How does one develop willpower?

How does one develop willpower?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIRZu1dRp8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just make yourself do things. Even if you really don't want to do them. It's not about what you want, it's what you need.

Take a step back from the instant gratification that is now the norm in our society. Set a foundation of rules that delay gratification. I've found that starting small helps..But that marshmallow tastes 1000x better when work your ass off for it. Get addicted to that satisfaction. Apply it to everything in your life.

Pain anger and hate are its fuel. Enjoy

I've literally banged my head on a wall sometimes because my brain freezes and cant make a decision dont even have the willpower to go to a lecture or brush my teeth sometimes, i just stand still and zone out like I've completely lost any bit of willpower sometimes

Need a foolproof way to power through aswell

You would need to care about things. It's really difficult for me as an ESTP/J antisocial personality, but I guess you'll find meaning in life.

Every goal is a new experience. Experiences are memories, and when you reflect on your life when you're older, you'll realize it was not just filled with happy experiences. There were other emotions present as well. Now, you have willpower. Now you want to experience. Now you value emotion, and not just happiness. Breathe. You are living again

No fool proof way...or all the fools would have everything they wanted....you have to fucking own it.

I guess believing in Jesus would help. I am already regretting that I have been an atheist for a couple of years. You need a purpose. A driving force. Even if it's hot chicks or your friend circle.

In english, doc

How can you regret a fundamental conviction about the nature of the universe? Is the metaphysical concept of an intelligent designer appealing to you intellectually, or do you just wish you hadn't made certain realisations about the nature of the universe?

you hit rock bottom

OP you should read G. Gordon Liddy's book

But I don't have the willpower to read the books I like let alone that one

Sounds like a dopamine problem to me.

You should cut out the things giving you instant gratification, like youtube, facebook, drugs, sweets & sugars, gambling,

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIRZu1dRp8Q

Heh...

That monkey think describes me I'm gonna watch it all now desu

I also do shit like watch movies in the cinema alone and book it last minute to avoid a lecture but im more excited about booking it rather than watching it so this sounds kinda similar

where do you live buddy? I'll come over and read it to you

Reset your dopamine systems by taking mdma

Thank you for your valuable diagnosis. Is this what happens when countries lack free healthcare?

gotta avoid that anterior singulate thing we heard about on Friday

oh go eat a onion then faggot

No, Jesus is just another crutch...don't pile your problems on some imaginary bullshit...own all of it. It's your fault you are weak, it's your fault you do not succeed. Your will is your own and not the fault of the Uncle that fucked you, or the Cosmic force handing out tickets to eternity. Own it, or be forever a victim blaming others for your failure.

There's no such thing as willpower. Either you want something or you don't.

I started going to the gym and eating better because I would look at myself and be disgusted at how weak and flabby I looked. It's easier to spend a few hours a week working out than it is to live being ashamed of yourself.

You know that edgy saying pain is existence? They're kind of right. When you're accomplishing a goal, there are no mutually exclusive emotions and goals. any emotion or experience could happen when experiencing your goals. However these experiences, compounded and hammered into our brain by the pure emotion felt during that time, will allow us to remember that memory for future goals. allowing yourself to accomplish a goal for the sake of doing it rather than accomplishing a goal for only happiness not only prevents reduction of new memories and information, but pushes you out of your comfort zone. How? new information leads to new confidence and areas you can connect to and allow you to progress over obstacles.

Willpower is the desire to attain information. To attain memory. It only builds up higher and can never be lower. Those with existential crisis(depression) have no willpower because they are lacking interest and therefore have no clear cut goals moving forward. They do not wish to experience other memories, only repeat happy memories since those are the memories they value(no study but probably high correlation between vidya/anime, aka happy situations, and depression) happy situations only, and stay in a comfort zone. Willpower is the desire to attain information to keep accomplishing more goals. Willpower is the self-interest in yourself through shaping your ideas to move forward. Willpower isn't necessarily giving yourself only happy memories, but information system, aka memories, to work with. You cannot confidently do a situation without knowing information. Willpower is a series of tasks that you want to accomplish to seek a goal. Willpower is the monotonous and potentially boring or exciting, or any emotion in between, process of doing research for your routine(read the fucking sticky). Willpower is the anxiety inducing moment entering the gym or the sigh of relief in entering the gym. Willpower is marching up to chad for help with anger, sadness, happiness because you want to improve your lifts, fucked up your lifts, or someone made fun of your lifts. Willpower is a flurry of tasks and flurry of different emotions being processed. However once processed, they are imprinted in your mind through the intensity of that emotion so the information, and the information only can be recalled upon

Change that inner voice in your head to roast yourself everytime you wanna be lazy, not do something, eat unhealthy etc. " You lazy fuck, do this now or you're a coward" Change that inner dialogue .

Find something that hurts, or well it'll find you anyway eventually. Then you'll feel a push.

Willpower is that guy in life who actually enjoyed learning and now had a pretty good job. He's had lots of happy moments figuring stuff out probably due to his interest. But they've probably had many roadblocks as well, filled with struggles and frustration to figure something out. However that bad moment was not something to forget or push out of the way. It was a learning experience that lead to many new experiences that lead to them probably being successful.

A lifter is in the same way. that euphoric moment of beating a PR did not come without its struggles and emotionally intensive moments. Through accomplishing the PR, much new information was registered and obtained through the sheer emotive force experienced. that new information allowed you to push new goals or new stages of the goal that will help you progress in life.

What is life? Experiencing memories. Sure they can be the same and shared among others, but that should not detract from the pointlessness of your life. in fact the ideas I possess, that you possess are shared by hundreds if not thousands of others. never unique. But it's prowess, its implementation in others, the POWER of the idea is unlimited in your portrayal of the idea through confidence and willpower. Simply accomplishing a goal will display your beliefs and make you noticeable among other specimens with the same idea. the fatty and the chad bodybuilder both share the same idea on New Year's Eve. fatty #1 runs out of willpower the second week and decides to not want to accomplish the goal. Fatty #2 and chad want to continue, and share the same desire for meeting new goals(willpower) and gaining new information, new emotions about themselves, and thus portray the same idea through their sheer diligence and accomplishing if new goals.

Life is emotions

I workout and train in fighting so if some numale soyboy gets pissed off with me talking to his girl in a club I could almost kill him without even trying

God, I love Trent so much

Study the Arcane and seek to bring forth your inner light everyday