What is /fast/?

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS NOT ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

HOW TO START SNAKE DIET FATTY
youtube.com/watch?t=12s&v=2vz_U8kxDlg

Other urls found in this thread:

brouwland.com/en/our-products/brewing/brewing-adjuncts/mineral-salts/d/potassium-chlorid-100-g
youtube.com/watch?v=3BgSJL8uCh0
youtube.com/watch?v=AgTGAPz-1M0&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for avocadofag is always wrong and snake potions are a 1:1:1 ratio

>fasting for 48 hours
>at work
>almost blackout

>next day get sleep paralysis
>can't move

k, the fug guis

Brew the potions.

I got trapped in between jobs no family or friends or soup kitchen and went two weeks without a bite, ate at a buffet, then went another almost three weeks, ate some ramen noodles, went another two weeks and ate the buffet again, went another two weeks until I was sleeping 20 hours a day and walked a couple miles to the emergency room
They did blood work and basically didn't believe me because they said everything was normal, game me some peanut crackers and kicked me out
Altogether lost about 70 pounds starting at 6'1 180 skinnyfat
Finally got a job and it's about a year later and I'm back at ~175 low bf
Not sure if there's anything to learn from it all but the faggot above me that can't handle two days is a joke

Why does my throat hurt

Because you don't have enough salts.

Does snake juice taste like shit?

Yes

>Does salty water taste shit?

What do you think? No one's drinking it for the taste.

It did at first but now I love it. Water without salts taste so bland

that dudes crazy if someone sees him taking drugs hes fucked

Who

Ok, /fast/. I'm going to start this. Any feedbaco would be appreciated.

>6'2
>250
>Dropped 90 lbs since being mega fat peak 2 years ago, but the weight loss has slowed recently and I think I need fasting to break through for the final push

My plan, after lurking these threads and watching these videos, is as follows:
>48 hour fast starting right now
>will brew the snake potion as directed
>after this is complete I will settle in to an every other day fast, ~1500 cals per day on eating days with low carbs, and only snake potion on off days.

Does this sound feasible and healthy? I lift weights 4 times per week.

What should I do to diminish muscle loss as much as possible during a 7 day water fast?

I already have done 4 days.

Does that 28 fasting day thing work?

Can someone compare the pros and cons of OMAD vs ADF for me?

From what I see ADF has a longer fasting period but you can end up overeating because of the larger feeding window.

Also, which one is better for your social life?

I weigh 345lbs. Down from 388. I thought I was down to 340 but apparently my scale was off.

I've been losing weight successfully but just eating less is way too slow. Exercise is not viable because I'm too depressed and unmotivated. Currently torn between killing myself and starting a fast.

Fasting has never worked for me before because I'm too much of a gutless pussy and am so fucking fat and greedy my spoiled ass can't go without food for even one day.

I guess I might as well try again, since even if I do choose suicide, it will take me some time to man up and get around to buying a gun. Maybe I'll do better this time and actually make it past the one day mark without immediately giving up and pigging out like the disgusting slob I am. I have absolutely no good reason to believe this.

Well, does anyone have even the tiniest bit of faith in me? Because I don't. And with that said, let's fucking do this.

Pic related: not me

>From what I see ADF has a longer fasting period but you can end up overeating because of the larger feeding window.
Combine it with OMAD

You can send me a message to my throwaway email [email protected] and we can find a way to talk to each other.

Everytime you feel unmotivated you can hit me up and I will help you with the fast the best I can.

I've been through some heavy depression before so I know how you feel. Will be a pleasure to help.

Why the FUCK would you do stupid meme shit like that? Are you a woman or something? I'd unironically suggest you kill yourself but i see you're already working on it.

You do know that you are on a /fast/ thread right?

I actually hadn't realized that until after posting, but that doesn't change my question, really.

Why the fuck are you guys doing this, jesus. Intermittent fasting i get, but starving yourself for weeks? It's like you want to fuck yourself up.

Sounds good. Im at 250lbs too but Im manlet (5'11). You could also fast whole month and then bulk rest of the winter. Thats my plan anyway. You got what,50lbs to lose? You could do that easily. But your plan is good too

Workout.
Muscle loss is minimal on water fast. Its highest during first few days before you enter keto

Yea.great results if you can stick with it

I'm so tired of fucking dieting, man. I've been fitnesspal tracking for literally years now. It's time to just knock this fat off and prepare for a bulk. I'm already pretty strong from lifting. I imagine 40 pounds will get me a six pack.

Sure, water fasting for more than 30 days can kill someone, but 7 days is nothing.
We usually have our electrolytes in check so we are never lacking anything, even though we are not eating. Electrolytes is all you need and maybe some vitamin pills here and there.

Unless the person has VERY LOW body fat %, fasting is safe if done properly.

I could explain to you in more details how fasting is beneficial and safe but all the info you need is on OP's post.

tl;dr: Fasting is safer than you think. If you wanna know more see OP's post.

Thanks, user
any tips on frequency, volume and intensity I should be doing while doing the fast?

Muscle loss is a meme.

Also, protein is not just muscle, it's excess skin cells like scar tissue and other cells your body decides it doesn't need anymore. Look into autophagy.

Your body is smart enough to preserve as much muscle mass as possible if it ever wants you to hunt for food again.

How stupid would the design of a human be if you made fat reserves just so you didn't use them when actually needed and preferred muscle. Whoever came up with this shit clearly was retarded.

If fasting is catabolic and eating is anabolic, is fasting bad for bulking?

How can you have negative 5 days of fasting?

yes, low volume, medium to high intensity. Listen to your body, focus on the best you can do without feeling like shit.

It's called eating normally and at day 0 the fast starts. Use your brain.

It's very kind and brave of you to offer and to put yourself out there like that but I'm basically too much of a faggot. One on one support from someone who cares may well be what I need but I ain't ever getting it because that shit is way too intimate and terrifying. I can't be vulnerable.

It would be pretty funny if I gained more weight and died of heart failure for pretty much no reason except that I refused to let anyone help me.

13h in my first 48h fast I and I already want to off myself.

Will it get any better?

1st day is the worst. When you wake up on day 2, you're in the clear until your muscles start to flatten and you gobble up a loaf of bread in body dysmorphia induced panic

Then stop eating if you are sick of dieting. Would you rather suffer for months or be done in one?
Btw any loose skin?

Hey guys, looking for some advice.

What I am thinking of doing is eating Omad keto during the week, so Monday to friday and then water fasting until I eat again on Monday. Is there any problem with That? Or would it just be pointless?

Yep. I'm fully on board. So far, no loose skin at all.

No problem with that

If you're planning on killing yourself at least be a man and try to do it by starving. I'm legit serious that when you stop being a fatass and start looking like a functional human you're gonna give up on the idea. If you don't at least you lost the weight.

I just posted this in the last thread, I'm a fag and didn't see the new one, sry.

Anyway, the shops around here don't sell potassium (maybe they do, I couldn't find it) and I came upon a brewery store. For Anons who have trouble finding potassium brewery stores might be a place to look.
brouwland.com/en/our-products/brewing/brewing-adjuncts/mineral-salts/d/potassium-chlorid-100-g

first day was hell for me, i felt a little bit of hunger on second day too, mainly in the morning. I ascended to a superior plane on day 3 and felt no more hunger. Btw it was a dry fast.

This

Good luck user. I want to be done with fasting next month too. I will break my fast twice tho. One time for my birthday and then for christmas. I lost 28lbs so far this montg and that was with way too many refeeds and with being mostly inactive. You will lose your 40lb probably within 3 weeks

kys by starvation. Keep us updated.

forgot pic.

that ain't gonna happen anytime soon even if he tries real hard. Fatasses trying to kill themselves by starvation is the same as trying to neck yourself by using a plant waiting for it to turn into a tree.

I got my potassium off ebay. Found a seller selling NoSalt and ordered but it hasn't arrived. I've already started my fast and am 67 hours in but am just using sodium and magnesium for my electrolytes for the time being, both of which I already had.

morning /fast/. starting day 2 of omad.
Gonna brew myself some green tea, get dat snake juice, cause i got 7 hours till my next meal.

>omad

nigga i just hope you did a 48h+ fast before your weak ass sauce omad that won't get you anywhere, fatty.

>1500 calories per day on eating days

If you're fasting, counting calories and limiting your diet will do more harm towards you in the long run than help you.

Calorie restriction slows down your metabolism overtime whereas fasting takes a long time for your body to ever get used to lowering your metabolism. That's why on feed days it's a better idea to eat well and to keep your metabolism up for the fasting days so your body will burn through everything with no issues.

Sleep paralysis happens when you're stressed out. Especially when you have a feeling of urgency. Like you can't oversleep because you'll miss something very important.

Don't think it can be caused by stress induced by fasting.

Currently at 37h fasting, probably gonna break it at 48h and then starting OMAD
If I start a high-protein high-fat zero-carb diet can I keep the insulin low?

Nederland?

Koop Lo-Salt, of Jozo Light zout, 33% sodium, 66% kalium (potassium)

>on 48 hours
>go to work
>almost black out

>go to sleep
>"wake up" can't move (sleep paralysis)

What the fug guis

you need sneaker jews

Just wanted to let you know that your language sounds disgusting. Kinda like the sounds that pigs make.

if it will be 23/1 and not "one meal through 5 fucking hours" like some people are doing then yes. Also I would probably do medium protein and high fat

Thanks!

I'm using that now while I wait for my order to arrive. The problem with Lo-Salt is that the sodium is very pure. It misses the additional mineral content which the pink salt has.
My SNAKEJUICE consist of 7 grams of Lo-Salt which comes down to 4.62 grams of potassium and 2.31 grams of sodium which I mix in with 1.5 liter of water. This doesn't leave much room to add any pink salt without drinking much more water.

also, kanker.

Almost at the 72 hour mark and a dull headache that's not yet painful but lingering for a while has set in.
Does this mean I'm too low on electrolytes?

What minerals does pink salt contain then? I've been using lo-salt this entire time.

(Also its Sodium and Potassium Chloride, the chloride also factors in with the weight)

Are you aware of this? Do nederlanders know it? At least you are not belgium I guess

>What minerals does pink salt contain then?
It contains various trace minerals.

>(Also its Sodium and Potassium Chloride, the chloride also factors in with the weight)
I didn`t think of that. How do you mix your SNAKEJUICE?

3 tsp's of lo-salt / day corresponds to what mr snek does with the pure potassium salt and pink salt. Only issue is you need a different source of pure sodium if you want to add more.

Well we also live underneath the sea so our language isn't our primary concern

Godverdomme kut kanker mongool, natuurlijk weten wij hoe onze glorieuze taal in de oren van een vieze vuile gore tietloze van ze'n moeder afgetrokken tyfushoer klinkt.

23/1, yeah. Alright, I'll do that.

I´m actually Bohemian master race Abdul.

True. Guess it will solve itself in a few years

I love OMAD for bulking.

Eating 5-6 meals a day just kept me hungry and tired all day.I got a pretty big appetite for a girl and made nice progress on OMAD.

Anyone else doing it for weight gain?

show moar of butt pls

You first

nice work. but yes, I'm currently bulking, it really nice to just be able to sit down once a day and stuff my face and then not think about food for the next 23 hours or so. also, making all kinds of gains while not getting fat is great

I sell propane and propane accessories.

Looks like you dont even squat boy.No butt for you

I don't appreciate your ruse, ma'am

lol

Guise guise a little help pls, I am currenly fasting for like 36 hours. I could extend it and make it a 48 hours fast but I have to work out today. This is my second 36 hours fast and could be my first 48 hours one. I have no access to "nosat" so I can make the snake potion.

Is safe to workout anyway in a 40 hour fast with only water?
Is cream of tartar a good sustitute of nosalt?
I am a complete faggot who should grow a pair and workout anyways?

What is your goal with fasting?

Se my abs for first time in my life. What else? What do you take me for? Some kind of sandnigger that fast for some terrorist god?

You might be fasting for health gaines.
Anyway, if you have abs under that belly then keep fasting. If you don't feel up to working out then skip a workout or go for a nice walk.

>You might be fasting for health gaines.
True

>If you don't feel up to working out then skip a workout or go for a nice walk
I am feeling good, I dont even have hunger. The problem is that I already skip my last workout because my gf.
How bad is to workout without the snakepiss?

Do an ec stack at the beginning of your fast. It's like cheating

I've lifted after 72 hrs of fasting. Just do less volume. 2x8-12 per lift and gtfo

I wouldn`t worry too much about missing a workout. I don't workout during a fast, I did it a few times and the after effects where horrible doms and I felt like shit.

Still you are not me so maybe it'll be great. The general advice seems to be to keep the exercise short and to the point. Don`t go ramming out reps or go for pr's. Lightheaddeness is something that can creep up on you, you don`t want that to happen while lifting heavy.

This gent seems to be doing fine.
youtube.com/watch?v=3BgSJL8uCh0

It works, you just need the willpower to stick with it.

Snake man says you can put a few tsp of lemon juice in the potion, anyone try it?

no he says DONT PUT FUCKING LEMON JUICE INTO POTION.

Acid in lemon juice will fuck up your teeth. You are supposed to drink lemon juice without snake potion AND drink it with straw (so it wont touch teeth) and then rinse your teeth.

I add lemon juice to my potion but I make sure to drink it with straw. Tastes 1000x better. Almost too good I would be able to drink whole bottle of it in one sitting. And then I would probably shit myself

How much do you add?

youtube.com/watch?v=AgTGAPz-1M0&t=1s

5:14

He does 4 tablespoons in the video but he also says that he does not give a shit how much you have.

I dont measure it. I cant get the 100% lemon juice (not from concentrate) that he is using here so I just squeeze one lemon.

oh yeah and he does it 2x a day.

I dont do his apple cider vinegar + baking soda. I bought both but I cant stand it. The smell of vinegar alone is enough to make me want to puke.

I did this and got hospitalised by my friend after 7 days.

You both sounds like pussies

HEY FATTY

You came to the right thread, now start brewing snake potions and stop stuffing food in your face. Hospitalized from determination is better than killing yourself. Push your limits, you have no idea where they even are.

>avocadofag

[citation needed] YOU STUPID FUCKING NIGGER

What's that? Is it dangerous?

POSTING THE COMPUTER MODEL OF FASTING NOT THE ACTUAL HUMAN STUDY

YOUR BODY WAIST MUSCLE FIRST IT DOES THE SAME THING IN ANIMALS AS IT DOES IN HUMANS.

PEOPLE HERE THINK IT IS STUPID BECAUSE FUNG TOLD YOU KIDS FAIRY TALES.

MUSCLE IS EXTREMELY METABOLICALLY EXPENSIVE AND NOT NEEDED IN TIMES OF STARVATION

YOU BODY PRIORITIZES KEEPING YOUR BRAIN ALIVE ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE AND FOR THAT IT SACRIFICES MUSCLE

THIS IS WHY BEING IN A STATE OF KETOSIS INCREASES YOUR VO2 MAX YOU ARE BUILT TO JOG LONG DISTANCES TO CHASE DOWN PRAY THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME EFFICIENCY IN TERMS OF DEALING WITH OVER HEATING.

IN WHICH MUSCLE WOULD BE A HINDRANCE COMPARED TO MOVING AT A SLOW AND STEADY STATE OVER BLUNT POWER.

youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

Not dangerous. It's stacking ephedrine and caffeine at a 25 MG : 200 MG dose. It makes any food cravings you have completely disappear. It's honestly stupid how easy it makes fasting. I start every fast with it until food cravings go away on their own.

Ephedrine can be bought at any drug store. I pick mine up at Walmart. I buy bronkaid. You just need to give your ID to the pharmacist as its lightly controlled. Look up the benefits, I wish more people knew about it

We are