How the fuck do you keep yourself from becoming totally bored during cardio...

How the fuck do you keep yourself from becoming totally bored during cardio? I have no distractions and i have to run on a mill because there is no park or forest nearby and my joints are too shit for asphalt.

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/the-power-of-focus-stop-going-through-the-motions.html
strava.com/clubs/fitizens
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you keep running on the treadmill it'll make your joints even more shit. stop being a pussy and go run outside. your performance will improve for it

Thats why i'll soon have a rowing machine in front of my beamer

I could have made this thread but for lifting weights
for me cardio is exciting becuase its like seeing how long I can hold on, I keep digging, my thoughts are racing but are very clear, I'm still digging, It's getting harder but I keep going, I'm breathing heavy and everything just fades out except for my heart rate and my breathing

cardio is cathartic as fuck. Lifting is just so so boring for me, sometimes I wonder what its like to enjoy standing in one spot for an hour picking things up and putting them down. I can't stand it.

But asphalt is infinitely worse than a treadmill, which has some absorption to it.

I have that with lifting weights, because you feel like you're actually becoming stronger, especially when you can lift more than what you could lift the week before.

yeah that is cool, I want that. I just need more patience

who is this fluid druid?

Podcasts. JRE, Bill Burr's podcast, etc.

she's nasty son

i put something on my phone to stream, like twitch speed runners or a show on netflix (which lets you download episodes to play later)

Sylvia Hoeks, she plays Luv in the new Blade Runner

Go swimming instead

Ok i maybe a little autistic but i like to watch hype ass anime fights and self insert while running. Like naruto or boku no hero. I legit can sprint a 4 minute mile cuz im so absorbed in the show

>bored during cardio

Obviously not boxing a heavy bag son

I dont understand how people CAN get bored doing cardio; even my 18 mile long runs are enjoyable to me.

have none of you niggers heard of music?

Yeah wel that's nice for you but it's mindnumbingly boring for me

Luv o-o

Does your town have cycling trails? That's how I get my cardio. And don't ride fucking slow either. Keep it around 17-20 mph and ride for an hour and you're good.

Take up cycling.

It's weird. I can't stand to do an exercise bike for 15 minutes, but if I'm actually outdoors going somewhere on a bike, I can go all fucking day.

>not trail running
Found the soyboy.

I live in the netherlands, senpai. It's heavily urbanized and completely flat.

How do you become bored while running? If you are not focused on your cadence, breath, heart rate, etc., then you are running wrong. It woukd not surprise me that you got to always run fast while heelstriking and having a shitty low cadence.

Maybe move out of your shitty country then.

I do focus on those things, and that is what makes it so boring. I'm just thinking of "oh great, 30 minutes more of this shit"

Yeah, sure you do...not. You just admitted that you focused on time. You never focus on time. Ever. That's why it's agonizing slow for you.

>my joints are too shit for asphalt.
Stop heelstriking and you'll notice the difference in no time.

I actually have really bad posture problems due to torticollis.

>Is that my daughter in there

My secret is that I don't. It's boring as fuck every time I do it. But I throw on my headphones and do it anyway.

Best way to cope with cardio I've found is to listen to a podcast and focus on that. Just pretend my primary activity is listening to the podcast and I happen to be jogging.

You know you're going to hell right

Listen to audiobooks

And why is that?

I want to start running properly.
I did a run a 6 days ago running on grass for about 30 minutes.
First time in years I did it and my legs died the next day and the next 3 days it hurt to walk.
Gonna do it today what do I stretch and warm up.

Make yourself die. If it's easy go faster or steeper

You should swim instead.
I think it would be a better skill to have for the future.

bodybuilding.com/fun/the-power-of-focus-stop-going-through-the-motions.html

because you have to do this for an HOUR OR MORE

fucking incredibly mindnumbing

Threadly reminder lads: strava.com/clubs/fitizens