What the point of having machines at the gym...

What the point of having machines at the gym? The only one that seems beneficial is the reverse hyperextension and practically no gym has it. Free weights are superior in every way. Fucking normies ruining gyms.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=95D7lj-A6tA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

machines will last longer as long as most of the people there use it as softly as possible, which they most likely will do since they are afraid of noise. Also the instructions on how to use it is directly on the machine itself so all the people who don't actually know how to use barbells can workout using these. Basically, its to please all of the people who stay away from barbell lifts. You should be happy, its keeping most of them away from hogging the squat rack to do god knows what dumb shit facebook/instagram whores are suggesting everyone to do

Normies are what keep the gym afloat you brainlet.

>get rid of stupid machines
>more room for free weight areas

I don't see the point

I never considered this but maybe if they werent given a choice then they would have to lift a barbell

That's your fault for going to a normie chain gym, dipshit. Plenty of ''''''hardcore''''''' / powerlifting gyms with barely any cardio sluts or machines if you want.

They aren't any in my area

I use them for isolations.

Why?

>still cannot understand its for the normies

first off, they would fuck everything up. They will most definitely get injured and break plates very early. Also, not everyone wants to do squats and deadlifts. Even a lot of people here on Veeky Forums stay away from those 2 important lifts. And when is the last time you saw a normie learn how to do anything correctly and practice for a long time before actually going to serious weights. Some of them even use the machines wrong

It's quick, easy and allows me to hit one muscle group rather well. Still get a good burn. Faster to hop on the calf raise machine rather than grabbing some dumbbels and standing on some little step or w.e.

I don't do all my isolations on machines, but some of them are handy.

What if I put fun pictures on the wall like the machines?

google "why do people do isolations at the gym?" instead of spreading your retardation here, there is a perfectly good reason for some people to do them.

they will all just go to planet fitness then your gym will close down due to bad business. then you are stuck with only machines.

You can do isolations without machines dipshit

>Be OP
>Go to McDonalds
>"WHY IS EVERYTHING SO UNHEALTHY LOL WHY CANT THEY USE ORGANIC INGREDIENTS"

>"haha who goes to a gym to actually get swole I just use these easy machines"

My concern is reasonable

>everyone wants to do what im doing, its unreasonable to think the whole population would think otherwise
>my concern is reasonable

Whatever faggot just let my thread die

Machines are okay for isolations even if they are worse than free weights. They're more intuitive to unexperienced lifters, and unexperienced lifters make up the majority of gymgoers at most places. Also the seated rowing machine is nice, can put up a fuck ton of weight and not have to worry about snap-citying your lower back.

normies would perceive a gym with free weights only as underequipped, machines are some kind of determinant of decently equipped gym. They barely even give a fuck about free weights, that's why many gyms have millions of machines, but fucking shit bent barbells

Rippletoe explained this pretty well.

Do you think the casual normie has the time or dedication to learn the complexities and perfect the form for difficult compound lifts that may result in higher injury? No.

Do you think the personal trainers would go through the rigamaroo of training and certification to learn the proper form and develop the patience to teach these normie casual gym goers? No.

The machines are there to safely give the casual normie gym goer an exercise while also giving the gym's personal trainers tools that they need little training to use.

Barbell exercises are superior in every way - but the typical commercial gym isn't tailored to the individuals who are there to perfect these complex compound exercises.

they are good for people with injuries.
my shoulders are fucked and I absolutely cant do shoulder exercises with free weights.

>superior in any way
Spoken like a true ripperetard follower.
BBers have been using machines since ages and it works perfectly fine for them.
They have good use for BBB training and isolation.
Not everyone is obsessed about increasing their training weights as as as possible.

>do all my compound lifts and free weight exercises
>dick around on the machines for an extra 30 mins because I don't want to go home and get swallowed by my depression

Actually, dumbbell training, and advanced calisthenics are far superior.

Stop pretending you're 'hardcore' OP.

>calisthenics superior
Superior for what? Superior for handling your body weight and for showing off in front of girls? Yeah, definitely.
Superior for building muscle and strength? A 100% not.

Yes naturals can build impressive strength and mass by doing advanced calisthenics.
The strength and mass will also come with greater body awareness with is vital for any athletic endeavor and day to day life and balance.

Are you going to say I'm wrong?

If so, tell me why.
With citations.

Machines have their uses. Lat pulldowns, glute ham raises, leg curls, etc.

?? We are not talking about what is possible - we are talking about what the best way of building muscle and strength is.
And that for sure is NOT calisthenics. Your body weight is limited and at some point you would have to go through a shit ton of compromises in order to keep overloading which would just be horribly inefficient.

ayy, same shit
Depression can suck a fuck

>Yes naturals can build impressive strength and mass by doing advanced calisthenics.
ANYONE can get strength and mass with STARTING strength.

I guess that's a hard concept to grasp for someone who grips poles and flails in different ways.

>We are not talking about what is possible
All of this shit is possibilities.
There is no such thing as 100% when it comes to the human body and claiming as such and then denying the failures or things that don't fit into your world view doesn't change anything.
Calisthenics can build impressive strength and mass on a true natural.
That is a fucking fact.

Calisthenics is inferior to weight training when it comes to building muscle and strength. That is a fact.
Source: body builders, powerlifters, strong men and your legs.

I'll dedicate a set to you next I'm at the gym my dude. We're all gunna make it.

>on a true natural
So... for everyone else, the easiest and best way is to lift weights.

Got it.
Plz show me a calisthenic practitioner who can lift more than someone who powerlifts or does strongman. You can't. That is a fucking fact.

anyone can get strength and mass doing anything with resistance.

i can garauntee that the average cornfed country boy or black blue collar worker in america, both of which have never touched a weight in their lives, can outlift basically every fucking SS shilling fucking loser in this thread.

Hell, the natty(they exist stop laughing) curl bros are stronger then most of you idiots and they barely even look at a squat rack.

Stop whoring some trash program and defunct strongman lifting implements as the only goddamned way to gain strength.
And for gods sake, stop thinking your strength is tied intrinsically with and does not exist outside of, a goddamned barbell.

>body builders, powerlifters, strong men and your legs.
Gear heads who can outgrow me and outlift me while doing nothing more strenuous then sticking a needle into their ass?
Awesome.

>i can garauntee that the average cornfed country boy or black blue collar worker in america, both of which have never touched a weight in their lives, can outlift basically every fucking SS shilling fucking loser in this thread.

Of the same bodyweight?
Doing the same exercises?

Hell no. You're high if you think that.

Being so shit at lifting that "everyone better than me is on gear."
Why do you even come to this board?

You are really too retarded to get the argument right?
You keep saying how you can build muscle with calisthenics when the only thing that is being discussed here is the MOST EFFICIENT WAY of building muscle and strength.
I don't know how more often I need to repeat this until you finally understand it?? I feel like talking to a fucking dog holy shit.

You can build muscle jerking off - would you come into a thread claiming jerkingoff is the best way of building muscle because of that?
No you wouldn't.
Get this in your head you fucking mong: no one denies you can achieve strength and size through calisthenics. We are denying that it is the best way to achieve exactly that.

Thanks bro, made my morning.
I'll bust out an extra set of diddly for my autismal brethren.

Also, if the average cornfed country boy or black blue collar worker in america, both of which have never touched a weight in their lives, can outlift basically every fucking SS shilling fucking loser in this thread:

Why. Can't. You. Provide. ANY. Evidence?
You can't. All you do is spout conjecture.

If it was so fucking good, why aren't there bales of hay and metal presses in gyms? Where's all the big strong dudes doing "steel machining"xF

I bet you like crossfit because "it's functional fitness."

Further fucking more, have you ever BEEN to a machine shop or out to a farm?

Most of them aren't even in shape. El maximo fucking DYEL autismo.

youtube.com/watch?v=95D7lj-A6tA

And you know what....
Strength as defined by by how much you can play around with in the gym rather then what you can actually apply is toy strength.
I mean, it's nice that you're good at lifting weights but can you do anything with it outside of impress other people in the gym?

After they learn the movements and get used to it? Yes!
They could easily outlift them!
It's been noted that people who slav squat can easily outsquat the typical out of shape and mostly sedentary SS shilling faggot!

>Being so shit at lifting that "everyone better than me is on gear."
Uh...
The only difference between natural powerlifters bodybuilders and strongman is what events they do and their diets.
Their mass, once you factor in specificity training and the mass gain they logically gain because of it, is the same.

Advanced calisthenics users put on as much mass and gain an impressive amount of strength if they eat well and train well and consistently.

Claiming otherwise is bullshit.

>the MOST EFFICIENT WAY
I stated that advanced calisthenics and dumbbells are superior for any and all athletic endeavors. You clamped onto calisthenics and started hammering on it while thinking I was some simpleton you can beat in a shouting match.
I'm stating that you're a fucking imbecile who's so busy trying to defend their way of lifting that you make a damned fool of yourself and alienate anyone who even thinks about barbell training.

Are you a fucking troll?

Are you a fucking retard?

Are you fucking serious?
Everything in your post is fucking stupid.

No u.
It's alright man, your logic skills will develop more before you hit 18.
You argue so incoherently. First you claim that *advanced users* can put mass on at a pace better than all of those groups. Then you say "the average curlbro can lift more than you people."

So what is it? People who have been doing calisthenics so much that they're advanced are stronger than noobs on SS.
No shit you fucking mong, no one is arguing it's worthless.

>advanced calisthenics and dumbbells are superior for any and all athletic endeavors
Then why aren't people who do calisthenics just going to PL and strongman meets and cleaning up?
They're not.

Calisthenics is not the best way to build mass.
If you can't be fucked to read what type of exercise builds mass then just stop arguing bullshit.
Let me boil my post down for you since you can't grasp it:
"blue collar workers and cowboys are stronger than people who do SS"
Again, then why is THAT not largely adopted as a means to get fit? It's not, you mouthbreathing ape. For a REASON.

It's an ACCESSORY to routines.

Please argue "HURR DO U USE ALL OF THAT OUT UF THE JIM I BET SWINGING ON THIS LOG WILL GET U STRNG" with Brian Shaw or Seba Kot.

Face it, your dumb argument isn't winning. Yes calisthenics will give you strength, it will give you mass. It won't give you either as fast as doing PL or Strongman.

because not everything can or should be done with a barbell

>PL and strongman meets and cleaning up?
>They're not.

The fuck are you blathering about you idiot.
I'm talking about general fitness and athleticism.
You're talking about competeing in fucking powerlifting and strongman events that outright demand moderate gear abuse at least to even compete.

Go sit in the fucking stupid corner.

People with injuries and disabilities do exist. That doesnt excuse the dyel dads and grannies using them though. (Being a female is a big enough disabilty to count though.)

I dont understand whats wrong with machines. it's weight and you're pushing/pulling it.
The newer ones even have a better set up to allow 3d motion too

or you could just use a fucking barbell, they're set up to allow 3d motion too

can anyone explain to me the fucking point of 3d smith machines?

You two are both idiots running different races.

I said Barbell Exercises are superior - and they are for hypertrophy and strength.
This other guy is talking about barbells and calisthenics being for general fitness and athleticism - which is debatable because everyone has different fitness and athleticism goals.

Point being - you should do both.

No imbecile.
I said advanced calisthenics + dumbbells are superior for athleticism and fitness in every way.

That other guy tried to attack calisthenics as if it were a weak point.
Not realizing that I have experience in calisthenics, barbell training, dumbbell training, using them for athletics, and using them to build strength, mass, strength endurance, cardio etc etc and know what I'm talking about while all they have is a madon for powerlifting and barbell lifting and fuck all else going on upstairs.

You don't have to ever fucking touch a barbell in your entire goddamned life.

The problem with certain machines is that they isolate and restrict your range of motion in an unnatural way that targets and causes imbalances in certain muscle or skeletal groups. For example, the leg extension machine can cause some sheering of the knee caps.

I'm not saying that machines are "bad" for you or that you shouldn't do certain ones or you can't make gains off of them - I'm saying that the holistic movements and the activation of multiple muscle groups from barbells and free-weights is more efficient and overall promotes overall muscle development.

Plus there are elitist in everything. The guy that drives a manual car will look down on the guy that can only drive an automatic because it requires more time and effort to master a stickshift.

Define "athleticism and fitness"

Because doing heavy ATG back squats and deadlifts will make you stronger and bigger than doing pistol squats. That's a fact.

Now will doing pistol squats make you more flexible and have overall better flexibility and dexterity? That's debatable.

Post your body then if you "know what you're talking about"

If you can't actually define athleticism or fitness or are working with a definition that has nothing to do with what everyone else here kind of understands as athletic...then your opinion on the matter means nothing.

You actually think that a pistol squat takes less dexterity and balance then a barbell squat.
Which is fucking lunacy.

And since we're talking bodies here then post a current pic with todays date and my post number on it. Written on a crumpled sheet of paper if you don't mind.

I want to see the people who spout powerlifting is king and basically makes all of Veeky Forums a fucking laughingstock in the eyes of the entire fitness community.

keeps old people off the freeweights

its for beginners, women and children

Post your lifts and your body.

It’s 2:15 in the morning. I am in bed and don’t have a pump. If this thread is up in 6 hours I’ll deliver.

This is me Oct 19th