Irritable Bowl Syndrome

Anyone else have gut related issues?

I just got diagnosed with Irritable Bowl Syndrome and apparently there is no cure. He just said don't eat FODMAPs, wtf is that?

I figured I'd just have to take a few pills to stop me from feeling the need to shit myself all the time. Sounds like this is forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NMtv9h9_uJQ
gutgains.com/the-ibs-starting-point-your-diet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah I have SIBO and it sucks OP. Pretty similar, I'd be lucky to have a solid shit once a month.

It's a term for certain short chain carbs and sugar alcohols.

It's kind of a trial and error thing, think of it as an elimination diet where you cut out things that are notorious for causing digestive issues, and slowly re introduce them to see if you can figure out the culprits.

I have a temporary ileostomy and am considering trying it, lots of things are giving me digestive issues lately.

Did you get recommended medication or do they just tell you to manage it?

Yeah he mentioned that. I've been looking through it and the included and excluded foods appear so random.

Makes sense with the elimination. So they're almost like intolerances but for people with IBS? You introduce foods in then keep what works right?

Both.

The medication only worked temporarily though. I just try to manage my diet now.

>this incredibly veiled and elaborate ONION posting

Here's your (you) desu

Onion is high in FODMAPs. Not all of us are destined for greatness.

Eat a teaspoon of psyllium husks with some water. It will be better instantly.

All I know is, after starting IF again after several months, my digestive system actually WORKS again. When I was so called eating every few hours, it's like it didn't "shock" my digestive system enough to function. I was in a nearly perpetual state of "plateau" (I'd be in the same 2-3 pound range all month then the range would just lower a little bit), rarely shat, barely peed no matter how much water I drank etc. I'm actually losing weight steadily again, I poop once or more a day and I actually pee a reasonable time after drinking water. All of this for eating within a fairly long window of 6 hours.

Fuck the medical community.

Nice bro, must be satisfying to take control of that though.

I have done IF before and might see if that helps. You ever go keto? I think I may as well go keto since carbs appear to be blamed for the symptoms.

For some people it makes it better, for others it makes it worse.

Yeah, that's the idea. Start as bland and unassuming as possible until symptoms get better. Afterwards, slowly add shit back in bit by bit and see if you can figure out what sets you off.

It's tedious, but it probably beats shitting your guts out.

Oh, and you may want to get a colonoscopy. I thought my issues were from colitis. Turns out I have cancer.

>bristool

I used to think so anyway and hard it as a probably diagnosis for years.

Right the way through high school and really up to my first job. Terrible terrible indigestion and constant nausea. It was essentially stress related.

Couldn't drink any sort of beer or ale or essentially handle stress at all. Was just sick and super gassy had to go LONG walks to walk it off.

I only get it now when I'm dating or in a bad relationship

Holy shit dude, they can get this stuff mixed up with cancer?

I was thinking that I got stressed about how shit I felt. So I can be stressed out and that can be making the symptoms worse?

Yeah. I was bleeding and having constant bowel movements, like I felt I couldn't fully empty things out (tenesmus).

Doc said it was hemorrhoids and colitis. Even stuck a finger in my ass and poked what he thought was a hemorrhoid. Turns out it was a tumor. They saw it right away on colonoscopy. Shit has spread to my liver too, so I'm stage 4.

I'm not trying to scare you, but if you're concerned about it, it can't hurt to get scoped. If it's something like ulcerative colitis, they need a scope to diagnose it anyway.

anyone else gets nervous when there's no bathroom around

Try probiotics and fiber. They might make things worse, but they essentially cleared my issues up completely. Align or a generic equivalent is a good way to start, then eat lots of fiber.

Yeah it would be easy for it to get missed considering most doctors are going based on what is most likely if they have to guess.

I might go back to the GI to talk about it with him. I had a colonoscopy a few years ago from a different GI (about age 22) and they came back with nothing. It was related to a bit of bleeding though. Red blood which I'm pretty sure is from a slight scratch when poo was on it's way out.

My grandfather does have bowl cancer though.

What country are you in?

USA. I was diagnosed this January at 27 years old.

I haven't keto'd in years. Too much commitment for me. But it sounds good for you. Try it out, meat and veggies.

My shit is almost always type 1....it's like I'm a rabbit. What gives?

Are you going to die? I'm counting my blessings man...you're young for something so heavy. Sorry bud. How's your everyday life?

does it hurt?

Who here 3 master race? 4 is supposed to be the healthiest consistency but 3 is so much more satisfying.

yeah for 3 you actually put in the work and can appreciate it.

I'm somewhat lucky in that the spread was limited. I had liver and rectal surgery, to remove the tumors, have gone through 8 rounds or chemo, and 28 rounds of chemoradiation. This hasn't been a fun year lol.

There's 3 nodules on my lung they're watching right now, but overall the prognosis is that I'm still curable, since everything is surgically treated/treatable. Stage 4 becomes considered terminal if it can no longer be addressed with surgery.

I doubt I'd be this healthy this far into shit if I hadn't gone Veeky Forums with diet and lifting years back. Seriously, eat and train, it's the best health insurance you have for if shit hits the fan.

But that's my shit, and we're talking about your shitting issues. Best of luck to you man, hope the diet change is enough to fix this.

Yes LISTEN TO ME AND TRY WHAT I DID

Literally just buy kefir from a store and drink a cup or two a day. I was constantly having cosntipation followed by diarrhea. It was awful, drinking kefir helped for me.

I usually buy this one, though it doesnt really matter I think as long as you get a legit kefir with active cultures

I imagine the cancer was growing while you were still quite young then. That's a pretty shit role man, what's your plan from here?

< is a different guy btw.

Finish 4 more rounds of chemo to hopefully mop up any microscopic disease, then surgery to reverse my ileostomy in March so I'm no longer shitting into a bag lol. That's the last of the planned treatments, so assuming no recurrence, that should be the home stretch.

*if* the lung stuff turns out to be cancerous, I'll have surgery to remove that too. It's too soon to tell if that'll be necessary yet though.

>4 master race
>wipe less shits
>quick and easy

Eat some fiber and drink more water

It sounds rough but you appear to be handling it well. IBS sounds like a walk in the park in comparison. Best of luck.

I also find 3 to be much easier to wipe than 4. 4 is always a fucking disaster for me to wipe.

It is not a true 4 if you have to wipe

Same to you man. We're all gonna make it.

Yep. A true 4 has a thin water-based lubricant surrounding the stool not only to allow it to slide out with ease but to clean the asshole on the way out.

Apparently CBD oil is really good because deficiencies in the endocannabinoid system can cause the symptoms of IBS.

youtube.com/watch?v=NMtv9h9_uJQ

weed helped me a lot. if you don't like smoking you can try some cbd oil.

Anybody chronic constipation with occasional diarrhea?

Started about a year ago stomach pain, bloating, constipation, but then intermittent diarrhea a few days a months.

Had an endoscopy and colonoscopy, didn't find anything. Added fiber cereal to my routine every morning, and I have a BM everyday. But the size and shape are still different, was a Type 3 my whole life, when this all started I've become a Type 5-6 hybrid.

Sounds like IBS, son.

what do I do?

I got diagnosed with Crohn’s about 10 years ago and I struggled with all of the medication the doctors put me on. Eventually one doctor told me to stop eating gluten so I did that and all of my symptoms went away

I shit one huge week, been like this since i started cutting. Dunno if i'm not eating enough for lots poop to form or something? I eat like 20+g fiber every day and drink tons of water so i dunno what's going on.

When i do shit it's usually a glorious log though, super thick.

Fuck doctors give me the shits.

>gluten
So you simply avoid bread and baked goods in general?

*once per week

If they have gluten in them. I still eat gluten free pasta and bread

Lots of shit gives me stomach issues, especially as I've gotten older. Eating Paleo seems to largely get rid of it. Lactose and gluten seem to be the main offenders.

For me it's a normal bowel movement, then I'll get off the toilet and a few minutes later I'm running back to sit down for diarrhea. And the diarrhea sometimes makes me feel like I didn't completely finish.

There is a potential cure in fecal microbiota transplants (depending on the cause). I urge you to research this.

I need to try this. Know where I can get some CBD oil in Australia?

My IBS stopped when I ate keto and stopped drinking coffee.

>I just got diagnosed with Irritable Bowl Syndrome and apparently there is no cure.

It's fixable, doctors generally don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Your gut ecology is damaged from lack of nutrition and your dietary intake. Fix gut ecology, no IBS.

>doing keto without coffee

>I ate keto
tough lifestyle but doable
>and stopped drinking coffee
go fuck yourself

>Fix gut ecology,
How?

FODMAPS = fermentable oligosaccharides disaccharides monosaccharides and polyols
did this diet last year because I had diarrhea frequently, only to eventually discover it was all just out of stress.
Rice cookies and sugar-free jelly for breakfast and meat with vegetables or noodles for lunch and dinner. Ate cans of sardines frequently for the calcium. Practically nothing else. About 1000 calories per day. It's painful to remember

gutgains.com/the-ibs-starting-point-your-diet/

The diet is the only place to start so that you can build a foundation of what you can actually tolerate. As said it's about elimination.

So you can manage the symptoms now and figure out where to go from there. The monash low FODMAP food app was pretty useful to follow this.

...is that a cake?

struggled with a persistent CDIFF infection for 6 months. The BRAT diet helped me alot (Beans, Rice, Apples, Toast)

Mine was caused by tap water of all things. Shit sucks but hopefully you can find your triggers and then it pretty much goes away in most cases.

i was thinking the same thing, it really looks like one...

I'm 90% sure that I can't eat the likes of Mcdonalds, taco bell, kfc without shitting my pants the day after

Yeah, it was for a nurse. Props to the baker who frosted it though.

Redpill: humans are obligate carnivores.

Switch to an all meat + water diet. Eat until full whenever you're hungry.

Simplest, healthiest diet of your life.

good way to get stool type 7 erry 2 hours

Totally bro

I'm starting to think i have IBS but I only got it within the past year or so. For my entire life I never had problems with shitting, I usually had solid and harder ones which i liked because it required no wiping

But I have started to get these nasty shits. They come out like the "Type 4" on this chart and burn when they come out. The biggest problem is that they break off themselves and leave a chunk hanging off my ass, and I literally have to sit there carefully patting, blotting, pressing with TP because otherwise I'd wipe it all over my asshole. Then at the end of all that I literally have to wet and soap up my finger and run my asshole to get it completely clean, It's fucking disgusting.

I also think I have a hemorrhoid or something because I have some asshole irritation

Are these signs of IBS?

Something I started doing when I'm at college is carrying wetwipes in my backpack. Makes for easy cleanups.

>PEE PEE POO POO

Odd, I was just watching Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the Joe Rogan report earlier today explain how seratonin in the gut can cause inflammation and produce the symptoms of IBS.

I used to have it when I sat around jerking off all day and eating shit food. I started eating some greens, exercising with more than just lifting, and avoiding unnecessary stress. FODMAP is for IBD, not IBS.

>I also think I have a hemorrhoid or something because I have some asshole irritation
Duuuuude trust me, if you get a sore lump on your asshole go to the doctor. Don't wait. It's not "just" a hemorrhoid. When that shit eventually pops, and it will, it bleeds like crazy.

the weirdest thing is, it's not a sore lump. It almost feels like, I dunno, a cut or something. But I've had it for months. I think that my shits turning bad is making it stay there and not going away because I have to keep doing all this toilet paper action. No infection though.

I heard wet wipes are good but I dunno, I know they fuck up plumbing terriblhy

Probiotics made my IBS worse. GT's multi green kombucha helps me a bit tho, we're all different

Yes and no. At first you will. But after 2-3 days you'll actually get badly constipated.

>it bleeds like crazy.
I forgot to add the last sentence. Which was: And it bleeds for days after they "milk" the blood clot out.

Get a bidet, it costs like $25 and it attaches to your toilet quite easily. Your ass is irritated from the acid in your shit and the wiping with the toilet paper. I used to have that too. There is nothing at all quite like turning a knob, feeling a cool sensation on your ass (it actually gets semi-numb so if it's burning it soothes it), and then simply blotting with some TP to dry your butt. You'll never be cleaner and no need to get your hands dirty.

Tap water? Jesus. They think mine was caused by a stomach flu I picked up while traveling in Mexico, and that it never fully healed and basically turned into IBS.

My IBS also is constantly causing my HSV1 I caught as a child to flare up on my lips, something about nerve signals out if whack. Sometimes I pass entirely undigested food.
I developed a bit of bulimia for a while there because I was so terrified of the pain of shitting, I'd just eat and then vomit it out before it got to my ass.

>I heard wet wipes are good but I dunno, I know they fuck up plumbing terriblhy
I only use the Flushable wipes when I'm at my house, even then only 1 were shit, rip wipe in half, dry with a little paper. A lot less paper used.

>seratonin in the gut can cause inflammation
What do?

>exercising with more than just lifting,
like what?

Yeah I used the monash app, really convenient when eating out. I used to just whip it out and look up ingredients to decide what to order.

>What do?
> I started eating some greens, exercising with more than just lifting, and avoiding unnecessary stress.

>like what?
Cardio, sports, martial arts, biking, other hobbies, whatever. Being active in general. Lifting is great but you don't want to put all your eggs in the same basket. Exercise is like food: you want variety.

If an athlete that participates in long-distance running events his entire life and trains exclusively for it gets to old age without other forms of exercise, he's gonna have cardio stamina like a mother but he's still going to end up with weak muscles in the supporting muscle groups like the butt and core (difficulty getting up or bending over), still going to end up with decreased muscle and bone mass overall (weakness and bone breaks), and he'll obviously quickly lose that cardio fitness as his muscles fail to support him and he gives it up.

But if he threw in some weight lifting and strengthened his legs he wouldn't have that issue. There are benefits to cardio and various sports. Specializing in any one area will leave you weak in others. Same is true for weight lifting, which doesn't inherently do much for gut and brain health on its own.

I have crohns

Type 2 can hurt sometimes.

I've been constipated and having bowel troubles all my life and I've always assumed it was because I've always been a shitty eater (super picky, don't eat a lot of fruits or vegetables) but I don't know for sure anymore.

Since I was like 10 in order to feel completely empty I take a wad of toilet paper and stick it inside my butthole and massage it around to get shit to come. It's been this really weird secret kind of thing that I've kind of come to be reliant on doing. Plus whenever I do this I force myself to strain very hard, as hard as I can at least one time, or else I won't feel right (I have OCD and this is likely that).

My butthole has a tag of tissue on it now and is probably somewhat stretched, and I definitely have hemorrhoids, if I push as hard as I can about an inch or two comes out my anus.

How bad is my situation? I know how fucked this is and I am uncomfortable with myself and my future because of it. Should I just totally stop all of this? Or will this just make me super constipated all the time?

Often my stool is either somewhat stringy or diarrhea sometimes, or solid sometimes. Often though it is more liquid-ish than solid. And often, after having massaged the inside of my anus, I sometimes shit some kind of spit-like liquid that can be either just dripping liquid or a yellow snot-like thing.

Honestly at this point my hemorrhoids are so prominent I wonder if that has anything to do with my constipation.

Straining is seriously bad for your asshole. Seriously bad, man. If you think hemorrhoids can't get serious, you're mistaken. When you spend a few days calling off work because your asshole is bleeding so badly you can't walk down the street without it coming through your jeans you'll wish you never did that.

Buy a squatting platform for your toilet. This is the lillipad, it's seriously good for getting out that last bit you keep sticking your fingers up your ass to get out. That's also a sign of not getting enough fiber (or your colon is fucked). Fiber from supplements isn't as good because it lacks magnesium.

>yellow snot-like thing
That's the protective lining of your intestines made by your gut bacteria. When that starts coming out you have serious problems. You should definitely see a doctor.

My bowl is always so fucking angry

I have this problem where eating salads will literally make me shit out said salad explosively in about 10 minutes. I loved salads and used to eat them all the time, visited my grandma who served me some funky food that killed my gut and took a year to get back to normal. Now eating healthy foods make my ass explode, eating junk food and I have normal shits. It mainly seems to happen with veggies, but lettuce is the worst offender

I was diagnosed with IBS when I was like, 16. Mostly ate pizza, ramen, cereal, and other shit food in general. I dieted very cleanly and strictly for 3 months and then slowly started working shit food back into my diet, am 23 now and haven't had any real issues since. If I binge on nothing but junk food then I'll basically piss out of my ass the next morning, so I don't do that often. Also no alcohol ever.

Not saying it'll work for you, but it worked for me and I just figured I'd share. When I said "clean" I mean it. Basically only green vegetables, grilled chicken, sometimes lean beef, and sardines.

Lack of enzymes. Start with very small amounts and work your way up. Eat it daily. It takes a week or two before your body can fully metabolize something you don't eat much.

You see the same thing happen when you change your diet spontaneously and drastically such as going keto or vegan, or eating a foreign cuisine while on vacation.

This seems to be typical. It's all about quantity of certain foods that mess you up.

>Basically only green vegetables, grilled chicken, sometimes lean beef, and sardines.
That's so unnecessarily bland. Greens are okay, but you can only dress them up so much. Chicken tastes like literally nothing. Lean beef means tough and chewy. And why sardines? Of all the fish sardines are the second worst tasting.

Spruce it up with some pork tenderloin dishes (pork diablo, stuffed pork, spice/herb roasted), cheaper beef steaks (like chuck, for example, cut thin and salted beforehand to make it easier to chew), try smoked fish like herring or mackerel or even mussels/oysters. There's also a bunch of fun ways to make eggs, like Amish red-beet eggs. I know you guys are afraid of high-fat meals but you can make chicken wings (or poor-man's chicken wings) by mixing some butter and hot sauce and pouring it over roasted and broiled chicken wings/thighs. Raspberries and plums are huge sources of fiber and antioxidants without a lot of calories.

I eat them pretty often already I just deal with my ass exploding every so often. It's properly washed and everything but it'll just randomly go through me in like 10 minutes completely undigested.

Do you eat it with a lot of oil? Sometimes your body just doesn't like that shit they put in cheap salad dressings and it irritates your gut. So your body just passes it through to get rid of it, and the lettuce will come with it.

Also chew better. If it's coming out whole then it's hitting your stomach whole. Which means you're not chewing enough. Chewing may make your face muscles sore but you'll get that nice manly jawline from building up that jaw muscle.

In my 16 year-old head, the blander it was the cleaner it was. I still eat that way and have no problems with it, though. I could eat grilled chicken w/ salt and pepper and broccoli with just a little bit of lemon juice and garlic powder on it for every single meal every day and never get tired of it. Boneless, skinless, sardines in olive oil are amazing, man, you're crazy.

No, I'm a cook. I can walk into your barren desert of a kitchen right now and make you something that would knock your dick off. That bland shit is for peasants. Up your culinary game, user. How do you expect to impress the bitches with your cooking when you're making shit even the most airheaded bimbo can learn to make once she figures out how fire works.

Good tips here.

I know that high fat meals make me really drowzy. I assume it takes too much energy for me to digest fats.

I've eaten it plain and washed several times, I normally shred my lettuce and chew it properly. Raw veggies aren't digested that well normally, but this is coming out literally in 10 minutes. But it only happens like once a week on a salad, after that I can get eat salad fine.

>How do you expect to impress the bitches

I don't, I'm married, and my wife couldn't care less about my cooking skills. We're basic. As long as I can cook chicken and pasta, we're content. If we want something fancy we go out to eat.

Hmm... not sure. I'm keto and I never feel tired after eating unless I eat a huge meal. The digestion of fat is pretty straightforward. Bile emulsifies it and then enzymes act on it where it's pretty much absorbed directly by the small intestines and converted into triglycerides.

Try talking to a specialist about it. It's most likely nothing but there's always a slim chance you have a legitimate issue.

You're a basic bitch.