/fat/ - PostThxgiving Edition

How was Thanksgiving bros? What's the damage?

You're going to work out today... right?

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yNhl8wT3Pc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I stayed within my calories up to and including dinner, desert was another story.

I'm 6 lbs heavier. I'm hoping I shit it out and it's water weight from all the sodium. I just let myself go wild but today I'm back on track.

Only gained a pound. Its them leftovers that are gonna kill me.

I fasted for 48 hours before the thx meal. The food tasted 100x better than if I would have eaten 3x a day before eating it.

Ate one plate of normal food then grazed on sweets the rest of the evening. People who ate my desserts liked 'em, especially the ice cream. Been fasting since yesterday to make up the excess calories.

Reposting from last thread:
If I was eating low cal before, eat like shit for a week-and-a-half, and went back to eating low-calorie, how bad would it be for me?

I did really good this thanksgiving thanks to holiday anxiety and limited amounts of desserts (I don't really like pumpkin pie and we had no cookies).

After all the salt leaves my body (thanks to the ham) I should actually lose a little weight.

How can I do squats when I'm a dyel that can barely lift an empty barbell? I feel fucking stupid and weak.

>can barely lift an empty barbell?
So you can lift it? Keep doing that.

Barely above my head and I don't try to really do the squat because I'm afraid of snapping my neck. Should I just keep mirroring it?

hi I'm new to Veeky Forums and is this an eating disorder board? Lol I like exercising too but couldn't you guys just eat like all the normal people who know to avoid junk food? Ok maybe eat a little extra b/c exercise can make you hungry

just water man, depending on how you fucked up, you might've gained one pound

healthy fasting is very much fine, I lost a lot of weight do it periodically

I lost weight over thanksgiving actually.

Moderated my plate, didn't drink too much, and still hit my macros. So far down 10 lbs over the course of two months. Pretty satisfied so far. Going nice and steady, aiming for 170 by June. Currently at 207.

>tfw not a fat fuck
>tfw fasted for today, can eat whatever i desire tommorow

ENJOY THAT CABBAGE LARDASS

It's amazing to me how much your body can fluctuate in weight with what you can do to it.

>Day before Thanksgiving:214
>Day after:223
>Today:215

From what I read sodium will do this to your body and it has something to do with water weight right? Is water weight literally just extra water on your body that sodium is holding onto or something?

>Day before Thanksgiving:167
>Day after:173
>Today:173

Yes, it's water weight and food, like waste. If you want to get rid of water weight, drink more water (yep) and limit your carbs for a few days

Your weight fluctuate throughout the day as well and can vary like about 5 to 10 pounds.

Confess

oh yeah, go easy on the sodium, if you eat a lot of it which thanksgiving pretty much is, your body retains water

>having my first beer since early august which breaks my usual fasting time after dinner
It's not even that good

i drank eggnog and it was sickly sweet.

I ate a kebab but it still fit into my calorie count.

Well if it is that much of a struggle you could always just lift the curl bar, which is lighter or your gym may have a lighter non standard bar. Certainly they sell them pretty much everywhere, like walmart for excample.

nothing really, pie was made but didnt eat it, I'm saving it until the end of the week on friday to eat it and eat lean throughout the week

I skipped exercise for one day

I ate a banana as a snack instead of a vegetable. I'm 298 lbs, was 320.

I'm going on holiday in January and want to lose some weight to look better in swim trunks. Not a fatas fatass.

I'm going to follow a strict diet and no cheat meals to see the best possible results. Should I go low carbs or vegetarian?

I know the sticky says CICO, but I need a plan to change up my habits

Practice good form with bodyweight squats. i.e., holding nothing. It might not seem like much at first but if you're going ass to the floor you'll start feeling it after 20 or 30, guaranteed.

>tfw forgot why i even started this journey to stop being fat

I've lost 65 pounds in 2 years, went from 230 to 165, i still have belly and some love handles, but can pass for a skinny guy with the right clothes.

Can't say my life has improved drastically, in fact I've become more depressed somehow. I don't miss stuffing my face with pizza and passing out from drinking 10 beers, but it seems that with fat I've lost some part of me, that made me...content?

Currently researching the best ways to kill myself when i turn 30 in 2 and half years.

what's your height? Also I think you worry too much, 65 pounds is a huge accomplishment that a lot of people werent able to do.

I know what you mean though, I wish I could just shovel shit into my gullet again like I use to before, now anything I eat I think of the ramifications that could come out of it.

Sounds like you need to talk to someone user, I'm being serious here, maybe seek out a psychologist

youtube.com/watch?v=-yNhl8wT3Pc

I lost also 30kg. But I personally didn't expect that losing some weight will change my life. I just want a healthier lifestyle.

I've dropped 80 lbs since January 1st. I skipped my workout yesterday, it was planned, but holy shit I feel like absolute trash from eating so many god damned carbs.

Today is volume day of Texas Method. 5x5 squats and OHP, maybe even do some deadlifts.

Kebab is probably the healthiest 'fast food' so i dont see a problem there ...

I'm fucking up. I wasn't supposed to eat anything today, but I've eaten 1100 calories within the past 1.5 hours.

Chalk it up to IF...

I bought brownie bites for my niece and daughters, ended up eating 400 calories worth. My cal count is still under but still...was trying to recover fully from Thanksgiving.

>Should I go low carbs or vegetarian?
Vegetarian restrictions still include a large swath of shitty food that's detrimental to weight loss. Most sugarbomb snacks, candies, etc are vegetarian.

If you have to pick between the two, go low carb and exclude all refined sugars.

i bought this and ate them all in under 1 hour

Chocolate brain, waffle boats?

the hell is thi user?

Was doing good yesterday and then started drinking. Blew the whole day. I think I've become complacent because I'm so close to my goal.

Mind you even in my laziness I'm maintaining, not gaining, which I think speaks to the habits I've built.

This should be a meme.

これはあたしのおちんちだよ(ツレペです)

I've learned to combat this by giving away most of the food so I don't have many leftovers.

Do you need to feel hungry to lose weight? Is it normal to feel hungry when you're eating below your TDEE?

ate 400 calories today, and did my daily cardio, preparing for dinner, with it, i'll be at around 1000 calories, that's way less than half of what should i eat to keep my weight

>lost 45 lbs
>40-50 left
>starting to get into the "hey i look better in clothes now and this is good enough for me why do i have to tire myself" mentality
>diet is shit and can't get it under control
I just want to die now, how did you bros get past this block? I'm clearly fat and i can clearly see it but my mind keeps telling me i'm okay looking

チョコちんか

For a little while. Then you either get used to being hungry or the hunger eventually goes away.

my belly isn't going away

it's one of the last things to go. My body likes to play jokes on me "losing weigh huh? how about losing your fat in your legs or shoulders".

Stomach fat takes time user

Do abdominals help or is it just a meme?

targeting where to lose fat is a meme and doesnt work like that, just lose weight and it will eventually go away

>lose weight
>get a lot of attention from people
>go on a nice vacation
>get a new car from my mother
>go home
>still sad and alone

talk to someone user, nothing wrong with getting professional help

maybe you are looking for a higher meaning of self and dont know exactly what it is or how to achieve it

I can't afford it
besides i know what the root of my problem is

I live at home and i'm in school
I have a year and a half before i'm done with school and can safely move to where i want to.

Everyday, it's all i think about, because i want to start my life senpai. i'm 22, i should be on my own already

>roommate from senior year of college is about to visit
>tfw going out for pizza and beer at his request

Jesus Christ Wojak. Start counting your blessings man.

I bought a six pack. I'm drinking it right now.

You'll make it user, don't worry too much.

/fat/ help I've been fine with weight loss this past year, started at 100kg, now at 62kg (5'5") but this past week 4/6 days I've been consumed with hunger and ate 3000+ calories, while the other two I ate 1000 calories. Any advice on suddenly feeling stupidly hungry all of a sudden?

What's your height? Also, regardless of weight if you are not used to working out then it will hurt a bit at first and take some time to get used to. It's perfectly normal so take your time to get ued to it and gradually ease into it. Start jogging a bit more each day and set a goal for yourself to reach by going a little further every time. Either way at 150lbs you can't be in that bad of shape. Depending on your height you might not even want to bother with losing any weight and start working on building up muscle mass instead.

>water fasting
>eating disorder
Nope. Perfectly normal and reasonable weight loss tool if done correctly and carefully. Not good for long term use and I believe that people who use it should also learn to do a proper calorie cut between fasting sessions so they can learn healthy nutrition and how to make a balanced meal. But for people who are obese fasting is a solid method of weightloss.

You're right smack in the middle of a healthy weight. Why aren't you bulking?

I was 240 in April and am currently 153lbs. I still have some excess gut and chest fat. I'm just gonna drop down to 145lbs and then start bulking. Work on lifting and doing cardio while getting plenty of protein and eating at a SLIGHT calorie surplus. Enough to build muscle but not quite so much that I gain much fat.

Basically, there's always ways to improve yourself and your health. Not to be rude but was becoming skinnyfat your goal? You lost that weight to better yourself, and congrats, you've succeeded to a degree but the journey doesn't end here. Whenever you reach a goal find a new one and keep going.

When I was 240lbs I remember thinking "Oh I just need to lose 30lbs..... maaaaybeeee 50lbs if I really want to look good. Now almost 90lbs later I still see plenty of room to improve. It's all a matter of perspective.

Genuinely curious, how tall are you? 240 to 145 is quite drastic.

5'11 Normal BMI for me ranges from 133 to 179 so I still have plenty of room. My initial goal was 200 short term and 180 long term but when it didn't take as long as I thought and I realized my body was still retaining too much fat in unappealing places I decided to keep going. But I've also decided that going under 140lbs is unnecesarry. If I reach 145 and still have some excess gut fat (which I probably will) I will just work on toning my body with lifting and cardio. If I start to get in shape but still have excess fat then maybe I'll do another cut down the line at some point. But it's harder to cut and maintain all of your muscle mass so I wanted to make sure I went as low as possible this time around while I have nothing to lose as far as muscle mass goes. I'm currently the epitome of a skinnyfat DYEL

Fuck, I am also 5'11 but about 215. I can't imagine getting to 145, my arms and legs are muscular, my pecs are a little fatty, my bad spot is my stomach like a roll under my belly button. I think I'd be pretty built at 175-180.

Did you carry fat all over? What diet did you follow for such amazing results?

just ate over my daily kcal intake, 3 cherry tomatoes, 100g of beans and an egg with some sriracha. I oddly feel guilty despite still being in a kcal deficit.

Eating mini chocolates as we speak

>haha its ok I'll just work harder next week to make up for it

3 tomatoes, 100g of beans and an egg puts you over your daily kcal intake?

are you 1ft tall or something? a fat 7 year old?

>only have space in my calorie count for two pieces of pizza
>ACTUALLY STICK TO IT
Fuck guys, it's been a good start to my recover post-Thanksgiving

I feel like I'm eating too much for being on a diet, I imagined it would be worse. I do 1500 calories a day plus or minus some since I have to estimate often (but I'm pretty precise, I used to cook a lot so I can guess the portion pretty close and I always err towards larger numbers just to be safe), but even then I don't think I'm off by more than 100calories ever and I always manage to stay within my allotted calories. I don't feel like I'm eating that much less than I used to. I've planned a big ass fucking steak with a couple of boiled potatoes tomorrow lunch, oatmeal for breakfast, bunch of veggies for dinner and I still have like 400 calories more to fill.

I did however cut all soda and most sweet drinks which were a big problem for me. I could drink a 2L bottle of coke in a day sometimes and that's like 800kcal... so maybe it feels weird because I never really ate too much and I got fat on soda?

Need to go to the gym tonight but i have little energy, what do.

Buy a kitchen scale, friend. Take any doubt out of the equation by weighing your food by gram and plugging them into myfitnesspal. They're only ten bucks. Your thinner self will thank you later.

Weep into your pillow.

Or just fucking go.

You sound like you're doing just fine. It's easier to make your calorie goal while at the same time feeling satisfied if you're eating right, and it sounds like you are.

Also soda was absolutely part of your problem. It was for a lot of people. Even a single can can ruin the equation when cutting calories.

>Gained 2 pounds the week before.
>Weighed today and lost 1 pound overall compared to before the holiday.

Not too bad. I'm at a stall and even with all the increase in food I've yet to take a shit.

I am doing, settle down buddy

Went home for thanksgiving. Haven't been exercising at all this weekend.

What programs would you guys recommend.
I've been doing high rep lifting and occasional max lifts for most of the semester with minimal cardio, but I think I need to change it up.
Next semester I plan on:
> 6:30 AM = weight lifting at gym for 45 min
> 8:30-5 = go to school
> 5:30/6 pm = 35-40 min of cardio
> 6-11 pm = homework/study
Will this garner me better results? I would do weights and cardio at the same time but I never go for the whole time because I get way to tired.

45 minutes? How much do you even get done? Also, you need more sleep.

repost because I'm an idiot who made a new thread instead of coming here

I lost like 110 pounds from changing my diet and I went from fat to skinny and now I don't know what to do
I have no problem eating healthy most of the time, I eat the same stuff mostly every day. Obviously I had the discipline to get where I am. But I'm still a fatass at heart and love pigging out on complete shit, ice cream and cookies and stuff. For a while I'd been eating the bare minimum amount of calories from Monday to Saturday and then eating complete shit on Sunday, but it would just make me hate myself so I figure it's not so healthy to do that.
Now I've been trying to eat my maintenance calories (which is apparently 1938 calories a day, I am 5'11" and 135 pounds) but it hasn't made me feel any less hungry or lose the junk cravings.
Can I eat my maintenance amount and still pig out on some days without any bad effects? Getting fat again is my biggest fear.

post progress pictures you fat fucks

I am bored therefore I am hungry

don't have any but i do have MFP graph

My comparison pics are depressing because I've lost 75 pounds and don't look that much different.

You're definitely on the right track, Try to maximize the amount of weight you do per set. If you're doing more than ten per set up the weight by five pounds until you're doing no less than five (lower the weight if you can't do five) and no more than ten. Your goal should be muscle failure during your third set. If you can do eight but not ten then that's optimal. Once you get to ten or more you can up the weight so you can do more than five of the next highest weight bracket.

You could balance it by eating a slight deficit during the week, like only 200 calories less. This would let you exceed your limit by 1200 on Sunday and you would experience no weight gain.

You're underweight. You're going to gain weight eating normally. Honestly I don't know how you don't feel like shit right now. Start moving heavy objects for entertainment and eat at 500 above maintenance to put on muscle. You know how to cut. You're experienced and battle hardened at it. Now it's time to learn how to bulk.

Well remember that the fatter you are, the smaller the difference is when you gain/lose a pound. Imagine a really big roll of toilet paper, at the start a few pieces would barely shed one layer, but by the time you reach the centre a single piece might be a whole layer. It's esentially the square-cube law.

>I've lost 75 pounds and don't look that much different.
Impossible. It's all in your head. Welcome to body dysmorphia

Fugg. Like how much sleep?
For the 45 min of lifting? I only workout 2 areas per visit. (like back and bi's one day, chest and tri's the next, etc.)
I'm in engineering so I can't spare too much time.

> im stressed and depressed, therefore I eat to forget about school and life and find joy in the 30 min I spend stuffing my fat face with greasy fast food
What a shitty and embarrassing habit plz kill me now.

I guess that's how I had been doing it until this past week or two. Aim for 1200 calories a day during the week, then eat pure garbage on Sunday with no regard for calorie count, feel like shit and hate myself all week, repeat.

>You're underweight.
I thought I was just on the lower end of ideal. I don't think I have the motivation to get really muscular or anything. I didn't really have anything in mind other than "lose weight fatty" for years, and now that I'm skinny I'm just at a loss and now struggle with food on a daily basis. It's all I think about.

Well, 8 hours is recommended amount, but that is hard to get in the modern world.

How much are you getting anyway? Best case scenario it's 11pm to 6:30am but I doubt you are going to sleep exactly after you finsih studying. Also what's happening from 6:30 to 8:30 when gym is only 45 minutes? And 8:30 to 5 seems like crazy long hours for school.

Just had my first "cheat day" after 3 months. Went from 107 kg to 89kg, 6"2. Forgive me father.

6-6.5 normally
7 on a good day
5 on a busy day
1.5-3 on a horrible day
When I would go it would be like this:
> get there
> warm up with stretching and quick jog for 10 min
> workout for 40-45 min
> shower and change
> walk back to car
> drive to school and hope traffic isnt too bad
School is either 11 minutes away, or 15-20 minutes depending on how much road work is being done.

You don't have to become an Olympic body builder at 220 pounds at 5'11" but you can do some weight training to fill out your form so you're a muscular 150 instead of a skinny 135. Plus the eating and training will feel good. Eat and train until you're 165 to 170 and then cut til you're 150 is my advice. You'll feel a lot better eating at maintenance at that level.

Well everyone carries fat differently and loses it differently. Though most people tend to hold their stomach and chest fat the longest which is definitely what is happening with me, though my chest fat is finally going down more. So you could get lucky and lose your fat more evenly as you go down, but you never know until you get there.

While it's true you could be built well around 175-180 that's only with a lot of muscle mass instead of fat so I would advise you cut to at least 165-170 and then start bulking. But really you'll have to be the judge and stop when you feel ready because everyone is different. When I was 215 I certainly wouldn't have thought I would be cutting even down to 160lbs let alone 145 but as time moved on I adjusted my goals.

Anyway, I've just been counting calories and doing IF pretty regularly. I started IF during my 2nd month into my cut and it really helped boost my weight loss rate. I try to get as much protein as I can but it's pretty hard to maintain muscle mass on a cut so I don't go all out. I just make sure I get a solid amount of vegetables every day and other than that I kind of eat whatever I want without going over my calorie limit.