Chicken Thigh vs Chicken Breast

Chicken Thigh is about a third the price of chicken breast in the store I go to (a quarter, actually, but it has bones in it).
The only real ""downside"" to thighs is that they have more fat, and a bit less protein than breasts, but still, that's only a factor if you're cutting anyway, right?

If you're a skelly, there really shouldn't be a question whether to get chicken breasts or chicken thighs.. Thighs are just better price to performance in that regard. Not to mention, when you can buy more of it, you can eat more of it too, which probably leads to better gains overall anyway.

There's more fat in thighs skelly so go for it.

If you (for some reason) do keto then you actually need the fat so thighs are better.

But in the end both are still chicken. Low calories, high protein and the difference between the two only matters in very large quantities .

chicken thighs are fucking disgusting

>when you can buy more of it, you can eat more of it too, which probably leads to better gains overall anyway.
If you can't afford the minimal protein requirements of lifting, you really shouldn't waste time lifting. That being said, thigh is only a couple grams fat difference, it's basically negligible.

Much more juicy and delicious than a dry breast too

ITT people who can't cook.

thighs used to be the most expensive cut of a chicken.
>cheapest
>taste the best
>great macros
10/10

No, the thigh is objectively superior in terms of texture and flavor.

you need to buy a grill

grilled thighs are heavenly

Guess how i know you cannot cook to save your life

They honestly are. I fucking love having 2 thighs with white rice post workout

>tfw whole chicken is $1/lb
>leg quarters are .69/lb
Best deal in the super market

Heavenly grilled chicken thighs
> Place thighs in a gallon sized ziploc bag
> in a saucepan mix apple cider vinegar
> tomato paste or ketchup (or not)
> minced garlic
> salt
> pepper
> cayenne or chili powder
> smoked paprika
> cumin
> a little honey, sugar or splenda (or no sweetener, depends on your taste)
> in gallon bag with chicken add 1 diced onion and some olive oil. Mix around to coat the chicken with oil
> when sauce cools, add to gallon bag
>swish and squish that fucker around
> chuck it in the fridge overnight or for at least an hour
> heat up and oil that fucking grill
> sear both sides of the chicken
> Then let it cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes until temp is 160° F or juices run clear
> Eat that shit, it's fucking delicious
Use lime or lemon juice instead of vinegar, you just need that acid.
Use soy sauce instead of salt, soyboy
Use ginger and allspice instead of cayenne, cumin and paprika for that azn flavor
Or add ginger and garam masala if you're feeling Pajeet
Chicken thighs are god-tier compared to dry ass flavorless breast.

Chicken have the worst kind of fat, Omega-6s, which drives systemic inflammation, angiogenesis (balding) and tumor progression. So, no it isn't just a factor for cutting. Always eat very lean chicken.

>t. Dyel
Just leave, you're never going to make it

BZZZZZ WRONG, I hate the texture of and taste of fat, give me stringy tender breast any day.

I absolutely hate chicken breast, that shit has the worst texture and I can't stand eating leftover breast since it becomes dry as FUCK in the microwave.

Thighs are so much better, I don't know why more people don't eat them.

>it becomes dry as FUCK in the microwave.
There's where you fucked up bucco

jeez billy.
can I get a source on that information?

Depends how you're cooking it. Thighs are great when cooked on a griddle. You need that extra fat to burn away and help keep the meat cooking evenly if you're making something like teriyaki chicken.

Where do you even get thigh meat without bone? Only ever seen them sold on bone and then you have to deduct the weight of the bones to have the clear picture of how much you're actually paying

>doesn't buy boneless thighs
pleb

in flavour i agree, but the texture of chicken breast is the second best of all meats imo, behind just of a good Filet Mignon

>buy scale
>buy chicken thighs
>cut tighs and remove bones
>weight bones
now you know how much chicken thighs without bones costs, you can also make an awesome chicken broth/soup with the bones

thigh for soup and stews as the fat will hold flavour better
breast for tings like steaks butterflies and curries

inflammation triggers satellite cells responsible for hypertrophy
its also why you should avoid ibuprofen

What do boobs feel like

Plus bones for broth boys

sandbags

compared to a well-planed plant based diet the consumption of meat is self-harm

For me, Leg Quarters are like $0.29/lb and boneless skinless chicken breast is $2/lb. You don't even have to do math to know it's cheaper. Sometimes Boneless Chicken Thighs are $1.30/lb

>needs superior cooking techniques to make up for a lack of natural flavor

Ummm, so yeah, like we said, thigh > breast

Kek

breast if cheap
if you're going to spend money for healthy chickens that didn't spend their life in a chicks sized box, thighs are great.

Eating bird food is self harm.

There's no way they actually do, or else you'd here more about people sticking their dicks in sand

This. My friend and I discovered this on accident when he ended up getting a griddle earlier this year and invited me over to grill during spring break when everyone we knew except for us were out of town, and the only meat he had on hand was a pack of chicken thighs. I ended up throwing together some random spices and decided on garlic powder, lemon powder, thyme and barbecue sauce to lubricate it. The thyme came in those dumb fucking jars without a pored cover on it and the entire jar fell out when I only wanted a little bit, but that volume of thyme made that shit the most delicious chicken I had ever eaten. We cut the bones out and left some meat on them to make basic homemade wings out of them to answer on what to do with the bones.

A few weeks later he had a cookout and my half-baked recipe completely blew the minds of the thots that came along and they all kept asking me about it. They were all banging at least one of his chad friends though so I wasn't getting anywhere.

>>all these boneless faggots
Just buy chicken nuggets you wimps