/fat/ drink more water edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but i wanna drink cola

Broke fatso here, 200lbs. Once in my life managed to get it to 150, but then gained it all back over the course of 3 years.
Cannot afford going to gym for the time being, but I have a gymnastic rug and small boxing bag in my attic. What kind of boxing routine/exercise can you recommend?

2 more hours will be 48.

I only planned on 48 and already prepared some chicken and veggies- but my absolute lack od craving/hunger makes me think I should do at least another 24

not a /fast/ tread

dryhumping the bag for an hour

Fill the big with sand.
Run up and down your street with it above your head.
Eat less calories than you burn.

Describe the boxing bag. Is it a speed bag?

What are you doing right, Apex Predator?

I'm 220lb right now, I'm at 17% bodyfat, what's your bodyfat percentage?

Height?

are you like 6'5'' or just inlay ripped?

I'm 6'0. I'm shredding about 1% of bodyfat a week, gaining however much muscle, about 1lb of muscle this past week and a half.

Genetics breh, that and hard work.

Night owl with an early morning job. What the fuck do I do about breakfast? Can anyone recommend some foods that are healthy and portable that I can make in batches on the weekend? Preferably cheap, but I'll spend as much as I need to spend.

Cup of coffee, little bit of milk. No sugar. Only eat dinners. The pounds will shred, drink plenty of water and get yo electrolytes. And eat ass loads of protein at dinner.

Yes, it is a maize bag, very light.
5"10, can't tell you the correct BPF, but last time it was around 23%. Can't measure it right now since it requires neck/waist, but I'm not at home

go eat a bag of dicks
don't forget to log them in mfp

Buy a caliper, do the 4 site skin fold test. More accurate.

Also hit the gym, focus on building muscle, at the end of every exercise, do a drop set.

So for example, if you're doing squats at 80lbs (just as an example). You'd do 12 reps, then take off 40lbs. Do 12 more reps. Then do 12 more reps with no weight and only the bar.

No rest in the drop set. So you'd structure the exercise as follows:

Set one: Light weight, warmup set. (40lb)
Set two: Heavier, 12 reps. (60lb)
Set three: Heaviest. 12 reps (80lbs)

Set four:

12x80
12x40
12xbar only

Only eat dinner, drink coffee with no sugar. Keep electrolytes up, supplement with protein powder.

So are any fellow fatties getting weird discouragement from their peers? People keep telling me "you don't need to loose weight" and the line "your weight is all muscle". I'm fucking 215lbs at 5'10". If I was all muscle I'd look like a pro wrestler. How do I shut these people down? At first I thought it was going to come from insecure fatties but even my thin friends are saying it. Is it because they think it's nice? It drives me insane.

Remember to lift and eat your onions fatties.

Are you not shutting up about how fat you are like a woman and they're responding back to you?

They think it's nice and aren't informed enough to know that they're hindering your motivation by playing to your laziness

Thank you my friend. I'm gonna hit the gym as soon as I get the money. Maybe you can suggest a good starting program?

If I maxed out at 225lbs @ 5'11", am I at risk of getting flabby loose skin if I lose weight too fast? I know it's a real problem for the morbidly obese but luckily I never went past class I.

No, I am on a keto diet though and it comes up. I don't talk about it for the sake of talking about it much but it incidentally enters conversation when I'm at a restaurant or being offered food or something.
I also get the line "But user, aren't you at the gym pretty often? Why do you need to diet?". It drives me insane.

They probably won't shut up. Just don't pay attention and do your thing, you're gonna make it.

I don't really follow a program, I often spend 1-3 hours in the gym every day.

My rule of thumb is:

10 Sets of exercsies minimum per muscle group. I usually do 4 Sets per exercise, and usually do 5-6 exercises per bodygroup. Which as you can guess, equates to 24 sets per muscle group.

I'd suggest looking at bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder

to plan your workouts.

If you have a YMCA in your area see if you qualify for a free or discounted membership. They give two free passes automatically, so there's no reason not to give it a shot.

You just have to learn to deal with it. Tell them you're active because you enjoy it, or just don't even dignify them with a response. If they still persist you could start trying to make them come with you every time they bring it up and be really pushy about it.

Ah well fair enough. Just tell them you want to be the best version of yourself possible and you've done the research and have the drive to succeed at this. If they argue against that they are literally arguing for your failure.

How do I beat that horrible feeling of wanting to snack all the time? I don't care what it is, I just need something to chew whenever I'm home and it feel horrible

Drink water and get used to not grazing. Grazing made you fat.

>drink water instead
>have to piss every 5 minutes
j u s t, but I'll survive

At this point my biggest source of motivation is imagining myself with defined muscles/visible abs just so I can show the people who told me that I didn't need to lose weight on account of being "all muscle" what being all muscle really looks like. So far I've lost 20 out of 50 pounds before I reach my goal weight/goal bodyfat percentage. Hopefully I'll make it by swimsuit season, as long as I don't fuck up during the holidays.

Plug your stats into losertown to give yourself a better guide if you'll make it by summer.

Think of the water as a transitional habit to partake in while you break away from your old habit of grazing. It's just a place to channel your instinct to graze into while you get it together. Eventually you wont have the impulse any longer.

According to losertown I should reach my goal weight around mid-april, which is reasonable. Considering that I might have a few cheat days + some holiday feasts, I might not get there until May realistically speaking. It's about what I expected anyway.

You know what you're doing. You'll bounce back from cheat meals and not have too many repercussions. You'll be ready by summer.

I love these threads, they motivate me to be the better version of myself

we're all gonna make it

What's your routine for shredding like that? I'm at 37% or something, so would be awesome to strip down to that in 20 weeks.

Ditch simple carbs. I did, and it cut my cravings to basically nothing. If I have simple carbs like white bread during the day though, I crave shit until I'm angry at denying myself, and then get miserable or give in.

I was trying to fast but I realized I ate less than 600 calories at lunch, had to break fast to get some more calories, I feel sad af.

Tomorrow is another day I guess

Does everyone here take before photos? Thinking of taking some tonight, so if I reach my goal in a year I can look back and feel good.

I took some photos of me in my current shirts and going to take them again in 6months to see if I actually look different when I lose weight.

I was at my heaviest at 29% bodyfat. Now that I'm 23% I wish I had taken some pictures. I have one from when I was 25% but I wish I had taken photos when I started.

Yeah, I started back up a week or two ago. Gonna try and take a few photos, because otherwise I will regret it.

Milk in coffee... Go home faggot.

I have a 5200kcal maintenance and I only eat at around dinner time, I just have a massive deficit, train heaps, and have shitloads of protein. I train on average 2:30hr a day though.

Don't be a bitch

Says the massive homosexualite who needs milkies in his covfefe.

and with a 5200cal maintenance, massive is meant in a different manner, you absolute hippopotamus.

Is carbonated water alowable? I refuse to give up the fizz.

Sure, although it's still not as good as plain old water. It's got sodium and it can do a number on your teeth but it definitely beats soda. Use it to wean yourself off, but ultimately you should try to ditch it as well.

Where is the holy father?

"5200kcal maintenance"..how fucking fat are you?

Not too fat but fat. I went to the gym for the first time in my life i think. I'm 18. When i say gym, i mean like weight type of gym. I lifted shit like dumbbells a barbell, bench press for the first time. The fucking bar itself was like 60 pounds. I only lifted the damn bar. I have been sore as fuck. Is this normal?

45lbs is standard bar, I highly doubt it was 60. It's not uncommon to be sore when you first start lifting but you're definitely at the bottom end of strength. Good news is it's only up from there.

I'm so hungry but I already ate 2 Poptarts today. Fug that's like 400 empty calories.

>been going hard at the gym for past month and half
>went from 120kg to 116kg and now im back to 119kg
>been dieting and counting calories like a mad man
>can squat 110 lbs now
>when i started was struggling to do 66 lbs

is this weight gain just from muscle or what? i think i look alot trimmer and have lost some of my belly/face fat, i feel amazing compared to 2 months ago but what is up with my weight? only thing i can think of is my regular alcohol consumption but ive been making sure to keep it in my calorie limit

>45lbs is standard bar, I highly doubt it was 60.
It was fucking 60 man. My friend took away the 20 pounds from it, i just lifted the damn bar.

> It's not uncommon to be sore when you first start lifting

I'm sore as fuck, chest, arms, biceps and little bit of forearm.

no you didn't gain 3kg of muscle in 1 month lol.

2 months, but yeah i thought thatd be outrageous too, maybe i just need to go back to 2 meals a day

don't ever fall into the trap of "i'm gaining weight but its probably muscle".

when you're as fat as you are there is a paradoxical thing that happens where your mid section fills out, makes your love handles and gut look smaller, so you think you're trimming up.

you aren't, you're just expanding & getting fatter.

likewise, as you lose weight you'll notice your love handles stick out more and you'll think "oh man im not losing weight" but realistically your midsection is being reduced.

Im 6'6 so thankfully i dont look that huge to begin with, but thanks ill revise my diet more

120kg at 6'6 is still obese.

You know that you are taller than most generic 6'3" chads, right? You make them looks like midgets in a way

Yes i know thats why i come to fat threads, i was only saying because of my height i dont look very fat

I dont really think about it to be honest, but when i see people round the 7 foot mark im a little blown back, thanks i guess tehe

Yeah, you will be sore. First day lifting in a year, could barely move the next day.

I was kind of scared of mirrors/cameras when I started my diet. I didn't take any before shots until about ten pounds in :(

>tfw older brother ate the pies for thanksgiving
>have 2 turkeys defrosted and one in the freezer for later
>tfw going to grill a turkey

>/fat/ is completely dead

w-where did everyone go?

83kg Lean muscle mass, 3 hour sessions.

Come again?

it's not dead , but I do remember threads only lasting 12 hours.I think some went to fast.

prove it..n-no homo

>I'm sore as fuck, chest, arms, biceps and little bit of forearm.
Good! It means it's working. Any muscle that isn't sore, you skipped, and that's bad.

When you work out constantly, you'll never get sore. Then you have a vacation for 2-3 weeks, and when you get back you will get sore as fuck again.

Doing new routines, with new angles, that activates small muscles or fibres that hasn't been included before (incl weird stuff like yoga or Tai-chi), will also introduce that sore feeling. The pain of accomplishment!

I'm still at 17%, so in no way am I lean, but I do have abs. Also for the sake of anonymity I'm not posting pic

>Good! It means it's working. Any muscle that isn't sore, you skipped, and that's bad.

you're literally retarded. DOMS is hypersensitivity to pain as a result of unfamiliar work. while it's associated with progress in early training, it has nothing to do with the actual process of getting stronger.

do the world a favor and stop answering questions.

>ate a 1080 calorie triple Wendy's burger today

Kill me. I'm swearing off burgers. Fuck me. Chicken sandwiches forever now. I'm so sad and fat, holy fuck lmao.

>Thanksgiving is less than 2 days away
hold me anons

I got you user, but no homo tho.

We can make it through the most fattening times of the year.

GSLP

all you need except increase deadlift from 1x5 to 3x5+

i ain't fat but
>feel like I have to pee constantly
>slight stinging feeling when I pee

d-do I have a UTI bros?

You have seriously no education at all. You've heard ONE explanation to sorreness and then you apply it to everything.

How fucking stupid can you be? Oh yeah, that would be like you... you are the pinnacle of stupidity. Just go back to /b/.

Normies hate seeing someone try to improve their life, because it makes them feel guilty about not doing the same.

I used to have this problem at first. I usually talk myself out of it. Saying things like, "I dont need this im just bored." out loud helped a lot. If it's really bad cravings I find a fat person hate thread and that does the trick.

>tfw look like absolute sack of potatoes without pump.

>203.5 lbs around two weeks
>193 lbs now
I have no idea if becoming thin will change anything, but I should use this opportunity.

So i was losing a steady 0.5kg/week for the last 5 weeks on a 500 kcal deficit.
Pigged out last weekend (lots of beer, lots of sugar for 3 consecutive days). Didnt count calories (not autistic enough to use mfp during birthday parties/baby showers) but i gained the 2.5kg i lost right back. Dropped 1kg already but the scale doesnt seem to move below 81 kg.
Did i undo 3 weeks of cutting in 3 days? Am i still retaining water because of the excess carbs?

*two weeks ago

I'm 5'11 and was 240lbs back in April. I'm down to 155 now and have no loose skin. A few stretch marks unfortunately, but luckily they aren't that bad and not easily noticed. Still holding onto some excess gut fat though, despite being well into normal weight range. But anyway, if you maxed out at 225lbs I wouldn't worry at all about loose skin. I have a friend who is 5'9 and got up to 280lbs. He's down to like 180lbs and didn't get any loose skin. From what I've seen/heard it's mostly people who were 300lbs and up who get it.

Have you tried gum/mints? You can chew a stick of gum for a good 10-20 minutes for next to no calories (sugar free- says 0 on the label, so likely to be around 5 cals per stick).

I only ate 610 calories today and around 1,500 or less the other days this week. I'm gonna go big tomorrow and Thursday though.

>starving yourself to give it all up for a cheat day
>2 cheat days
>b-but muh thanksgiving!
Not gonna make it

Question for real Veeky Forumsizens who are just here to laugh or help us fatties.

Why does everyone say dropping 15 to 20 lbs a month is bad for you? I legit want to know if my intake that has worked for close to half a year is going to kill me.

I already was planning to eat big on Thanksgiving, I just decided I would go extra low today because I happened to get filled up after one small meal and it was better to save up calories than to not. Also, I've already "made it" in the sense that I reached my weightloss goal. I've got about 5 more pounds to go before I finish cutting and I don't mind setting myself back a day or two for the best meal of the year.

1. Losing weight quickly leads to slowing your metabolism down. A lot of people who do low-calorie diets or fasting and lose a lot of weight in a short time end up resuming their old eating habits post-diet, only this time with a much slower metabolism, and not only gain the weight back but gain it back much faster than before.
2. It's normal to lose 15-20lbs a month very early in your diet, but after the 2nd month it's not quite as common and requires a significant calorie deficit. Quite simply, most doctors will not recommend eating at such a low deficit. It really depletes your energy and can leave you light headed if you eat a very low-calorie diet and do a lot of physical activity.

Basically, when you finish your diet make sure you exercise and eat at maintenance for a few weeks to help get your metabolism back in order. DO NOT resume eating 3,000 calories a day because you will get fat as fuck in no time at all. The best thing to do when finishing eating at a deficit is to increase your intake by about 100 calories on average every week or so and stop when you find your maintenance level. Then if you want to start bulking/building muscle just increase your maintenance by 100-200 calories or so.

Why arent you guys fasting to be done with torture(being fat) sooner?

So basically dumb fucks go on a diet instead of making a life style change permenant so doctors just dont bother? Actually good to know and makes my narcissistic ass feel better about myself.

So when we finish cutting we'll have actually learned how to eat a proper diet and how to balance out a healthy meal. Instead of going right back to our old ways when we were fat and ballooning back up to morbid obesity.

Patience is a virtue

How often do you guys shit?

Ever since i started eating clean i shit like two times a week.

Before it was a messy diarrhea every day two times a day.

I eat a lot of beans and drink coffee so i should be shitting like a motherfucker.

Pretty much. Just need to do research and have an open mind instead of just thinking "ok i'll eat 1,500 calories for 3 months and then resume eating mcdonalds and donuts every day".

The funny thing is how simple doing a low-calorie diet to lose weight fast is, even to do it properly. Yet people frequently gain a majority of their old weight back because they don't learn anything from the experience.

>So when we finish cutting we'll have actually learned how to eat a proper diet and how to balance out a healthy meal. Instead of going right back to our old ways when we were fat and ballooning back up to morbid obesity.

You can go back to your old habits just as easily if you just lower your calories

How many calories are you eating on average? I used to go every day and occasionally every other day. Now I go every 2 days and occasionally every 3. And a lot less diarrhea due to my improved diet.