How much do you leg press?

How much do you leg press?

For some reason, squatting felt weird for me and traps didn't want to hold up the weight. So I did leg pressing and hit 8 plates a side for 3x5

4pl8

same problem, fucked up back but legs are fine

Stupid egolifting bullshit lift. Stop hogging all the plates just because you're too much of a pussy to squat

How much weight is that? Around 2k?

>squat just over 110kg
>lets try legpress
>4 pl8 and could probably still go higher just scared of snapping my knees
what the fuck is this thing

You could at least have done a machine squat with a machine that puts the weight on your shoulders

Why did you do the useless ass faggot press

Same way you can lift more in a smith machine.
Shit is on a track

this

>track
It's on an angle. Really not rocket science.

I do but I do single leg, don't have to use as much weight

Usually 6 plate for 3×8 but i deload to 5pl8 and bust out reps.

Switching to squats and front squats.
>tfw can only squat 3 pl8 and front squat 2pl8

What the hell, Veeky Forums.

Just make sure you do full ROM unlike most people who do half reps on the leg press

However many pl8s are available. It's a waste of time, shit takes too long to rack and unrack just for a shit tier exercise.

>axial loading 160KG is good for you, producing 900N m of torque on thoracic spine is totally safe for you goy
Not today shlomo.

Also:
>virgin 3pl8 squat vs chad pl8 hog press
16 PL8s = 320KG = 705lb plus whatever the carriage weighs
However, because of incline, the load lifted is only 70% of the weight which would come out to about 500lbs.
Hack squats put too much pressure on my knees to lift off. It also compresses my spine and my midback is in arch, or rather not slip a disc.
I'm thinking about front squatting since the load isn't directly on the spine

Kill yourself

12 plates each side. The new gym I'm at doesn't have a bar long enough to hold all the plates. It doesn't even have a second bar above to hold more plates so you can only fit like 8

But I'll do 8 plates each side and put my feet really low and inside and bust out as many reps as possible

Not even once. Not even slightly worth the risk of inverting your fucking knees.

desu leg press is a good exercise if taken seriously and done with good form and rom. People loading it up and 2 inch bullshit turned it into a meme.

Impressive. Have you tried putting a bar behind the foot platform to load more weight?
Only time people do that is when they hyperextend knees on purpose and/or going too heavy with shitty ROM.
The leg press has safeties and you never go to muscular failure doing heavy weighta without a stopper, if your machine has one.

>How much do you leg press?
10pl8 (1018 pounds, or 719 pounds after adjusting for it being a 45 degree leg press) for 8 reps

Whoops
* 1018 pounds, counting the 118 pounds that the carriage says it weighs

I have not touched the leg press since I've seen THE video.

My legs are pretty weak, so 5 pl8 for 2 sets and then 4 pl8 for reps. I usually do leg press after squats though.

with legpress youre only pushing,squat you have to lift your whole body up above the knee plus the bar. Plus, you're in a rigid machine on a track

10-12 reps with 400 kg

this

No, but holy fuck that's a good idea. I'll try that next time. Thanks user!

>only 3 views
LMAO

No one cares how much you can leg press. Do it as a final exercise for your leg day and move on with your life. I stopped counting plates on leg press. I just start with 10 and keep loading until my legs cant take it anymore for 5 sets

>Leg Press

same

can't even look at people in the gym doing leg presses and will often alter my entire work-out routine so i'm not near the machine if someone is doing them

i'm not even fucking memeing

Just do leg press right and youll be fine.

>dont lock out
>dont bounce it
>dont push with your hands
Leg press is one of the safest machines you can use. If you cant get the last rep let it fall down and the safeties will catch it.

>that guy who gathers every single 45 in the gym to do his 5in rom

Fuck him, the gym told him to stop so he started doing squats and could barely do 2.5 plate

no, i can't!

Ok be a bitch

It's a good accessory for more leg volume.

During hypertrophy blocks I'll do a couple of AMRAP sets after I finish squatting.

I can see where you're coming from though if all you ever see is dumbshit dyels loading up every plate they can get their hands on to do something with less ROM then a calf raise.

>leg press

> leg press

>LEG
>PRESS

Why do people push down on their legs?

lol, classic internet e statters all over the place, i've been to the gym for years and for all those years i've seen only one dude load up 300 kg, which is lmoa6europlates and even he had like 2 inches of motion

You've only ever seen one person do 6 plates each side? What gym do you go to, planet fitness?

there is NO excuse to not squatting

there is also no excuse to not leg pressing

you should do both you stupid fucking cuck

cba to watch it till the end but I hope he died for this obnoxious behavior

Every leg press is different, which is half the reason they're shit
I could leg press 300kg at my old gym but still haven't hit 2pl8 squat

>>Nigger
>>Taking up all the plates
>>Non existent ROM

What's the correct form for leg press?
Am I meant to simulate squats with it, legs open and feet flat?
I usually see people with their legs slightly closed, some even finishing the movement with just the toes and digital slips.

>overextending
>way too many plates

He should've been supervised and taught not to do stupid shit.

Thank you. I'll never use that machine again.

With a squat you also push your own bodyweight + the bar.
So you'd have to subtract that from your leg press load as well (after multiplying the weight with the sine of the incline angle).
Middle school physics