fxcm.com/insights/what-is-a-forex-broker/
investopedia.com/terms/s/spreadbetting.asp
investopedia.com/terms/f/forex-spread-betting.asp
lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=contracts-for-difference
ig.com/uk/spread-betting/spread-betting-vs-cfds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

actually its too late for you

We're doing forex and indices today user

I made that GBP/USD call in the last thread. I was wrong at the time about that pair having dropped without a fundamental reason. Apparently May was having some political troubles.

I managed to come out profitable, and since that call, that pair has rocketed back up. Not to say I "knew" that was going to happen.

shiit

well up next on the economic news is asia
Im going long on usd/China for a swing up

took 0.4% loss on copper and now am actually going long, but its a gamble

yeah, be careful with the commodities like crude and copper now

you could get some intra-day retracements, but if you're long, you're starting to bet against daily time frame momentum

Lol I wanted to buy ruthenium when it was 45 and OZ. I didnt buy and am getting justed by the 3x increase.

Im using the special strat

Just closed for +3%

it seems that thewy do a fake out once before going the real direction every day

closed china long +5%

yeah I wanted to buy lithium year ago but never did

Putting a short on the USD/MXN at half leverage

waiting for 1%

australia 200 index potential breakout above resistance, will wait for confirmation of it being treated as support before I scale further into my long position

I was looking at that too

Looks like all indices have entered a bear market though.. a long overdue one, Im staying out

also hk50 good for a long with a tight stop loss

lol never mind it dropped as I was about to buy

this index was hit by some earnings results and China's economic data coming out on the downside, globally, indices are also being hit as they follow the US indices downtrend with tax reform uncertainties.

sheet well I bought the hk50, currently at +1% but... Im gonna hold a little bit

What's that from?

dont know got it from some robinfood thread

quite a large position already on, so I'm going to wait for further candle confirmations, but yeah, looking good as of right now

sellers are definitely showing up to keep this market down though, that's for sure

See how volume picks up near resistance (same will happen near support) - bears are trying to smash through those buy limit orders and push prices down.

Closed HK50 +2%

lol Im on a roll I should probably stop for the day

looks like a bearish pendant on my chart but those havent really been accurate in 20 years..

Rip Yen

putting a buy at 113.040 with a stop at 112.988

What exactly is the difference between FX and Futures?

If you know how to trade one can you move to the other?

Can you make the same amount of money using either or is there some difference where one is better as you have more money to throw around?

we're not actually buying futures contracts directly (most of the time) in forex

instead of saying 'buying' I should say 'dealing in futures contracts'

I suppose gold and silver are FX, but futures like copper cobalt other metals are commodities so there is less room for speculation, its 100% TA

you can use your knowledge of fx to hedge on commodities, but thats over my head

Oil is the most popular I think, there is a lot of speculation and volatility

kamisama no memochou

looks desu desu

they are very different. its like comparing apples and tennis.

forex is currency market, like yen and usd. futures are a contract to buy or sell an item (anything) at a given time in the future. you could buy Forex futures if you wanted buy you could also buy wheat futures.

shorting the Eur/Sek for no reason but gambling

I'm not getting it. I thought you could Forex gold, oil, silver but you could also Futures gold, oil, and silver.

look up difference between futures and ETFs and CFDs
forex are exchange traded

no. ForEx is Foreign (currency) Exchange. Like exchanging USD for Yen.

>futures and ETFs and CFDs
>forex are exchange traded

I have no idea what any of this means. Can you please spoon feed me?
Yes but you can Forex with gold, silver, and oil. And I think they added bit coins recently. I'll have to check my email.

forex brokers sometimes offer you ETFs which is futures without having to buy the contract. CFD is same

(I don't think you read the article)

you need to go to a futures contract broker to deal in futures contracts directly

otherwise, what we mostly do is spread-betting (and use of CFDs) investopedia.com/terms/s/spreadbetting.asp

Gold etc might be part of the forex markets, I'm not sure. You can buy futures contracts with anything. Futures contracts are traded a lot, but they're more often used for hedging rather than investing. You probably shouldnt trade futures. Or ForEx for that matter.

Thanks!

(Don't know who this is but have it)

bitcoin futures are CFD

CFD: contract for difference
allows you to bet on the price long or short without having to buy a futures contract. You can simply bet on the price

>3d

This is confusing and it seems like you're all saying different things.

Which one is the best to trade between stocks, FX, and futures if you were somehow good at them?

lol we saying the same thing

You guys think the euro will drop more?

Read in this order

investopedia.com/terms/s/spreadbetting.asp

IF you are spread-betting (which can be done through the use of CFDs), this is not the same as using a futures contract, directly.

When you bet on currency pair/ commodity prices changes, you don't don't have to do it through directly dealing in futures contracts. You can do it through spread-betting.

Are you telling me that spread betting is just gambling?

Although, spread-betting availability depends on where you live. In the US, people mainly use options/futures because I think spread-betting is less/ or totally not allowed there.

It would be better if you read for yourself. it can be just put as "gambling" but that's very simplistic. I'll be frank, I honestly don't think this sort of stuff would suit you. It's not for everyone.

all trading is gambling... with the CFDs you can use much greater leverage

lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=contracts-for-difference

Shorting the Aud/USD

took profit on aud/usd short +2.2% fucking awesome

>honestly don't think this sort of stuff would suit you. It's not for everyone.

How many pips can you earn with your trades?

lol pips are just satoshis for dollars

I don't understand your memes. How many pips did you risk and how many pips did you earn?

nigger you dont earn pips a pip just represents the change in movement

there's not always a set amount

btw, my interpretation was that you were confusing what is actually "spread-betting" when you were saying 'FX'

foreign exchange is the currency market, it's not the same thing as commodities and stocks.

If you want to speculate on forex pair/commodity price movements, the easiest ways are: spread-betting or derivatives (like futures)

Once again I have bought the HK50

we're buying the hk50 today user

does it matter? How much movement in pips can you capture? Damn why is this place filled with autist?
Ok

lollercaust

You can capture infinite pips, as the price of something can go infinitely high

Perfect time to buy the HK50 with a stop loss at 28922

Ok I'll just assume you can't capture many pips. Maybe 5 pips is the best you can do.

>spread-betting (which can be done through the use of CFDs)

Although, there are some differences between spread-betting and CFDs (which are a derivative)
ig.com/uk/spread-betting/spread-betting-vs-cfds

>does it matter? How much movement in pips can you capture? Damn why is this place filled with autist?
because your question makes no sense

lol guess so

There's just a lot for a beginner to take in, which is why I'm linking all this shit. Breaking it all down simply is kinda hard for me to do.

Do you see this? How much of this can you do?

Please note: Rukiaberg Fund started yesterday. current returns: -0.5% lol sorry guys. it was -4% before today though

Just copy my trades, in the long run we will be rich user.

Someone give me a reason to stay on this board please. I can literally make like 20% in a day or two.

There doesn't seem to be anyone around here who I can learn anything from besides jargon. Whenever I say anything or ask about different topics I'm unfamiliar with everyone just assumes I have no idea how to day trade and treat me as if I'll never learn to day trade. Yet the reality is I can yield like 50, 100 even 300 pips in a single day trading FX.

Someone give me a reason to stay around because at this point it seems like there's zero reason to.

we both know you arent leaving

30 minutes until HK50 opens up from break

This short, for roughly 150 pips, during NFP a year ago in August was the last time I came around here. I don't think I'll be coming back around here again.

There doesn't seem to be any day traders around who can do anything besides bit coins. And everyone just seems so toxic here.

interesting, well, hopefully we will see you in roughly 3 hours when all the world indices open

There's no reason for me to stay. It doesn't seem like there are any traders around who can teach me anything and the average poster here just talks down to me and tells me I'll never make it when I already know how to trade very well.

those are shills. Us here on this thread are white people

what more could you, possibly have to learn? you must, play the market day by day

Alright boys lunch hour is over The Hk50 is open again and its going up

and also down

>what more could you, possibly have to learn

I don't know? I'm not an omniscient trading God. I'm trying to improve at my craft. I only know how to trade FX. That's why I was asking about other platforms or whatever it's called.

I don't know anything about stocks or futures. I thought maybe I could learn something here but apparently not. This has not been a fun experience for me.

be honest with me, are you actually not trolling? you actually didnt understand what we were saying? how have you been trading a year and not know about ETFs and CFDs...

pretty sure he's just combining random words

Fuck

lol uh oh, that slow bleed

there mustve been some stock which just got hit with bad news, that came out of nowhere

taking a hit in china too, but i bought this point, hopefully no breakdown...

Because it doesn't matter? It's like asking a race car driver to explain aerodynamics or why a certain tire works better.

Or asking a basket ball player to calculate how much force he needs to make a 3 pointer. Like does it matter?

I have a bunch of post showing my trades in another thread currently up.

if you are saying "I can make 20% in a day" you arent very expiericed.. because I can make 100% in a day, doesnt mean I can everyday. risk management will stop you from losing everything

I'm not even going to argue with you. I'm done explaining myself. I actually meant safely.

I ACTUALLY have a trade posted in the other thread where I took an account from like 5 or 8 dollars to 100 dollars.

Anyway thats great that you can do 100% in a day. Good luck with your trades

lmao thats nothing kid

check out this picture. theres about 20 pages of this. Took 50 cents to $150 day trading litecoin plus. thats 100% multiple times a day. I did this until they said they were shutting down

Anyways, theresonly room for one forex thread, so leave it to the pros ;)

If that falls below that support I have marked, I'll be forced to reduce my position size. Shit happens.

we may have just misinterpreted what you asked, don't take it personally

seems the australian index gets impacted by commodity prices, quite drastically

hk50 is going up now but if it decides to go back down after this bump rukiberg fund is taking a 2% hit fuuuuck how embarrassing

which ones? like industrial metals?

yeah, stuff like copper, nickel, iron

mining industry exports a lot to China

>No appropriate instrument in the list