/plg/ Powerlifting General

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CfVD89rvgxc
instagram.com/p/BcAnEdbHYAO/
instagram.com/p/BbchVT8nOJ0/
youtube.com/watch?v=WYeDpZfzEUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

best belt on amazon? and what kind? 2 prong, 1 prong or lever?

2nd for i miss trappychan!

I really dislike 2prong, I advise against it.
Single prong or lever, I've used both and prefer single prong for various reasons (different s and dl settings, weight gain/loss, belt boner makes it so double layers or lever metal doesn't run into my thighs while squatting, minor things like that). Lever is also good though, many people prefer it.

Have heard good things about quick release belts but never used one.

Is it possible to get 19" arms naturally?

easy if you get very fat

1 prong is going to be your most reliable.
2 prong is a pain in the fucking ass to get on and off
lever is a really solid option but has more of a chance to break than 1 prong due to more moving parts

>2nd for i miss trappychan!
I miss strong, straight males in this general.

w2d1 c6w, really happy with today's training session, had not eaten as much as I should have so very happy with 9 reps. Think I had the 10th in me even.

Does it look alright? it feels very much like I am starting to good-morning it, but it doesn't look so bad to me, feels worse.
youtube.com/watch?v=CfVD89rvgxc

Quick release is the shit. Easy to put on, easy to get off. People in my gym don't like them, but they put them on wrong.

I like my quick release a lot, my only complaint is that I can't crank it as tight, as easily, as I could a lever.

I like how you squat. :)

I'm also a lever user. I really like it and couldn't imagine using a prong belt. However, if you often gain/lose weight, consider a lever belt. I have a buddy who swears by prong belts but his weight regularly fluctuates like ~20 lbs.

Personally think you're dropping a bit fast, but if you feel tight I suppose it's alright. I get what you mean by it feeling like a good morning, but really, it's just that the rep is hard enough that you can't explode the entire way up. So just keep up the good work.

So I was fucking aroundwith breathing on warmup squats and snapped my shit up. Not the first time I had this kind of injury, slight disc slippage, Im taking tommorow off , but I really dont want to take a week. Lower left part of spine, I can feel it on my left leg. Im planning on taking it easy while training and icing it. Can this proactively help injury?

Divebombing, Knees collapsing to the point you're making elvis blush, and you're pushing your ass out rather than going up and down.

On the bright side the bar is flying up and you have really nice depth.

Disc don't get iced. So no you won't help it if it is a disc.
Taking 1-2 days off is fine but best is working on your technique.

Rare livia thread CMON

t. Rafael's biggest orbiter xD

That would be sean

UMA

Go measure your vertical jump.

No its isley

Thanks for the feedback

Who are dominant powerlifting girls more attracted to? Men stronger than them? Men of similar strength? Weaker men? Or skinny guys who don't lift?

Why would you think asking in a thread for men in a website that caters to the autistic will give you a good answer?
Here i'll give you a typical r9k/fit answer, they're attracted to CHAD who does SS and outotals you while YOU do SHEIKO

Where do you suppose I should go for a better reply?

>Who are dominant powerlifting girls more attracted to?
They're attracted to other women, or to men that are like their absentee fathers.

Ask female powerlifters at usapl nationals to fill in a question form.

Chad doesn't do SS. He does his own routine he made up with no prior knowledge or help and looks better than you, weighs more than you, is leaner than you, is stronger than you and is nattier than you.

you're hitting a little too close to home there, guy

>Chad doesn't do SS. He does his own routine he made up with no prior knowledge or help and looks better than you, weighs more than you, is leaner than you, is stronger than you and is nattier than you.

And he has a 20"+ vertical jump.

>9 reps
pleb do all 10

Don't forget in less time than you as well.

Fucking anywhere is better than here, even leddit will have more well adjusted females.
My bad, that's probably more accurate for the Chad boogeyman

that sounds like me tho :)

Done a 180kg front squat, lads.

instagram.com/p/BcAnEdbHYAO/

>crossed arms

Is there room for another tripfag on /plg/, lads?

Damn, nice. What is your bodyweight?

Only if your vertical is 20" or higher. And you can't be a tranny.

99kg at mo.

Noice

Not a tranny and don't know my vertical. My squat is decent tho so it's gotta be over 20" I would assume

Good job, Slim

If you offer good advice or make a nice target you're welcome

pretty fast lad

hearty kek at username, damn I am easily entertained these days. mirin FS itself, thanks for making me feel inadequate

A 20" vertical is so fucking bad holy shit

>moving faster than my 100kg squat
:(

Hello lads. What did you train today?

fuck off you're not my king

>squats 190 for reps
>benches 110x1
Why?

this guy beat me too it, fuck off

you really let yourself go huh`?

Be grateful my guy. Being a lanklet powerlifter is no fun at all.

plz be cute anime girl

Shoulder AIDS a lot of the time.
I benched 140kg again 2 weeks ago though...
instagram.com/p/BbchVT8nOJ0/

Why are you so beaten up lad ?

What program do you guys run for powerlifting? I've had good success with RTS by Mike Tuchscherer but it's only 9 weeks, I want something with a longer span but I'm not edumacated enough to write my own programs.

If I'm working out 4x per week, but not eating enough to gain weight, maybe even losing a bit. Could this lead to me being tired as fuck all the time?

I was out of breath and my throat hurt

Unfortunately, no

fuck off you attention whoring faggot

Depending on your volume, rate of weightloss and how fat you are , yes it easily could. Try a reload week with surplus calories that should solve it.

wew lads I had serious bad Norman khanarreaha at work today

I mean Norman khan was just SPEWING out of my ass like pure
Liquid WEEW

It was messy

Sorry I couldn't give a live play by play but I was about to shit my pants so I had to hurry and forgot my phone as a result

Nice blog

Yes.

>TM 4x per week with added volume
>not gaining, just lost 1kg in like a month
>very low bodyfat

Have I been feeling like shit for the past 3 years because I wasn't eating enough? God damnit. 'Eat more' turns out to be top-tier advice. I'm going to be shoveling oats down my throat from now on.

Are you norwegian user? Hows the new cycle treating you? I thought your max had increased more?
Also your style of squat reminds me of Justin Lascek

How much do you weigh ? If you're underweight that could be the reason

If you weigh less than 200 lb then you are doing things wrong.

I am one of them. I did 180 for 3 reps, so calculated ma was 190 so that is what I am working from now in the new cycle. Probably could have gotten 4 reps, but I was fatigued when I did the test and felt like shit.

Anyway, new cycle is feeling really good. Went into it fully rested and smashed week 1. Also done som jumping, because I found out it is very fun and I am kind of good at it. I know that I will travel home just before this cycles test so I will probably use that as an excuse to take an extra rest day before testing this time.

This guy you mean?
youtube.com/watch?v=WYeDpZfzEUY

I see the similarity, yeah, pretty funny

154 at ~6 feet, I know I'm light, but I'm not really skin and bones underweight either.

pls be kgs

That's in pounds, trying to get to 190

You need to gain weight, there is no reason to be that light. Even 190lbs is very light. Post body, I'd like to see how 154 looks like at 6 feet, I'm 6 feet myself so would like to compare

>154
xddd I weight more at 5'6 and I'm still a twink

I've got long standing shoulder issues.

I think bad patterns/movement compensations from spending years as a silver service waiter carrying big heavy trays of food or stacks of plates (one of the older guys who'd been doing it years had developed one trap significantly larger than the other) before running SS with no back work for months just fucked me up before I'd really got going. Then I've only really treated the symptoms instead of figuring the cause out up until recently.

As for the hips, just training beyond my recovery capacity I think, not paying enough attention to volume, or the warning signs from little niggles.

> but I'm not really skin and bones
m8 you are not in the right mental state to be making those statements
im a bit more than that at 5'6 and im nowhere near fat
you are mos definitely skin and bones

I know I'm too light
>started at 116 like 5 years ago
>got up to 160
>got stressed out and went down to 127
>now hanging around 154

So when I say I'm not skin and bones, thats comparing me now to me when I started.

ha twink

Not fat just bulking

what are some good deadlift variations and sets/reps for 60-65% of 1RM?

please respond.

Come on now, do you not want to be a big boy? Eat eat eat.

You've got your answer already

>116 6'
Youre either lying about your height or weight. I started around that weight and was already skinny as fuck as a manlet.

Yes, yes I do.

Well, the 116 was when I was a lot younger, so I probably grew a bit from manlet to prince of manlets. But from the pic you can tell how outrageously skinny I was. Also, what are your stats now, I'm curious.

He seems like he has a narrow build, and tbf, you'd be surprised at how light some people can be for some reason. My mate is also 6 feet and he is 132lbs, and half of that is his fucking dreadlocks.

78kgs bw 145 bench 162.5 squat 200 dl

Damn man.

So there's hope for me after all. Good to know.

> she's never going to come back

>she's
*he's

>squat fucked for a while
>try all kind of stretching and nothing works
>weighted horse stance holds for a total of 5 mins

>instantly comfy squat

I don’t know what it did but it’s working

Hip flexors, I am 99% certain.

I don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner, I stretch my hip flexors a lot and am pretty passively flexible but this has just cured me somehow

Wish I knew how it worked since stretching or mobility drills never worked

please respond.

CLOSE GRIP VS INCLINE BENCH PRESS

given the following issues, which would be better to focus on as an accessory:

>bench press seems to be the toughest going from the middle to the top of the movement
>slightly more calf/quad activation during last sets
>very slight shoulder sharpness after the last 1 or 2 sets (not long term whatsoever, just for a few minutes)

Why do you never send me nudes anymore senpai?