For those who have abs WITHOUT doing cardio, how often are you hitting them?

For those who have abs WITHOUT doing cardio, how often are you hitting them?

Thinking of going from 3x a week working them out, to every workout 5x a week for about 7-10 minutes a day. Does this work for anyone?

Everyone has abs, if you can’t see them they’re under a layer of fat. I have abs, I never train them. Heavy compound lifts target abs more than you’d imagine.

If your abs aren’t visible and you want them to be, lose weight.

Learn how to flex them/engage them 24/7, when I’m on a bulk I’m able to flex them into visibility when they’re otherwise not visible.

I can't afford to lose weight. All my excess fat goes straight to the gut. My calves are chicken legs despite doing 12 sets a week. Upper body is borderline skelly

I thought "flexing them in" was a meme

ripplefag pls go

If your form is solid, your compound routine will engage your abs enough to make a difference.
But as others have already told you, if you’re lifting then you’ve got abs. If you can’t see them, lose the weight fatty.

i have not done any cardio and have trained abs maybe 20 times in my life. It's all about the diet tbhfam

People like you are why Veeky Forums is a fucking laughing stock

>compound lifts work abs
You idiots honestly believe this?
Go to any guy with a great core and see if he does only squats to get those results.

>all you gotta do is squat and bench and you get abs dude lmao

I just use the ab wheel 3 times a week.
Squats and deadlifts are NOT enough. They will actually improve when you start training your abs. You will be able to maintain form and push through slow reps and feel much safer.

Do you go for high reps going fast on the ab wheel or slow reps extending all the way out

im pretty sure my form is solid and I brace my abs etc. but I dont really feel them working during squats. what do?

I have solid abs, don't do cardio, and don't train abs. Just eat right

>170 lbs
>6'4"
>still cant see abs

somethings off?

Let me guess: sedimentary lifestyle for years prior to trying to get fit?

I do a few sets of sit-ups after every work-out.
Doing 100 sit-ups won't interfere with your recovery, there's no reason not to do them.

The truth is not everyone has abs nor ever will and that other user is full of shit

Recoverytime for your muscles can be different depending on how you train and age, but I need to hit my abs more often than the average muscle.

If you're working as a dishwasher, bartender or pretty much any job where you stand up and fetch things, you probably get tons of training without knowing.

If you sit in an office all day, you need to work your abs.

not him but yes what does that mean

Go slow, if you use correct form you'll feel it hard as fuck on your core

Means you need to work your abs. some people just don't have them, this can be due to bad lifestyle, bad genes, or mix of both. being skinny may not be enough. you have to start working them to get anywhere.

I do nothing but cardio except one fullbody resistance say per week for 60min but have a six pack. Having one is about bodyfat%.

how many reps/sets? any results?

I think you should still train abs just to have a strong core which aids just about every other lift.

see

This is a meme. If you have no stomach muscle you arent going to have a six pack even with low bf%
t. Skinny my entire life, never had abs until i started doing weighted exercises with them

same boat, how do i get abs?

Compounds are all you need, just do deadlifts. Technically you have to do leg raises for an 8 pack but start with compounds.

These shills need to be banned

Add front squats.

Train them, you retarded faggot. Do ab wheel, weighed cable crunch, wood chops, weighted planks, etc.

If you don't feel your core being strained while you rise out of the hole then you're not engaging it correctly.

switch to front squats

If you can DL even just 3pl8 you have solid abs, and you don't waste time doing ab isolation which is something i only see complete dyels do at my gym.

Another lie

The worst shape my abs were ever in was when I hit 4 plate DL at 160 lbs.

The best shape they were ever in was doing calisthenics and hitting abs directly 4-5x a week

Does anyone really believe DL will work your abs better than hanging leg raises or cable crunches?

WHO PAYS YOU SHILLS

>Does anyone really believe DL will work your abs better than hanging leg raises or cable crunches?
Didn't say that, just said that for people who have to ask >how do i get abs?, isolation isn't necessary and compounds are necessary either way.
>WHO PAYS YOU SHILLS
Chill the fuck out, im just talking from my experience

do I just have to do the valsalva maneuver? or is there more to it?