Homegym Thread

ITT: Home Gyms.
Let's see em bois.

this is mine, power rack + cable cross, also have leg ext/curl addon

Supports all sorts of calisthenics:
Push-ups, Squats, Sit-Ups, Crunches, Leg raises, Planks, you name it.

>all sorts
>nothing to do Pulls
y tho

What'd that setup cost you?

Could you give us the equipment brand name?
Did you purchase it together or separately? This is the type of thing I need, but I just have no idea where to begin.
Thanks in advance

I made mine as cheap as possible. $500 altogether. Didn't even spring for horse mats, just cut up an old rug my sister was throwing out.

Depressing as fuck

Power Rack: Barbarian, 800 bucks
Bench: Barbarian, 400 bucks
Cable Cross: BodyCraft, 700 bucks
Bar is ATX, about 300
Wall Plate Tree i dont know the brand, but article number is R-3021-W-50 if that helps, 80 bucks each
Weights are just standard 50mm Iron plates
And rubber tiles are just tiles lol
I think total setup was about 2.5-3k

keep in mind that i bought everything new,
second hand is a bit cheaper, and to be honest, just as good, cuz Barbarian for example will last a lifetime

Depressions good for lifting. Fuels the self-hate.

ye mirin cosygym brah

Lmao whats the point? Just get a gym membership so you get access to more equipment and actually go outside rather than isolating yourself

i always see hot girls squatting etc in their yoga pants puts me off my training

Opposite for me, it motivates me to look strong in front of them and reminds me why I want to look good

It saves a shitload of time, no waiting for equipment, workout whenever you want. Basic equipment gives you all you need to do a huge variety of exercises to hit the entire body.

Time is money.

it looks like the meth den of home gyms

looks /comfy/

Pic is the only 'machine' i have, I also have some Dumbells.

My routine:

Lever Press (for safety);
- Incline Press
- Decline Press
- Shoulder press
- Shrugs
- Bent over Rows

Dumbells;

Floor Flys
Curls.
Farmers Walk.

I might get myself a tricep bar for Christmas so i can do OHP and heavier curls a little safer.

I'm totally happy with my setup (its really safe) and glad i went for a lever press that has an adjustable seat. only thing i wish I had was something for Lat pulldown, or maybe a rowing machine.

It's nice not having to go to a gym and be involved in that shitty scene any more.

Have you ever heard of plates being stolen from homegyms (where your gear is under a veranda or in a garage/carport?

should I bike-lock my plates after I'm finished?

As someone who is looking to make a home gym, and someone who is fat, does this give same results as bench pressing, without the worry of dropping the bar on yourself?

yeah you skip the risk, but you dont get the full range of natural movement lifting a barbell would. if you're going to get one make sure its adjustable so you can change positions.

leverage presses are safer than smith machines, but you need to buy more weights to use them, because of the mechanical advantage of the machine so you need 80 kilos to match the equiv of 60kgs on a smith machine or normal bench press.