Why are you not fermenting your onions before you eat them?

Why are you not fermenting your onions before you eat them?
Gets rid of the harsh taste and adds more nutrients.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=snxb_PSe3Ps
livescience.com/45293-onion-nutrition.html
bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/ingredient-focus-onions
youtube.com/watch?v=JcPwIQ6GCj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Explain this onion meme

>red onions
You're supposed to use yellow onions if you actually read the article

Research was done on rats and retards flew with it. Now everyone is eating onions

tell me more, be specific about the fermenting method and exactly what nutrients it adds.

I don't know, but I've been pickling/fermenting food for a while. It's a lot easier to eat fermented garlic/onions than raw. It doesn't taste like spicy sulfur.
Because it was the first result on google.

memetrients

Peel and chop onions, put them in a salt brine (2% salt in pure water). Put onions and brine into a jar, then let the jar sit out on the counter for 5 or so days. Then put them in the fridge for a secondary ferment for around 10 days. You'll know it's working when it starts bubbling. Also, keep it air-tight (no oxygen) and completely sterile.
The onion cells will convert carbohydrates into lactic acid.

It's basically the same process for making alcohol except you aren't using yeast.

>what nutrients it adds
Converting carbs into lactic acid and other cellular waste, like different kinds of simple alcohols and acids.

Isn't lactic acid bad for you or am i missing something?

You produce lactic acid by exercising almost always. It's basically cellular waste produced when there's not enough oxygen in the environment (energy consumption is at a higher rate than the oxygen you can breathe). So, fermentation. There's not much you can do about it.
That lactic acid is stored in your muscles, not digested in your gut. There's nothing wrong with eating lactic acid. It's not like you're fermenting your own body by eating kimchi.

Oh ok, thanks for the answer

>still no blood work posted by even one person
kys

some user last week said he had his test done recently and promised results after onion diet.

So just wait, user will surely deliver.

youtube.com/watch?v=snxb_PSe3Ps

Listen to chad brad to learn all about fermenting.

>needing blood work to eat vegetables

Onions are full of antioxidants and nutrients, eat them regardless faggot.

Dunno about nutrients but it's more than likely a decent probiotic.

Not raw and a whole onion, dumb faggot

Actually they are more nutrient dense raw, that is the same for most vegetables. Cooking them changes their properties

And an entire onion is like 40 calories, don't be a fucking bitch.

livescience.com/45293-onion-nutrition.html

lmao im not eating an entire raw onion everyday for no reason. gonna start pinning soon anyway.

Cooking submerged in water is bad, but what about steaming?

I read steaming vegetables preverses all the nutrients. Steamed onion is delicious.

what nutrients exactly would get destroyed by the cooking process that isn't going to get destroyed/broken down by your digestive system?

>The reason that the onion is so much more active in its raw state than when cooked, is that it contains a variety of organic sulphur compounds, contained in a volatile oil, that provide the health benefits. These are partly destroyed by heat. When eaten raw, its juice can act as an irritant and some people find it difficult to digest.
bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/ingredient-focus-onions

The nutrients don't get destroyed in your digestive system, they are broken down and absorbed into your body. Big difference.

not sure

>not pinning onion juice for max T gains

yes I know, I wasn't the one claiming they were getting destroyed. the raw onion people are saying the test boost only happens with raw onions, not cooked onions.

No one actually knows if the test properties are still maintained in cooked onions. It is pure speculation because they gave rats raw onion juice and raw onions have more nutrients.

Eating cooked onions is still better than no onions.

Daily reminder that is this did truly boost your test by 300% in under a month that your balls would go through extreme hypertrophy that would very painful. Same as when people suffer from ball atrophy and they get a dull pain.

Anyone posting any anecdotes or blood work without talking about severe pain in their testicles are lying.

When I went nofap my balls started to feel really weird, it was like a gentle pull but also a bit painful.

That was only for a day or so and quickly went back to normal, but it's still weird. Does that mean the test is increasing?

So it’s placebo.

Placebo still works, even if you know that it's placebo.
So you might as well eat onions.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcPwIQ6GCj8

maybe, we don't actually know because it hasn't been tested on humans.

Either way, it's a good placebo

No pain itself would not be indicative of test increasing, you would also need to observe in an actual increase of size of the testicles. For a 300% increase we are talking about a huge increase in size and the pain would be very bad for most of the duration of the growing period. People report terrible pains just from atrophy of only 25%.

Everyone who belongs in Veeky Forums already ate onions before this meme to spice things like beef and chicken up. Only you low test beta's are making it sound like eating onions are a totally new thing and actually believing it will increase your miserable test levels. This shit is as bad as facebook "coconut oil cured my cancer".

I cook with onions almost daily, but I never ate them raw.

>coconut oil cured my cancer.

Tell me more about this coconut oil. Will rubbing it on my testicles boost my T?

>balls would go through extreme hypertrophy that would very painful

As painful as pulling this 'fact' out of your ass?

OP here, just got done brining about 5 bulbs of garlic. Peeling is a bitch.
It loses less, but it still loses nutrients. Also, heating changes the molecular structure of anything you cook, so it really doesn't matter how you heat it, you'll always be denaturing some molecules.
Whenever I steam veggies, I still get a "veggie broth" in the pan. Like when I steam carrots the water turns orange, and when I steam broccoli the water turns green. So, everything in the pot is stuff you lose from the steaming process. But you can save that stuff and use it as a soup base or put it in a veggie drink.

>Not understanding basic endocrinology
Oh so I guess the entire way the human body functions does not apply for this onion meme.

Will cooking the onion destroy the test benefits?

it's fermenting, not cooking. Not heat is involved. Only salt and water.

I and most normla people eat raw white or red onion in salad nearly daily. How the fuck have you never done this before? Plus raw onion on burgers, sandwhiches and hotdogs are insanely common.
People are acting like eating onion raw is some insanely difficult unheard of thinig.

It's just /pol/ newfags using the "Why you do mad at someone eating veggies" excuse because people are doubting their retarded rodent study but they desperately want anything to increase their low test levels except doing things that actually work, like exercising.

might make you "feel good" for a little bit but there is no evidence to show that it has an appreciable effect on humans or their physique. blood work would only just be a start of some evidence, even that is just anecdotal from one person. sure you should eat onions and veggies, and I do, but I don't eat a whole fucking raw onion every day.

the (((supplement industry))) doesnt want you to know about onions because then nobody would buy their pills

>muh /pol/ boogeyman
>nobody works out AND eats onions
would you rather us buy supplements or take illegal steroids?

>some user last week said

ah, the good old "my dad works for nintendo" meme. nice try, retard.

Here. Now kys.

Wow, guess it's time for me to shove onions straight up my own ass, these posts are just too legitimate looking for me to think anything other than that onions are literally the same as steroids.

Every time these are posted it is pointed out they are complete bullshit, no legit blood work looks like that. It's missing way too many values, the user who supposedly had them done said he didnt want to post the whole thing because of personal info which proved he was a newfag. Blanking out your name but still posting the whole lab is standard practice in all fitness forums. He likely didn't include the extra values because he didn't know how to convincingly fake them.

You really are the most pathetic shill. An absolutely pathetic person. All you do is come into our threads and sperg literal autism. You don't even have the ability to create original replies, you simply copy paste your old garbage and maybe variate some words.

Kill yourself. Sincerely, all of Veeky Forums.

Because i go and lift at the gym you faggot. I don;t fall for fake memes to try and take the easy way out.
My testosterone was earned through hard work,correct diet and not hanging out in this shit hole wasting time. Why are you even fermenting onions? are you a gay man?

>You really are the most pathetic shill. An absolutely pathetic person. All you do is come into our threads and sperg literal autism. You don't even have the ability to create original replies, you simply copy paste your old garbage and maybe variate some words.
You really are a piece of garbage who has no willpower and discipline.
All you do is come here and follow some untrue meme that the other lazy,autistic losers follow because exercising is too hard for them.
Kill yourself and save your family the burden your diabetes will cause them in the future.
Sincerely, the Alphas of /fit.

100% fraudulent bullshit made up by some wiener boy in microsoft word.

oh look, the pissed off wiener boy is running damage control now that he's been called out for being a total liar.

pony up some hard proof or fuck off and hang yourself you gullible retard.

I was Promised a 300% inrease

Those are big Balls

so wait half a month to eat onions... how about no.

>correct diet
>not eating a raw onion a day

Shiggy diggy