Daily reminder that lat pulldowns are a scam and dont do anything for your gains

daily reminder that lat pulldowns are a scam and dont do anything for your gains

Lat pulldowns took me from 0 pullups to being able to do a set of 5

For progressing someone into weighted pullups, or for some secondary training of the lats, they are definitely effective

better then scoobies negativ pullup training regime?

Explain my awesome lat gains then

eddie hall does lat pulldowns though

It's easier to linearly progress and track that progression with pull downs plus my back is growing just the same sooo, it's all about form of you have to heave the weight down with your whole body to get the weight moving you're wasting time and not making lay gains obv, just tone down the weight and pull through those shoulder blades

It's better than nothing, but it didn't work for me to develop the strength to do actual pull-ups. Jumping pull-ups were more effective.

i do both
weighted pull ups with a plate attached
and seated prone pulldowns at 190 for reps.
why choose one or the other when both have benefits?

Are they any good if you load the shit out of them? I won't be able to do weighted chins until next year and I'm thinking.

That shit Burns so bad but i don't like wide yet.

yes

rows and pullups have significantly better lat activation

i actually read some nip study on this yesterday

Holy shit that pic is me and I always use the lat pulldown machine lmao

Form is everything in lat pulldown, you're probably doing it wrong Op.

>tfw on the lat pulldown machine as im reading this

Most dudes using the lat pulldown machine load it as much as they can and use their entire body to pull the weight down. I think I’ve seen about 4 people max actually use a reasonable weight and actually slowly activate their lats when they’re coming down.

lat pull downs hurt my shoulder so I don't do them

fuck yes. sorry buddy i started lat pulldowns at 80lbs and do pullups +30lbs for sets of 8-10 now

I go to the gym and only use the lat pulldown 50% of the time and the other 50% I use the chest press machine and that's it

i hate lat pulldowns, I do them and i can't feel shit on my back, only get my biceps tired, i know its probably bad form but i can't figure out what im doing wrong, people tell me im doing them right

Push/pull is an actual lifting routine man, lat pulldown is your pull and chest press is your push and you'll make good gains

They're ok if you're a beginner and you can't do lots of pullups and need to build strength.

I can do 15 pullups in a row with slow good form and I still use the lat pulldown because I can go heavier and less reps

Please give alternate exercises to do senpai

I prefer using ankle weights or doing the thing where you pull your entire upper body past the bar.

negative pull ups, pull ups, barbell rows and dumbbell rows are good for back.

How low do you go with them? It counts as a rep as long as it goes past your chin, right?

Tfw too fat to pull up so I do lat pull downs between deadlifting to ease up the back

I get tired after lat pulldowns to exhaustion but never feel it in the actual muscle like there are no doms just cns exhaustion.
What is the 'correct' form to actually form that mind muscle connection? Can never seem to get the angle right

I guess that explains Yates' tiny weak back in the 90s then

Also pullups will engage the core if you do them with good form.

How exactly is it possible to do pullups without involving the core?

try to use your hands just as hooks, and pull through your ring finger

you need to feel it burning in your lats. lower the weights until you can

#1 thing that helped me was go all the way down, then come half way up and pull down again. really helped me feel my lats

Daily reminder that your mom is a skank and will do anything for my dick lol

i'd think negatives are infinitely better for building pullup ability

This is consistent with my experience. No machine ever did shit for my pull-up ability.

seriously, when done right you can really feel lat activation and contraction. I just see tons of people heaving with no ROM or anything.

I like high rep close grip ones, burns the fuck out of my forearms

>starter packs

LITERALLY FUCKING REDDIT

And he looks like an obese pile of shit you deluded gymcel.

>lat pulldowns
>doesn't actually move the position of your lats
wtf?

Don't let them troll you - negative pullups are 100% the best way to increase your pullups. Lat pulldown machine doesn't even come close, it is a fucking meme exercise.

Neutral grip lat pulldowns are GOAT