/routine advice general/

So I'm in a bit of a weird situation and I'm also lazy and stupid.
I've been doing GSLP fit version for around 7 months now. I've been thinking about moving on to Texas Method because my lifts aren't really progressing. Is pic related ok? Also I'm starting conscriptive military service in January and I'm probably only gonna be able to hit the gym like two times a week at best. Probably gonna lose some weight too and not be able to get enough sleep. What routine would work best for that situation?

don't make fun of my 5rm btw

great thread

Hey, op I'm about to start gslp fit version. Are you happy with the aesthetics and strength gains?

>aesthetics
lel. I did get some mass and a couple inches on my biceps but also so much fat that I still look like shit. Was super weak when I begun so the strength gains I'm happy with I suppose

Bump

Not really routine but this seems like the best place to ask: I'm building two houses next year (one for myself and one for mom and grandma) and I need to become as strong as I can. What are the best muscles to work so I can become as strong as I can for this task? I have 7 months. I was thinking arms, shoulders, core back with emphasis on arms and shoulders.

Yeah, pretty much that with high rep ranges.

I mean you don't need a lot of strenght for working on a building. You need resistance.

Any advice to improve this? Running a PHUL routine.

Power Upper
Bench Press 4x5
Inclined Dumbbell Press 4x10
Bent over Row 4x5
Lat Pulldown 4x10
OHP 4x5
Barbell Curl 4x10
Skullcrusher 4x10

Power Lower
Squat 4x5
Deadlift 4x5
Leg Press 4x10-15 (I tend to stick to 15 mostly)
Leg Curl 4x10
Weighted Calf Raise 3x10

Hypertrophy Upper 4x12
Incline Bench Press
Pec Deck
Seated Cable Row
One Arm Dumbbell Row
Lateral Raise
Preacher Cull
Tricep Rope Pushdown

Hypertrophy Lower
Squat 4x12
Barbell Lunge 3-4x8-12
Hack Squat 3-4x10-15
Leg Curl 3-4x10-15
Seated Calf Raise 3-4x8-12
Calf Press 3-4x8-12

I tend to be kind of flexible with the rep ranges in my hypertrophy days, but those are the ones I stick with most of the time.

I do this once a week plus 2 volume days for upper/lower. This is my favorite day though since I go hard on bench and deadlift. Been progressing pretty well so far. Was doing PPL 6 days a week before but I'd rather go to the gym less days and spend more time there when I do go.

I would put more focus on the main lifts on the power days, especially the lowers.
Change leg curl to 5x5 (not a meme) and do more free weight movements than machines on hypertrophy days.
Also would change volume squat to 4x8.

>leg curl to 5x5
Really? Never thought of that, but it may actually help, I suck at those.

your hamstings are better trained with intensity rather than volume.

I'm kind of new to this entire thing and this routine is probably dogshit, so please rectify it

4*10 dumbbell curls
4*10 chest press
4*10 low row
4*10 triceps pushdown with rope

As I said, no idea what i'm doing, just following what a friend of mine showed me

What equipment do you have access too?
What are your fitness (cardio) levels/how active are you?

The gym I go to has a pretty wide variety of machines and equipment. Can't say I know what all of them are, but it definitely doesn't seem to be lacking in anything.
My cardio's pretty good. Haven't checked time or anything but it takes a good bit to get me winded. I go to the gym every other day. and usually go for a run on wednesdays/saturdays

are you a girl?
>if no
get back on SS/GSLP, eat more, and sleep more.
you have absolutely no business switching to TM with those numbers unless you're an extreme case of GDE, on which case you should kill yourself
>if yes
pls be london, and also bitch lasagna.
texas method won't work for you, unless you're a young high-test male and eating 4k calories it's just too fucking hard on your body and you'll stall in a couple weeks. look into strength-based splits, and find one that suits your schedule and weaknesses. stay the fuck away from the garbage that is 5/3/1.

>military service
your best option is to get in the gym twice a week and maintain what little strength you have. you won't want to try and actually gain large amounts of strength/mass, because military training is tiring as fuck, and it'll shit all over your recovery.
when it's over you'll likely have lost a fair bit of strength, just start a novice program again (you'll make much faster progress than the first time).

just google beginner programs.
Most of them seam pretty boring but because you are a beginner you can make strength gains every training session, so you don't need variation and you can get learn the fundamental movements.

Yeah, kind of an expected answer but given.
Anything specific in the routine i'm doing that I should stop or change though?

No, that's stupid.
Do some general strength training (SS on a moderate caloric surplus will do), and a fuckload of conditioning. Read the book.
You don't need strong arms and shoulders to swing a hammer.

protip: if you can do all that garbage, you're not pushing yourself enough on compounds.

You're right, it is dogshit.
Do SS on a moderate caloric surplus, and read the book (pdfs available all over the internet) to learn proper form. There's a wide range of recommended assistance exercises.
No, it won't make you fat.
No, it won't make you t-rex mode, and if your legs respond disproportionately strongly, just cut out one (maybe two if it's that extreme) weekly squatting sessions.

It's not so much lift a hammer as it is a fuckload of lumber, logs/trees (will be clearing the land), cement bags etc

>you're right, it is dogshit
Thanks for confirming it. SS is starting strength right?
I'll look into it. You're a cool dude.

Point still stands.
You don't need to be able to lift 10 logs at a time, you need to be able to lift 10 logs one by one and not be winded in 30 seconds.
Strength training will help you out in general, but it doesn't need to be focused on muscle groups like you said in your first post, and you especially don't need the emphasis on arms and shoulders. To pick up and carry heavy shit, build up your deadlift. To build up general strength, train squats, bench presses, and overhead presses.
The "core" will get worked enough through the above.

Yes.
Tell your friend user says he's a faggot and should stop giving advice concerning things he knows jack shit about.

Alright bud, will do

Why would my numbers matter if I can't make progress? I sleep enough, and eat enough. I've gained 15 kg of mass in the seven months I've been lifting. Why exactly is Texas Method that much harder on my body though? Just one volume day, light wednesday and pr day don't seem all that bad.

>I sleep enough, and eat enough.
how much?
what's your estimated bf%? (or post a picture)
>Why exactly is Texas Method that much harder on my body though?
Because you're busting your ass on 5x5 squats and presses and doing deads too (usually), then 4 days later you go for a PR. Still, if you're a young guy and eating and sleeping enough it should be doable.

300kcal surplus. Probably around 23%. 79kg bw
Tbh I don't really feel like switching routines if I can still make progress on gslp. Probably not enough sleep now that I think about it

you don't eat enough either.
not to go full rippememe mode, but a 300 calorie surplus is ok for a 50 kg girl. you want at least double that, maybe thrice as much if you can handle being fat for a few months and then cutting for half a year.
no wonder you've stalled at babyweight.

It's how you eat that makes you fat, not the routine. I did the same thing because I overestimated my TDEE and did a 500 cal surplus instead of like 250-300 cals.

No shit

Bench Press vs Weight Vest Pushups

>I have the ability to micro load both
>I wouldn't really care about going above 225 on bench

Should I just do loaded push-ups?

My main concern is shoulder health.