.

6'6 here. Nothing wrong with form work on 1 plate, especially when trying to work lower on a wider stance. Shit's a good stretch and better cardio.

I've always found working in to be absolute hell on earth unless you and the other person are using very similar weights. Working in with gym bros was fine to a degree, usually we could agree upon a tempo for the workout and had similar training styles that meant that we could decide mutually how long to rest. Sometimes we'd have 4 guys using the same squat rack and it would actually end up saving everybody time because somebody was always using it while the others rested.

I'll never get working in with strangers though, it's awkward, usually a chore with changing plates all of the time, and if I want to get my sets done fast and the other guy is going more slow and steady then it creates conflict.

Working in with strangers is poor gym ettiquette and doesn't really save anybody anytime in terms of the single excercise, it's just some dickhead who doesn't want to wait their turn trying to weasel his way into your workout.

What are you talking about you, there's nothing wrong with 1 pl8 for reps on the squat

>not understanding that for good strength and power, a good endurance base is needed.

OP already said he was going for reps.
Shut up you fucking dribbler.

I'd say so. She's my type as far as looks go.

No, that's why its kinda annoying because changing plates sucks ass. Dunno what to do about her. Asking someone out at the gym sounds kinda stupid and telling her to just buzz off comes off as kinda rude.

Fuck dude, It's a win win for you.

If you ask her out and she says yes, congratulations you're going to get your phallus sucked
If she says no, she'll leave you alone because she knows you think about her sexually.

Just say "Hey I enjoy training with you, what's your number, we'll go for a drink sometime"

At my old (university) gym virtually everyone would offer to let you work in because the places was so crowded that the queues would have been immense otherwise. It saves a lot of time when one guy uses the rack whilst the other would be resting anyway. I certainly don't see how it's poor etiquette if both people are comfortable with it...

If someone else offers to let me work in, I will emphasise that they can go whenever they like and I'll just work around their tempo. If they're taking really short rests then they just wouldn't offer.

>1 plate
> a significant enough weight that it taxes your form in any way

Doing pause squats with 3.5 plate over here. maybe you should try being a man sometime?

working in with strangers is annoying as fuck and I will only do it if the gym is absolutely slammed full of people and it's the only way

If you give her a good alternative workout, she won't have to work in with you anymore

>maybe you should try being a man sometime?

I think what you meant was

>Maybe you should try being a manlet sometime?

nice projection skinnyfag

guess this is what op meant when he said about manlets with something to prove

But I don't enjoy training with her. With my luck she'll start asking me for training tips and dietary advice if I tell her that. Anyway, I guess I've got nothing to lose, fuck it, i'll go for it the next time I see her. Which is every time i'm at the gym, because she's always there at the same time as I.

The one and only time someone wanted to work in with me it was some manlet faggot. I was doing tricep pushdowns at one end of a cable cross and he comes up and says, in his best tough-guy voice

>him: "hey, I need to work in with you."
>me: "Ok, are you doing cable flyes?"
>him: "uh, no I need to do pushdowns"
>me: "Can't you do those on the other side I'm not using? Or in one of the other two machines?"
>him: "...oh"

And he walked away. My gym has 3 separate cable cross machines with a total of 8 stations you could use for pushdowns. I was literally the only person using any of them, meaning he walked past 7 identical spots he could do the exercise in just to come up to me and ask to use mine.

It was fucking bizarre.

kek

>But I don't enjoy training with her.

I know that but it doesn't matter, it's just a convenient way to get her number

How do you fix being self conscious

Maybe he was a homo?

Is she hot tho?

What if he was too short to operate the machine?

Yeah, she's good looking. I also like how she actually tries to train instead of doing those meme female exerices.

possibly. It's just the way he said it that made it really stick out, his tone and "I need to work in with you" he was acting like I had been hogging the only squat rack for an hour or some shit.

>go to gym
>really busy
>ask some guy on the deadlift bar how many sets he has left
>"just 2 my man"
>he does 6 more sets

Maybe you had the, if he has more than 2 sets left I'll ask to work in, look on your face

Looks like someone broke loose from the pit.

Why not just steal a random barbell to do deadlifts?

Unless you super spill spaghetti and back off after asking by telling her you're gay or something, she'll either go out with you or avoid you. Either way, problem solved.