What is /fast/?

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS NOT ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

HOW TO START SNAKE DIET FATTY
youtube.com/watch?t=12s&v=2vz_U8kxDlg

Other urls found in this thread:

theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/what-you-should-know-before-going-on-a-fast/article8461083/
youtube.com/watch?v=YcN2yuwZqUU
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16928474
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170216103923.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8896990
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20974050
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16815497
derangedphysiology.com/main/required-reading/endocrinology-metabolism-and-nutrition/Chapter 3.1.8/physiological-adaptation-prolonged-starvation
amazon.co.uk/MyProtein-Electrolytes-Plus-Tablets-Pack/dp/B00L7WXKWU/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1507073144&sr=8-1&keywords=sodium potassium supplement
youtube.com/watch?v=V7O1pgrmGVQ
who.int/pmnch/media/news/2012/2012_world_breastfeeding_week/en/index1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xwal5erZovE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NEVER FORGET
There's one problem with the rationale behind fasting diets, according to David Lau, an obesity researcher, professor and chair of the diabetes and endocrine research group at the University of Calgary. When glycogen stores in the liver are depleted, the body doesn't burn fat: It breaks down protein. Lau said starvation will only burn fat as fuel after about a week of starvation.

"Muscle protein breakdown occurs in the first 24 hours of starvation," he said. "Muscle protein breakdown [is] not healthy."

His concern is that many people are fasting without realizing they may be losing crucial muscle mass. The danger is that as protein in the body breaks down, it could lead to other unwanted side effects, such as altered immunity. In order to fight infections, the body needs to produce antibodies, a type of protein. But when the body is breaking down protein for fuel, it may not send the right signal to make antibodies, Lau said.
theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/what-you-should-know-before-going-on-a-fast/article8461083/

>omad for five days
>Lose 2.5kg
>Bench press has gone down 15kg already
Happy and sad

>Bench press has gone down

IT IS A PLACEBO EFFECT OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE NO ONE EVER LOOSES GAINS IN /FAST/

Nobody has ever claimed this.

Your lifts will go significantly with any form of fasting. No one would ever suggest otherwise.

Holy fuck you're a retard.

Tbh senpai I'm not concerned. I'd rather lose weight and start gaining again from a healthy weight

>5'6"

Holy shit you guys take advice from a turbo manlet?

>HOW TO FAT FAST AND NOT BE A SCRUB
PLANT BASED KETOGENIC DIET FOR HEALTH, ANIMAL KETOGENIC DIET BASED FOR BETTER MUSCLE PRESERVATION
Day 1 700 CALORIES PLANT BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE SPREAD OUT THROUGH OUT THE DAY NEVER GO OVER 12 HOURS OF NOT EATING HIGH SODIUM
Day 2 800 CALORIES PLANT BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE SPREAD OUT THROUGH OUT THE DAY NEVER GO OVER 12 HOURS OF NOT EATING HIGH SODIUM
>800 CALORIES UNTIL 5TH DAY OR IF YOU BREAK AND CAN'T MAKE IT CARB CYCLE THEN START OVER
Day 5 800 CALORIES PLANT BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE SPREAD OUT THROUGH OUT THE DAY NEVER GO OVER 12 HOURS OF NOT EATING HIGH SODIUM
>DO FULL BODY WORK OUT HEAVY WORK OUT ROUTINE PLUS SPRINT ECT ATTEMPT TO DEPLETE ALL GLUCOSE FROM BODY BEFORE LOADING
Day 6 CARB LOADING. GLUCOSE 120-130 GRAMS EVERY TWO HOURS/ 2.5 OUNCES OF WATER TONS OF CANDY LOW SODIUM DAY *CAN CARB UP TWO TO THREE DAYS DEPENDING ON FEELING
>REPEAT DAY ONE TILL BODY GOAL
MAINTENANCE START ALTERNATE DAY "FASTING"
Day 7 500 CALORIES ANIMAL BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE ONLY IN THE AFTERNOON FOUR HOURS BEFORE BED
Day 8 AD LIBITUM FEEDINGS WESTERN DIET/MEDITERRANEAN STYLE
Day 9 500 CALORIES ANIMAL BASED KETOGENIC DIET AT LEAST 40% OF NORMAL CALORIE INTAKE ONLY IN THE AFTERNOON FOUR HOURS BEFORE BED
Day KEEP REPEATING OF ALTERNATE DAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET BIGGER THEN SHORTEN TIME WITH OUT EATING
EXPLANATION OF CARB LOADING
youtube.com/watch?v=YcN2yuwZqUU

>5hours
nigger how is that fasting. call us back when you at least have not eaten for a whole day

>bought potassium supps from Walgreen's
>99mg

Fuck you, liar.

Fasting stops muscle loss.

Pills are shit.
Buy the potassium chloride powder.

IT'S ALMOST LIKE YOU ARE NOT EVEN TRYING ANYMORE.

USE SHIT LIKE caprylic acid (C8) IN COMBINATION WITH IN COFFEE IN THE MORNING
>caprylic acid (C8)
>MCT oil (C8/C10)
>COCONUT OIL
>AVOCADOS
CARBLAODING DAYS YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE TO REPLACE
>thiamine
>riboflavin
>vitamin K
>if you are going plant make sure you are replacing vitamin bs and shit
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16928474
OTHER SUPPLEMENTATION
***PROBIOTICS
OMEGA-3
IT IS BASICALLY THE SAME SHIT IN THIS STUDY
>It also shrank waistlines and resulted in weight loss, both in total body fat and trunk fat, but not in muscle mass.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170216103923.htm
MORE KETONES

>FFA availability and KB production. An increase in FFA availability augmented KB production not only by a mass effect but also by a diversion of hepatic fatty acid metabolism towards ketogenesis.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8896990

MORE AUTOPHAGY

>The autophagy-lysosomal pathway is involved in TAG degradation in the liver: the effect of high-sucrose and high-fat diet.
>LAL activity significantly correlated with ketogenesis in all groups
>Autophagy is stimulated under the same conditions as LAL
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20974050

>Ketones turn on autophagy
>Tissues that cannot use ketone bodies for energy respond to these small molecules by activating chaperone-mediated autophagy.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16815497

IT PRESERVES LEAN TISSUE

>Then, in the first 24-48 hours there is increased gluconeogenesis from amino acids and glycerol.
>Subsequently, ketogenesis takes over, and much of the body metabolic needs are met by ketone bodies and free fatty acids.
derangedphysiology.com/main/required-reading/endocrinology-metabolism-and-nutrition/Chapter 3.1.8/physiological-adaptation-prolonged-starvation

fasting is not starvation.

How is that fast when you are eating every 2 hours?

GTFO and stop shilling your products here. Go make /keto/ or /vegan/ thread

thats why you buy fucking potassium chloride.

These supplements are bullshit. I fell for the meme too and bought one
>50mg of potassium in one tablet
You need about 4700mg on fast. I would have to eat fucking almost 100 fucking tablets daily.

I can't find KCl anywhere in my country.

Time for a snake potion enema

skinnyfat here will fasting while bulking reduce my waist...i tried bulking for 3 month but im gainning fat slowly...

iherb?

I live in Korea and gmarket sells $5 worth of KCl for $60, iherb literally saves my life and my wallet

Maybe I’m a pussy, but I use bouillion to make snake potions, 500ml boiling water, half a cube, some potassium, drink that twice a day, 1000000x more palatable, only like 5 calories so it won’t affect fasting (lemon juice has more calories)

how do I start my first one ever?
skipping a meal and then two etc?

Get down to omad, then just skip a meal, wala a 48 hour fast

HEY FATTY

>fasting while bulking
Explain...

>bouillion
>5 calories
This breaks the fast, and also doesn't meet your electrolyte needs.

it doesn’t break the fast, and lemon juice has more calories that snake dude recommends, and I said I add potassium too

Reminder, to start you just abstain from shoving bullshit in your face for some period of time. Literally stop.

I literally stopped

thanks guys

>didn't eat on thanksgiving
>11/22 : 199.2 lb
>11/23 : 196.4 lb
>11/24 : 192.8 lb

What did my body mean by this?

that its sick of you being fatty fat fat

Morning fast

I feel good, but I'm breaking my fast. My family is coming over for dinner tomorrow and I need to refeed.

>WHY CICO IS NOT ONLY THING THAT MATTERS

Bless you user

You can post your shit all day.

You're still fat

Why is /fast/ attracting so much real visceral hate? FFS it's worse than the fags who hate on SS because it doesn't have curls.

Also, fuck avacado. If you're eating, you're not fasting.

>and a half
Fucking manlets using fractional inches.

Buyer's remorse

Also, fasting being an effective way to lose weight takes out an entire industry of "diet gurus" whose livelyhood relies on selling ads and meme products on their blogs.

>I need to refeed.
>250lb
YOU DONT. STAY STRONG. I am at same weight as you and I wont refeed until second week of december (my birthday) or maybe I wont refeed at all

Go for it, I don't physically need to, I have an obligation that requires me eating.

btw cantaloupe is goat

thanks I found the old OP too aggresive

Thanks for removing the keto stuff too, I'm sure that's what has Avocado so butthurt

When you get into something like fitness and spend a lot of time getting shredded by being disciplined over the course of MANY years you get jaded when you come into this thread and people are losing 20-30lbs a month and keeping it off. You're psychologically more inclined to view it as a fad that is probably unhealthy, so you dismiss it since you're already so invested in doing it the long and hard way. Because you spent so much time you need to feel validated that your time was worth it and that the accomplishment was sufficiently difficult for you to be proud of it. Ones identity becomes defined by "what you've done" and the harder it was and the longer it took the more it becomes part of the core ID.

This is a consequence of decades of health industry marketing and brainwashing. The people that come into these threads agitated probably couldn't explain to you why they feel they way they do... but now you know.

Of course this isn't the case for avocado, he just wants to sell you shit like MCT oil and excess ketones that you literally just piss out after they break your fast.

should I break my weekly 24h water fast before or after cardio considering it'll be mainly liss and rarely hiit
does it really matter?

After cardio if you want more benefits of the fast

Typically the longer you go, the more benefit to fasting.

hey fellas
is it ok to fast if you're underweight?

It's more dangerous. When you're lower bf% your body will accelerate consuming muscle and organ tissue. Do a bulk first imo, gain 10-15 lbs then fast.

that'll be a 24h-ish in both cases; I'll just change my cardio schedule
I forgot to say I'm not into weight loss benefits
thanks btw

Not for any long period of time

If you're underweight you probably have a low bodyfat percentage and prolonged periods of not eating will damage your organs (organ damage mostly cannot be repaired)

In that case keep posting this data then, it will be interesting to see.

I don't want any more muscle than I already have (I hardy have any, maybe cause I eat so little). I still do workout almost daily. Shit man I just enjoy fastig on itself :(
But if saving my organs requires bulking I guess I'll do that.
Also is fasting for women bad? That 's what I heard. Honestly I personally couldn't feel better (I don't even feel any health issues, yet) but my BMI is 17.3. Is BMI a meme?

>Also is fasting for women bad?
If they are pregnant or breastfeeding, yes.

Measure your waist and bodyfat % if you think you have an abnormal BMI despite being healthy.

Women go into ketosis faster than men while fasting is the only difference that I know of.

You shouldn't fast if you're pregnant or breastfeeding

>is fasting for women bad?
Yes, their subhuman organisms literally cannot perform it correctly.

can the muscle/organs damage be avoided by just eating calorie denser foods in the eating window?

>their

As long as you're getting enough calories, intermittent fasting (inside 24 hours) is fine for an underweight person.

Still, with a BMI that low I would recommend you try to gain weight and exercise so that some of that weight is muscle

Within the eating window you should eat 100% of what you normally eat in calories. The density doesn't matter so long as its 100%.

False, impoverished niggers are cranking out niglets and breastfeeding them all in Africa. The quality and quantity of breast milk is not affected by fasting.

That was not me. I didnt even notice that its gone. I just changed "why CICO is bullshit" and added Snake Diet video :^) but I didnt make this thread I did it in last one which OP copied

Some motivation. This black dude put me to shame. I really need to stop slacking while snaking it up. I want to be done with weight loss by the end of the year and then it will be time to bulk up

amazon.co.uk/MyProtein-Electrolytes-Plus-Tablets-Pack/dp/B00L7WXKWU/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1507073144&sr=8-1&keywords=sodium potassium supplement

You know that's just table salt in pill form right?

>The quality and quantity of breast milk is not affected by fasting.
doesn't mean it's good

>False, impoverished niggers are cranking out niglets and breastfeeding them all in Africa. The quality and quantity of breast milk is not affected by fasting.
You do know that those impoverished areas with high birth rate are 100% reliant on foreign aid, right? They aren't being breastfed, they're feeding them a peanut-soy mush, quite often with feeding tubes.

Ok niggers, socratic method time

Do you believe we survived periods of prolonged fasting in the past? Yes.

Do you believe children were born and raised during those unexpected periods of famine? Yes

Okay then shut the fuck up, breast feeding is fine while fasting... women developed evolutionarily to deplete themselves to sustain their children.

Stop coddling womemes, they're perfectly capable of fasting and breastfeeding.

Surviving isn't always flourishing.

>It happened, therefore it's healthy for the child
This is what thots actually believe

one pill is 400mg of potassium so thats still like 10 tablets.

Honestly just buy fucking potassium chloride and salt and stop supporting this jew industry. Right after "gainers" (which is really just a very expensive sugar) this is biggest scam.

being capable doesn't mean it's good for your health

youtube.com/watch?v=V7O1pgrmGVQ

>this is what dyels believe is a solid argument
Until you can prove otherwise you can't say it isn't healthy. Not everyone is as frail as you soyboys. Most people are more resillient than you.

Womyn = berry picker kike faggots with low calorie requirement

>muh poor starving africans all breastfeed
who.int/pmnch/media/news/2012/2012_world_breastfeeding_week/en/index1.html

>While the benefits of breastfeeding infants are innumerable, only 39% of all infants under 6 months in the developing world are exclusively breastfed (UNICEF 2012). According to UNICEF nutrition indicators, the highest rates of exclusive breastfeeding are currently found in Eastern/Southern Africa (49%) and South Asia (45%), and the lowest in West/Central Africa (24%)

same for you
and that wasn't an argument but a counterargument, learn the difference
so unless you've proven it's good, it's not

>unless you've proven it's good, it's not
That isn't how logic works brainlet. "unless you've proven it's food, it might be, we dunno."

>food
good*

I do omad and I kinda fucked up recently. My meal these two weeks had rice and oatmeal plus peanut butter and tachini causing me to bloat pretty badly. So im currently doing a 48 + fast to reset things, and im looking to make a better meal when I start eating again. So help me out. Im currently at about 13-14 %bodyfat,train about 3 hours daily.

Meal I was thinking :
Spinach salad with cucumber,onion cottage cheese and 2 boiled eggs with olive oil
Steamed brocolli, cauliflower,zucchini and onion with either chicken or beef
Protein shake
Kefir with stevia berries and honey
Couple of bananas

What else can I add???

Some manlets can be correct.

Hey people, do you notice any difference for the better or worse having sex while fasting??

Is fast healthy if Im 18?

Sex drive goes down slightly

Not IF, but a long fast could stunt your growth.

No because no gf but suprisingly enough my libido is really high when fasting

youtube.com/watch?v=xwal5erZovE

Sorry, IF is not unhealthy

Sadly no gf but I can control my libido. If I wanted to fap I could easily get into the mood and if I don't want to, blue balls are no problem.

Keeping test high burns fat faster.

I can get in the mood, but something is different I get tired too quickly and either cum quickly or lose the erection while fasting.

2 days into my 14 day water fast. Haven't fasted for a month or so but last one was 17 days. This time feels weird, I can't stop being an emotional mess and crying all the time. Is there an explanation for this?

Hey /fast/, my first water fast was for 8 days and after the first two days of feeling hungry and lethargic, I felt amazing for the last six. Just started another fast and I'm on the third day and rather suddenly threw up pretty violently. Am I fucked or is this a relatively common experience?

>2 days into my 14 day water fast. Haven't fasted for a month or so but last one was 17 days. This time feels weird, I can't stop being an emotional mess and crying all the time. Is there an explanation for this?

real life issues? I dont think its fasting related

I did several short term and long term fasts and never felt sick. What are you taking on your fast?

isn't it funny how eating is heavenly after fasting, but the feeling doesn't last very long?

a few hours later, you want another 2000 calories of pizza all over again

food is a drug. the quicker you develop the mental toughness needed to abstain, the quicker you lose pounds of real weight.

I want to fast for a week until Dec 1st

How much muscle will I lose?

>What are you taking on your fast?
Nothing, but that's the same as last time.

You don't have to pound down a pizza though. I found that simple things like chicken and celery tasted better, and as long as I didn't consume loads of carbs, especially sugary drinks, that feeling remained.

I wish i could agree with you, but I've been doing this for about 2 months now and the feeling of breaking a fast of 24-72 hours with some chicken and green beans, vs a papa john pizza...

the pizza is life changing lmao

i took some laxatives and walked for 2 hours and hopefully I will shit it out before much is digested tho

I am going for a 7+ days of water fasting, currently at day 3. During the fast I am not going to the gym. All I'm having is water with sea salt and vitamins. 0 calories until the end.

When am I gonna experience fat loss?

Am I going to lose my gains, not due to fast, but due to the time I'm not working out?

so i did a 43 day fast from september 30th to november 13th.

my refeeding has been pretty easy, no real urges for sweets/junk food.

have been snacking on some veggies like baby carrots or biltong or satsumas sometimes.

Anyways, i wanna do a long fast again and i feel completely fine, are there any side effects from doing two long fasts within a short period of time?

By day 4 or 5 you'll be willing to lift a bit or at the least go on a hike.