Passing out

anyone here ever pass out while lifting?
i don't even remember falling back and what's funny is that i wasn't even pulling 100% yet I was just taking the slack out of the bar and filling in my belt.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/il8we
umich.edu/~medfit/resistancetraining/timingiseverything101705.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

video link
streamable.com/il8we

first of all, you need better breathing or to smoke less. try taking some deep breaths while crouching before the lift to oxygenate your brain (crouching reduces pressure it takes for blood to reach the brain, it's why you woke up after you fell downwards), it's simply vertigo

you should probably do rack pulls from below the knee, but you seem to know that from the joke in the video

cut your straps, the universe is making you pass out so you dont trip on them and die

be more aware of your leg positions, you might be locking knees out harder than you want and that can definitely mess with blood flow

what did you eat that day? very low blood sugar can cause this to happen during strenuous activity

Do you use those straps to whip manlets between sets

i consume a scoop of unflavored whey, 3g of free acid betator and 4 cups of coffee w/out sugar before lifting. after lifting i do an hour of cardio so my heart/lungs isn't the issue.
i think i just took my prelift breaths wrong if you note i had to move the bar and retake my breath i think that fucked me up. it didn't happen again after that.
in regards to rack pulls, i'm trying to do the different ranges separately to minimize spine movement.

i highly recommend a bit of sugar, like a banana, or honey, before or during workout so your body doesn't try to use your proteins for calories. protein is important after a workout, less before.

that's a high dose of caffeine too, but caffeine is very dependent on the individual and also one of your cups might be half as strong as what I might be thinking of

breathing is very important for heavy compounds like rack pulls, if you shift the bar, make sure to restart breathing patterns

You might want to switch the cardio to not immediately after lifting unless you are cutting. It will hurt your gainz. Basically after an intense lifting session you glycogen/glucose stores are mostly gone and you kill the rest with cardio, which will increase recovery. Also exercising for more than an hour starts to increase your cortisol levels exponentially, which is bad.

The cardio kills gainz meme Veeky Forums perpetuates is exaggerated, but has a bit of truth behind it. If you are bulking try and separate it from your lifting sessions and don't do it in the morning fasted so you can pad it with carbs before and after.

your body won't use your muscles for high-intensity energy until you've run out of glycogen in your muscles so you can lift heavy for about half an hour even while fasted without going catabolic.
i consume a 60g protein whey shake after my cardio of course and i eat a lot of pasta.
the reason some whey is ok prior to lifting even if you want to lift in a fasted state is that it has a log glycemic index.

low intensity cardio uses your fat stores for fuel, not your muscles but yes cortisol levels are still a concern which is why i'm thinking of having my post workout shake after lifting and before cardio because it will lower cortisol levels without giving my body the glycogen since digestion takes a while.

forgot to add: cardio WILL use your glycogen stores if you have it but you shouldn't after you're done lifting. it's why cardio should be done AFTER lifting, not before.

but do you only lift for half an hour? powerade or something is going to help stabilize your blood pressure, and provide any calories your body needs immediately

again, address that caffeine, because the reason vertigo happens is usually low blood pressure or low blood sugar, making blood rush from your brain quicker than it should during moments of sudden high activity (heavy lift) or rapid movement (standing up extremely quickly)

you even fished out (seized) for a moment after collapsing, in a manner akin to rave kids holding their breath during wippits

Whey has a low glycemic index because it doesn't have any carbs in it you big silly.

yes which is why it's fine to have if you want to maintain a fasted state

Obviously the only appropriate thing to eat before lifting is dried meats, fruits, and nuts.

Because you're lifting in the morning, because you're simulating a morning hunt of a natural man, for maximum testosterone and performance.

You only get your fill after the hunt is done.

>low intensity cardio uses your fat stores for fuel
If you are doing LISS that is a better option than the rest, I agree. You body will never use 100% carb or fat sources to produce ATP though. It is like a slide rule, you will use 90% fat 10% carbs sitting on your ass, but the more intense the exercise the body will shift more towards carb sources because they are easier to break down an convert to ATP since the process is simpler and doesn't require oxygen. You glycogen/glucose stores are finite though so you eventually run out the question is when. You might be fine, but I always try to pad my cardio with meals, just like lifting.

Once, on 5/3/1 doing AMRAP on deadlift. It was a neat feel.

Oh, I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

Nevermind, you get it.

>i'm thinking of having my post workout shake after lifting and before cardio
enjoy puking up your shake and wasting it. take it after or do cardio before

>doing cardio before lifting

yes the slide rule reality is covered in the link i pasted
but your body can't use carbs for fuel if you haven't eaten any in 16 hours which is my case and your body can't use an glycogen if you've depleted your glycogen stores through lifting heavy. so when you switch to liss your body has no choice but to use fat. if you go too intense though that's when your body will go catabolic but the consumption of some whey prior to working out should give you a nice buffer just in case. also, fa-betator will literally inhibit your body's ability to go catabolic anyway which means you'll have a hard time actually performing high intensity movements if you've run out of glycogen.
yeah it feels like a high
i'm in very good cardio shape and i know some people have an issue digesting whey (it makes them feel bloated) but i never have that issue it feels very light to me. plus, you shouldn't be pushing yourself at all during LISS, you should be relaxed enough to listen to a podcast/audiobook which is what i do.

Are you doing intermittent fasting? Cutting? Just curious now.

Sometimes my arms and legs get tingly and cold for an extended period of time, does anyone know what the issue might be?

Frequent urination and fatigue?

Nearly passed out yesterday after last set of 5x5 deadlift

5x5 deadlift seems a bit extreme, even for a novice. That is so much volume/recovery time.

Frequent urination yes. Fatigue is iffy. Some days when I have a poor nights sleep I'll be fatigued and take an afternoon nap. The sensations I mentioned in happen during working out.

i have asthma and sometimes really feel like i'm close to passing out so i get down on my knees.

That's the safe thing to do after a lift
But I didn't even do my lift here lol
i've seen those videos of guys bashing their heads after passing out so i try to be extra careful luckily those straps saved me