/FAST/ fasting general

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS NOT ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0 [Open] [Open]
>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis [Open] [Open]

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8 [Open] [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8 [Open] [Open]

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns [Open] [Open]

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c [Open] [Open]
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk [Open] [Open]
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk [Open] [Open]
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE [Open] [Open]

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8 [Open] [Open]

HOW TO START SNAKE DIET FATTY
youtube.com/watch?t=12s&v=2vz_U8kxDlg

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Elite-Pills-Will-Painful-Electrolytes-Hydrated/dp/B00OU7YXU2
vocaroo.com/i/s1tEakTciA4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=YcN2yuwZqUU
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16928474
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170216103923.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8896990
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20974050
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16815497
derangedphysiology.com/main/required-reading/endocrinology-metabolism-and-nutrition/Chapter 3.1.8/physiological-adaptation-prolonged-starvation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Please respond

Hey snake juicers
I can't find any cayenne pepper extract capsule things at the store, but I have just regular cayenne pepper in powder form.
Can I just add in like a teaspoon of the actual powder into my snake juice, or does it actually have to be from the capsules for some reason?

pls respond

You can use straight up cayenne pepper thats how I did it (I dont do that anymore). One teaspoon will probably too much

I am starting my first 24 hours fast and I want to break it with a keto dinner. The idea is to retain some of the fasting benefits by staying in ketosis other 10 hours or something. Its this a good idea? My main goal is to keep that lypolisis going all I can.

I dont know whats your goal. If I wanted to lose weight I would just fast as long as possible. Keto is still good idea tho

I want to lose fat

How do I break a fast?

How much? Then fast as long as you can. You can go weeks or even months without food if you got enough fat. There is no quicker and easier way. Just be sure to replenish your electrolytes.

I suggest you watch Snake Diet video (last link in OP). Its how to do water fast with salt water so that you dont feel like shit.

Is this a good enough meal for once a day? Looking to maintain rather than lose weight

1 bowl of spinach/sweet potato salad with olive oil and 1 egg in there
1 bowl of rice with steamed brocolli/carrots/mushrooms and chicken
1 small bowl of yoghurt with tachini/peanut butter/berries/banana/honey
1 bowl of oatmeal with honey/berries/tachini
1 proton shake
2 bananas

I eat these within a 40-60 hour window daily and then fast.

Depends on how long you fasted. When I broke 4 weeks long water fast I was only eating bone broth for 3 days and then I ate whatever.

Short fast (3 days) you should be able to eat normal solid food.

If I fasted for say 7-14 days I would break it with something keto friendly (to avoid insulin spike),easy to digest and fibrous (eggs,vegetables)

Sounds good

Decent health stack, but where was animal fats? (assuming you are a man)

Ι use olive oil in the salad + take 1 teaspoon of fish oil + zinc supplementation.

I was thinking of ditching the rice and keeping the steamed veggies and adding more bacon to the mix.

/fast/ I've been thinking about doing a 5 day water fast and I keep reading about salts. What's recommended when it comes to salt and long term fasting? I keep reading different things. Would these salt pills cover all my bases?
amazon.com/Elite-Pills-Will-Painful-Electrolytes-Hydrated/dp/B00OU7YXU2
I normally eat on a 16/8 schedule and have done 1 day fasts without trouble and would like to try something a bit more challenging.

So far so good

Dont fall for pills jew. I bought pink salt for like 3euro and potassium chloride for 4e. With such a short fast you should be even ok without potassium and just use any salt you have at home

>10h of sleep
How

I turned off bluelight in my phone and laid in bed until I went to sleep at about 1:00am-1:30am

Woke up at 5am breifly, then 12pm today

Is it okay to lift or go hiking while doing a water fast? I'm about to start my first fast after Thanksgiving.

>not adding one full onion

it's like you don't even wanna make it

Yes,listen to your body and take your salts or you might pass out

So if I'm like 3 or 4 days in and I go walk for a few hours it's not going to fuck me up right? I'm planning on salt and multivitamin. Might add coffee (with no creamer, just black) in I'm not sure yet.

Alright niggers, I'm giving this shit a try.

Me too. Going to try a 7 day water fast after Thanksgiving. Might as well go all out with it instead of a pussy ass one day fast.

Does taking tylenol, ibuprofen or aspirin break the fast?

Been doing IF 20/4 since the middle of September. Now fasting yesterday and today so I can eat decently tomorrow. It feels nice fast.

Probably not but I would advise you to stop being pussy and endure just to be sure. Headaches at start are normal

>inb4 girl again telling me I know shit about period pains

As long as you take sodium and potassium you will be fine. I think you can even ditch multivitamin. It might fuck your stomach and you ahould have big vitamin reserves

>Headaches at start are normal
So how long do they last?

3 days max?. Are you drinking enough and taking electrolytes?

No I'm just mentally preparing myself. I would get headaches when I used to go like 12 hours without eating and I thought it was a sign that I really needed to eat. Now from what I can tell it means my body really needed the fast.

Try to overcome it and see if you will feel better next days. On my last fast (230hours) my head hurt only first 1-2 days (they say its detox symptons) and after that never. Now Im at 50 hours of new fast and so far no headache.

>2 days of data

LMAO MY DUDE

ROFL @ UR LIFE

If I am above 170 pounds after my IF keto thanksgiving, I'm taking 60mg of milk of magnesia and exercising until I shit my brains out

Not that much, I am at 18% bf aprox. I dont want to go for a longer fast, I want to ease on it. Like I said, is my first 24 hour fast.

I was thinking about to eat an 4 eggs omellette.

/fast/ why are not you drinking mate while you are fasting to kill hunger? Is like you don't even want to succeed.

Guys, I just finished a 100 hour fast, refeeding last night.

It's funny how psychologically all I wanted was to eat something - notably the sight of carbs was actually revolting for once, and I actually at one stage literally had dreams about eating tuna and broccoli.

Refeeding was actually surprisingly very dissapointing. I binged on some fruit veggies and chicken. I instantly felt extremely hot, lethargic, and tired. My bowels exploded (tmi soz).

Today (day after non-fast), I woke up in pain and have never felt so weak before. My back kinda hurts and it actually took minutes for me to gain the energy to get out of bed. Hoping it's just dehydration, any ideas?

I would really suggest people who haven't tried this to give it ago. I didn't feel hungry after day 2, it was just a psychological need, like staring at a hot girls booty. My senses and logic were boosted significantly after day 2 - almost like a very mild dose of LSD, or Ritalin. Average weight loss was 5kg over the 4ish days.

The most difficult part is easily social lunches and interactions where you kinda become the focus of jokes for not eating - but I guess you get social gains for practising your use of the word no.

Is there anyone here that isnt a troll?
How come nobody talks about the shitty symptoms of intermitent fasting (not to mention long term fasting) like headaches, low energy, depressive feelings and overall shittyness.

That and loosing all your muscle gains while keeping all the skinny fat.

Fuck, im so pissed to have fallen for this fasting bullshit

What does the magnesoum do

What the fucking fuck is that even?

vocaroo.com/i/s1tEakTciA4Q

^^^/FAST/ ANTHEM

WHAT HAVE I BECOME
MY LEANEST FRIEND
EVERY POUND I LOSE, IS REGAINED
IN THE END
AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL
MY EMPIRE OF GIRTH
I WILL LET YOU DOWN
I WILL MAKE YOU HURT

IF I COULD START AGAIN
A MILLION POUNDS AWAY
I WOULD KEEP BINGING
I WOULD FIND A WAY

What is hunger?

>yfw avocadofag actually believes the things he posts

makes you shit like crazy basically, magnesium is not absorbed by the intestine, it draws water into the intestine which you then shit out forcefully

HAHAHAHAH

The "mate" (read it "mah-teh"" is an tipical sudamerican drink, especially in Paraguay, Uruguay and Argentina. Is just a tea made out of "yerba mate" dry and ground leaves. It its a tipical argentinan beverege, we drink it for breakfast, between dinner and lunch, at night, to stay wake, socially, alone, etc. The thing is that you can drink easily like 1lt by yourself in like, 1 hour and it can kill very efectibly hunger. Here is used a lot when you dont want or you cant eat lunch, for example (like, if you are at the office and you have work to do, so you skip your lunch time to keep working, you can still drink mate; yeah, here is socially aceptable to drink mate at work, like drinking coffe). I am drinking mate now in the 18th hour of my first 24 hours fast, and I am not hungry at all. It is worth trying.

10/10

Why can't I fast?

I didn't eat this morning and my mid-day my stomach was making strange noises and my head started hurting s little.

So I guess I dont need it on fast right?

Btw what does it mean when my piss is crystal clear?like it looks exactly like bottled water thats how pure it is. Even after sleeping when my piss should be dark. Are my kidneys dying?

Low willpower

Are you drinking enough?

Water in, water out.

But why isnt it yellow. This never happened to ne before

If you eat less or just drink more water, it happens and it is normal.

Unless it turns deep brown or red you shuoldn't worry about it.

you might actually be diabetic

>headaches, low energy, depressive feelings and overall shittyness.

ELECTROLYTES

>tfw finished 43 day fast on 13th november, lost about 58 pounds
>friends/family cant believe my weight loss
>one friend asked me for advice on fasting
>gave him bunch of resources and sources for supplements
>asks me a bunch of really basic questions, clearly didnt read any of the beginner sources i sent him
>supplements he bought are loaded with artificial sweeteners, some sweet version of multivitamins when i said a basic multivitamin from any supermarket would be fine.
>electrolyte pills with sorbitol.
>started on sunday, failed on monday, started 2nd time on tuesdays and broke it same day
>starting again on wednesday

how do i tell him without sounding like a douche that he needs to read the documents properly(told me did)?

he wants to go like 60 days, when i said he should start with 1-3 day fasts, (although i went 43 days on my first one so im a hypocrite but i did a ton of research before doing it and went keto before the fast)

>how do i tell him without sounding like a douche that he needs to read the documents properly(told me did)?

Don't. He'll just make you the asshole so he doesn't have to admit his failure to himself.

Tell him that 60 days is too much for him and that you had it easy, because you didn't consume carbs before your fast. Tell him that being in ketosis before starting a fast made it way easier for you. (This is important to give him hope and to not break his spirit - you had it "easy")

Let him do 2 weeks of tight IF (2/22 or something). Second week low-carb or keto. And then talk about WF with him.

>want to stuff self
>stomach has shrunk so less food does the job

mixed feelings

its just tea you spaz

thanks so much man haha :D

Can you drink a liter of tea?

Sup brahs, anyone have success with Eat Stop Eat?
My stats are 5'8 170ibs .. I gained 15ibs do to depression and have slight experience with fasting because I was a wrestler.
How soon can I expect fat loss and what's the estimated calorie-deficit of the days I am not eating?
Thanks in advance brahs
>tfw no abs anymore

Congrats mate. How is everything feeling since then? Are you back to eating and training?

>TFW YOU FAT FAST THEN CARB LOAD TO GET SHREDDED FOR STAGE PERFORMANCE

I'M TELLING YOU NIGGERS THIS IS THE WAY TO GO

>mfw lost all my wrestle offs so I had to constantly cut weight between weight classes to get any matches
Good times in the sauna, lads.

Would you trust this man?

YOU LOOK BETTER THEN HIM? ANYONE LOOK BETTER THEN HIM ITT?

he's literally retarded!

How long do you plan fasting ?

Keep us updated.

pretty much back to normal, starting working out at the gym.

Kind of want to fast again to lose more weight, since im basically between 24-25% body fat, i was originally around 37-38%, but i wanna get down to 15-18%, maybe even lower and then gain a lot of muscle.

I could eat normally after about 4 days after the fast, first few days were fruits/veggies, then soups, and had chicken breast on the 4th day.

Since i have no urge for fast food anymore, i'm just gonna avoid sodas/sugary/crisps/chocolate for a while.

I honestly prefer veggies at this point, they obviously dont taste as good, but that hunters high during fasting is what i miss, and when i eat properly with veggies/lean meats/complex carbs, i feel way better than if I had pizza before the fast.

Redpill me on the best way you've found is to break the fast. Do I just start eating candy and shit or should I eat a specific meal?

What was your weight on day 1 vs day 43 vs now?

Nice man
So what were u taking ?
Snake juice and multivitamin ?

As long as I can avoid the gains goblins in my life (Mom and sister)

hey I dealt with that too. I just had to tell them honestly that I was gonna be doing my own diet "for a few days"

they eventually forget to control you as much

big ass omelette with plenty of veg and some avocadoes is my favourite

What is the average time people usually fast for

im currently about to finish day 2 and i have one more day.

is this too less?

no that's good, basically you wanna do 2-5 day fasts, then eat one meal, then resume

over a month you will shred ridiculous weight

How is this comparable to a prolonged fast, say 7+ days?

Cheers,much appreciated

And what about fasting for 24 hours? It is worthless?

>mfw wasted my potential due to me choking during a live match to people I'd murder at open mats

Its happens, bruv. I was real solid at lazy shit like high singles and lat drops but I'd do stupid shit like shoot low singles and lose points.

Useless for keto. Very useful in reducing overall caloric intake over, say, a week.

Insofar as it helps you prepare for longer fasts its great, but it isn't going to be fast... isn't going to fix metabolic syndrome... isn't going to lower basal insulin.

FAT FAST SO FAR.
PLANT BASED FOR HEALTH KETOGENIC DIET, ANIMAL KETOGENIC DIET BASED FOR BETTER MUSCLE PRESERVATION
Day 1 700 CALORIES PLANT BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE SPREAD OUT THROUGH OUT THE DAY NEVER GO OVER 12 HOURS OF NOT EATING HIGH SODIUM
Day 2 800 CALORIES PLANT BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE SPREAD OUT THROUGH OUT THE DAY NEVER GO OVER 12 HOURS OF NOT EATING HIGH SODIUM
Day 3 800 CALORIES PLANT BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE SPREAD OUT THROUGH OUT THE DAY NEVER GO OVER 12 HOURS OF NOT EATING HIGH SODIUM
Day 3 800 CALORIES PLANT BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE SPREAD OUT THROUGH OUT THE DAY NEVER GO OVER 12 HOURS OF NOT EATING HIGH SODIUM
Day 4 800 CALORIES PLANT BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE SPREAD OUT THROUGH OUT THE DAY NEVER GO OVER 12 HOURS OF NOT EATING HIGH SODIUM
Day 5 800 CALORIES PLANT BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE SPREAD OUT THROUGH OUT THE DAY NEVER GO OVER 12 HOURS OF NOT EATING HIGH SODIUM
>DO FULL BODY WORK OUT HEAVY WORK OUT ROUTINE PLUS SPRINT ECT ATTEMPT TO DEPLETE ALL GLUCOSE FROM BODY BEFORE LOADING
Day 6 CARB LAODING. GLUCOSE 120-130 GRAMS EVERY TWO HOURS/ 2.5 OUNCES OF WATER TONS OF CANDY LOW SODIUM DAY *CAN REPEAT TWO DAYS OR ONE IF CARBS DEPENING ON FEELING
>REPEAT DAY ONE TILL BODY GOAL
MAINTENANCE START ALTERNATE DAY "FASTING"
Day 7 500 CALORIES ANIMAL BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE ONLY IN THE AFTERNOON FOUR HOURS BEFORE BED
Day 8 AD LIBITUM FEEDINGS WESTERN DIET/MEDITERRANEAN STYLE
Day 9 500 CALORIES ANIMAL BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE ONLY IN THE AFTERNOON FOUR HOURS BEFORE BED
Day KEEP REPEATING OF ALTERNATE DAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET BIGGER THEN SHORTEN TIME WITH OUT EATING
EXPLINATION OF CARB LOADING

USE SHIT LIKE caprylic acid (C8) IN COMBINATION WITH IN COFFEE IN THE MORNING
>caprylic acid (C8)
>MCT oil (C8/C10)
>COCONUT OIL
>AVOCADOS
CARBLAODING DAYS YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE TO REPLACE
>replace thiamine
>riboflavin
>vitamin K
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16928474
OTHER SUPPLEMENTATION
***PROBIOTICS
OMEGA-3
IT IS BASICALLY THE SAME SHIT IN THIS STUDY
>It also shrank waistlines and resulted in weight loss, both in total body fat and trunk fat, but not in muscle mass.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170216103923.htm
MORE KETONES

>FFA availability and KB production. An increase in FFA availability augmented KB production not only by a mass effect but also by a diversion of hepatic fatty acid metabolism towards ketogenesis.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8896990

MORE AUTOPHAGY

>The autophagy-lysosomal pathway is involved in TAG degradation in the liver: the effect of high-sucrose and high-fat diet.
>LAL activity significantly correlated with ketogenesis in all groups
>Autophagy is stimulated under the same conditions as LAL
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20974050

>Ketones turn on autophagy
>Tissues that cannot use ketone bodies for energy respond to these small molecules by activating chaperone-mediated autophagy.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16815497

IT PRESERVES LEAN TISSUE

>Then, in the first 24-48 hours there is increased gluconeogenesis from amino acids and glycerol.
>Subsequently, ketogenesis takes over, and much of the body metabolic needs are met by ketone bodies and free fatty acids.
derangedphysiology.com/main/required-reading/endocrinology-metabolism-and-nutrition/Chapter 3.1.8/physiological-adaptation-prolonged-starvation

>mfw didnt have a dedicated drilling partner
>mfw the only dedicated drilling partner I had was 60ibs more than me so it wasnt practical but when we did drill we'd kill it and if I trained with him I'd probably make masters had we met at the same weight

I just want to lose fat. I am at 20%bf top. I was thinking about doing a 24 hours fast a couple days in the week until I reach my goal. But idk, is better to stay longer in the fast?

I dont want to deal with my gf and family nagging me about being anorexic because of a long fast

Yes , fasting 1/2 day , in the long run ( 1-2 month top ) is fine
But if the problem is the opinion of other well , idk , find a pair of balls

small meals every 1-2 hours, either with vegetable juice/water melon, next day introduce some fruits/veggies, i chose celery/cucumber due to high water content, and watermelon also finished off with the day with a tomato and basil soup (get a fresh one that has actual crushed chunky tomatos in it, not some cream of tomato one)

day 3 was veggies/chicken broth soup/bit of biltong (probably stupid idea)

day 4 egg drop soup, veggies for snacking on with some hummus, finished off the day with a chicken breast oven bake that had a bunch of chopped up veggies (carrots/mushrooms/broccoli/onions cooked with the chicken breast).

Every day i had a probiotic drink too.

Day 1 262lb, Day 43 198 (was in morning and very dehydrated state), now fluctuating around 205-207, trying to build muscle since i'm going to do another long fast to get down to 150-160.

Electrolyte pills x 2( to cover 100% rda for potassium/sodium/chloride/magnesium) / vitamin d / biotin x 2 (was kinda scared of telogen effluvium during fast but experienced no hair loss yet) / multivitamin / b complex (covered b1-b12).

Also took a fish oil supplement once a week.

Drank black coffee at start of fast and towards the end, didnt want too much caffeine in my system, occasionally drank green tea otherwise it was just tap water and sometimes sparkling water (no sweetener added) if i got bored.

Some people experience nausea when taking vitamins on an empty stomach but crushing up the powder/tablets and downing it with water seemed to help prevent that.

I typically drank like 5-6 litres a day, before the fast i usually drank like 1-1.5 gallons of water.

you should aim for atleast 3 litres daily.

Its full of carbs and like half maintenance calories.
Also
>40-60 hour window daily
Wtf are you retarded?

>TFW ur intermittent fasting and have to wait another 8 hours to eat ur onions
FEELSBADMAN

Can I eat whatever if I'm fasting 23-1 or do i have to stay keto?

You were either a lighter or middle weight class, which is way harder to wrestle in.

Assuming your bf% assessment was reliable, you were 163lbs FFM before, and and 155lbs FFM after (based on the 207 measurement). Considering you ate no food thats not a lot of FFM loss, really impressive! Were you doing some light lifts during the fast to preserve some mass?

You post an awful lot shilling fat fast when you're still fucking FAT yourself

maybe wait till you get lean first, fatty

LEL, OKAY BRO