post your routine or program to have it rated and rate others
ask all your programming questions here
If youre a beginner, DO NOT make your own routine edition

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/content/what-is-the-best-5-day-workout-split.html
barbellmedicine.com/the-bridge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

been out of the gym for a year bros

Gonna go back and do Phrak's greyskull for 2-3 months then move onto a PHUL.

What do you guys think?

Mine is simple: PPLPPLx

Push:

3x5 DB bench
3x12 Incline BB bench
3x10 clean and press
3xF dips

Pull

4x10 BB rows
2x6 Deadlift
3x10 pullups
3x12 rear delt flys

Legs

10x10 Squats

Daily:

3x12 Incline DB bicep curls
3x12 lateral delt raises

Works for me.

forgot to include my week in OP

Monday
Squat 4x6
Psd Bench 4x6
Pendlay Rows 3x10
Curls 3x12, Tri Ext 3x12

Tuesday-GPP
Pullups, ab wheel, conditioning 30 min

Wednesday
OHP 4x6
RDL 4x8
DB Flat Bench 3x10
Curls 3x12, Tri Ext 3x12

Thursday-GPP
Pullups, ab wheel, conditioning 30 min

Friday
Deadlift 3x5
Incline Bench 4x8
Leg Press 3x10
Curls 3x12, Tri Ext 3x12

>10x10 Squats

just started on Texas Method

VOLUME:
5x5 squats
5x5 alternating Bench and OHP
10x1 speed deadlifts 60% 1rm

RECOVERY:
2x5 Squat
3x5 alternating OHP and Bench
3x8 bbell rows

INTENSITY:
1x5 squat
1x5 alternating bench and OHP
1x5 deadlift
3x8 Barbell row

Thoughts? Really worried by upperbody push is going to suffer but we'll see.

Yep. 220lbs. That's all for me, and I'm fine with that. It's also my weight and half my bench

this is the problem with TM. There isnt nearly enough volume for intermediate lifters so it gets modified into something barely resembling OG TM.

Yeah I get that it's light enough but that still seems...excessive. why not break it up over 3 days to reap the benefits of added frequency?

Workout A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Face Pulls 3x10
Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

Workout B
Front Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
Ab work 2x15/Bicep curls 2x10 Superset (I don’t care what ab work you do)

Progression is weekly 5 lbs on upper body 10 lbs on lower body lifts.

This any good?

Not the routine I'm doing, but I've reconfigured SS to make it more appropriate for non-powerlifters and aestheticfags.

A
>Squat: 3x5
>Bench/OHP: 3x5
>Chinups/Pullups: 3xF

B
>Bench/OHP: 3x5
>Deadlift: 1x5
>Pullups/Chinups: 3xF

AxBxAxx

Current routine w/ current weights.

I know it could do with some criticisms, switched t this from SS / UL a little too early but adjusting to it nicely now.

10 sets of light leg exercises twice a week (24 total a week if you add the deadlifts) isn't heavy or excessive really. Doesn't feel like much either

no, noobie

I think the basic principles are still important it’s just a matter of adding in/modifying the proper accessory work

Dude I have no idea how anyone can grow with this little volume

what is it lacking

then the stress isn't enough to disrupt homeostasis and create a strength adaptation or trigger muscle protein synthesis. 10x10 twice a week is doing nothing but producing extraneous fatigue. Just do 5x5 2 or 3 times a week. Stop wasting so much time, less is more

A novice and only a novice can

Just do a proven program written by an expert

That's why it's a good template, but bad programming. I reccomend Heavy Light Medium templates over Texas Method

Against Veeky Forumss advice Im doing a straightforward 5 day split. I understand peoples reccomendations to do everything else under the sun as a beginner after reading up on the ups and downs but the one thing i saw the most is that over the course of years it all balances out as long as you just keep going. The gym is right next to my work and going in 5 days a week is really helping with that car business stress.

Going with this order as It looks like it spaces things out enough and doing it so far I feel good enough each day for the next one. Keeping it pretty simple with 3x8 for most of it.
The actual workouts put together on this page seem pretty solid
bodybuilding.com/content/what-is-the-best-5-day-workout-split.html

U/L/X/U/L/XX

Meebe swimming on X.

U:

3x1-3 bench (130 kg working sets)
3x10+ barbell rows (100 kg working)
3x3-6 OHP (60 kg last working weight)
3x12+ Bi/tri supersets
Some ab thing

L:

3x1-3 squats (180 kg working sets)
3x6-10 deadlifts (190 working sets)
3x6-10 front squats
3x8-12 Hip thrusts
Usually weighed decline situps or some such

the reason splits are terrible for beginners is because they lack frequency. Novice lifters recover fast, so they should be repeating the same movements as much as recovery will allow. Again, do a proven program and not some routine written by a rando user on bb.com

Which from all thw reading I did just means short term the gains will be slower which is fine. When I do something that targets the same shit 3 times a week I honestly dont feel like Im recovered by the next workout. It motivates me to go to the gym because the part Im working on isnt in pain

and yet roided bodybuilders lift one body part pert week

This is the point of PPL. You have 2 entire rest days before going to that group again. You can work the muscle 80% twice a week vs 100% once a week/5 days, or in your case 7... (5 days then 2 days rest, on top of the 4 days rest between groups)

If you're concern is going to work and keeping a consistent 5 day m-f cycle time why not ULPPLxx doing heavy weight UL then PPL with volume/accessories and a few extra bench press on the final L. Then do some cardio on the weekend, go for a run Saturday/Sunday morning if you don't have a gym near your home. Buy a pair of GOOD running shoes.

Or you can disregard advice and basically going to make the process of getting there twice as long because muh arms hurt.

and imagine the type of gains they would make if they didn't do brosplits

Being skeptical of anonymous strangers is not "disregarding advice", especially when on a board whos sticky and members proclaim disputed information. So instead of just taking your word here are there any studies or further reading youd suggest on doing it like that

Ohp and bench stalled the last month
I've been running phraks greyskull lp for 3 months. Should i ditch it for metallicadpas PPL?

Basically phraks
Sundays rest.
Monday, Wed, Fri: 15 min running, push ups, other cardio, mobility exercises
Other days: ABA

All lifts 3x5, last set amrap
A
15 mins running
Rows
Back squat
Bench press

B
15 min running
Military press
Front squat
Weighted chin ups

(One set of diddlys somewhere in the week also)

No. If your presses stall but youre still able to make linear squat and deadlift gains, keep doing LP on Squat and Deadlift. You can be a novice on one lift and an intermediate on another. As for Metawaheverthefuck PPL, the pressing volume is equal to the pulling volume. so dont do it. If youve stalled on Press and Bench, you want to find a program specifially meant to increase your press and bench, meaning more volume/ supplemental lifts for those and just continue LP for Squat and Deadlift
Something like this

Squat
OHP
DB Bench

Bench
Deadlift
Incline Press

Pin Press
Squat
CG Bench

just an example

Thanks a lot

pls rate

You know what mate. I wrote a response but it would just wasted on you.

Read sticky again then SS. Don't even read SS for the program, you're already set on doing some stupid shit, just read is so that if you ever realise you could be doing it right you will have the knowledge to do it, maybe one day a year from now, on a wednesday afternoon you go, 'wtf am i doing?' you get up from your seated preacher curl and walk over the the barbell at least kind of knowing what to do. If you ask nicely some user might even help you... But if you start talking about your 5 days split they probably wont even want to let you work in your squats in with his ohp.

At least doing your split you're not doing the compound lifts, you'd just drop the ohp on your head, bench on your neck, get your wrists trapped in the smith machine as it traps you doing squats since you're not confident enough with the bar because you forget to set the pins and snap your back doing deads.

Just read SS to learn about the exercises so when after 1 year of doing your 5 days split with 2 days rest on the weekend you have the tools to do so.

I hope your split works out for you company man, when you're on your last set of your 5th tricep exercise on a thursday afternoon and have 3 skullcrushers left to complete your set and your not going to get them out. Just think of me and let the hate build within you and crack them out 'what' 'does' 'user' 'know' 'LIGHTWEIGHT'

This is what's nice about Veeky Forums. You can come back here and your stupid posts don't follow you around, they just get washed away, no ones gonna judge you in 6 months time when you post, just started SS and I have been converted. Why was I wasting my time doing a pro bodybuilders roid routine.

Again...

SS then UL then PPL then after 2 years you can do your split... Or if you insist on doing a split just go to /fraud and get the same advice.

Really failing to see how asking for reading material to substantiate what you are saying is so unreasonable of me. Like the amount of anger here is impressive. Im not against doing other things to the extent that you seem to believe, but I always try to read multiple sources before taking anonymous advice.

Also I was planning on doing the compound lifts regardless as that seems to be the one consistent piece of advice out there.

That said Ill go ahead and read SS though it seems to have such a varied reception with people tying the author to crossfit

Can you guys recommend me a full body routine?

Running PowerliftingToWins novice program after years of doing more complicated and less useful programs. Decided to go for it after much thought about my long term goals and figured I've never tried an actual novice linear progression so why not go for it.

I'm in the "advanced" novice phase and enjoying the small but steady progress. Followed Izzys recommendations and got some micro plates which are becoming very useful on bench at the moment.

Gonna milk these linear gains for as long as possible and continue with PTWs follow on program phases after novice phase ends.

Highly recommend downloading the ebook if you want to know more in depth but for now here is what a basic week looks like:

Monday:
Squat 3x3-6
Bench 5x3-6
Deadlifts 2x3-6

Tuesday: GPP day
Row/pull exercise AMRAP in 7 mins
Ab exercise AMRAP in 7 mins
Curls AMRAP in 7 mins
Cardio/conditioning 20 sec "sprints" 100 sec rest, 7 rounds
Mobility/stretching

Wednesday:
2 sec pause squat 2x3-6
2 sec pause bench 2x3-6

Friday: same as Monday but increased weight by maximum of 2kg/5lb if 6 reps or minimum of 0.5kg/1lb if 3 reps on exercise work sets.

Saturday: GPP day same as Tuesday

starting strength

unless you have some sort of condition or are recovering from an injury or are elder, mobility drills are a waste of your time. in fact dedicating to much time to stretching and mobility can induce a condition called hypermobility, which decreases force production.

See You can find the full post on bb.com

I've been seriously lifting for about a year and a couple years before less into but I've been stalled for forever I think because of not eating enough and not pushing myself enough. Should I do a beginner or intermediate program? I feel like beginner but I don't want to waste a bunch of time.

barbellmedicine.com/the-bridge/

the single best program you can run to get you into intermediate training

>going on that cancerous website
no thanks

Texas Method as a program is garbage, but the concept of training your 90% 5RM at 5x5 to set a new 5RM is golden.

bump

Basic Barbell Program

Stage One: 2-4 Weeks

You will be alternating day A and day B each week:
Week 1: AxBxAxx
Week 2: BxAxBxx

Day A
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Day B
Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Add 5lbs to your squat, bench press, and overhead press every 3x5 you successfully complete and 10lbs to your deadlift 1x5. Deload an exercises weight by 10% if you fail to get 3x5/1x5 three times in a row, either because you can’t keep proper form or you fail to lift the weights. You will continue this until you have to deload your deadlift for the first time, which should occur roughly 2-4 weeks after starting, and by then your deadlift should be about 30-50lbs higher than your squat. Switch deadlifts to 5lbs increases like the others, and switch to Stage Two.

1/4

Stage Two: 1-2 Months

You will be alternating day A and day B each week:
Week 1: AxBxAxx
Week 2: BxAxBxx

Day A
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Chin-Ups 3x10
Back Extensions 3x10

Day B
Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Crunches 3x10

Chin-ups (hands facing you), back extensions, and crunches are done unweighted, as many as you can each set until you can complete all 3 sets of 10 reps with ease, in which case you should switch to weighted increases. Weighted chin-ups will be done at 3x5. As a novice if your BMI is considered obese, then there is little point in attempting chin-ups until you bring your weight down, so do 3x10 lat pulldowns until you bring your weight down. If you are not obese, but not yet strong enough to do chin-ups, then do 3x5 negative chin-ups until you can do at least one. After that, continue to do as many chin-ups as you can per set until you fail, and finish the remaining reps with negatives. If you desire, you may do 3 sets of elbow planks with a focus on increasing times per workout instead of crunches. If you have deloaded twice on overhead press and/or bench press, then consider using microplates (1.25lb weights) for 2.5lbs increases. Once your deadlift requires deloading again, which should occur roughly 1-2 months after starting Stage Two, it’s time to switch to Stage Three.

2/4

Stage Three: 2-3 Months

Monday (Day 1)
Squat 3x5
Bench/Overhead Press 3x5
Chin-Ups 3x10
Back Extensions 3x10

Wednesday (Day 2)
75% Light Squat 3x5
Overhead Press/Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Friday (Day 3)
Squat 3x5
Bench/Overhead Press 3x5
Pull-Ups 3x10
Crunches 3x10

Instead of an A/B schedule, you will be doing a three-day schedule, with deadlifts only being done 1/week on Wednesdays, and you will be alternating bench and OHP each week. For example, week 1 you will do bench/OHP/bench, while week 2 you will do OHP/bench/OHP, and so on. Squats on Wednesday are done at 75% of Monday’s squat to rest your legs and conserve energy for your deadlift. If, by the end of 3 months, you still feel like you can make linear progression, keep going until you have squeezed all you can out of the routine. Once you feel you have squeezed all the strength you can from at least three of the main four exercises, it’s time for intermediate programs.

3/4

Warm-Ups

You usually only need to do warm-ups for primary barbell exercises like Squats and Bench Press, as accessories are usually only done after you’re all warmed up from your primary exercises. A typical warm-up will look like this:
>1x5 empty bar
>1x5 empty bar
>1x5 25% of main set
>1x3 50% of main set
>1x2 75% of main set
>3x5 main set weight
If you calculate a warm-up percentage and it’s less than 50 lbs then skip it (65 lbs for deadlift). For example, if I’m benching 135 lbs on my main 3x5 set, 25% of that is about 34 lbs, which is less than the bar weighs, so skip it and just do the 50% weight (67.5 lbs). When doing empty bar warm-ups for deadlifts, do romanian deadlifts (stiff legged), as you can't do normal deadlifts without some weights on the bar. During your warm-ups, focus on your body’s weak points that day and correct any form imbalances you notice. Treat it like you would a main set; don’t speed through them because you feel silly, embarrassed, or bored. No need to rest between warm-up sets, the time you spend adding the weights for the next warm-up set will suffice.

Resting Between Main Sets

Give your body time to recover from each set so it does not impact your next set. A good example of how long to rest would be to rest 2 minutes after finishing a set if it felt easy, 3 minutes if it felt difficult, and 5 minutes if you failed to get all the reps on the set. If you’re a beginner you shouldn’t need much longer than that to recover.

4/4

lol nice plagiarism. just do starting strength, you dont have to do dinky ass crunches either lmao

also TM but a bit different

Volume:
5x5 squat 80-90% of 5rm
5x5 press/bench press
5x5 weighted chin ups
4x15 power shrugs/4x8 incline db bp

Recovery:
3x5 bench press/press
2x5 squats
3x10 bw chin ups/3x10 bw dips
3x8 seated db press/3x8 bb curls

Intensity:
5RM squat
5RM press/bench press
5RM deadlift
5RM chin ups
3x5 weighted dips

Aye but that's what we're on this thread for right? To NOT do starting strength? For that matter, why not do crunches? They ain't going to hurt nobody and quite frankly most people could do with some extra core strength.

Thank you

heres what you do INSTEAD of Texas Method:
HEAVY, LIGHT, MEDIUM
there is no rigid template and you are able to modulate volume over 3 days instead of shoving into one day.
Like this:

Squat 4x4 85%
Press/Bench 4x4 85%
Rack Pull/Halting Deadlift 3x3 90% of conventional deadlift

Bench/Press 2x6 75%
Squat 2x6 75%
Power Clean 5x3
Chinups 3x70-80% of bodyweight chinup PR

Deadlift 3x5 80%
Press/Bench 3x8 72.5%
Squat 3x8 72.5%

Is stronglifts 5x5 good?

SS>SL>GSLP>Everything Else

dyel everywhere

Upper Lower

U1:
SS: Press / Pull-ups
SS: Dips / DB Rows
SS: DB Bench / Lever Rows
probably some lazy arm work and Facepulls

L1:
Front Squats
Power Cleans
Clean Pulls
Leg raises
Weighted planks

U2:
SS: BB Bench / Weighted Pull-ups
SS: OADP / DB Row
SS: Dips / Lever Rows
Probably some lazy arm work and facepulls

L2:
Cleans
Deadlifts
Front Squats
Ab shit

Progression for each lift is different but since I started focusing on hypertrophy I’m working in the 6 to 12 range a lot more. Generally try to progress by doing slightly more volume by adding an extra set each week for a few weeks then dropping sets and adding load, repeat. Works really well so far but my Press is in the shitter right now for some reason. I was pressing 165x5 during the summer and got 185x1 a few times recently but I’ve been a lazy piece of shit so it fell apart.

rate mine
I always program 4 weeks in advance but here's my week

Day 1
Squat 4x5 @RPE 8
Power Shrug 3x5 185% of Power Clean
Paused Bench 3x4 @RPE 9
Rack Pull Top-Shin 3x6 @RPE 8

Day 2
Overhead Press 3x5 @RPE 9
Halting Deadlift 3x6 @RPE 8
Pin Squat 2x5 @RPE 8 + 2 back-off sets @RPE 7 & 6
Power Clean 60% of Deadlift 5x3

Day 3
Deadlift 3x5 @RPE 8
Bench Press 3x6 @RPE 8
Tempo Squat 2x8 @ RPE 8
Close-Grip Incline Bench 3x10 @RPE 8

Once or twice a week I do arms and ab work along with conditioning (prowler push, rower, etc)

well?

Monday: Chest/Biceps/Abs
* Incline Benchpress (3X6,8,10)
* Flat Benchpress (3X6,8,10)
* Curls (3X6,8,10)
* Flyes (SS w/ Cable Crossovers) (3X8,10,12)
* Hammer Curls (SS w/ Concentration curls) (3X8,10,12)
* Lateral Raises(SS w/ Rear Delt Raises) (3X8,10,12)

Wednesday: Legs/Abs
* Squats (3X6,8,10)
* Romanian Deadlifts (3X6,8,10)
* Leg Press (3X6,8,10)
* Leg Extensions(3X8,10,12)
* Leg Curls(3X8,10,12)
* Calf Raises (SS w/ Sitting calf Raises) (3X8,10,12)

Friday: Shoulders/Back/Triceps/Abs
* Military Press (3X6,8,10)
* Weighted Chinups (3X6,8,10)
* Dips (3X6,8,10)
* Arnold Press (SS w/ Behind the neck Press) (3X8,10,12)
* T-Bar Rows (SS w/ barbell Rows) (3X8,10,12)
* Skullcrushers (SS w/ Tricep Extensions) (3X8,10,12)

SS for starting strength and SL for strong lifts? I'm already used to SL so I shouldn't switch to SS just cuz it's a bit better?

You do realize supersets are a meme right?

If you've done SL for more than 2 months don't switch

3x8 for compounds. 3x10 for accessories

Chest/Shoulder/Tri's
>Bench Press
>Incline DB Press
> Cable Fly
>Lat Raise
>Shoulder Press
>DB overhead tri
>Tricep Pushdown

Back/BIs
>Seated Row
>Lat Pulldown
>Single Arm DB Row
>Diverging Row
>Chin-ups
>DB Bicep Curls
>Bar 21s

Legs/Abs
>Lunges
>Machine Squats (flexibility problems)
>Leg Presa
>Seated Cal Raises
>Decline Crunches
>Hanging Leg Raises
>Planks

The goal is to the same as SS, but I've just altered it so that more emphasis is on the upper body, so that T-Rex mode won't be an issue.

Gonna be trying this next week

Thoughts? I heard it's good for aesthetics

that looks like a miserable amount of volume

Forgot picture

Add chin-ups or cable rows on Wednesday

monday:
OHP 6X5
rows 3x12
trap bar dead lift 4x10

friday:
bench press 10x3
preacher curls 5x10
trap bar deadlift 4x10

started lifting 2 months ago. still working on finding a routine I like.

Not bad if you want SS without power cleans, but look into practical programming 2nd edition, they have something similar in it.

>doing chin-ups every workout

Madcow:

Monday:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Row 5x5

Wednesday
Squat 4x5
OHP 4x5
Diddly 4x5

Friday:
Squat
3x5, 1x3, 1x8
Bench
3x5, 1x3, 1x8
Row
3x5, 1x3, 1x8

I also do cardio once a week and include dips, curls and pull ups at least twice a week.

U1L1xU2L2xx
U1:
Bench 5x3-5
BB Rows 3x5
OHP 3x3-5
Pull-ups 3x5+
Incline DB press 3x8+
EZ Bar Curls 3x10+
Skullcrushers 3x10+
L1:
Deadlifts 4x5
Squats 3x5
Standing Calf-Raises 2x20
Leg Press 3x8+
U2:
Incline Bench 4x8+
One-Arm DB Rows 3x8+
DB Shoulder Press 3x8+
Incline DB Curls 3x10+
Flat DB Flys 3x8+
Lat Raises 3x8+
Supported Rows 3x8+
L2:
Front Squats 4x8+
DB Lunges 4x8+
Leg Extensions 3x10+
Leg Curls 3x10+
Seated Calf-Raises 4x15
I go for a 5km run on my first rest day and a 10km run on my second

gavin pls go
Tm lets you make improvements every week.
As this slows down then you can move into a HLM system, i currently use this too.

>bench once a week.
>dyel everywhere

Push

Flat bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Incline bench 3x5
side Lateral raises 3x12
Overhead triceps extension
rope pushdown
shrugs
+ abs (c. crunch, hanging leg raises)

Pull

Barbell Rows 3x5
Lat pulldowns 3x12
Seated B. Rows 3x8
Face-pulls 3x12
Barbell Bicep Curls 4x12
Hammer Curls 3x12
Diddly 3x5
+ obliques (russian twist)

Legs

Barbell Squats 4x6
Leg Press 3x8-10
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x12
+ abs (c. crunch, hanging leg raises), ab accesories go ABABAB

Should I change squats to 4x5/3x5? I want maximum strenght gains on those.

>bench press 10x3
>Beginner.
should get more volume as a beginner.

my program follows this ABABCDx setup.
A: Power Snatch 6x3, Power C&J 6x2, Snatch Pull 6x3 , FSquat 4x5+1x4

B1: FSquat 6x3, Snatch 6x2, Snatch Pull 6x3 , Light Power Clean and Jerk x2

B2: Clean and Jerk 6x2, Clean Pull 6x3, Light Power Snatch x2, Back Squat 6x3

C: Light Power Snatch 4x3, Light Power Clean and Jerk 4x2, Light FSquat 4x3

D1: FSquat PR, Light Power Snatch x2, Light Power Clean and Jerk x2

D2: Heavy Snatch x2, Heavy Clean and Jerk x2, Clean Pull 6x3, Back Squat 6x3

monday/wednesday is B1 in the morning and B2 in the afternoon.
tuesday/sat/sun is A.
thursday is C.
friday is D1 in the morning and D2 in the afternoon.

Im pretty sure rippetoe wrote that program minus the crunches and back extensions because he doesnt believe the row is a good replacement for the clean in ss.

Its blohos routine, he intended it for people who are young and want to do more volume than is on SS and admits himself that it has a small target audience. I agree novices need less volume though, even a more minamalistic program like CAMBs beginner routine and Reg parks novice routine have more volume than a lot of people can handle

Is blaha bullshitting when he says reg parks novice routine needs more posterior chain work? Im pretty sure squatting every day and deadlifting every 2nd day would be enough for a novice.

If you haven't achieved at least 1/2/3/4

DON'T MAKE YOUR OWN PROGRAM

PLEASE

GOD

JUST
FUCKING
DON'T

FOLLOW SL
FOLLOW GREYSKULL
TEXAS METHOD

JUST PLEASE DON'T MAKE YOUR OWN PROGRAM WHY DO FUCKERS ALWAYS DO THISSSSS

What do if you are going to be on light lifting duty for a month or two due to transplant?
Just very very light weight with a lot of reps?
I don't want to lose strength or muscle. Been lifting for three years. Year one Ss -> year two 5/3/1 BBB -> year 3(current) 5/3/1+ 3×5.
Lost and losing a lot of motivation lately, not just for the gym, but for everything. Only been getting to the gym one or two times a week. Haven't progressed in weights for any of my third year. Diets shit. Probably not hydrating enough.
5'7 at 160lbs. Haven't gained or lost weight in months.
Maxs are 270lbs squat(used to be 300lbs)
345lb dead
200lb bench
135lb press
45lb chin/pull-up.

IDK, what's going on with me or why I don't want to do anything anymore.
No video games.
No porn.
No friends.
No hobbies.
No nothing.
It's like I want to just want to lay in bed and watch YouTube all day and stop existing.

I had goals. But I just don't follow them anymore I guess.
Maybe I'm just in a rut.

I usually do 3x6-10 with the same weight for example I do 9,7,6 reps with 50 kg then work myself up to 10,10,10 reps, then increase weight next workout

About the lifting stuff:
Choose your rep number like 12
Train every muscle twice per week
Do sets across
Adjust number of sets for optimal progressive overload
...and thats about it I guess

Now about your life problems:
See a professional, don't be an idiot. You won't find your answers online, your brain just isn't functioning correctly and you need medical help

Honestly I would do a ppl skipping the second leg day. Reddit had a good beginner one.

doing Veeky Forums's GSLP but have changed the rep scheme on the assistance exercises to fit what's actually in the GS book. also added facepulls for shoulder health to offset all the horizontal pushing.

if you're doing chinups or rows you don't really need to do facepulls

bump

Im also checking out SL but the thing that worries me the most among all these routines is Im jusy worried my recovery time is slower than it should be. When I started I was doing a 3 day type of thing and even after resting I felt wiped out and still sore for all of the necesarry muscles. People here say beginners recovery time is quicker but can something like years of prior alcoholism have made my body sluggish to bounce back?

Nobody does Madcow anymore?

Is this the natty limit?

Heavy squats/pause bench/pullups
Heavy deadlift/OHP/db rows
Heavy bench/pause squat/chinups
AxBxCxx

Not lifted for a few years, I'm currently in a position where I can only do bodyweight (with a pull up bar) routines. Had a look at the one on Reddit as people said it was good but I didn't really like it and found this on the site instead. What do you guys think? Are there any bodyweight routines purely for hypertrophy?

Is this a good routine if I just want to bring up my bench, deadlift and row?
I don't give a flying fuck about legs to be honest.

On top of all this I'm doing the 3 day intermediate program by greg nuckols for bench (pic related)

monday: bench, barbell row 3x5, curls 3x10

wednesday: bench, deadlift 1x5, pullups 3xf,

friday: bench, barbell row 3x5, curls 3x10

>i dont give a flying fuck about legs to be honest
dyel pussy

It's a waste of precious energy that could instead go towards becoming aesthetic.

>no vertical pressing
>no squatting

meant to quote