Normie Advice that's Actually Harmful

what's some health/fitness advice normies give that's actually fucking terrible for you

> stretch before lifting

literally nothing wrong with this

>you wont hurt yourself on deadlifts even if you have proper form

Start with bodyweight squats for beginners

wrong

stretching before tightens up the muscles making tears more likely

kek where's the guy who squat 150 in sandals

Probably doing deadlifts now in his wheel chair

not stretching your hips, ankles, and hams a bit before squats and deadlifts is retarded. if I dont roll out my calves before squats I cant go atg, and if I dont stretch my hammies I cant comfortably get into deadlift position.

idc what anyone says, light stretching before lifts is beneficial

>”push through the pain bro!”
>normie co worker blew his shoulder out because the other faggot we used to go to the gym with told him pain was normal because he was new and to just power through it
>ask co worker if it’s soreness or sharp
>says sharp
>didn’t listen to my advice to take some time off and ended up in snap city two weeks later

Last I saw he’s getting even fatter and fatter.

Bodyweight squats in normie talk means no weight, and that's great advice.

“Bro you gotta go to failure or ur not gonna make any gains”

“Don’t eat fast food and sugar it’s gunna make you fat”

“Dude you gotta do cardio if you only do weights ur gunna get bulky”

I hate people

No user you are the retard

>point your thumbs down when doing lateral raises

he's 100% correct

Just do arms brah

But this is all good advice without the exaggerated side effects.
AMRAP sets have their place.
You should be avoiding processed food.
You should be doing cardio.
But most of you fags would rather live like zyzz. Fucking retards.

cardio makes you look good

what exercise blew his shoulder out?

what’s AMRAP

he's 100% correct

>Lifting is not healthy

cardio has nothing to do with how bulky you are
fast food won't make you fat
AMRAP sets have their place

>There's no such thing as squatplugs, that's a buttplug user!

Fucking normies.

real talk here before I go to bed, is it OK to bulk off of fast food and like chocolate milk? The town I live in has some kind of meat packing issue and all the steak/chicken I buy is rotting when I take it out. I'm getting most of my protein from cans of peanut butter and chik fil a nuggets. I'm 19 and I don't have any weight issues, so the health effects aren't too bad, right?

As Many Reps As Possible

you do moved strechting, not static stretching before training, you should do warm up reps even.
to check if you have pain before doing a heavy workout and to get your body ready, its certainly not a good idea sitting all day on your ass and after that instantly do heavy deadlifts, you should warmup and do moved stretching, not static.

I just fucking hate normies that think they are pro trainers because they lift for six months.
>Mfw i fell for the "Feel the pain bro" "push to the limits" when i started lifting not long ago and ended up unable to move my arms for a month.

you need tears to get swole

thank (You)

>"you start weak you stay weak"
>"Don't have excuses. Even if you feel tired/exhausted you should workout"
>"Don't look at others"
>"Don't eat fast food or anything with sugar"
>"Workout on an empty stomach"
The last two once made me faint while carrying fucking 50kg on my shoulder. This shit could have killed me and i got so embarrassed when i woke up.

Yeah I'm saying without the exaggerated aftermath.
Any healthy person should be doing cardio. Just because you can get aesthetic without it doesn't mean don't do it.
Fast food won't make you fat, but you should still avoid it.
Eat your fucking veg. Do your fucking cardio ya lazy fucks.

These are all good tho.

>“Don’t poop at the bottom of your squat, if you do they’ll think it just fell out because you’re gay and your boyfriend has a really big dick.”

You sound like a pussy.

Placebo weakfag, I've seen guys DL 600lbs at 6am with only coffee as their breakfast.

Fasted lifting is based

>if you think your going to hurl during the lift just hold your breath

I was told these advises when i was very thin and when i just started lifting.

How long did you spend thinking about that ?
And how long did you take to determine you would post that here ?

>need to know

>don't go below parallel when squatting

How much time have you spent collecting and maintaining an image responses?

inb4 >I AM Fagundez and I post a gay pic of myself with every post

He was doing benches with some super shitty form where he was compensating with his shoulders cuz he was ego liftint

Half a dozen raw eggs!

>Even if you feel tired/exhausted you should
Maybe not exhausted, but you should try when tired. I've had great lifting days and set PRs when I've felt tired to begin with. Don't puss out and instead challenge yourself.
I have one friend who's always "pretty tired today, I won't go too heavy", and he never gets stronger.

>Fasting is really dangerous for you

Had 50lbs overweight

>normies
>deadlifting
Pick one.

>Mainly use machines instead of barbells

Only when from totally cold, otherwise it's healthy.

>if you rest more than 90 seconds between sets your muscles will go cold and you'll lose gains

>implying that's not true
You're not worthy of posting Dom.

actually cardio is good for getting bulky. you can do more lightweight 30rep+ exhaustion sets if you have good cardio. get another type of muscle fibers activated in addition to the regular progressive overload ones.

>90 second rests
Lmao get a load of this dyel. It's 15 seconds AT MOST.

No it isn't, if anything it's the worst thing for hypertrophy.

>JUST

Fuck, how do you read this

>not supersetting every machine at the gym
not gonna make it

your pic has nothing to do with cardio?

That pic literally tells me theres no difference between them. Show me a study that doing BOTH is not better than doing ONE of them.

I'm 1 month into norest

Gains are through the roof, I'm DLing 1000 pounds as I type this. Muscles can be trained not to need any rest, soreness is a jewish trick.

>tfw no Bliss gf

>Dude you gotta mix up your movements or your muscles will get used to it and you'll stop gaining!
Joke's on you, I've been resting non-stop for 25 years and I'm swole af

>be me
>lifting for ~9 yrs
>stretch before every workout
>not a single muscle tear

> wide grip = get wide
stupid as fuck, wide grip bench just destroys shoulders you can get the same pec development from a close grip
wide grip pull ups are also dumb, again a close grip actually hits the lats BETTER

You're supposed to do dynamic stretching before workout, and static stretching after.

Just sayin.

>f I dont roll out my calves before squats I cant go atg, and if I dont stretch my hammies I cant comfortably get into deadlift position.
This means you're a stiff motherfucker with limited functionality.

If you can't deadlift 80% of your 1RM literally off the street, in jeans, then you're either ill or competetive.

wid ur ys xddd

>“Dude you gotta do cardio if you only do weights ur gunna get bulky”

Do people lift to get smaller?

phoneposting so i dont have the full fucking copypasta i wrote on this subject; i'll summarize:

The point of static stretching is to improve flexibility, through tendon creep. You are not going to achieve that by doing toe-touches for thirty seconds before squatting.

Static stretching BEFORE lifting *factually* makes the stretched muscle weaker for a short period. Do not do it. And there's no evidence showing it reduces running injuries, so it doesn't belong there either.

Static stretching AFTER lifting puts you at risk of a muscle belly tear, because the muscle is pumped, spongy, and full of blood. You're not getting tendon creep there either.

Static stretching is good, and you should do it, but at a wholly separate time than exercise, such as in a yoga class (extremely beneficial), to improve your flexibility for things like deep squats.

Before lifting, you should be doing DYNAMIC stretching, such as leg swings, arm circles, fire hydrants, and cossack squats, to get blood flowing to the muscles that *support* your joints (hip flexors/extensors, rotator cuffs). If you get a light pump in those before you start your lifts, you have significantly guarded yourself against injury.

Redpill me on this pls .
Have heard of it before from an aushwiz mode lifter

Yes

Gonna do some mad research on this but I didnt even know this was a thing before. What about for running?

In case you are awake now

Meat like beef is ok to cook when its browning. That is bacteria, but if its not too bad then cooking it properly will do the trick. A store near my work sells the meat thats started browing for 40% off and its great stuff.

holy shit, thats how i fucked up MY shoulder when i first started lifting. i had (still do) a home gym, so no trainer. probably should have done more research before trying. fixed my form, and i lift way more than then, and no pain

pathetic subscum do

Finally a good post

I like warming up with the rowing machien and then stretching out just to make sure I can get into all the positions for that days lifts.

running really is not my area, but apart from rolled ankles (which, you know, just do ankle rolls before you run), the impression i get is that most running injuries are repetitive-stress stuff caused by bad form. Don't quote me on that though, I don't know what I'm talking about.

>if you need to stretch before you exercise, that means you're inflexible
WOW WOW WOW

Morons like this. You realize the goal is to know your body and train in the way your body requires, right? Telling somebody to stop stretching because a perfectly flexible athletic body doesn't require stretching is fucking retarded, because you're obviously not talking to somebody with a naturally flexible athletic body.
>You take medicine when you're sick? That's so stupid. Healthy bodies don't require medicine and it can actually be harmful.
This is how you sound.

>every piece of "normie advice" in this thread has been defended
>literally everyone in this thread is a normie

Gotcha, Ive always read its good to stretch before running, but ive read the same about weightlifting so Im a little concerned as Im working my way back up to 5 miles right now.

Literally my friends

>itt reddit spacing

Phoneposting, I'll be quick.

Basically if you're doing lateral raises with your thumbs pointing downwards, you're intrarotating your shoulder. If thumb and pinky are even, you're in a neutral position, and if the pinky is higher than the thumb, you're extrarotating.

Basically, if you are intrarotating, your rotator cuff, the muscle under the shoulder blade, and other muscles and tendons, are all grinding on each other. The sensation you feel isn't the muscles working, but actually your body going through a harmful range of motion that can end up injuring you.

This isn't by any mean a thorough explanation, so try looking it up.

Tl;dr always extrarotate your shoulder when doing lateral raises, it's the best way to prevent injury and helps with maximum muscular activation

Fuck I'm sorry, I meant to say that you're extrarotating when your THUMB is higher than the pinky

JEFF CAVALIER HERE FROM ATHLEAN X has a pretty solid video on youtube about why it's a bad idea.

Essentially the whole "point your thumbs down/pretend you're pouring out a jug of water" thing is a meme that got out of hand. Either keep the thumbs in the neutral starting position or do the entire exercise with the thumbs pointing upward.

Thumbs down = shoulder impingement
Thumps up = actually targets the head of the delt properly

Body part splits are good for a beginner
Literally this^^^
FUCK this, it needs to stop

now we just need a plastic surgery removing app

ty fellow Veeky Forumsizen, been doing them wrong all the time . finaly, i will make it

>YOU'LL NEVER LOSE WEIGHT OR GAIN MUSCLE FROM LIFTING user
>WHY WOULD YOU JOIN A GYM IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO USE THE TREADMILLS THAT'S THE POINT OF A GYM
>YOU CAN ONLY LOSE WEIGHT BY DOING CARDIO

t. Every relative I have

>Make sure you lie down flat when benching
>Don’t use the barbell to squat always use the smith machine for safety
>breath out on every rep

This is antisemitic goy

>super-supersets
Now that's how the real men does it.

I usually spend 2 hours moving over a dozen machines to a tight circle and prepare all the settings.
Then rush them through in a clockwise motion doing one set AMRAP in each with max 3 seconds rest between them.

Done this for 10 years and got mad gains.
(Mostly in lower back and shoulders, from moving the machines.)

The only post in this thread that matters.

this!
I have it generalised as dynamic stretching before any exercise and static a while after / during rest days. you should always warmup and stretch.

shoulder blows

Tbh, I find that having a complete beginner do some sort of brosplits for a couple months to get used to training and lifting weights, and learning proper form, before having him hop on an actual beginner routine, is the best and safest way to go

T. Personal trainer

hypersets they should be called.

gigasets are when you hyperset but move between multiple gyms