I'm confused about IUDs and contraception

I'm confused about IUDs and contraception

My girlfriend will be using one of them in the near future, but the 99% pregnancy prevention rate confuses and worries me

I'd be fairly confident in saying I'm in the norm where me and my girlfriend have sex a few times or more a week, so that means assuming a 99% prevention rate, within about 34 weeks (100 nights of sex/3) my girlfriend is guaranteed to get pregnant once

So are these devices just bullshit? Or are people just getting abortions a lot?

Sexual health is health and fitness related

If they bullshit then your mom lied to me

If you’re unable to see why a company worth millions would choose to claim a 99% success rate vs 100% maybe you shouldn’t have sex

we got a real statistic brain genoius here

Enjoy her having screwed up hormones and potential irreversable fertility issues. If you have children, I hope to God that they don't have any defects.

The 99% rate refers to the 1% of the time the dick goes in your own ass and impregnates you.

my gf has skyla IUD, its amazing
same as getting tubes tied just mix it with pulling out an youre good

>>>/church/

>2017
>not going to church

They suck if you have any kind of cock...you can feel that shit..it you have a tiny wang you'll be ok.

Every single contraceptive technique has no more than a 99% success rate.

Condoms.
The Pill.
Shot.
Nuva ring. Etc.

The real issue is actually how horrifically uncomfortable, painful, and problem prone they can be.

My wife tried one (non-hormonal) and it hurt her horribly for two weeks until we had it removed.

She was on the pill for about 9 months, but that stuff really fucks with your hormones.

So we're back to condoms. She feels like a woman again instead of a pregnant sow, and I get more oral and anal.

Male birth control when.

Isn't there something in the Bible about not using the internet? Go back to the bronze age with that bullshit

Just withdraw every time on top of the IUD and you will be good. Sorry but nothing besides abstinence is 100% effective, and even then in rare cases a bitch could sperm jack your bate jizz and shove it up her cooter.

Vasectomy. Do you do anal without a condom though?

Are you saying you fuck your wife with a condom? Bruh what the fuck even my fuck buddy and I dont use condoms

>so that means assuming a 99% prevention rate, within about 34 weeks (100 nights of sex/3) my girlfriend is guaranteed to get pregnant once

This doesn't seem right

Ehhh fuck condoms, might as well be fucking a boxing glove .. the pill is the best...raw and wriggling is the only way to go

She doesn't use any contraception with Tyrone

so whats going on is that the IUD is touching the walls of the endometrium. This sends signals to the brain to release neutrophils to to the uterus in attempt to get rid of the foreign object. But the IUD is inert to the neutrophils so they can't sense anything wrong is there. Eventually the neutrophils die and release its enzymes into uterus. If sperm reaches the uterus, enzymes will digest them so sperm can't enter the fallopian tubes. If somehow a sperm cell does reach the fallopian tubes and fertilizes an egg, that egg will move down into the uterus and the enzymes will digest that. Very effective and dont really know how this could fail.

i meant the walls of the uterus. Endometrium lining is the inner most lining of the uterus

>the 99% pregnancy prevention rate confuses and worries me
It's 99% per year. So if you took a hundred women, and gave them all one of those devices, and they had sex for a year, one of them would get pregnant, on average. Condoms are something like 84% for reference.

Each time you cum in her you have a 99%+ chance of it not getting her pregnant.

A significant amount of that 1% chance is failure to install the device properly, it not working as intended, etc etc.

I was dating this girl for 4 months, 1 month in she got an IUD. I fucked her 2-3 times a day, every.fucking.day. And you bet your ass I came in her every goddamn time. Low end of my estimations is I came in her about 150 times. No pregnancy scare ever. Just an anecdote for you.

>Imagine meeting ex in public
>sweating_man.jpg
>remember I took her virginity, anal virginity and came in her over 150 times
>laughing_whores.jpg

It's 99% effective IN THE FIRST YEAR OF USING THE CONTRACEPTIVE, NOT PER SEX.

Also, statistics =/= probability necessarily.

Also, the 99% effectiveness of IUDs are for perfect circumstances. It doesn't include the pretty common chance that they can randomly expel, especially on women who have never had a baby before.

Not really, maybe you're confusing it with Quran, either way you're a brainlet.

More on the second note

If you have been using the contraceptive that is 99% effective "in the first year" for 20 years, then statistics would predict that 20*0.99 = 19.8% effective. But sex doesn't work that way. When you cum in a girl she will either become pregnant or not, there is no statistical trend that it will collapse to. That's why it's specifically for "in the first year" of use. Just remember to take your fucking pill, or check your fucking IUD especially in the first few months of you getting it, and don't have sex with pro-lifers.

>Religious individual calling someone else a brainlet

Why did you break up?

IUDs use copper to disable sperm and are totally hormone free you fucking yard

go for it OP; my ex had one and I must have nutted in her over 2000 times with it
its gucci

I don't know anyone who goes to church who isn't my nan

Psalm 101:3-4 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes.

Off with you then, your Sky wizard has spoken.... If you post again it means you hate Jesus and are going straight to hell...

Lel

t. brainlet

I'm pretty conservative and she's pretty liberal. That means her liberal family, liberal/feminist friends would talk shit about me whenever I wasn't with her. "why are you doing this for him", "why are you listening to him instead of your friends" etc etc No matter how good of a man I was being I could not get her to respect me with absolution. Had I been a stronger man I would have achieved her ultimate respect or dumped her the moment I knew it was impossible. To be fair to myself if the girl was from a bit more conservative family she would have respected my resolve, resourcefulness and personal strength exponentially more. Though as it stood my the things I take great personal pride in like masculinity, dominance, situational awareness, and what little amount of wisdom I have had less of an impact on her than I thought it should. So with this incongruence our relationship eventually dissolved due to some disrespectful shit she pulled for the umpeenth time and I ran out of patience. We talked about her being my designated driver one Friday night, she agreed, then ignored my calls for an hour and a half while she was with her friends (i later confirmed she was not a cheating whore and was actually with her friends), and my patience simply met its end.

Several days later after the breakup she wanted to meet with me for closure, i consoled her, told her her brain would be back to normal in a month and how to rationalize all this and come out of it okay. Because that's how much of a fucking G I am.

Just haver get a nexplanon or whatever, IUDs can be a shitshow.

Sounds like the rod up your but has a rod up it's but. I'm sure she found a handsome brown stallion to fulfill her needs.

>came in her 150+ times before anyone else
>think I give a fuck about her future sexual partners

You're right, and I wouldn't be surprised.

There is no god.

>omfg leddit

>t.

The copper IUD is the shit. My current GF has one and it's the best thing ever. It's also more effective than condoms. I had girls in the past using pills, implant, and injection. Those fucking suck because they're hormonal, and made them way less horny and far less sane.

There's no better feeling than cumming balls deep. Have fun, OP.

Jeez just get girls pregnant as much as you can jeez just jeez,,!

>tfw gf on the pill, insists her libido hasn't changed at all but i feel otherwise
>wanted the copper IUD at first because of its effectiveness
>actually talked her into getting the pill "for now" because didn't know if her weird insurance covered the IUD and probable IUD expulsion etc
>whenever i mention the IUD now she is completely disinterested
>"uncomfortable" with having a foreign object be a part of her
>wtf
>she has perfect teeth so she never got to experience how normal and unnoticeable things like braces become after like the first week of getting them put on

>Yes you can feel it but no, it doesn't suck

>not using condoms, pill, and IUD for 397% success rate
I pity the fool

Thread is TLDR so.

99% effective means that for every 100 women using the IUD for one year, only one will fall pregnant.
If she has a mirena coil (the hormonal IUD/IUS) it’s more effective than getting sterilised.

>he doesn't get basic probability
It doesn't stack you retard. Each time you nut, there is a 1/100 chance it comes through. And each time, the probability is 1/100; it does not become 1/99, 1/98 etc.
t.mathman

IUDs are shit, they cause constant cramping, bleeding and literally work by irritating the shit out of her uterus lining so eggs can’t implant. Not to mention periods so heavy she’ll get anemic. She probably won’t want to have sex because she’ll bleed between periods too and have cramps after sex. Just no.

>Sorry but nothing besides abstinence is 100% effective
Tell that to jebus

Do the studies say how often they had sex?

You have 100% chance to not get her pregnant if you just pull out. No semen in precum. All these statistics are based on you cumming inside.

This is the answer anons

Also because humans error exists and people forget to check if it's in place on a periodic basis.

It's not 99% effective per use, it's effective for 99% of users. Those two things don't mean the same thing.

>my buddy and I don't use condoms

Men can't get pregnant user

There's other IUD types, not all are copper based you fucking "yard". Some do use hormones

OP, listen to these guys.

Especially those nice trips dont lie for sure

>Check if an IUD is in place
How the fuck would you do that?

the IUD is inside the uterus retard
the only thing you could MAYBE feel are the strings

Haven’t read them, just repeated the info they give you at the clinic. Google scholar or something might be your friend

The lady puts her fingers in her vagina to check that she can feel the strings. She should also have a check up with her clinician a month or so after the IUD is put in.

OP, medfag here. Let me help you a bit since I had a discussion about birth control days ago.

There is something called Pearl index, which is the best stuff to see which method is the best. Basically you have 100 women using the same method (for example, IUD) and fucking for 1 whole year, then you see how many got pregnant.

Condoms have an index of 2, which is good but could be better. IUD have an index of 0,6 which is pretty good. There is something called medicated IUD with an index of 0,05.

No need to freak out. Every method is good but in hands of a retard you will get shiton of babies.

eg condom birth rate is probably due to misuse or breakage without emergency contraception than it is from sperm migrating across the condom...

holy fucking shit this is the funniest fucking thing ive ever read on this site, you are truly a pathetic person

fyi: any guy that has to refer to his own masculinity and "dominance" has neither

This. Just use a condom and pull out before you cum.

Also, don't go for second rounds without first taking a shower and taking a piss or two.

IUD's are no guarantee, just like birth control
It's possible to get pregnant while using either

Warning: IUDs cut your dick no joke it hurts

This, IUDs/contraception = epigeneticsminning

No matter which birth control method is used, there is always a chance of pregnancy because on every day of a woman's cycle (the time between her previous period and her current one) there is a 1% chance that an egg will ovulate (be released from the ovaries and be much easier for sperm to attach to it). This 1% chance doesn't mean that her egg will ovulate and it doesn't mean sperm will be anywhere near it.

Naturally, every woman's body should ovulate an egg once a month. What most people don't understand is this is NOT during the time of her period. In fact, it ends about 10-12 days before the start of her next period, lasts for 5 days and on the last day she is the most fertile. This means that during these 5 days she is the most fertile throughout her cycle and is likely to conceive a child during this time if she has sex without birth control of any form. So during these days she has anywhere from 15% - 35% chance of getting pregnant. Taking a look around your town, it should be obvious that the percentage I listed is MORE than enough to get pregnant.

>I'd be fairly confident in saying I'm in the norm where me and my girlfriend have sex a few times or more a week, so that means assuming a 99% prevention rate, within about 34 weeks (100 nights of sex/3) my girlfriend is guaranteed to get pregnant once
Your girlfriend isn't guaranteed to get pregnant once during that time, but she is guaranteed to have a high chance to conceive. CHANCE does not it will occur. Her body has to be able to conceive, an egg has to be ready, your sperm has to be NEAR her vagina. (Yes, near. Some morons think if they pull out then it doesn't matter, but this is NOT TRUE.)

The devices aren't bullshit, but they have other consequences which make them unfavorable. As a chick, I would never in my life get an IUD. There are so many reported complications, that it's just atrocious people would even consider the method. I hope your girlfriend's body takes to it.

What protection do you use

>so that means assuming a 99% prevention rate, within about 34 weeks (100 nights of sex/3) my girlfriend is guaranteed to get pregnant once
Kekekekek

I don't think you know what wicked means

Yuh tell m how it be cletus

It's 99% for 5 years of use my friend. Which is just as good as, if not better than any other method of contraception (yes, even sterilisation is not 100% failureproof)

>Muh semantics.
>Muh context

Every Bible thumping retard ever.

my girl has an IUD and it pokes my 8'' dong sometimes while we're going at it. feels bad man.

It's only really good if you have a tiny penis. ...if your gf/wife has an IUD and you've never felt it... it's not a good size and you should feel bad about it

>As a chick, I would never in my life get an IUD
you don't ever need one you XY mentally ill failed male

The 1% failure rate comes from retards being retarded.
Same with the 4% failure rate of condoms. It's because there's a lot of idiots out there, and they fuck things up for the rest of us.

Real quick, what's the pregnancy prevention rate for condoms? Oral contraceptives? You're this fucking stupid AND it isn't fit related WOW.

Soylent did this.

I dated a girl who had this, We'd fuck raw multiple times a day and when I'd cum she'd hold me in and grind her hips up against mine until my balls were empty. I couldnt pump more cum into her unless I was a turkey baster, i think they're effective but they'll give your girl cramps like no other

An iud is way more effective than 99%

Its essentially 100% dont worry about it.

I wanted to try this and my doctor told me it was a bad idea because I already have heavy periods and there was a possibility of me spotting for MONTHS in addition to the heavy periods. Can't fuck if you're always bleeding.

I was on the pill at first but I noticed it contributing to me getting crazier and fatter, took a break and now I'm on the nuva ring, I like it a lot better but only thing is it's a little awkward to go "oh hang on" and pull something that looks like a glowstick bracelet out of my snatch in front of guys I haven't slept with before.

Um no I've heard it can be a kind of common problem for the end to poke out of the cervix.

>having strangers regularly dump hot unprotected loads into your burning snatch on the regular
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Uh, I pull the nuva ring out awkwardly in front of them I still make them wear condoms...

I use birth control pills. It took 3 different kinds before I found tablets which worked for me.

>you don't ever need one you XY mentally ill failed male
I'm an XX female and transphobic, brainlet.

post feminine benis

They have copper in them. Sperm can pass by but the copper fucks them up. Better hope she doesn't get prego because that kid will be fucked up.

How? How are you on nuvaring? I've read way too many horror stories about the body rejecting inserted birth control. How did you have the balls to even use it?

Because the pill was making me a monster/I was forgetting to take it. If I was going to get an iud I would have wanted the copper one but once my doc told me that was a bad idea I looked for other "low maintenance" options. I didn't want to get the shots I HATE shots and the patch makes me wary for some reason so this is by far the easiest option for me. I can pop it in and forget about it for a few weeks. The hormones in all the different methods effect everyone differently.

>I'm too retarded to understand nuance

Brainlet

Why would you pull out with a 99 percent effective tool? You post on Veeky Forums, don't like like you don't take chances, ever.

The gal I'm seeing uses a non-hormonal IUD. Seems to work great! No pregnancies and her sex drive is practically as high as mine

>mfw she says," Oh baby cum inside me"

>I would have wanted the copper one but once my doc told me that was a bad idea
why is that? my girl has the copper iud

Wait.
Did you only try one pill before considering other options?