Redpill me on potatoes

redpill me on potatoes

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bPsY_nhTtxg
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23713873
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you're going to eat carbs, they're one of the best sources

they also taste pretty FUCKING good

They taste good with chives and sour cream. New potatoes are also yum.

Roasted potatoes cooked with a drizzle of olive oil taste fucking amazing, also a healthy way of getting carbs in.
Jacket potatoes with a lot of butter and cheese are pretty fucking good too.
Mashed potato with milk and a lot of butter is god tier

Might as well just eat bread

Hmmmm nice warm bread. Sounds great with a little garlic butter smeared on

so why are Veeky Forumsizens obsessed with the rice meme?

nice false equivalence

I prefer a good broiled toast with the butter cooked on

This, rice, potatoes and pasta are all similar in the amount of carbs they contain. IMO pasta and potatoes taste a lot better than rice.

Pasta is superior in terms of protein though.

It's good too but sometimes I get back from a run and just break some bread. Calms down the need to feed

Pasta is GOAT, it's definitely better for protein, plus it's not too filling or bland like potatoes and rice on their own.

>thinking the protein from non-animal sources counts
kek

>Not knowing that most of the protein in pasta is from eggs
toppest of the keks

egg makes up about 15% of the pasta my friend

>Might as well
>Might

Kys

As opposed to...?

I make my own pasta, 1 egg makes about 150g of pasta, take that as you want.

Why doesn't any country but Italy sell fresh pasta? It's very easy to make, and it only has to cook for about 2 minutes

Cook em smash em, stick em in a stew.

My local walmart does

Let them cool before eating them.

>Dat Resistant starch

I cook out the starch for the wife (she's diabetic) and there's no issues.

If you're lazy, grab a few potatoes, wash them (dont even bother peeling them), prone them with a fork and place them on a rack in the oven. Don't even need to preheat the oven. Turn it on, set it to 200°C and leave them be for an hour or so. Then turn the oven off and leave them for another 30 mins. Ez pz lemon squeeze. Paste with rosemary and garlic butter mixture

Home fries, best thing ever.

>Take one large potato, or two small-mediums.
>wash that shit real well, you're leaving the skin on.
>Cube them, roughly 3/4 inch cubes.
>Set a pan on the burner, medium heat. Let it heat up, then add a dash of olive oil, then throw in the potatoes.
>cover it with a plate or pot lid or something and leave it alone for 5 minutes. They will both steam and fry. Science.
>After 5 minutes, jostle them around a little and re-cover.
>You'll do this 3 times for a total cook time of 20 minutes.
>Add salt, pepper, whatever spices you like, and let it cool for a minute.
>fucking delicious home fries, super crispy outside, nice and tender inside.

instead of wasting 2hrs using an oven, you can pop them in the microwave for like 5 minutes dude

Make sure to leave the skin on since that's where most of the nutrients are located. And let them cool down a bit before eating them so the starch is broken down slower.

How do you do this without having to eat them cold?

delicious, good carbs and best source of potassium ever

the best way to eat it is baked
>cook on water with 2 tbsp of baking soda and salt
>before its 100% cooked (hard inside and soft outside) you take it out
>add salt, pepper, paprica, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and green onions and mix it well so all the potatoes get the flavour
>bake it on med heat for 10 minutes and flip
>another 10 minutes and you'll get the crispiest baked potatoes you can have

xD

wrong, idiot

>using olive oil for frying
Olive oil has a low smoke point bro, not really good for frying.

Olive oil is one of the best oils for frying which is why the meds have been exclusively using it for thousands of years. It has a low smoke point but a lot of antioxidants which cancel each other out.

Hence using just medium heat. It's more about the steaming, the oil is just there to add a little color and a crispy finish.

Eat sweet potatoes, not regular potatoes.

>Antioxidants cancel out the low smoke point

Nigger what

They're actually one of the worst unprocessed carbs, but they're also one of the tastiest.

Seconding this. Sweet potatoes are godtier

>heat causes oxidation
>antioxidants counter oxidation

what is it you don't understand exactly?

>t. englishlet

blue pilled

>cook this up
>throw some eggs in to fry as the potatoes are cooling, don't break the yolk
>leave the yolk liquid
>plate the potatoes
>plate the egg on top of the potatoes
>stab egg through potatoes
>yolky crispy delicious eggy homefries
Food of the gods desu

I visit Denmark every summer to see family and New Potatoes are the fucking bomb.

You probably cook scrambled eggs in the microwave too don't you.

I get the mini ones so I don't bother peeling them, pan-fry them with salt and some type of oil (I usually use olive oil, extra virgin like you fags) until they're crispy on the outside and sometimes I put cajun on them. Shit is amazing.

They're the most satiating carb I can think of and easy as hell to cook too. But they can also be bad if you fry them in oil. They lose all their satiation and become too calorie dense.

>Get one of those potato sleeve (google it) and put 2 red potatoes in it and microwave for 4 mins
>Hot fully cooked potatoes in 4 mins

You can also make a lot of shit with them. Mashed potatoes, fries, diced potatoes.

When I'm dieting one of my favorite meals is a can of soup (any kind) and I throw in 1 or 2 cooked small red potatoes in it to make it more filling (130 cals & 30g carbs a piece)

Reminder that some steroids are made from yams and soy

It's just too easy.

Good source of minerals and carbs

WAYY better than rice or pasta

Good source of potassium and carbs if you need them, other than that they are full of starch and will spike your blood sugar.

shut up potatose intolerant nigger
stay soy goy
manlet cuck

>3 buzzwords in one post
Back to your containment board.

God tier

Disagreeing makes you a soyboy or ketofag.

>People who eat soy don't eat potatoes

this

here's my tasty potato recipe, anons

>reds or yukon golds
>cut into wedges
>coat with olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley, etc to taste
>I like red pepper flakes on mine for heat
>bake in oven at 375 for 45 minutes, maybe longer depending

they're delicious and a great bulking food. olive oil is arguably better than melted butter for this recipe although you can use butter too

or just deep fry that shit and empty a bottle of ketchup on top
fuck i love bulking

Wheat has a true-digestibility of 96% for refined and 86% for whole wheat. Get out brainlet.

Do you guys always use regular olive oil or extra virgin?

>using regular olive oil
are you poor or something dude?

Cooking with extra virgin is the fastest way to start a fire in the kitchen or smoke up the house. Regular is just fine for cooking, extra virgin is good for dipping bread or salads.

????

Extra Virgin olive oil has a much lower smoke point than regular olive oil.
Olive oil=for cooking
Extra Virgin= for everything else

Perfection

>not eating peas as your main source of carbs

It's like you want to make zero gains.

in a recent joe rogan podcast, chris kessler talks about how heated and then cooled potatoes have these long fibers in them that are great for gut bacteria to feed on, and that each time you reheat and cool the potatoes, more of these long fibers are created, which reduces the potato's impact on blood-glucose levels.

redill me on potatoballs.

jesus user did you think before posting this?

never gonna make it

I counted 5

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bPsY_nhTtxg

Baked potato changed my life, baked potato showed me the way. If you want to know what's wrong from right, you must listen to what potato say

Potatoes need to be cooked then cooled.

When you do this it turns the starches/carbs into resistance starch which is a very good fiber that sits in your gut and feeds your gut bacteria.

The more you heat and cool the same potatoes the more it becomes this type of resistance starch.

This is why the potato diet works so well. It has basically no carbs and is just good resistance fiber.

Chris Kresser speaks about this on one of the JRE #1037 Podcast.

best way to roast potatoes is to dice 'em in to large, roughly equal chunks. boil thm for 10 minutes in water with 1/4tsp of baking soda and 1/2tsp of good salt. toss with olive oil and gralic and rosemary. bake for 30min at 400, turn them and then another 20-30min at 400.

Makes the insides soft and creamy while providing a nice crispy crunch to the exterior

Fuck all you crazy mother fuckers.

I love potatoes.

>might
> >might
What did he mean by this?

fuck bruh you got me craving potatoes

you're actually retarded but you still think your opinion has value

kek

>Potato master race checking in here

The Italian supermarket down the block from me does it. Go find italians

Great bang for the buck in terms of calorie to meal ratio. Oh, and if you are looking for an easy source or carbs without the downsides of bread, potatoes are your best bet. In conclusion, if you want a food item that can be cooked a million ways and be thrown into almost every dish without breaking bank, maybe start cooking with potatoes.

I recommend learning how to make a proper baked potato, then mashed, eventually leading to fries. Once you have mastered those three basic forms you will be able to cook all sorts of potato dishes as if they are second nature.

PO
TA
TOES

Ask the irish

>not eating it for the proein

Potatos have the most powerful metabolite of vitamin D which is calcitriol, look it up, it's actually considered sorta toxic due to how many thousands of times more powerful it is than regular vitamin D3.
This is why people who eat potatos manage to avoid getting rickets.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23713873
Yes, potatos are litearl vitamin D bombs, even though they have actual 0 vitamin D in them, they have a hormone that is thousands of times more potent than the actual hormone vitamin D(D2 and D3).

Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew.

where are you getting those numbers from