What's the best program for a beginner Veeky Forums? PPL? SS? Please help

What's the best program for a beginner Veeky Forums? PPL? SS? Please help

for the record, I've been doing PPL for a couple weeks, because SS seems way too low of a volume.

SS, but only squat twice a week. Replace the second squat of the week with some core work to be done at the end of the routine.

SS isn't about volume, it's about neural adaptation. The idea is to make your body work more efficiently.

for beginners i would suggest SL 5x5.

if you think its low frequency, do your standard PPL with compounds added

ppl already has all the compounds bro
dont add anything

Arnold split. Legs/shoulders and chest/back. Hit both twice a week

are you trolling me
I can't tell anymore

>it's about neural adaptation
lmao what

Google, nigger

Obligatory endorsement of SS. Worked for me.

DO THE PROGRAM YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Or
will work fine. PPL is unironically popular because it gives people on the fitness subreddit a chance to get their homemade routines popular. Im doing Reg Parks novice routine and am seeing good gains.

>neural adaptation

Nice bait

>not understanding what CNS gains are

OP, don't be scared of SS. You won't ruin your physique with one or two months of it, and if you actually do the fucking routine you can add chins, rows, and curls AS APPROPRIATE so you won't go T-Rex mode. Do SS for a couple months and then transition to GSLP. You can ride those gains for quite a while.

I don't give a fuck what Rip says. If there are too many squats in the routine, then there are too many squats.

SS. Any others response is underage and/or dyel

PHUL

Its like SS and PPL had a baby that wasnt autistic. And its fun, you get to spend two days focusing on increasing lifts and two focused on breaking down muscle.

I’ve getting bigger and stronger through SS and illness notwithstanding the progress is linear as fuck.

If you can get bigger and stronger with less volume do it, it’ll save you time in the gym and it’s less effort in general. When linear progression stops then you switch to a volume-based workout.

The fastest way to get strong is SS. But SS won't make you look big.

PPL takes ages to get to heavy lifts on. Very inefficient.

5x5 compounds with good form; once you get to 1/2/3/4 you can advance to an intermediate program. also, read the sticky, faggot.

Ss then move on to ppl

SS is the fastest way to get to 1/2/3/4. When you get there you will not remain small beta fag. Just do the fucking program and add volume intelligently to pressing when you start stalling after 2months.

makes sense, since you're a fucking dumbass that has trouble squatting 3 times a week