Can you only get true confident when you have a lot of money...

Can you only get true confident when you have a lot of money? How do you get confident in a very mediocre job with no real chances to change that in the next few years?

Well you can either find your confidence in hard work and success or in not giving a fuck like me, i call myself broke or poor all the time because if some roastie whore only gives you attention because of your job or bank account then what's the point? Just keep in mind if you live in a big city you will most likely never interact with anyone you see on the street

money doesn't make you confident, what makes you confident is doing things you actually enjoy doing. If your job doesn't give you joy and you can't change it at this moment, then find an activity that does. Do not do something only because you think others will believe it is cool, do it because you really want to do it. Then you will stop caring about others opinion, you will be happy, and people who are happy are also confident.

>Just keep in mind if you live in a big city you will most likely never interact with anyone you see on the street
What has this to do with anything?
How do you become confident when you like playing video games?

do you like playing video games because you enjoy playing them, or because you enjoy beating someone in the video game, or performing good at a contest, at a tournament, i.e. because you want to impress others with your skills?

these two are completely different things. One makes you happy, one makes you miserable.

or you like playing the games because this is the only place that you feel you receive attention in your life?

these type of questions need to be answered. Don't waste your time like I did.

>How do you become confident when you like playing video games?
You're looking at it the wrong way. Confidence isn't this big singular feeling that you'll unlock when you have a good job or a specific hobby. It's earned through self-respect. I mean, did you even read that post? If you enjoy playing video games and don't mind what other people think about that, then it shouldn't affect your confidence.
I mostly play games in my free time. I sometimes play stuff like D&D too. On a Monday when people at work ask what I did at the weekend (and I work with very sporty people) I'm honest about it and if anyone wants to call me a nerd or whatever I can laugh it off; I know I am one.

accept death, get good at picking fun things to do before the time

>picking fun things to do
how do i find fun things? all i do is sit in front of the computer and browse Veeky Forums

>all my coworkers talk about things they do with other people (parties, bars, board games, etc.)
>tfw no friends to do these with

Realise that you are a 23 year old male that lives with his parents, has no girlfriend, highest current educati9n is high school and your job is in retail where after 8 years you are still at entry level position.
Pretty soon you stop worrying about things

I see this thread is lacking the word "onion"

If you want to get more confident, eat ONION every day, because it increases testosterone by 300%, which in turn will make you more confident.

300%? What if I eat an onion, wait so the 300% kicks in and eat another one?

what if beating others does make me happy?

Fuck off with your false dichotomy.

Dude he wasn't serious...

I was, nerd.

>How do you become confident when you like playing video games?

I'm going to go against the norm on this site and say not all hobbies are equal and gaming is unlikely to help you here.

Playing games involves staying inside and, at best, interacting with people through a microphone. There is no stepping outside of your comfort zone, there is no practicing real social skills, and your communication is conditioned through games and not regular social life. You learn socialization through your safe space in your room, so when you are out in the "real world" you lack confidence because you are anxious about a type of socialization that you never have access to other than maybe through work. Then, when you face failure or rejection, which confident people do too, instead of repeating the process you go back to your gaming space, which doesn't require any confidence to excel at.

Confidence is partially about self worth, so its not that gaming is bad for it, but that as a hobby its unlikely to develop your confidence. Confidence also goes up when other people find something about you worthy, and unfortunately playing games at home is not something most people see as a very redeeming quality. Also, confidence is different from happiness. Lots of happy people are not confident. Gaming might make you happy, but it isn't making you confident.

I think you need to (1) practice something which involves socialization and (2) keep doing it even when you fail. Eventually one of two things will happen. You will succeed more than you fail, and you will get a confidence boost. Or second, you will fail more than you succeed, and will realize it really doesn't matter and that a few successes can outweigh many irrelevant failures. It's really hard, but if it were easy, you wouldn't be on Veeky Forums asking how to do it.

How do I socialize without friends and no hobby as a gate?

take up a team sport

>or in not giving a fuck like me
this is slowly becoming my default setting. I am broke as shit and couldn't give a shit about bourgeois sentiment. I have my off days when I feel like a complete loser because of my "failure to lauch" but I keep human interaction limited on those days. Because I'm 6'4", Veeky Forums af and reasonably good looking girls like my "weirdness". In the end the "zero fucks given" gives them vagina tingles. I'll be done with them before they start worrying about me being a provider.
>money doesn't make you confident
I read Elon Musk was all heart-broken when Amber Heard dumped him kek

Do you like anything? Have you ever seen someone doing something and thought to yourself that it would be interesting?

The most direct route is probably to volunteer somewhere, but even that requires some interest in something. You have to try things. That's what's hard, it's not obvious what you should or shouldn't do if you have no interests, because you're going to have to try things until you find your place.

You can volunteer at a museum, at a political organization, at a summer camp, at a charity, a zoo, etc.

Play any sports? You could join a team. No? You don't have to play basketball or something people spent years in high school getting good at, you can go to a beginners badminton league or something like that. Or, I play golf, you can be solitary and practice or you can get paired with someone and talk to them, join a local league, etc.

ALL of this stuff is going to be way harder than sitting at home and playing games, which is why its going to be tempting to just pack up and keep gaming when things get tough.

>work my dick off 6 days a week
I just like work, I show up early everyday and work for free for 15-45 minutes before my paid time starts.
>have a lot of money
Nah. I'm lower class if anything
>mediocre job
It can apparently be done by brain dead tweakers hired on by temp agencies so I can agree.
>no chance to change
Implying I don't enjoy my little responsibility and average pay.

I'm confident because I like the way girls look at me when I'm charming and getting their panties wet. My job and social status have nothing to do with it, I'm pretty much a shut in NEET when I'm not at work and even there I don't talk to much, cute girl I always do end up talking to says I'm too quiet.