/FAST/ #42 KETO IS BACK ON THE MENU

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs
youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0U006YZ2w
youtube.com/watch?v=5AGiUFzldwk&t
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://journal-dl.com/downloadpdf/591087a03fbb6e13743924cf
nature.com/articles/nature07349
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5480852?dopt=Abstract&holding=npg
strawpoll.me/14511017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for /fasted/ BTFO'ing of anti-keto muslims that hate your bacon

fuck off avocado

BIG

BLACK

KHAZAR

COCK

MILKERS

youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs

DO YOUR /LATTE FAST/ s

Literally the easiest way to fast for casual weight loss

I'm reasonably sure he finally killed himself, thankfully

This triggered people so I will leave it here.

@1:10:38
youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0U006YZ2w
@46:00
youtube.com/watch?v=5AGiUFzldwk&t
>Balance Studies Comparing Effects of Fasting and a Ketogenic Diet
Gross body composition was compared in seven obese male subjects after equal periods of fasting and of a low calorie, high fat diet. The data show that the weight loss while fasting was 64.6% due to loss of lean body tissue and only 35.4% due to loss of adipose tissue. In contrast, the weight change while on the high fat diet was only 3% due to lean tissue loss and the mean total amount of body fat lost exceeded that of fasting (6.4 kg versus 3.4 kg). These results suggest that although clinically desirable weight reduction occurs during fasting, it is at the expense of lean tissue, which is physiologically undesirable.
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://journal-dl.com/downloadpdf/591087a03fbb6e13743924cf

>Keto

Dropped. Enjoy your heart disease and limp dick.

Again, the liver stores fat and is the first fat tissue to be used up while fasting.

Idk why you ignore this and continue reposting that image.

Can i drink tea / green tea, unsweetened, while fasting?

[citation needed]

Yes

When you stop eating you go through your glucose, then your glycogen stores in your liver (some of which is stored as fat in the liver) and then your body starts metabolizing body fat, proteins and liver fat.

This is basic physiology.

I'm starting a fast tomorrow to get on keto for about 2 months. Any advice for someone totally new to doing anything like this?
Got all the stuff to make Snake Jizz but haven't shopped for food yet. I'm thinking about doing 2 days of fasting and minimal meals the rest of the week. My exercise is light, just walking and jogging for about an hour every other day.

Avacado is adapting, don't fall for his lies

He still has yet to answer me how eating and producing new organ tissue is bad

Again [citation needed]

can I drink artificial juice and tea while fasting? I normally drink and infusion with green tea (yerba mate) and tang juice

see

I don't know why I've never clicked one of these links before. Very interesting. I might just start fasting after I've cleared my fridge. I've only watched the first video though.

How long can I fast until my body needs food again?

Specially if I make some light exercise like running 3km and of course continue my activities such as studying and drawing (the last I do it for 7 hours a day)

Will I be able to perform them by only drinking mineral water for a week?

Retarded OP again.

Calling CICO bullshit and removing Snakeman.

Kys avocado

>stephen phinney

>ignoring people Like Guido Kroemer, Rhonda Patrick, and fung

Pitiful

Thats not fast and its obvious that its you avocado

Wow 7 people really convincing

So how do you explain off naked and afraid then? It's as if they get worse the longer they are off food. Even mentally.

not if there are calories.

No

i love how avocado dropped the tripcode after getting BTFO so many times. Problem is we do not get to filter him anymore.

>Wow 7 people really convincing

No one ever pulled up a study showing it to be incorrect. Everyone just tosses broscience statements at it.Really makes you think why can't someone pull up a study showing it to be incorrect. But the retards here are about to start dry fasting there children because snake man thinks it cures cancer and shit.

bumping myself because 'tism

Reminder to not drink beyond your thirst

i wanna break my fast with mommys milkies iennnn

Dumbass.

w-why?

>recommended similar videos
>kangz n shiet
AI is getting more terrifying.

You're a dumdum if you haven't realized this in the last 5 years. Smartphones are constantly harvesting the data you input and what you see and moving it all around. And if you have use any kind of major online service that info is shared across everything you log into. Now excuse me, I've got to teach Captcha how to identify street signs and store fronts.

>nearing first 48 hours
>hangry

How the fuck do I keep this up?

DAS RITE

Hey fast I'm a skinnyfat who wants to lose the fat before going on a clean bulk. However my longest fast was 4 days and I fainted on the fourth and felt like death so I broke it. Would doing OMAD first for a couple of weeks help with this?

I don't have access to minerals apart from a multi and table salt but I'd like to do a 5 day fast starting this moment, thursday morning

Wut do? Should i just forget salts?

Okay, so I want to into /fast/ and /keto/. Pic related is me. What is my bf%, and how long are my fasting periods supposed to be if I don't want to start losing muscles?

Table salt is fine

Are you a trap?

Are you a boy or a girl?
also: post back pic to see love handles

Hnnnng pls be in London

you could look good if you lifted.

I don't know. Maybe?
Boy.
Been lifting 4 months maybe, and I've made some gains. But I really want to get rid of my belly fat.

Hnnnnnnnnnng

>that hair
Fug I've been growing mine for a year and a half now and I want it to look like this so badly.

post glutes gotta see those gains

cut your hair faggot

>fast from saturday night to monday night
>eat and proceed to shit myself later monday night
>fast from monday night until tonight
>eat and shit myself again
why? i feel great during the fast tho

try eating food thats in date

Jump right into OMAD and see how you respond to lifting while doing that; eat your meal immediately after you lift for that protein uptake.

Keto isn't too bad but if you've NEVER done it before or have never done IF, it may suck getting into. An easy way to do keto is to do plain carnivore and do beef/steak/eggs for your one meal.
To drop into ketosis faster, go for long walks.

During early fasting, increases in skeletal muscle proteolysis liberate free amino acids for hepatic gluconeogenesis in response to pancreatic glucagon.
nature.com/articles/nature07349
A synergism of low insulin and relative or absolute elevation of glucagon levels is viewed as a hormonal mechanism controlling the rate of hepatic substrate extraction for gluconeogenesis
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5480852?dopt=Abstract&holding=npg

Oh, you meant love handles. Sorry, I thought back. I don't have any pics of those because I find them off-putting.
I've actually made some glute gains. Not enough that I'm brave enough to post. Sorry.

Ok. I'm going to start with that. Thanks.

FASTING DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOSE MUSCLE EVER BECAUSE MAGIC AND SHIT.

IT IS JUST A MEME EVERYONE KNOWS NOT EATING MAKES YOU GROW SHIT TONS OF MUSCLE

DON'T LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO BACK UP THERE CLAIMS WITH SOURCES LIKE ME.

>tfw live in new york where just being 5'9 is above average in height
>tfw 5'11
No way I'm visiting Europe where I'm simply average. This is the only good part about living in a le 53% country

Muscle loss sounds like a meme, I've dropped 40 lbs doing retarded starvation mode cico and only lost 10 lbs on my bench max, which will come back within 2 months when I stop.

the pic of the love handles was to see if you put too much fat on there
anyway, the fat focus more on the belly?

But since you are a beginner, I would suggest to you to keep lifiting, but on a caloric deficit. Eat more proteins, but in a caloric deficit. You will still lose fat and gain muscle

strawpoll.me/14511017
strawpoll.me/14511017
strawpoll.me/14511017
strawpoll.me/14511017

>I CAN'T READ A STUDY TO SAVE MY LIFE
>LISTEN TO MEEEEE
you're literally retarded

braaaaaaaap

I'm doing an HOURLY graph of my weight starting tonight

you'll see every pound and every meal and every drink of water reflected in the chart

should be interesting. I want to provide concrete and organized data that shows the thousands of calories im eating within 30 mins arent being absorbed

Jesus Christ someone stop him

Starting a Snake Juice + Water fast tomorrow. Should I have a big meal tonight to satiate me for a good bit into the fast?

Oh and how do I break the fast to get my body into ketosis?

[citation needed]

You expected something else from /fa(s)t/ ? Of course they can't take the meat out of their mouths. That's how they got this way in the first place.

My cholesterol went up 50% after a year of keto

>Eats Keto
>Is a Soyboy
Really activates my almonds

Why would you eat to prepare yourself for a fast?

What the fuck is Snake Juice

The same reason you would go shopping and fill your car's gas tank the day before "Earth Day".

Makes no sense. Just mark the beginning of the fast from when you last ate

basically rat poison

W-wanna be my gf? I'll take care of you real nice, we are going to lift together and I will help you with your diet
pls repond

Show us ur dic

you're literally retarded

Why would you eat that?

coffee and tea unsweetened are fucking disgusting

based on the videos your body is already going into ketosis by day 2/3. all you need to do is STAY in ketosis by eating protein/fat and basically zero carbs

Stop drinking lipton/ burnt coffee.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Someone pls tell me a 5 day fast won't gobble gainz

RATE MY UNDERWEAR

GOING TO BE DOING ANOTHER FAT FAT CYCLE STARTING TODAY.

>Keep getting fatter
lmfao

I got a professional italian capsule coffee machine, unsweetened coffee still isn't good.
About the tea, yeah, can't really get the good one, maybe i should search for it.

shaving and camera quality could help me judge but good luck i honestly wish you the best

What are your guys' goals with /fast/?

>IT IS JUST A MEME EVERYONE KNOWS NOT EATING MAKES YOU GROW SHIT TONS OF MUSCLE
no one is claiming this

I could stand to lose 15 lbs to gain some definition and cut some belly fat, but mostly I'm interested in IF as a lifestyle diet. I've always heard that lower calorie diets extend life and improve health, but simple caloric restriction depresses your metabolism so I never liked it.

>I got a professional italian capsule coffee machine
wtf?
Get a 10$ grinder and a 10$ french press and some beans and your golden. Black coffee is delicious when you make it yourself.

Does the cayenne pepper get rid of the saltiness in snake juice? Trying to make the taste more bearable without using too much lemon.

Started out at 248, would like to drop until I hit around 10%. I'm a fat fuck and my BIA scale says 36%, but I suppose I'll go until I see abs. I used to wrestle so hunger is not an issue for me.

I've been on water fast and lost 11lbs. Using that as a basis let's assume I lose the 75g of lean muscle every day (despite it dropping over the course of 40 days to 20 so 75 may just be peak) that mean's I've lost 300 grams of muscle (10 ounces) and 4.7kg of fat and water weight (10.3lbs). Seems like a fair trade to me.