How do I stop my nightmares?

How do I stop my nightmares?

Summon a demon

Therapy

My gf just warned me that if I wake up screaming again, next night I'm sleeping on the couch.

> Living the dream

i get sleep paralysis nightmares and sometimes wonder if my roommate can hear me screaming in my sleep

Don't sleep.

If both of you sleep with your doors closed, he won't hear a thing.

peeled ginger suppository before bed

That would be solved by eating 1 shallot before bed.

> letting your gf tell you where to sleep
please tell me you're not actually this much of a cuck

>he doesn't enjoy nightmares

legit is the only thing that still surprises me in life

sometimes i wish i could dream more

Try to kill the object of your nightmare. I tried and I never had a single nightmare for years.

My nightmares aren't about monsters. They're about things out of my control. My money taken away, my family burning in a house, false rape accusations, etc

>Try to kill the object of your nightmare
I meant both dream and real life.

Damn, pretty similar.

My latest nightmare was about my mother stabbing herself, and blaming it on my father and me to the police.

You don't

Well, her family is rich, so they bought her an apartment (no mortgage needed) in Toronto.

I'm staying with her for free, so I got no choice.

those are the worst, i once dreamed of my mom getting eaten and burn alive by some cannibals

or my dad having convulsions when he was bedridden

i don't get scared of monsters, but those things are too damn fucked up

You don't lad, I'm going on 9 years of traumatic nightmares.

When you find a cure hmu please.

Alternatively, get a gf, I usually don't have nightmares when I'm sleeping with her.

Could be from Veeky Forums or whatever news sources you want. Dreams are just memories throughout the day that you've forgotten about, you're the cause of your nightmares

ah I see. well in that case good job user

Blind fold always helps me, sinve if i wake up from a nightmare, whatever I'm having a nightmare about will be standing infront of me. Stop watching movies and tv unless its non horror/suspense

Wonderful
Hello nightmare fuel

On the flip side, how do I induce nightmares? My dreams have been too mild lately.

get a thick neck and get sleep apnea

I have nightmares about real things that have happened in the past.

So using a blindfold to 'metaphorically kill' someone again won't help.

Either that, or people dying.

Not unless he's awake.
It feels like you're screaming really loudly, but that's just your brain fucking with you, it's actually pretty quiet.

Recite ayat al kursi and say "Alhumdilillah" times 33, "Subhunallah" times 33, "Allahu Akbar" times 34. This will protect from all magic, jinn, and shaytaans.

Desensitization. I rarely, very rarely have nightmares. As a matter of fact I believe I've only had 1 in the past 10 years, and it wasn't spoopy-related. Just expose yourself to a lot of horror stuff or what you're afraid off. Horror stories/creepypasta are my lullabies, listen to them going to bed and I dream of them, but they don't turn into nightmares.

Ayyy
You know what's up

this

>my family burning in a house
Jesus Christ

Stop browsing /x/

Waleiykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh brother.

(PBUH)

Do this one strange thing. (Jinn/sorcerers hate him) Click here to find out.
It might sound crazy to you but literally just do it and I guarantee you the dreams will stop, inshallah. If it doesn't work than you have practiced a little bit of Arabic, if it does work than nightmares gone, it's a win win.

Most of my memorable dreams are about shootings. I get a lot of them. They are either public shootings by someone, me being chased and eventually getting shot, or one time (rare one time) I was the shooter

is she fat or just spoiled selfish?

Think about sex all the time
> witch in your nightmare
> she is now your bitch
go to bed after jerking off and always jerk off after waking up

Try to understand what's triggering your nightmares.
Are you experiencing lots of stress/anxieties in your daily life? Try to contront them and cope with them.

Try St. johns wort for depression/anxiety
L. Theanine is great to for anxiety/relax
Ashwagandha aswell, for lowering anxiety/stress.
Smoke some weed.
Lift/cardio

Take a hot bath/do things that allow yourself to wind down.

You must become the ghostpuncher.

read Carl Jung

OP, if youre serious -

I struggled with nightmares for most of my life. The one thing that changed it was a massive lifestyle change. Are you anxious about something? Depressed? If so, change it. I get nightmares about once a month now, but that is much better than lucid nightmares every night.

Consciously acknowledge and overcome what is manifesting in your subconscious.

post physique brah
no homo

Go to the doctor and ask for Minipress. Just make sure it doesn't tank your blood pressure too much.

smoke weed. most people stop dreaming if they smoke everyday. no dreams are much better than bad dreams.

>Not displaying your dominance over her

Are you even trying to make it?

Thank you for your service.

I've had vivid, sometimes lucid, nightmares every night for about a decade now
Fish hooks in my eyes, mangled bones sticking out of my hands trying to, killing and burning bodies, being shot in my stomach and slowly bleeding out looking for a hospital that's not there
I can usually associate them with things that are going on in my life, if I'm worried about money issues my nightmare will be centered around money etc etc
I think you just need to learn how to live with it and take what you can from it or go tell someone that doesn't really care who's going to label you a bad person

I've never served.

Spoopy. Where's the body yo. Or was it something gay like a car accident?

Stop being a pussy and endure it

My grandfather

spoopy

I pretty much never have nightmares, but when I do its always about some weird doppleganger shit. My mum or dad will appear in 2 rooms at the same time or some shit and one will be an impostor. Sounds crazy but its spooky af

oh. I mean, unless you killed him, honestly get over it. I've lost all my grandparents. And about 11 other people close to me. And if you did kill him and it was an accident, well just accept that accidents happen and people die. And if you killed him on purpose, well I suppose it depends on why. Self defense? Or are you just a freak who kills his kin?

This night i dreamt that i was involved in a car accident. I almost lost my right leg, was only attached by a few fibers just over my knee, bone was broken. I crawled out of the car and used my belt to stop the blood flow to my leg.
911 was not available as i tried to call them, i screamed for help as i was basically immobile and my brother and father were standing next to me, telling me to man up or were just laughing.
Today is my first leg day after a severe cold/pneumonia. Is this a bad omen? My Quads hurt in the region were my leg was almost cut off in my dream.

I have two recurring nightmares. Exactly the same and I can remember one as far back as 5, and another one as far back as 12. I'm 25 now. They each happen at least once a year. They havn't changed at all so I actually remember them well enough to describe to people. People find it unnerving.

Like imposter nightmares?
Mine are pretty much always the same - so I guess you could say they're recurring. I pretty much never have nightmares though

I killed him on purpose, because of shit he did to family.

No not imposter. One involves a lack of sounds and low vibrating light with two shadow figures. Another involves this really uncomfortable empty feeling and weakness. Both are terrifying as fuck and I wake up screaming every time I have the shadow one. Once a year baby!

Ever since my gf cheated on me I've had recurring nightmares of us being together and then her leaving me.

Prior to her cheating on me I had nightmares of her leaving me for this one guy friend she had from class. Those occurred a few times a month, and then she actually did it. Now, every night I go to sleep knowing I can't escape the pain because it will be in my dreams. I haven't slept properly for over a month. Please bros, send me some help.

Ehhh, no need to feel bad then. I mean I get it. He's grandpapa, he's the elder who should have been kind and taught you shit. He shouldn't have been a monster. But he was, you did what you thought at the time was justified. Your nightmare probably stems from either what I just stated above, which means you should probably just try talking it out with some family or people close. Or if no one knows you did it, then your nightmare might stem from you thinking you will get caught. In which case, just assume you won't and move on.

I had something similar. I had a nightmare about my gf was cheating on me with her lesbian friend (lesbian is 5 hours away at college with a gf). Shit felt so real, scary, and confusing. I went and looked up “the meaning” of the dream, it said it was because of insecurity. So I did some self searching and accepting ,as homo as that sounds, and now i feel even better about my self. I’m even more social. Pretty good for only a week of trying. Feels good.

>havent seen grandpas in 6 years, he lives in my home country
>miss him a lot, he basically raised me
>have a dream that Im hanging out with him the other night
>wake up crying
I gotta go see him lads

I used to have horrible nightmares every night as a young child. I could not sleep for the life of me. At first my parents were sympathetic and kowtowed to me but as it was happening every single night they grew tired and told me it's irrational and to get over it. It was pretty bad to the point where I considered suicide as a fucking 10 year old just because I wanted to sleep peacefully for once.

Eventually I did mature out of it and I became a well adjusted person externally and internally. Although I'm certain there are remnants from the psychological damage I received.

spooky. As a kid about I used to have a recurring nightmare about being stuck inside a machine in a large dark room. In the dream the machine (which was like a giant gear that moved along a tightrope) was called the "elephant cog". Retarded as fuck, but it pretty much haunted me. I've never told anyone about it until now kek

Go visit him user, you dont know how much longer he will be around

that's fucked bro. What were they of?

>had a dream last year that my uncle molested me when I was a kid
>felt very real and woke up in sweats
>couldn't sleep normal for weeks
>usually see him every so often like around holidays
>the thing about it is I never remembered him as a child
>I've started to think this is a repressed memory from my childhood
>parents say him and aunt had "issues in the family" early on and that's why we never knew them back then
>never told anyone about this

I've got narcolepsy and insomnia (I know, weird combination) so I've always had very vivid dreams, but on the flip side I have horrifying nightmares and sleep paralysis.

The dreams that I have that disturb me the most are where I get irrationally angry at a loved one like my father or sister and then beat them or sometimes kill them. The part about these dreams that I hate is that they're not scary when I have them, my mentality in the dream is just anger and I feel justified when I do it. Of course, I would never do anything to harm my family and I love them all dearly, so these dreams are strange to me.

Sometimes I have dreams where I brutally murder people for minor infractions, but other times I dream that I get into some sort of conflict like a fist fight and, no matter how hard I try, my punches feel like they are being dissipated into a soft pillow. Usually the other person doesn't even hit back, they just mock me. These dreams always irritate me and make me question my manhood.

I've had more bizarre nightmares, such as the one where I was wandering in my backyard during a thunderstorm and my grandma came out of a bush and melted (Indian Jones style) while screaming traumatically. It doesn't really have a plot but the atmosphere is menacing. Another one I had was where I was abducted by some Khorne-like demon and held in a prison on a massive red planet. I somehow escaped to an ocean planet where I floated for days until the planet just froze and the dream ended. One of the weirdest nightmares I've had was just me sitting on a comet floating endlessly into space. I felt immensely empty and insignificant the whole time.

But as far as sleep paralysis goes, those are the most horrifying things you can experience. Honestly I don't think anything can really compare to sleep paralysis except for a near death experience like a seizure or something. I've had sleep paralysis where Satan picked me up out of the bed and laughed at my immobility. It's awful.

You should take a martial art class or something, take out some anger that way.

I will soon, its just that a plane ticket costs like $1100

I'm in the army and I lift weights all the time so I think I've got pretty good conduits for expressing my anger. I think these feelings are more from the past and guilt I have because I was a real shithead with anger issues when I was a teen. But then again, I've had dreams where I do all kinds of fucked up things like raping someone or killing a group of people and the thing that bothers me is that I'm not frightened or concerned during the course of the dream. I'm always unsettled and upset when I wake up but during the dream it feels like it should be a nightmare but it isn't.

Usually my dreams are cool and vivid as fuck. Lots of exploring strange sometimes alien places and I can always remember my dreams. I usually have a few dreams a night and I can still recall dreams I've had as a kid and teenager because I always take time to analyze them when they are finished. All in all, even with sleep paralysis, it's worth it for how mind expanding it is to be conscious of your dreams.

Yep and here you are shitposting instead of working on earning money. Wow looks like you don't actually give a shit faggot.

I perceive your dreams to be the natural result of living as a high-test, high-energy male. You are a man and your purpose is to dominate; your tool is apparently violence, and your subconscious creates scenarios where you use your violence to enforce your dominance. Also, your dreams are very vivid and detailed. I think you're a really smart guy user. I dream like that. Very, very rarely do I meet someone who describes their dreams like that - I think it's a sign.

Do you _really_ have narcolepsy and insomnia? Do you abuse substances or have any sort of PTSD? I feel like any guy like you (in the military and lifting regularly) should have no problems with their sleep schedule. I think you're a really smart, uncontrolled guy who is a hypochondriac. You know, a man's got pipes in his head. They direct his emotions. The stronger your emotions, the more is flowing through those pipes. I think your dreams and your sleep problems are a sign of something you're not being honest about. When you talk to yourself in your head, are you honest with yourself? Is your inner voice totally up front about shit? Do you embrace all the nasty shit you say about yourself and others in your head?

>wanting to pay someone to listen to your bullshit

That's terrible, man. Do you ever feel kinda sad or scared from a reason that you can't explain?
I don't know anything about this, but maybe a psychiatrist or something can help you. Make sure it is someone you trust, is comfortable with and who will be confidential.

im a full time student with a very rigorous course load, I had a job last year and my grades suffered

go fuck yourself

>caring more about money than your mental health

You think the artist spooked himself while drawing that?

>dreams within dreams that last months or years
Is there anything worse lads?

No, I've had 3 different sleep studies confirming my diagnosis that I got when I was 11. I never disclosed my medical history to the army. I just learned how to psychologically deal with my chronic sleep issues rather than relying on prescriptions.

And yes, I'm very upfront with myself, to the point where I only mask my self hatred as self-demeaning humor. My dreams have become less vivid since I joined the military, presumably because I don't have time to think about them, or think about much really. I still have little snippets of dreams that I recall despite the rest being forgotten, like little vignettes that represent pictorial and atmospheric depictions of complex emotions. It's like having a random thought of a warehouse or forest you envisioned in a mostly forgotten dream that carries some sort of subtle emotional significance with it.

Had daily nightmares as long as I can remember. There's nothing you can do.

Had therapy. Didn't work, dumb bitch thought I was a rape victim and just lying about it. I've always been a shut in since I was a fat kid and got bullied in school. Also had my parents unfortunatly get internet access during the early 90s so all my socializing was on irc and video game forums.

Do you know how annoying it is to explain to our parents that you weren't raped. When would it happen? I literally never left my room since everyone made fun of me for being a fat fuck.

fuark i thought i had that story saved
nice reference, user

nvm, knew i had it

There is that "dream analyse" that lucid dreamer use and therapist use to help their clients

Every nightmare, you woke up, try to remember all the details inside, write up on a paper/notepad and accumulate the notes.

I don't have nightmares, nightmares have me...

Sad yes, but scared no. I get "bad days" where I get more depressed than normal, mostly loneliness, but never scared or anything. It's odd because I never had a problem with people touching me or anything. I've never been with a girl but In my mind I'm not afraid of sexual contact, but I've never tried and that may even be a defense mechanism anyway so I don't know. It's a weird feeling.

What does it mean when all of my nightmares involve over-complicated or dirty toilets?
I mean toilets that look like abstract art, and I really have to piss/shit.

Rebuke them in the name of Jesus Christ

I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ.
Continue saying it and it will go away

Try your hardest to say it and think it

They will completely disappear I promise you.

You are under spiritual attack.
I used to hear screaming in my ear until I would say this
Sleep paralysis and I would feel something trying to take me out of my body.

Rebuke it man, the Heavenly Father is there for you when you're ready.

Depends at lot on OP's environment I think, I remember during university myself and my two flatmates would frequently get sleep paralysis, often in the same night. Nothing spectacular, just the standard person standing over you as you sleep, somebody in your room etc, on one occasion I could feel my heart beating really vividly and slowly come to a stop complete with me accepting my fate (v odd experience, would not recommend 1/10). Anyway, we moved out of that house and into a new one, much less dingy, less mold, larger with better security and less chance of being disturbed in the middle of the night, and as if like clockwork we all stopped getting it.
Perhaps a possible solution would be to sleep somewhere else, even swap rooms if you share a house with somebody.
(I still sleep with a pillow in front of my face bc im worried the sleep paralysis will come back, but I've always had quite weird nightmares anyway so nothing new)

Insyaallah, we shall all be bestowed with thicc waifus, in this life or in Jannah.

Unironically smoke weed. It will stop your dreams almost completely. Had a friend who was abused as a kid who was completely functional except for horrible nightmares, smoked weed to counter that.

Mostly aliens as stupid as it sounds. One of the most common dreams I had and I still remember it to this day was a lucid dream where I woke up in bed with a large dark figure near me. I could never look directly at it for some reason but I could sense it was there always a few arm lengths away. The dream was I would run to my parents room and then my brothers room but no one was ever home. I could out run the alien but it was hopeless because I was all alone there, and the whole time I'm trying to escape it would call to me.

I had a dream today in which I was in a battle royale with my old friends that I don't see anymore..

Its not about the money

Did this, had a dream where I was chased and mauled by a bear last night

Meditation to fix your own shit.