How does your family see your gains?

Happy Thanksgiving Veeky Forums!

What does your family think about your hobby of picking things up and putting them back down? Are they supportive or a pack of gains goblins?

General family-related story thread.

When I was younger, maybe 15, I had to beg to my parents to buy some supplements like protein whey, creatine, preworkout, etc.

The dumb cunts thought supplements were some kind of poison or roid that would make me look like Ronnie Coleman

>friday last week
>closest gym is a 20 minute bus ride to the nearest city, along with my college
>plan to go to the gym after school
>only eat some oatmeal for breakfast
>forget to bring my gym bag to school
>"ah fuck it i'll just hit the gym tomorrow"
>take the buss home
>feel like i have alot of energy, decide to take the buss to the gym
>hit the gym with a full body workout for 2 hours
>take the buss home, clock is around 17:00
>shit i have to eat 2560 kcal to hit maintence
>start eating my first supper
>eat lots of oatmeal, potato, drink some shakes
>still missing like 1500 kcal
>3 hours later
>start eating again,now my parents wants to join me for supper
>i heat up 800 grams of chicken and 900 grams of potato (total of 1414) from the refrigerator
>take half of each food and put it on a plate
>start eating in a pretty rapid tempo, dont want to get full by going to slow
>dad is just staring at me like he has witnessed a murder, mom isnt bothered by it.
>dad starts screeching autistically about how my stomach is not going to process the nutrients, and that my stomach is going to collapse, that im damaging my body
>starts yelling at me to stop, saying that im disgusting
>"Well i paid for this food, so what i do with it shouldnt be your concern"
>"I guess i'll just go to the other room and not bother you with it"
>"NO user, YOU STAY RIGHT HERE, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO EAT THAT FOOD ANYWHERE IN THIS HOUSE"
>"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT"
>Mom joins in, "user you are obsessed with what you eat and how much you eat, you have to seek some kind of mental treatment, your father is right, tomorrow, you are going to book in a meeting with psychiatrist
>pretty shocked how my parents react.
>discuss with them for ~ 5 minutes, they come at me with some pseudo science shit about overeating, i just try to be polite and say that im pretty confident that it wont harm my health, say that i can go eat in the other room. cont

>suddenly dad stops the discussion
>"No user its ok, you can eat that food, its not our problem if our son is to stupid to listen to his older and wiser parents, go ahead and it it all up"
>start eating again
>"No user, eat more faster, take bigger bites, you are such a smart guy"
>dad and mom leaves after ~5 min, i finish in 20
>they ignore me for 2 days, but i start talking about it with them then, and say how it was my bad for not spreading my meals out
So i made a mistake by not spreading out my meals throughout the day and the evening, but i was pretty stressed out by a uppcomming exam, so i wanted to eat it all in one sitting.
I had no idea that they would react so strongly to some eating (i wasnt eating to much faster than a normal feast).
Leason learned

>putting them back down
Never going to make it

They don't yet. They'll be bretty fuggin' impressed this time next year though lmfao

Your parents aound retarded

Never reveal your power level around normies. It's always best to act as normal as possible in case people go full retarded and your living situation be compromised.

You're parents are retarded.

Most of my family try to make it seem like an unhealthy obsession. Gf constantly whines about me spending too much time working out, but seems to like the results.

>you're

my dad used to compete in local highland games competitions and ran his own gym

hes proud ive started doing something physical rather than sitting on my pc like i did my whole childhood

Bump. If this thread is alive in some hours I'll tell my personal story

>Never reveal your power level around normies.

It's weird how scared people get when they see you doing something unusual.

Then when they try to stop you and you keep doing it, they get angry.

What is this dude eating in OPS pic?

They thought protein and muscle are unnatural.

they don't get the whole bloatmaxxing thing
but they still love me

>parents

When I was fat and loads lost of weight in the first stage it was all:
"You've lost lots of weight user, but you've lost too much. You need to stop"
Now that I'm bulking and putting weight on bulking I get:
"It's not healthy getting muscles and eating proton shakes. You'll injury yourself/get health issues"
Fucking crabs in a bucket.

Where as my co-workers are in the group of:
"You're looking ripped user!" & "What are you doing!? You've got to teach me"

Such a weird thing. You'd figure family would be the same as co-workers.

Too your co-workers you are just guy who used to be fat from work.

They want to protect you, to them that means keeping you the same. Change any change is scary

Always been the black sheep of the family so getting Veeky Forums was the one thing I could do alongside becoming educated.

>uncle came over from out of town last night
>"holy shit user you got big."
>"look honey, look how big he got. "
>"damn you're strong now too."
>"let's take a picture "
>Felt good. Still kind of awkward since he's old school macho lifter
>Feeling good that I'm considered a man now
>20 yo me on the left. Pic related

Sounds like your dad needs to see the therapist desu. If they had come at you with the angle of it being rude to eat like that at the table then fine, but to get that irrational over what someone is eating? Imagine the state of mind you'd have to be in to have a fucking meltdown over somebody eating chicken and potato.

Your dad sounds like a narcissist desu.

>800 grams of chicken

Cute

>literally almost 250 grams of protein

jesus fuck that's a retarded amount to eat

Proton shakes, now with 40% less neutrons!

He only ate half

>Box of Cheerios in the background
God of all cereals.

enjoy the burst of energy

who's the qt in the reflection

My mother first convinced me to goto the gym. I was fat as hell, didn't graduate hs, didn't have a job, basically full on NEET. She paid for my membership for the first two years. She told me after my first year that she was stupid proud, she thought she was going to waste her money.

Everyone else in my family is impressed/proud. The only exception is my cousin that's the size of a refrigerator.

My mom is really supportive of it in general. She'll come by once a month with groceries that I need. Because of her I never have to buy oats or rice, sometimes she gets me chicken breasts cause of sales. She really doesn't want me to be fat again, very grateful for it.

sorry for your parents bro, but we all go through this shit.
>you gain too much weight
>you will regret gaining 75lbs in 2 years, you will see (I was never above 20% bf)
>youre too strong, its not good for you to lift heavy weights
>i can not understand how you can eat so much if you dont want to eat or arent hungry
Theyre just fucking normies bro, they have no fucking clue, its like trying to argue with a blind about what it is like to be able to see and they try to lecture you on it because of stories they have heard.

eh could be bigger but I am happy for you bro, if that is your aunt in the window, dayum.

normies are literally robots man
when someone does something out of the ordinary they actually get scared

can you imagine being so weak minded?

Wow your mom is such a sweetheart user, I hope she is healthy too, she sounds like a wonderful girl.
Getting a little teary eyed here

Generally speaking theyre not against it, my mom always compliments my juicy ass and gives me a slap on the butt often, but not at all sexual (sorry). I am looking much more manly and feel better, my dad probably feels emasculated in a sense, he also doesnt really compliment me ever and he also has no fucking idea about lifting, was probably a huge normie and only ever benched with his friends and was proud of his 155 bench or something. He could never teach me anything about fitness or nutrition so I guess it bothers him that I know all this stuff, he probably always thinks I am doing it wrong, too fast, too quick, that I wont keep doing it and yadda yadda. My mom is much more supportive as I said before.

>

I hate when co workers /other people ask for tips, I always try to give them the best knowledge I have amassed over the last 2 years by watching countless obscure videos, brosing websites and the chon while also training my ass off, but all they want to hear is bullshit fun workouts and that they dont have to pay attention to their diet, just eat more protonxDD.
Fucking normies, they poison the gyms with their idiocy and lazy bullshit attitude

They mire my gains and ask for diet advice. I was always the family fatty and I am by far the most fit now.

Started lifting this year and got to show off my gains to the senpai at thanksgiving. Shit was so cash. Mires left and right

>>dad is just staring at me like he has witnessed a murder, mom isnt bothered by it.

Made me kek for 30 seconds

>Everytime I visit family they always compliment my gains.
>Grandpa comes up to me
>Wow user you’re getting huge and your shoulders are so wide. Keep it up grandson.
My grandpa did 30 years in the army and he was a Ranger.
Grandpa mires are the best.

>mfw this is me right now

Yeah she used to be obese too, but after seeing me lose weight and seeing how fit and healthy a lot of her high school friends were she decided to become fit. She's a zumba instructor now, a pretty popular one too.

>mum is scared I will get fat
>dad is reserved but has noticed back and neck getting bigger
>bro is supportive
It's almost a year since I started and my body has changed alot. I owe all of you guys a thank you. But we are never finished. You polish shoes and put effort in maintaining them because we realise it speaks volumes about our character. The balance is important, not too extreme not too little.

:)

Dad thinks it's awesome. Mom thinks I should just use machines because they're safer.

I don't eat sugar and drink coffee, and my family always ask if i want it when they know i don't almost forcing it.
>"It's light soda, come on have a treat"
>"You do not want coffee after dinner??"(asked me this every day)
>Had dessert almost every day

I think they did it just to fuck with me, but honestly i don't know.

I'm interested to see 1y progress pics

You should encourage your dad to eat right and lift. He's an aging man, and his test is in decline. Working out may be just what he needs.

I don’t have a human family. My family is iron and steel. Barbells and dumbbells don’t mire they bring pain.

Still too paranoid and slightly drunk to post. Got out of skelly zone though, was 5"11 at 70kg, now 80kg.

i understand you guys are too far up your own asses, but remember, its only natural for parents to worry about their kids, no matter how much insight you have on the matter, they dont and seeing your son eat like a beast nonstop because muh gains is enough to make you worry about their health and state of mind. Pair that with confronting the kid about it and watching him autistically keep eating like a madman and you get a father going apeshit.

Family approves of my new lifestyle and that's about it. All I could really ask for.

this brings joy to my heart

Good job user, now take the next step and get your GREs and make her proud.

We’re all ganna make it.

I told my sister I finally made it to the 160's after years of being in the 200's and she told me she didn't want to talk about it.

>jelly of my fat loss

100% begins me, really proud of my gains and weight loss so far and are willing to do whatever to support me. Same with my brothers so we’re pretty lucky.

Mom thinks it's cool but thinks I'm too autistic about my diet. She's always trying to get me to eat shit I don't wanna

My friends always complimented me at first, now im known for it and have the nickname "muscles" for it.
Whenever another person who hasnt met me hears the name and asks me, i just flex a 'cep and they get surprised and laugh.

Is this was making social gains feels like?

Mum is the biggest gains goblin on the planet.

>Cooks super fatty food, fucking massive portion sizes, easily 1400 cal dinners
>"You look good enough already, you've already got a girlfriend, why do you need to change how you look?"
>"I knew a Rugby player once who was lifting 160kg and he looked like a freak"
>"Don't destroy your boy or ruin your back"
>"Why are you doing this to yourself, what's changed?"

Ended up telling her it's time for me to stop fucking around in life and this is what I want to do.

Literally the same reason a ton of chicks refuse to workout. Like they'll just morph into a bodybuilder overnight, shit is infuriating.

i get the honor of doing all the manual labor shit aorund the house most of hte time, but i enjoy it because it feels like im giving back to my parents after all the shit they put up with raising me

Dad
>you dont want to get to big user
>thos big body builder types seem so imbalanced
Drink one shake after wo with 1.5 scoops (4 times a week)
>that whey will give you kidney disease

See, I had a coworker say "oh I've really got to get in shape. It's so untrue how unhealthy I am"
She does eat a lot of shit but she's slim and has great potential. Gave her some basic tips and told her what she need to do and she seemed so keen.
Getting drinks at some point later with her. Feel like I've got potential here lads. Need to turn her into a squating cardio bunny. Feel like I've got good times ahead. Hold me. I don't want to fuck it up.

>squating cardio bunny

I choose to believe user.....

>wanting an instagram faggot
>not making her a swole liftbro

Blur face and background jf you have to.

Fellow begginer skelly, and wanna see what I have to look foward to in several months time

Lol

"Dont hurt yourself user, youre going to hurt yourself, please mind your health and dont do too much"

They basically feeded me to whalemode as a child

Pic related

Bro, who needs that much chicken?

>that pic
Goal body

kidney stone inc

Are those jeans from the 80's? where did you find them?

Youre overdoing it
It isnt healthy anmore
You have to eat the same shit we do
Bruh

My family didn't say anything when I was obsessed with fitness and practically religious about it. If anything, it was that I don't need to act like I'm in the military because I'm a "civilian", they encouraged me to break my routine, eat out once in a while, skip my workouts and go on a trip, sleep in, etc. Which was very frustrating.

And then I turned 25, my life was going nowhere, no job, no friends, no girlfriend, nothing.

So, I gave up on life completely and turned to junk food. Gained 100 pounds. Then they start giving me shit and being passive aggressive and how I ruined my body and things like that.

Now I'm losing weight, 40 pounds so far, and they're more supportive, so I guess it balances out. I wish their current selves would go back in time and not give me so much grief about my obsession with physical health, but I guess there's no point in sitting here and stewing in bitterness.

I had kidney failure in the past and I wasnt allowed to eat protein rich foods for about a year. But of course protein is not the cause.

> consuming any protein = kidney failure

I'm just happy for you, I hope you'll keep up the good work

Literally gained 10 kilos of muscle between my last 2 visits and my mother said she didn't even notice.
It hurts.

>have a hard year
>gain weight stress eating
>start going to gym to lift again to get my life back in order
>my parents watch too many benching fails
>tell me not to lift cos of that
>also cos "you'll get too big and that isn't very attractive"
They think I run on treadmills all day whenever I go to the gym and I don't let them think otherwise cos I don't want to worry them

My older sister got me into it to begin with though and sometimes we go at the same time so she can check my form

Why does my mother not love me Veeky Forums?

Oh this so much. Many normy people will consider you retard, pleb and whatnot, if they get to know you are lifting. I work in an academic environment with a social touch and lotsawimminz and dyel men. It's fine to do sports or yoga - but lifting aka going to the gym is not sports and they inevitably will look down on you.

Every time I see me mum she squeezes my biceps or shoulders. She never used to do that when I was a skelly. The other day she was commenting on my ass looking joocy now as well. Not sure how to feel about it.

Have you asked your big sis to check your mating press form yet user?

No, you didn't make any mistakes retard. There is nothing wrong with even eating all of your calories in just one meal every day, it's called fasting.

No, it is you who is too far up your own ass. Your parents actually are abnormal and mentally retarded to have a reaction like that, and so are you for forgiving them.

feel you
my parents freaked out when i started cooking and eating two ribeye steaks per night.

Bump

>stomach is not going to process the nutrients
Jesus fucking christ

They are supportive and are happy to hear about my PRs, but they're also concerned about me taking a trip to snap city.
General ignorance about supps and diet too.

Now this is why you need a secret barbell with or around you at all times.
When this happens I bust out my secret barbell with lmao4pl8 on it and start repping it for deads while yelling LIGHTWEIGHT BABY
Never fails.

They were right tho.
Being fit is fantastic, but if you base your entire being around lifting (unless you're a pro) it's not great for mental health or social gainz.

Dont cut yourself with that edge

cherish your senpai, and relationships brahs
>away for college
>back home gf left me 2 months ago
>no senpai, no friends since they graduated
>sitting alone in the dorms
>skipped leg day today
At least my upper body is looking better, 20 more lbs to cut

Not sure, but seems like rice and shredded-up chickpeas

Awww