Veeky Forums approved tradie jobs?

Veeky Forums approved tradie jobs?

Current in a $100k/year+ trade but need to switch. Work 13 hours a day and am fucking beat every day after work. Need an easy tradie job where I don't spend all my energy at work so I can come home, go to the gym get FUCKIN YOKED, and then play video games all night

What job OP?

harbor tug boats

U mean to tell me u got a tug job?
XD

>Fisherman

Still on deck? I recently did my engineers ticket and shit is easy af.

> read log book
> check oil, water, fuel levels
> start engines and generators
> record engine figures
> sit around and Fuck around on my phone

That's pretty funny senpai

Elaborate? I've been working summers in the forestry industry, but a lot of my friends work on boats and shit. What's an engineers ticket?

anyone done/doing an operator engineer apprenticeship? I'm a forklift operator right now and I'm good at it but the pay isn't great and it's non-union.
I've also thought of going for an electrician apprenticeship but that 5 years is an intimidating commitment when I'm already 25

plumbing or electrical in NYC is cash, also where are the fuckers working?
>no hi-viz tshirts
>shorts
>meme hats
>aviators
>buckethat
wtf are they on the short bus of trade jobs

Maintenance?

Anyone here a power line technician?

wtf is with all these sneki trade jobs making 100k/yr

How do you get a job in those fields in the city? I've been trying, but I don't know what to do.

OP works 13 hours a day. I had an old family friend offer me 100k/yr doing 12 hour days, 7 days a week. I said fuck that shit.

like the other dude said

the thing is they don't tell you that they work all day everyday including weekends

Why not just alter your lifestyle to accommodate your job and grind it out for a couple years and save up some money so you can go neet mode while looking for a new ez career?

Assuming you don't have a mortgage, wife and children

most tradesmen i know work so damn much to AVOID their wives and kids

lel
have a (you) user

lol what?

grind it out a couple years .. so you can go neet mode?

new ez mode career?

unironically, how old are you?

Commercial vessels require crew with certain endorsements. Ausfag, so I've got a marine engine drivers grade 2 endorsement, allows me to be chief engineer on vessels up to 750kw. I pretty much make sure the vessel can run and do basic maintenance. If there's any real work to do on the engines I call in am actual mechanic or electrician.

Because I already work with entrepreneurs building an asset to hopefully retire in

don't do it

I used to work 12 hour shifts in the labs and I hated the job, the constant random shifts and never having chance to have a life

the result was I just ended up drunk every second I wasn't in work with money piling up on my account
I took a pay cut for 9 to 5 admin and my life is so much better

>tfw me and 3 buddies started a construction company
>you can straight up charge idiots whatever the fuck you want
>been making $60 an hour for simple repairs for 6 years now

collegel is a scam and your liberal highschool teachers lied

Its not worth it senpai. Never do a job with bullshit hours and high demands unless you like the idea of being a servile cuck with absolutely no life

Im 19, instead of going to college I decided to work my ass off doing 10 hour shifts unloading carpets in a warehouse, im trying to get into the trades because the pay doing this is pretty shit and I'd like to get a good sum of money that I can actually use to make my life easier by being able to afford post secondary schooling or maybe venture into different career paths that don't involve being a drone without worrying about rent

I'm literally living that life right now and I want off this ride, the only shortcut I can see is going hard as fuck for 5 or more years.

reads super easy on paper.

in reality, what you've just described is incredibly difficult.

i hope somebody didn't tell you that idea would be easy to implement.

i hope you've got some initiative, although t b h gathering from the fact you've resigned yourself to carpet hauling at 19 means you probably don't, because otherwise you'll still be doin that shit at 30 talkin bout "yeah anytime now I'm going to get my life together".

there are no easy jobs, all jobs are shit, and the really well paying jobs require atleast a decade of investment.

Yeah, you and every other tradie.

Name 1 tradie whose endgame isn't "open mi own company mate ye mate going 2 be heaps good ay .."

Get a computer science degree I make $200k doing 6 hour days

There are certain requirements in order to legally sell a house.

"tradies" as you call them fail because they're unmarketable lazy alcoholics, not because the work isn't there

I have seriously charged 20k to do a driveway that took 6 hours

>lying on the internet

who would do this

if you want to be a successful contractor dont hire minorities

nobody wants blacks or browns in their house

"Tradies" mostly fail because they're usually high school only educated, no business training, and the fact the market is saturated with them.

There is no shortage of 20-something kids who didn't get into Uni trying to open their own business after a couple years working as a tradie.

There is no shortage of 20-something tradies who work 12 hours a day 7 days a week and brag about their income without realising they're essentially capped by the amount of hours they need to sleep per day.

Cool, you charged 20k and how much did you actually take in as profit.

Lol I’m not. Work at Amazon hq in Seattle. Sorry you’re jelly. Also buy crypto currency asap if you want to be rich next year.

lmao
18k, split between my buds and me, it was literally just gravel

also there is an extreme shortage and no amount of schooling or training will make you competent, you either are or you aren't, thats why the business is still the 4 of us and will continue to be

You know I know you're lying or withholding information right? It costs a couple to few thousand to get a new driveway built from scratch.

How much does that pay? Aus here as well, sounds like a decent gig

im definitely withholding information but nothing that would mislead you

you can price people however you want to price them, what country do you live in? in kentucky theres nearly no laws on construction but quite a few laws on how you can sell a house

not the highest dollar job weve ever done but the highest margin job weve ever done, their damn fault for saying yes

Australia, our dollar is underpowered to yours and even I can get a stencilled concrete driveway built on a slope for a few thousand dollars.

So either the USA market is totally fucked and for some reason concrete is as valuable as gold, or you're building a 100m driveway, or ya know .. something ain't right.

This, I would work 7 days/week if I could just to be out of the house, but that would cause more problems in my already shit show household.

Google says the average is $28 an hour.

No, driveways are as cheap as you think they are to make. Doesn't mean people make good choices with their money. Australia probably regulates how you guys do stuff. In Kentucky you have no rules at all on how you do stuff.

I worked for a waterproofing company that would charge $400 per foot of drywall replaced. I think you and I both know how hilariously fucked up that it. But hey, you can't sell a shitty house in Kentucky and the insurance pays for it.

I hear Australia is terrible to make good profit margins in.

This thread is for Veeky Forums approved trades. I don't doubt your salary, but I know for a fact that working for Amazon in Seattle is beyond shit tier.

the only good thing about tradies is the fact that its summer and summer brings out all the hot boys

How do u know this for a fact

Deckhands make $28 an hour. Permanent full time engineer at my work place is on 119k aud per year.

Trades are a meme.

You earn a lot sure...I was doing air conditioning in Australia and was bringing home 150k just working by myself as a subcontractor.

But I was

>working 6 days minimum
>early morning till late night,
>constantly tired
>no time to think about anything besides the job you’re on at the time or sleep
>no time to lift (let alone energy)
>gotta deal with impatient clients on the job who waited last minute to get aircon installed or fixed
>gotta deal with clients who think they’re being charged too much
>gotta deal with clients who have no idea about how air conditioning works, having to explain to them why the system can’t be placed exactly where they want it
>gotta deal with white collars at the offices who have no idea about how air conditioning works selling crazy stupid plans that can’t even be done to clients

I dropped out of highschool to do that, just quit now after turning 30.

Single, no kids, own my own place, 7 digits in savings. CBF working anymore.

My old man did the same thing except he got married and had kids and my mum spent all his money lolol.

>trades are a meme
>im a highschool dropout millionaire at age 30

Are you listening to yourself?

do I need qualifications to do that?

I'd bet money on them being kiwi/aussie

Yeah, need plumbing/electrical certifications, plumbing as in copper pipes (aircon), not shit pipes.

>he needs certifications to fix shit

Lol im so glad i live in the free world where you can just tell somebody you know your shit and theyre supposed to believe you because you arent black

It’s for safety reasons you retarded cunt. They did it because of retards like you who would do jobs without knowing what’s going on and end up burning cunts homes downs.

Lol. I used to work on a ferry and our engineer literally just did exactly what you just laid out.
He had his own little engineer's tool closet and he would usually just sleep in there or go on his phone then "check the engine room" every hour or so

I was a deck hand at 11/hour. Although it was entry level and my only real roles were securing lines and knowing emergency procedures

damn sounds like youre comfy right now

what are you gonna do?

what cryptos? I'm currently 50/25/25 btc/eth/ltc

dont fall for the crypto jew. you are buying into a bubble.

Im gonna make easy money and you cant stop me youre all the way on a prison colony

>Software Dev or Secruity Master race
>45k-300k PA salary
>8-12 hours work per day of sitting on your ass
>includes shooting the shit and shit posting

Only down side is sitting makes your hips tight

I'm an ausfag, $25/h is the absolute minimum a deckie gets here. Deckies on any boat thats unionised make even better coin. Unionised full time deckies get at least 80k per year here. I was on 90k as a deckie before moving up to engineer.