Prepping for 75th ranger reg

Prepping for 75th ranger reg.

Need tips

Other urls found in this thread:

benning.army.mil/infantry/rtb/content/PDF/Ranger School Prep 1 2.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lol

learn the Ranger Creed

get in full gear and do burpees in the sauna.

enjoy your time in afghanistan, sucker

Starve yourself

You dont prepare for this in the gym. You do a lot of heavy physical activities involving your entire body.
Example.

run

then run some more

then run after that

then once you feel tired go for a run

then once you've gone for your run go for another run

after you've exhausted all your energy go for a run

watch a lot of surviving the cut

But when do I find the time for my run?

When you run out of time for a run, you know it's time to run.

garbage
If youre serious, a strength routine is perfect. SS for example.
An actual running plan from runners world.
And dont gain weight, you need to stay lean.

Don't drop the soap

You're going into this with the wrong mindset. Cardio endurance is your capital "m" Main priority. You need to be in the best cardiorespiratory shape of your life, and then double that. Get off the computer and go run.

Why stop at the 75th? Are you an eagle scout and have a bachelor in anything (mainly applied sciences and healthcare).

18X is like the 75th except you get to talk to locals and build your own mini army

During your run

If you didnt hear 75th is much harder than SFAS these days.

run every where need to go do groceries run there and back need to use the toilet you best be fucking running on the spot.

hydrate and do a lot of endurance training

That's a beautiful famas

>You're going into this with the wrong mindset. Cardio endurance is your capital "m" Main priority. You need to be in the best cardiorespiratory shape of your life, and then double that. Get off the computer and go run.

>this

Good thing im a phone poster.

;^)

Yes but keep in mind raiding is one thing. Changing a community to like the US is better.

There's a Fuckton of minerals in tje afghani mountains and itd take a few generations of fucking to make a new workforce to mine it

Oh im not knocking SF at all its 100% awesome and necessary im just saying if you had a choice between option 40 or 18x, the chances of making it through SFAS is higher atm than RASP.

You are going to get fucking smoked tell you can't move then your going to get smoked for another 12 hours. Embrace the suck, love it, let it become you, you don't have a future or a past. All you have is the suck. Batt is not a place for people who don't put out, don't be a pussy.

80% and 20%.
All top level athletes do 80% of their training as low intensity and 20% at high intensity. For you, your main exercise should consist of running and cycling, ideally cross country with some hills and for at least 40 minutes. Aim for 3 times a week.
Your 20% should be very high intensity; e.g hill sprints, battle PT. One of my favourite high intensity workouts is as follows:

30 push ups
20 sit ups with weighted ball
1k blast on rowing machine (aiming for sub 2 minute splits)
20 burpees
10 pull ups
20 punch bag combos
10 box jumps

Thats one set; try and do as many as possible in 30 mins, and if you dont feel like youre gunna throw up you arent going hard enough. Dont take massive rests between exercises, the whole point is the cardio fuckery.

>SS for rangers
You have no idea what you are talking about. I doubt you've ever even served.

explain to me why thats wrong

Why didn't you got in the SEALS instead?

Rangers lead the Way.

Proud of you bro, and I'm not even american.

Jerk off to the Punisher 1xf
Get married too soon then let me fuck your wife while you're deployed 1xf
Lose your genitals in an IED explosion 1xf

Focus on cardio, and body weight exercises, one you get all that stuff down and pass basic training, then ait, then RASP you can focus on be coming a monster door kicker. SOF life is not for everyone, you'll learn real quick if you're not made out for it. Then it's back to the big army for your punk ass.

this

seals > everything else

El U el

Yeah if you wanna be the most badass people in the navy sure, but that's like being the coolest person in the glee club. Plus SEALS are stuck up and divas.

What's the matter guys?
Too afraid of Hell Week?

Do you have a pillow of chris kyle that you show ur penis into until ejaculation on a daily basis?

SAS make seals look like soyboys

SEALs can't into basic Infantry tactics and would be fucking destroyed by Rangers in combat user, grunt shit is a Ranger's game

Literally all the strength you need for the rangers can come from calisthenics\light weights. At no point during training will he have to Dl 3pl8. Endurance is the game

> ITT people that have never, and will never deal with any special operations in their lives spouting opinions when OP asked a legitimate question

OP, you need to be able to do pull-ups, run for fucking ever in kit, ruck for fucking ever in kit, and excel the RPFT/APFT at all times. You will be deployed 3 months on, 3/6 off for your entire time in Batt, sometimes longer. Ranger reconnaissance company is pretty baller, get into it if you can, they do genuine spook shit.

Learn the Ranger Creed, get your tab before you go to RASP if you can, because once you're in Batt you have one shot, maybe 2 if they're having a lull in fresh Rangers.

Edgy

>Literally all the strength you need for the rangers can come from calisthenics\light weights
100% not true at all.
What is log PT?
What is running with a 80lb ruck?
What is carrying and moving boats/equipment?
Having a strong base in strength will benefit you immensely.
>endurance is a game
I have no idea what this retarded statement is supposed to mean but training for strength leads to endurance increases.

Dont take my word for it, take the fucking army rangers.
>benning.army.mil/infantry/rtb/content/PDF/Ranger School Prep 1 2.pdf
>Ranger School Preparation
>Warm-up 3
3 Rounds
6 x DL @ 95 lbs.
6 x Hang Clean @ 95 lbs.
6 x Front Squats @ 95 lbs.
6 x Push Press @ 95 lbs.
Wow its almost like knowing how to do those movements are a good idea. And thats jsut the fucking warmup.

In closing youre a fucking moron please dont ever post on this website again.

yeah no kidding, it's almost like the rangers are built and train for DA all day and the SEALs have a different mission

crazy, right?

>tfw ill probably show at french foreign legion when spring comes
>tfw fucking smoker

Check out the MARSOC short card for some bodyweight shit.

thanks kek seems like ill make it
fuck im really nervious tho, im dropout faggot if i make it ill go into pmcs then

Not him, but cardio is far better for most of that. Yes it is good to have a solid strength base, but notice how none of the weights you posted are even anywhere close to bodyweight. They want a wiry bloke who can run for miles and has physical and mental endurance.
Log PT, stretcher races etc will fuck you no matter how fit you are, but its always the small wiry lads with good cardio who do better than the hulking big bastards. Running with a ruck is usually in short durations because it fucks your knees up, and any long distance ruck running is purely mental willpower, not strength. Every year the Royal Signals has a race called Lanyard, its 40 miles with 40lbs plus fighting order, almost always over hills, and good teams come in around 9 hours. The teams that do well are normally made of wiry blokes with good cardio and mental grit, never huge hulking cunts who are 5 foot wide with barrel chests.

The main lifts you should be doing for elite infantry are squats, deads and OHP/clean and press, for 12+ reps, aiming for your own bodyweight. Being able to bench 300lbs for one rep means fuck all if you dont have the muscular endurance to do a hundred push ups.

>hundred push ups
tfw i do 80 in one set

>but notice how none of the weights you posted are even anywhere close to bodyweight
I notice youre too stoopid to hace actually opened the link and read it.
Those are just the warm ups, the actual workouts have you liftin far heavier.
>They want a wiry bloke who can run for miles
Being strong doesnt mean you cant run
>as physical and mental endurance.
Are you too stoopid to under stand the pic i posted?
>better than the hulking big bastards
Again, no one is saying get huge. Strength does not always equal size.
>The main lifts you should be doing for elite infantry are squats, deads and OHP/clean and press
Wow its almost like thats what SS is
>Being able to bench 300lbs for one rep means fuck all if you dont have the muscular endurance to do a hundred push ups.
If youre 180lbs youll have that endurance. Again grow a brain and look at the pic.

Youre also clearly borderline retarded. Stop posting on this website forever.

>> ITT people that have never, and will never deal with any special operations in their lives spouting opinions when OP asked a legitimate question
>
>OP, you need to be able to do pull-ups, run for fucking ever in kit, ruck for fucking ever in kit, and excel the RPFT/APFT at all times. You will be deployed 3 months on, 3/6 off for your entire time in Batt, sometimes longer. Ranger reconnaissance company is pretty baller, get into it if you can, they do genuine spook shit.
>
>
>Learn the Ranger Creed, get your tab before you go to RASP if you can, because once you're in Batt you have one shot, maybe 2 if they're having a lull in fresh Rangers.

Pretty much this OP

Horse shit. 10-15 fluff pounds is mandatory going in.

It's basically powerlifting/gym shills and keyboard warriors trying to sucker anyone reading the thread into being gym monkies and making people believe that squatting 4 plate will make them into really super strong super soldiers or some such bullshit.

>10-15 fluff pounds is mandatory going in.
Is it retard day on fit?
I said dont gain weight as in dont put on far more than you already are for the sake of strength.
Youre also most likely thinking of ranger school not rasp.

>squatting 4 plate will make them into really super strong super soldiers or some such bullshit
literally no one said this you fucking moron
Stop posting on this website.
And you cant get the tab before the scroll if you have option 40

> clearly neverserved trying to tell someone who has that what they experienced and used to get them through was wrong, even though it wasnt

Thanks but no thanks lad. Also if you think being able to do one really heavy rep on bench means you can suddenly do hundreds of push ups youre a grade A mong. Ive seen lads built like brick shithouses fail after thirty push ups. Fast twitch =/= slow twitch, training your body to lift heavy weight for a small amount =/= bodyweight for a large amount.

I'd say running with ankle weights/weighted vests is a good idea. Especially with gear on. Also just homing in on running and body weight techniques is his best bet.
I'd say some weight lifting is good, but even MMA fighters don't strength train that much and if they do it's highly specialized.

user, everyone has been fagging on about strength training and powerlifting the entire thread.
And 1/2/3/4 is pushed as the IT thing to reach for when it comes to lifting.

If you actually read what you posted. You will see that the says you lift for power are only once a week.

>clearly neverserved
explain this considering im posting straight from the ranger plan
>ve seen lads built like brick shithouses
for the 3rd time stregth does not equal size and im not saying get big you fucking faggot idiot
>Fast twitch =/= slow twitch
i never said it did
>training your body to lift heavy weight for a small amount =/= bodyweight for a large amount
yes it does when you stay lean which is what i said and why the fucking prep plan says to bench heavy.
Stop posting on this website.
And?
1/2/3/4 is insanely easy to hit and you dont need to be heavy to do it.
And? I never said you need to max constantly i said building a strength base is a great idea.

So if i posted an SAS workout that would somehow mean im in the SAS..?

No you fucking idiot it wouldnt be a positive or a negative as to whether you served or not. So you should look at the source of the info as to whether its solid or not. The fucking ranger prep plan says to do compound lifts, im listening to them over some fucking idiot who thinks benching 315 means you need a "barrel chest".
Stop posting on this website and go pick up hooked on phonix.

Infantry fag who shares an armory with SF and has done gay shit in the Army but knows what he is talking about here.

Selection is about mental toughness period. You need to be as close as you can/above 300 on your APFT. You need to be able to ruck/run for miles. Being a thicc 250 lb 5 pl8 squatting machine won't help you. If anything heavy squats will fuck up your run times.

The selection process isn't a secret. You cover a lot of ground with a lot of weight on your back with a lack of sleep and food. You get smoked for countless hours. For SFAS you need to be able to think. You need to be able to solve problems. You also need to be able to lead and follow when necessary.
Being a fat powerlifter who thinks his deadlift will get him through selection is retarded.

Thank you. The lad above you is a dipshit who thinks maxing out your bench makes you amazing at calisthenics and that youre better off spending your gym time doing weights than cardio. Because he clearly knows best.

>Being a thicc 250 lb 5 pl8 squatting machine won't help you
no one said that
>he lad above you is a dipshit who thinks maxing out your bench makes you amazing at calisthenics
never said that
>that youre better off spending your gym time doing weights than cardio
never said that either, in fact said the opposite when i said go to runners world and get a workout plan

You don't have to lift a lot of weight, but you should lift often and lift proportional. Stretch stretch stretch. Run a lot of miles, and remember that until you're in battalion no one gives a shit about how much you can deadlift. What matters is you doing as well as you can on your push ups, pull ups, and 2 mile run.

we're talking about RASP not SFAS

Oh ok. Forget what I said about being able to think. The rest applies.

> if youre 180lbs youll have that endurance
In relation to benching 300lbs vs being able to do hundreds of push ups so yes, you did say that.
Also nobody here said you shouldnt do weights, however everyone has said that cardio is far better than being able to bench 315 because ultimately youre never going to need that, it just makes you bigger, slower and need more calories to sustain yourself. Theres a reason on most tabs and runs on phase 1 the guys who did loads of weights and not enough cardio are at the back sucking wind while the guys at the front are blokes who are good at bodyweight but have great cardio. Again, having a decent strength base is good, but calisthenics and cardio is far better.
If you look at the average successful ranger, royal marine or para recruit, they cant do 1/2/3/4, but they can tab well, run far and are good at calisthenics.

know a guy who graduated top of his RIP (now RASP) class. He lifts for strength a few days a week and then does high intensity circuits. Not that huge but an animal at almost every aspect of PT. Spends a lot of time recovering and eating clean.

That was exactly my point, user. People act like SAS/SEALs are top tier when there is no such thing as top tier across the board.

ahhh, okay. yeah, completely agree, most SOF teams have different focuses/missions so it's hard to compare them directly

CAG gets my dick hard tho

>In relation to benching 300lbs vs being able to do hundreds of push ups so yes, you did say that.
I said if you stay lean and increase your bench press your ability to do pushups will in fact go up. thats a fact, i never said your shouldnt also do pushups.
>however everyone has said that cardio is far better
I never said it wasnt, for the 3rd time i said go get an actual running plan from runners world.
>youre never going to need that
It translate to pushups well
> it just makes you bigger
no it literally doesnt, size comes from using gear. If youre a natural lifter you dont get big its that simple. If you actually lifted weights youd know that. My max atm is 295 and my chest isnt big at all.
>Theres a reason on most tabs and runs on phase 1 the guys who did loads of weights and not enough cardio are at the back sucking wind while the guys at the front are blokes who are good at bodyweight but have great cardio
post a source that isnt anecdotal
>but calisthenics and cardio is far better
for the 4th time, i never said they werent. SS is 3 fucking days and takes 30-45 mins. I never said only do that.
> they cant do 1/2/3/4
Again source, cause id bet my life they can. 1/2/3/4 is a fucking joke that any man with good hormones can hit in 6 months easily.

The main problem in this threat is idiots like you are assuming things im not even saying. Look up what a red herring argument is cause you and every other moron wont stop committing it.

> CAG gets my dick hard though
Met a few of them, one was a complete asshole with a chip on his shoulder (albeit deservedly) and every other one was completely chill

SS isn't supposed to be combined with anything. Lift heavy with lackluster cardio performance. Or stall with moderate cardio performance.

btw SS is a program designed by a retard who advocates for no cardio training whatsoever. Try again next time sweetie.

>Met a few of them
neat-o. were/are you army?

>every other one was completely chill
as far as i know this is one of the traits that they look for during selection, right? they only take good team players with cool heads under stress, and those kinds of people are typically the chillest motherfuckers around

btw are you in the military? Are you SOF? Genuinely curious.

Armyfag, 11b type. Did some neat shit that not a lot of Infantry can say they did, also did a lot of not so neat shit. And as far as Delta's selection goes, I can't really say. I've never been that high speed

>Lift heavy
heavy???
Its a beginner strength program designed to use newb gains. If you arent insanely weak hormonaly you absolutely can combine it with other things. IF youre so pathetic you cant do that theres no way youll be a ranger.
>btw SS is a program designed by a retard who advocates for no cardio training whatsoever
This isnt true at all
but even if it was i said for the 5th time now to get an actual running program form runners world.
Youre a fucking moron stop posting on this website.
Navy veteran. Wasnt SOF. But my ship had seals on it a few times and loads of aircrew. Our base gym also had some green berets working out at it a few times and all groups of those guys were bigger than i was and all i ever saw them doing was lifting weights.

respect my dude.

>Did some neat shit that not a lot of Infantry can say they did
can you elaborate on this?

> this amount of coping in one post

Youve clearly never been in, because if you assume everyone in the military can do 1/2/3/4 before basic youre retarded. The irony is we are both saying similar things in terms of routine, except youre saying 'I heard this so this is the word of God Almighty and u should get off my website if you disagree waaaah' and im saying 'ive actually been through and experienced high tier infantry training and what you advocate as must have is not so'.

Whatever, its up to OP to decide at the end of the day. Last point though, if you think the only way you build size is by being on roids youve clearly never lifted. Ive never touched roids, can do 1/2/3/4 and am muscularly significantly larger than people who dont gym, so if you can do 295 then youre either lying about having a big chest or are doing chest in such an odd routine that youre skinnyfat with small nuggets of dense muscle. Try chest flies m8.

> navy
Opinion discarded
> all i saw SF do was lift weights
Newsflash, the reason that SF blokes are the only ones you see who are big and muscly is because they can also run miles in heavy kit and tab insane distances in even more insane time.

Oh you're a seaman. Fuck off back to your anal den pogue.

Some of it I'm fairly sure I shouldn't say, but I'll type a general story.

> Be early 2010s, company gets attached to some spooks as security element inna African country on a deployment for a few operations
> Air assault in on separate birds, land in middle of fucking nowhere, walk for few hours, sit for fucking hours in brush while spooks go off without telling us where to
> Eventually spooks make it back to patrol base, with two bagged brown people
> Walk to new LZ with spooks, eventually air assault out without ever knowing more about what just happened or who we just snatched

It was neat for me at least

meant for sorry dude

Just doing my duty in Djibouti.

Yeah, sure wanna be part of the fuckers that conspire against fellow service members and kill Green Berets.

fucking kek.

Not quite :^)

Oddly enough, my first Platoon Sergeant had a very similar experience in Uganda when he was still a Private, which makes me wonder how many snatch and grabs we really do

>because if you assume everyone in the military can do 1/2/3/4 before basic youre retarded.
never said this at all
Most sof candidates that make it i assume can because 1/2/3/4 is piss easy and any highschool athlete can most likely do it.
> 'I heard this so this is the word of God Almighty and u should get off my website if you disagree waaaah
No im going off of what the fucking ranger prep plan says. Did you actual read it?
>if you think the only way you build size is by being on roids youve clearly never lifted
no i actually have.
> significantly larger than people who dont gym
You proved me right. Of course youre bigger than people who dont even lfit at all im saying when someone in this thread said "barrel chested", that shit wont happen without gear.
>Opinion discarded
ok so go with the ranger prep programs opinion instead.
>Newsflash, the reason that SF blokes are the only ones you see who are big and muscly is because they can also run miles in heavy kit and tab insane distances in even more insane time.
Do you mean SOF? And like i said they were all big. We are talking about SOF you realize that?
Again, trust the ranger prep program instead of me cause its saying the same thing i am.

BTW you 2 retards committed another fallacy, appeal to authority.
You 2 are very very stupid i mean its getting sad at this point i seriously hope you 2 realize that.

getting that close to real high speed shit must be kinda fun, even if it's spooks

i heard from a buddy who was an 11b who did similar shit but with a CAG team instead of just a couple spooks

Didn't read until you referenced me. I'm infantry. You're a faggot on a boat.

It was a rush really, I was hoping we'd take fire from skinnies but we never saw any action the whole deployment. Did a lot of cool shit, without any rounds ever being fired by us low speeds.

and lmao
> even if it's spooks
Spooks are genuinely spooky, they're fucking cryptic about everything. The briefcase full of money meme is also not a meme.

>Didn't read until you referenced me
right youre stupid.
>I'm infantry
Great?
>You're a faggot on a boat
Again appeal to authority.
Listen you fucking moron i posted the actual ranger prep program from the frucking army website and it includes heavy compound movements in it. Do you trust them?
Did you actually chose infantry or are you so fucking stupid you had no other choice?
Also is that supposed to be impressive? You sweep rocks.

> TFW I'm an 11b that has done more spoopy shit than you ever will and I'm not even the user you're talking to

> You sweep rocks
You paint boats

131 GT. Perfect PT score. You're a pogue. That's it. You can't even distinguish between ranger school and the 75th Ranger Regiment. I'm a lowly non sof infantryman. You're the bottom bitch of the military. Your opinion is worthless.
Are you SOF? Are you combat arms? What is your daily job? What is your MOS? You're a seaman. A faggy pogue seaman.

> ITT: an Andrew tries to convince infantry blokes he knows whats better for training for infantry

7/10 for effort though lad. Btw fun fact for you, Andrew is a derogative term for a seaman because the first man to get bummed on a submarine was called Andrew.

>> TFW I'm an 11b that has done more spoopy shit than you ever will and I'm not even the user you're talking to
So you want to measure dicks?
>You paint boats
yep, tahts why i trust what the ranger prep plan says.
>You can't even distinguish between ranger school and the 75th Ranger Regiment.
?
I can and did.
>Your opinion is worthless
For abotu the 5th time now thats appeal to authority. If youre so smart you should know what that is.
But even so thats fine, again thats why i trust the ranger prep plan.
>ITT: an Andrew tries to convince infantry blokes he knows whats better for training for infantry
Im not convincing you of anything, the ranger prep plan is.

I'll post it here again since you 3 are so fucking stupid you cant read a thread properly and cant seperate someone giving advice vs the validity of the actual advice. Stay stupid boys.
>>benning.army.mil/infantry/rtb/content/PDF/Ranger School Prep 1 2.pdf

So you 3 idiots realized im right?
Or are you so stupid youre still reading the plan?

CLDJ is the nicest place I've ever been. But it still sucks shit out here.

Edgy is joining the marines to be le tuffguy for the bankers while someone fucks your wife
Enjoy your ptsd

Military enlistment general