/SIG/ - Self Improvement General

Didn't See One in the Catalog Edition

/SIG/ Sticky: 4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky

>>Thread Theme

>drinkin
Black coffee
>eatin
Grilled chickie with onion, tomato and chilli paste. Cinnamon cottage cheese for dessert (cutting desu)
>smokin
SIL gave some nice weed the other day but I am paranoid about it affecting my fat loss in some way??? so no smoking
>watchin
Hockey highlights
>listenin to
^
>reading
Spacebread
>creating
Pixel game assets

This week, I started training to do hand stands, and I started incorporating back exercises into my routine since I realized that my back is flabby as fuck. Next week, I'm going to pick up a pair of dumbbells to accelerate my back gains. I'm also working on getting more lean with a stricter because I'm only 2 points below an overweight BMI, and I want my muscles to show more.

>Drinking: water, black tea, coffee (no sugar)
>Eating: Mostly veggies and whey
>Smoking: Nothing, interferes with performance
>Watching: Jordan Peterson on Hitler and Nazi Germany
>Listening to: Smooth Jazz
>Reading: The 48 Laws of Power
>Creating: A personal story about my fitness journey

This last week I cooked a bunch of my own food, and finally food shopped under budget again, it was super easy because I just tried. I ran twice last week, and did abs almost every night. Work went well, and my personal projects are going along well also. Overall good week and I hope I can keep carrying this momentum.

>drinkin
beer
>eatin
Thankgiving leftovers, I didn't binge yesterday (I'm on a cut) and I feel good about that
>smokin
the diggety dank
>watchin
Aqua Teen Hunger Force, my cousin just gave me his plex and I'm gonna go through the whole series
>listenin to
Maybe something later when I'm going to sleep, either music or an alan watts lecture, the latter being a semi regular thing I do
>reading
GURPS rulebook, I just got a lead on an irl, local rpg gaming group and the guy wants to DM a GURPS game
>creating
Doing some Moebius mastercopies, getting my drawing skills up

is a discord for this? i want to be around motivated/disciplined people and talk about life

>this week
Really had some self inspection this week home from uni. Re-evaluated my decisions and why I made some of them and created some new goals and interests.
>next week
gonna get back on track with lifting, been hectic with thanksgiving break and family stuff, begin my new goals and start research in interests
>drinkin
water
>eatin
got qdoba earlier with a lad
>smokin
don’t smoke
>watchin
force awakens with my dad
>listenin yo
^
>readin
looking for some textbooks and introduction to my new interests
>creatin
nothing

This might be the right thread to ask/talk about. Just got back from 3 weeks working overseas. No working out at all but I ended up losing weight eating whatever the hotel provided. When I got back yesterday, I went to the arcades for fun and played ddr. Lost my breathe easily and felt extremely weak. I'm about to hit the gym but I'm worried about how this will be. Also I'm gonna end up sleeping with at least 2 girls this week and I feel that will get effected too. What do?
Also,

>water
>thanksgiving shit
>nothing
>mad men
>foster the people
>intro to bitcoin
>nothing

Anybody else try to improve themselves through cooking? Instead of eating the same shit meal over and over, I'm trying to get slightly fancier. Tastes great, I look like I have my shit together and it folds into the Veeky Forums lifestyle very well.

>Drinkin'
An energy drink. My secret guilty pleasure. I used to have one every day, now I have 3 a week max.
>Eatin'
Just had some noodles and pan fried chicken breast. Couldn't be assed doing anything fancier
>Smokin'
Nothing at all.
>Watchin'
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
>Listenin'
A lot of pop music for some reason. I find it relaxing and upbeat, since I'm fucking sick of sad songs that are so serious. I just wanna relax, not have an existentialist crisis because music snobs won't recommend anything nice.
>Readin'
The Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks. Really nice series to chill out and read. When it's dark, it's dark, but there's a point. I got a bit sick of bleeding heart stories where the main character absolutely must witness 10 atrocities per chapter that are never referenced again. So many writers right now just have no clue how much is too much.
>Creatin'
I write short stories. Currently writing one loosely inspired by 40k. Primarily focused on racism, and how people in the wake of a massive change where a lot of technology is wrapped in mysticism might deal with people who look differently. Particularly about how if two groups look very similar, but one is a peaceful group and the other are insane and brutal, and how a third group that can't tell them apart might deal with it.

Besides the book on the sticky.
What do you guys recommend?
pic related

>drinkin
Black cold brew (home made)
>eatin
Salmon with stir fried rice /veg on the side
>smokin
JPS blues
>watchin
Nothing, just finished rewatching bojack horseman last week and haven't started anything else
>reading
Some High fantasy shit
>listening to
Kpop
>creating
I'm supposed to be creating overwatch content but I keep putting it off

To self improve next week I'm going to go rock climbing twice, I took a long break
I'm also sitting my driving test (I'm in my 20s, just put it off forever)

How is everyone?

>Also I'm gonna end up sleeping with at least 2 girls this week and I feel that will get effected too. What do?

You best be exercsing and fit (especially your stamina) if you are gonna have sex with 2 girls in one week. You want to be on top of your game for that shit dude, leave a good impression and they'll keep coming back for more. So yes, start exercising as soon as possible.

I find this to be very true. Cooking your own meals and experimenting in the kitchen is not only more rewarding, usually more filling than fast food or takeout, is a great skill to have, but also it's cheap as hell. And you don't have to make the mistake of cooking pan grilled chicken breast and broccoli for a whole year in a row, EXPERIMENT is the key word here. If you can afford it, of course. I made chili last week that lasted me 3 days, gonna make some pan fried and breaded chicken and leftover mashed potatoes tomorrow, and gonna make some spicy beef and cilantro lime rice band avocado burritos on sunday. Then I'm fasting on monday. Then making the Colonels secret recipe fried chicken on tuesday, gonna be fuxckin sweet

>drinkin
water and coffee (folgers, warn me if nessessary)
>eatin
eggs, ground beef, bananas, apples, blueberries, jasmine rice, lentils, olive oil, onions, garlic, acv, lemon juice, fish oil, iceburg lettuce, cucumbers, chicken, ice cream, vitamin supplements cut in half
>smokin
vaping cdb canabis and 18mg nicotine once a day, trying to quit, used to smoke tobacco and weed mixed together through a bubbler, not joking did this for five years.
>watchin
ytp where there's smoke
black pigeon speaks
rockingmre
>listenin to
iced earth, gojira, electric wizard, kvelertak, uncle acid entombed just to name a few
>reading
germany destroys itself
*looking for a sci-fi fiction about globalization*
>creating
rock salt shells

There definitely is at least one, someone post it so we can put it in the OP post next time.

what is the difference between irc and discord?

Yes, completely agree. I commit to myself to host 2 multi-course dinner parties each year. It forces me to make and maintain friendships which is something that I have to work on and it's also a good way to have a great cheat meal.

I think French and Italian cooking are great and accessible cuisines to class things up. For a few dollars you can have cannoli forms or hand-made (hand-cut) pasta. On the French side, there are all sorts of interesting breads and protein preparations like duck that don't get approached too often in typical US food.

Forgot to post so here we go:

>>drinkin
Milk, water.
>>eatin
Turkey, potatoes, green beans, peanut butter, whole wheat bread.
>>smokin
Nope.
>>watchin
Nothing recently
>>listenin to
Bad Kids Club by Meshiya Lake and The Little Big Horns
>>reading
Going to go read some trashy YA fiction, specifics TBD.
>>creating
Monogram designs for the embossing on my dinner party invitations. I just settled on the fonts for the lettering and am deciding on the cardstock weight and coloring. I'm thinking fall colors even though we're well into winter.

>drinkin
Just water. Occasionally a calorie free sugar drink.

>eatin
Nothing at current. Otherwise eat whatever is expected of me.

>smokin
Implying I put that shit into my body

>watchin
Mob psycho 100 again for like the second time. I find the show really inspiring and pretty relatable. I really like the body improvement club. Fight on.
>listenin to
Money store-Death Grips. I hate your faggots.

>reading
School related textbooks

>creating
I write articles and other bullshit

IRC uses an app like mIRC or Limechat. Discord uses a website (Discord) as the client itself, also, it's to my understanding the discord allows you to basically have sub-discords, like boards on Veeky Forums.

>drinkin
water
>eatin
nothing
>smokin
Don't smoke
>watchin
documentary on RM training
>listenin to
nothing
>reading
mao's great famine