315 bench

If you can bench 315, how much do you weigh, how long did it take, and what programs did you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/il8we
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i'm interested in this too
i weigh 197lbs and can bench 260 after 4 months i wanna get to 3pl8s already i'm so impatient

I can only bench 295 but I'm gonna tell you anyway.

Started just fucking around, then something like GSLP, then reg parks beginner routine, then the reddit PPL, and for some months now I did my own routine which is basically bench-squat-OHP-DL (one day for each, no rest days) with few accessories, made the most gains on that routine. Been lifting for 18 months. I like to believe I could have hit 1.5/3/4/5 by now if I wasn't cutting, right now I'm at 74kg/134kg/158kg/208kg for reps.

if you drop 315lbs you will die, not worth it imo

3 months. Weight 185. Program was test E 500mg a week for 12 weeks

Is this your cutting stats?
How has your hypertrophy gains been, and do you add on Any accessory exercises?

No pain no gain

Nah, retard gym owner at my last gym did that, just shattered his sternum, didn't die.

We're all still laughing at you, Eric, you stupid fuck.

I started out as a fat ass, but naturally strong due to good genetics and growing up on a horse farm.

My first max into lifting was 260lbs two months in.
After that I’ve been lifting every 4-5 days a week ever since.

I’m 6’2 230lbs and I just cleared 495 on the bench not long ago.

I used to be called bearbro or bearfag here, but I’ve been gone for a bit because my wife just had my first born son earlier in the year and I’ve not honestly thought about it in a bit.

I eat a fuck ton of chicken and don’t drink sugary drinks. Thats about it.
Im still pretty fat desu, but I’m a dad now. I never really intended to be shredded anyway. I however look like the type of dude that scares people. In reality I’m the nicest heavy lifting gym bro ever.

I can bench 3pl8 for reps

I weigh between 290-300lbs depending on whether I've shit or eaten.

It took about 12 months of lifting from a 2 year hiatus. Former d-lineman in high school.

i was 20, weighed 220, and had been lifting with sports teams since 15ish, no real routine.

im 24 now and cant do it cuz im not fat anymore

Routine?

you can't even bench your own bodyweight

One moment lemme write it out

just use a rack

You can't even do math.

Okay for Chest day this is what I do
135x10
225x10
315x10
225x10
135x10
315x10
365x5
405x1
455x1
I generally stop there. Adjust the weights to what you can do.

Chest fly cablex8-10x3
Inside dumbell press10-12x3
(Keep the dumbbells close together on your chest and press)
Incline press12x3
DipsX15x3
Dumbell chest flyX8x3
Dumbell pressesX10x3

I change this up all the time but that’s a rough idea of what I might do on chest day.

Also make sure to stretch out your shoulders and upper back a bit. Try to get a bit of a pump in your upper back to help with bench stabilization

Sometimes I do 405 for 3-4 and skip the 455

Routines can and should be flexible imo

I'm a pretty lean 5'9" 180lbs, I can bench 315 paused any day of the week. Took me almost 5 years to get there. I did all sorts of routines, but higher frequency training is what works best for me.

Do what I said with the weight you can do. 135 barely registers as an amount of weight for me, so start at that feeling for you.

Bench pressing has been the absolute worst exercise for me. Either my technique is shit or I am doomed to bad genetics. I can't break the 85 kg barrier. Yes, you heard it right, I have been training on and off for two years and I can't go beyond 85 kg without feeling like I am gonna die. How the fuck can people do it?

How often do you bench? In my experience people with strong benches almost always bench 2-3 times a week.

I’m the dude that pushes 495, I only bench once a week. Go hard and let your chest recover all week.

That might explain it. My routine is that I don't stick to a single exercise. I cycle my exercises to keep things interesting. The bench press I do around once a week but no more.

Have you always done this? Pyramid up and then a ton of accessories?

Just dump it nigga, WTF
Bench is only dangerous if you're stupid.

Fuck you Jimmy at least I tried, you can't even bench 135 you fat faggot

Yeah basically.
Sometimes I pyramid up and down, then up and down too. On those days I don’t go above 315 and just focus on high reps.

Bump

is this good for bench

a pyramid set of

205X8
215X5
220x3
then max reps on 2 pl8 for example i worked up too seven reps at 2 pl8s then 12 x 185 and 15x 135

>Weight
210 give or take
>Time
1 year and 3 months I think
>Program
Just used my own knowledge + 531 in the beginning

>basically a bodyweight bench... real impressive u fat fuck

Getting a trainee to 315 is the measurement of your programming ability. An optimized program can take the average man to a 315 bench press with consistent improvement. If you're stalling harshly below 3 plates, seriously consider your program. Are you expecting too much too quickly? Are you training the bench press often enough in the week, at least 1.75-2 times, or more? Are you still trying to linearly progress with 3x5, or 5x5? Etc.

Been lifting for three years and don't even bench 200 yet.

Then again I train bench maybe once every four months lmao.

Who the fuck cares about bench?

What are you fucking gay?

have fun dropping the bar on your neck if you ever pass out
it's why i started using safety bars
but they're also great for working the different ranges of the lift too especially doing weight beyond my max just to get the feel for the weight and overloaded negatives

315 is my current max actually. I'm 6'1, 202 lbs. Been lifting seriously for 2 years. It shouldn't take that long, but I have had a couple of injuries unfortunately. You can also get there faster if you don't care about aesthetics and just want to get huge, in which case, you could just lift heavy and eat everything in sight. Steroids help too obv, but I don't take any of those either.

Everyone cares. That's why you posted.

150lbs
7yrs

question related to this for anyone with input: at around what point do you stop going for linear progress with the bench? when does it make sense to switch over to periodization? is it after a certain number of deloads, or consecutive failures after deloading? what weight, or % BW, did people do it at?

>if you ever pass out
why would you ever pass out if you're breathing properly? Not saying i agree with him just asking.

what do you do for chest then?

breathing good doesn't always make up for the blood flow change in max-effort lifts

"breathing properly" i'm limiting to just mean you have good breathing technique, not stuff like you've got a great physiological system or whatever

Westside Barbell style but only do a variation every 2 weeks, and make that variation something that targets your weakest point

Isn't Westside a meme for raw natties?

Depends on how you run it, Louie is an absolute wealth of broscience and some of his methods and techniques have been solid gold for me

same senpai.

been stuck between 185lbs and 205lbs for sets of 5-10.

1rm floats between 230-250. been like this for a year.

at least it's stayed the same while my weight and fat have gone down. 6'0 180lbs.

my squat and deadlift are good, but press and bp suck

dl 460x1 (under/over grip) 415x1 double over
squat 380x1
ohp 150x1
bp 230x1

thats the opposite of a routine.

>Depends on how you run it
Explain? Is the Westside for Skinny Bastards program a decent template to follow? I'm a beginner with a 195 bench and my goal is 315

>benching in the curling rack

Fuck you.

that's a ton of pushing. I'm assuming you balance it out with pulling movements on your back day; could you also post those?

>curling in the bench rack

Who do you think you are?

6'2" 190lbs 18 years old lifting for about a year and a half seriously, started from Auschwitz. I did 300 for 1 rep 4 weeks ago and was injured 1 week before I was going to max at 315. Programs i used were SL 5x5, Reddit PPL and Smolov Jr for bench. Once I plateaued on SL I went to PPL, once I plateaued on that I went to smolov jr. Smolov Jr got my bench from a 245 in May to 300 about 4 weeks ago. AMA

You used smolov for 6 months straight?

195, can do like 3 reps.

It took a long time.

Off and on, 3 weeks on 1 week off.

post body fatass

stop it

STOP THE DEJAVU

No program 180lb. Honestly i just start my chest workouts with benching, hit a heavy 3x3 and try to go up bit by bit. Took me two years

>how long did it take, what program did you do?
"it took a long time"

annoying asshole

it can happen when you least expect it
streamable.com/il8we

did it within my first 3 months working out at the gym (previously built a good base with pushups only). don't see the fuss really, weight went up quite easy desu

In my experience, that's the barrier most people have trouble pushing trough when benching. I was stuck for two months at the same weight, barely raising the weight by a couple of kg for a single set every other week. I changed to a more strenght-oriented routine and I managed to overcome the plateau.
Now I'm benching 115kg for reps, aiming for dem lmao3pl8s 1rm in a couple months

I suggest you switch up your programming with something else. Or just keep doing what you're doing but start benching more often, like twice or thrice a week

That one guy in the background looks like a minature Andre the Giant.

>that's the barrier most people have trouble pushing trough when benching
good to hear that I am not alone. it was frustrating specially that my deadlifts and squats were improving (slowly though but surely) i was plateuing like a motherfucker on the BP.

The biggest problem imo is training 1x a week for the natty. You are taking the gamble that all your heavy training on one day, because if it's an off day you just wasted a week of lifting.

A natty isn't going to respond to the same stimulus as any of the westside guys so if you try to do a max effort day, either cut the reps down a bit or cut the weight down a bit.

Alot of people just max out every week and that's a big problem. You have to go heavy enough to get a response but no so heavy that you are burnt out for next week. I usually do 1 heavy single and 3 singles at 90%.

For the variations, don't go too far away from the main lift, and don't be afraid to do a ton of technique work with the bar. On my lighter day I'll do 10x8 with the bar for squats. It is good to get some variation though. Pick a point you were weakest on that week and do some heavy uncomfortable lifting at that point.

Most the accessory stuff I do heavy at 4x5. I never saw any gains out of the 4x12 range.

How many accessories do you do?
What rep ranges do you work with?

post body boogie

180 lbs 3.5 years

i wasted a lot of time. if i had chance to do it all over again, i'd do starting strength and then proceed towards RTS-type training.

>6’2 230lbs
>495 on the bench
You didn't mention the juice you lying fuck.

>Weight
210 lbs at 6'5" tall as of today, 240 at my best maximum bench press
>How long
3 years of high school lifting to hit 3pl8, another 2 years of college to hit 360 which was my max
>Programs
Football and ski racing coaches made them for me. I would have to say D1 college football weight training was some of the hardest shit I have ever done, but it made me strong as fuck. Now I look like a complete dumbass though because my chest, while strong, is not nearly as strong as my legs and I look like I went full T-rex mode. I can hit 3 pl8 today and maybe a little more but I refuse to do so for lack of a spotter who actually knows what the fuck they are doing at my commercial gym.

I'm 100kg and it took me seven years.

Do you have any of the summer workout manuals from your football days? Or any other stuff from college?

Yeah I have the plans all written down in a journal I kept to keep track of how I was progressing. The days pretty much were:
15-30 minutes very light cardio warmup

1-2 "Major" lifts (Bench, Squat, Deadlift, Power clean)

2-3 "Helper" lifts (Incline bench, Romanian Deadlifts, Leg press)

3+ Auxillary lifts

And we would finish it off with stretching and then a dietician/trainer would go with my position group to the dining hall and force feed us 4k kcal's of chicken. It got me really strong but like I said before, my body looked and still looks like crap so only do something like this if you don't care about aesthetics.

Also I forgot, this plan was 5 days a week with a 6th day added of intense cardio if someone fucked up or our head trainer was pissed about his life. Alternate Explosive leg (Power clean)/Chest/Squat/Back and arms/Deadlift as the main lifts through the week

No I'm just beginning to cut, am down from 112 to 110kg, probably about 20% bf at 189cm. Was always heavy (92kg before lifting) but never really fat due to large frame.

Pretty happy with the hypertrophy gains. Do all hypertrophy exercises with dumbbells. Dropped flys, now do one set twice a week of shoulder press, incline curl, incline triceps extensions, face pulls. Although I'm in it for the strength and in my environment people that obviously look like they lift are looked down upon. Rep ranges 10-20, try to go to failure in one set and do the accessories as one big superset, they're more for the feel-good factor of high-rep exercises, what I want is 2/3/4/5.

So you pretty much did a brosplit? I've never heard of a football team doing a split like that. Do you have any of the sets, reps, percentages?

Oh yeah I also do barbell hip thrusts and ab rollers on DL/squat day, the other accessories on OHP/bench day.

Doing one of the main lifts each on a separate day has worked great for me, I think the deep wisdom is that a workout must not be too complicated and that you're just that much stronger on your first exercise than on your second, and that for a natty intensity > frequency >> volume.

I bench 330 for 5 reps
Did mainly ppl with heavy compounds erryday

>e-statting this fucking hard
Cmonan its gotta be semi believably at least

Bench is 340 at 6'1" 205 lbs; exlardass

1 and a half years diligently and probably 4 years off and on lifting before that. Pyramid work/ 3 rep sets/ 5 rep sets just depending on what i'm feeling for the day.

6’
215lbs, 14% bf
2 years and 3 months
SS for 4 months(properly, I read the whole book)
Plateau happened, switched basically did a mixture of PPL with a kinda of a Texas method style rep range (one volume day and one intensity day)
Pause benching regularly helped me blow through my final plateau that happened around 285.
OHP with no leg drive is crucial, don’t skip that shit

Hit 315 as a senior in high school
Been lifting since 8th grade
5,3,2,1 for reps

I was 185
6’2”

I just hit 2pl8 after 4 months, and here you guys are getting 260 in the same time...

Although I am 6'2" 180lb and only 18.

I've been stuck here for about 2 months as well too user. I can TASTE 2PL8 this is torture

Damn son thats pretty embarassing I guess you could pick up chess or something

Been lifting around 7-8 years. Lots of weight fluctuations, injuries, or a lack of food that left me unable to do upper body for years. For a long time I was under 175lbs and peaked at a 316 bench at 168lbs. Currently around 190lbs and do 330lbs after benching for a couple of months post a 2 year hiatus.

My program was always been just bench x2 a week and add in an accessory each time. E.G bench + incline dumbbell press or bench + dips or bench + dumbbell pullovers. I'd always shoot for 5 reps, but as long as I'd get 4 or 5 I'd add 5lbs the next time I benched. If you're fat or really short you can bench 3 plates within a year. My 300lbs friend went from doing 135x5 to 295x5 in six months when I got him working out regularly. Otherwise, for most, expect it to take 2-3 years naturally.

2-3 years for 3pl8? If my progress is that slow, I think I'll just quit...

Depends on your height, weight, rib cage size, limb length. I have a BS in Sports Med and a CSCS and that's how long it takes most people to reach that point. I gave a general number based off of what I see with people that gym 3+ times a week. Again, if you're fat and/or short it'll take less time, just as if you juice. Progress is not linear start to finish. If you get discouraged after a couple of years of lifting you may as well quit now because squat and DL aren't any better, just higher numbers.

That's fucking dead on for me.

Lifting seriously for a year and 250lbs is my ORM.

6'1" 225lbs. But my arms are long as fuck.

(you)

I'm that guy there. Would it be possible for me to reach 3pl8 in like 6-8 months? I go 5 times a week, hit chest 3 times (varying volume).

highest natty lift was 295 @ 215. Basically doing godmad and starting strength

Just repped 315 for 5 @ 210 doing a modified 5/3/1 but I juice now so really impossible to compare that to anything

Yeah but it's buried somewhere in my closet and I can't seem to find it.

From what I recall, the auxiliary lifts were not typical of a brosplit, most of them were related to the main lifts in some way and all of them were free weights with a lot of compounding. Supersetting was also super important to them, nut I think thats because we only had a window of about 4 hours for 90 guys to get their whole lifting session in, and despite the private athletes gym we have being big it was difficult to get everyone through all of it. I was also a linebacker, and the routine we had was much different from that of an O-lineman or a DB or something.

Yeah unless this person has never lifted with their legs, I call BS. That is lean as fuck if you train your whole body to have a natty bench of 500

I'll say maybe, and I'll also say yes based off your current progress to this point. There's no real way for me to make a finite conclusion as you could hit a wall at any time. Most of the time when people go up in weight very quickly at the start they end up eating a tendon or ligament injury that sets them back. What you're doing is clearly working, so keep doing that, but be careful with packing on the lbs too fast as the connective tissues do not grow as quickly as the muscle itself. If you bench with a wide set grip, as most people going up fast do, be especially careful since your delts and chest eat a deeper stretch this way.

Thanks for the advice. I feel like my grip isn't that wide at all, I rarely even touch the first ring on the bar.

cailer weighs like 215 and has that bench

Cailer is also juiced to the fucking gills