Don't have any where else to post or ask these questions so here I go

Don't have any where else to post or ask these questions so here I go

Hey Veeky Forums

I've read the sticky multiple times, lots of great info. It's where I found out how to lose weight effectively.

I'd like to start a routine at the gym but honestly I have no idea where to start. I've always been naturally strong (probably because I've been a fat ass my whole life) but now I need to trim up. What are the best options for losing this extra skin and shit?

Pic related is me after 8 months of dieting and walking with weights. Need to take the next jump now and really hoping you guys can lead me in the right direction.

You look pretty strong. There is no need to start exercising hard. just keep on wlaking with weights. Everybody is differant and it works out great for you

Do reddit's bodyweight fitness routine for several months before switching to lifting.

When you lift, you'll be breaking up your workouts and muscle groups across several days. You're not a soyboy though so you won't see a pump.

Also you still have weight to lose, probably another 20lbs or so by the look of it. Eat a bunch of lean protein while you're doing this.

What extra skin? Keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep losing fat. Look up the "Lifting weights: example programs" part of the sticky.

Kek terrible advice, he should be lifting now

>probably another 20lbs
Are you being serious? he is still obese, and he should be lifting now.

OP just keep on dropping lbs and pick one of the lifting routines from the sticky you talk about.

This infographic has a bunch of noob routines. Pick one and look up some additional information about it. Any of them will be good for you as long as you stay dedicated. Also, remember that these are starter routines, they won't make you look like Zyzz but they will help you make incremental improvements

walking with a weighted backpack seems great for weight loss
will look into it. won't see a pump? sorry I'm not familiar with that. Yeah hoping to lose another 30lbs or so to get to my goal of 215
it's just extra fat I'm trying to call extra skin to feel better
thanks guys, definitely gonna start lifting. Used to being the strong man and don't wanna lose that

>20lbs
Top kek mate you really underestimate what this guy weighs

Like others said good job on making it this far, keep dieting and walking and you can slowly add in some lifting days, for the program i'd run something like balconybro's pprogram I don't have the image but I'm sure someone can post. Basically just a 3 day split, I guess most will do.

just get into the gym, work on your form, don't ego lift, and keep making little goals that you can achieve each month. You got this bro

I'm 245 right now, 5'11 so I'm hoping 215 seems right. Might have to get down to 200 but if that's what it takes then that's what it takes. Still far and away from being anything but obese.
to be honest I'm really nervous to go to the gym, I haven't done exercises in front of people in years and I'm afraid I'm gonna look super pathetic. But that's my problem and I need to face it.

what do you mean look pathetic?

>I'm trying to call extra skin to feel better
If you had actual extra skin you'd be fucked. Be happy with your progress and circumstances.

barely run a quarter mile, no stamina for weight lifting, no form. just out of place. but we all have to start somewhere and I really need this

Look up YouTube videos and stuff on the exercises you wanna do so you know what you're doing, just start with the bar or really low weight, don't be embarrassed, you can slowly add weight once you've got the movements down. If people see a big guy with low weight struggling it's obviously because he's trying to learn but don't be the moron that has to start with a 2 plate squat because he wants to show off and ends up hurting himself.

Just walk around with a backpack which is the weight you lost. So if you lost 40 lbs just always wear a 40 lb backpack. So you will stay the strong man

yeah you do gotta start, but just try to remind yourself that every day you're at the gym is a day that you're getting better than you were and better than everyone else who isn't at the gym

What is when someone is not at the gym bevause he is recovering and has a restday. It would be contraproductive if he would go on a restday.

ok you contrarian cock sucker. i was speaking in generalities

don’t give a fuck what faggits at the gym think m8, just do you friend.

congrats on the work you put in so far. don’t give up OP

Ignore the bodyweight exercise advice. Ignore... everything. Tbh I stopped after reading two replies.

Do German volume training, or GVT for short. Just google it and you'll find a variation of it you can use.

Basically it's high volume, which is kind of the opposite of what most beginner routines are for. But you need shouldn't be doing those routines for two reasons;

1) You've been a fatass for many years. You're already stronger than people who have completed these beginner programs and are moving on to more advanced ones... You simply won't benefit the same because of your starting point

2) Starting a beginners strength program while in a caloric deficit isn't ideal. What little progress you will see will come slowly.

Plus, GVT is better for adding muscle mass rather than "strength" (you'll be able to read about this if you google about). This is good for you as more muscle mass = faster fat loss for your body to maintain it. And any extra muscle mass you gain will help buffer the loose skin that is likely to occur.

I live in a country where people like these do not exist. To me it is very strange. What do Americans eat, so that they can become so fat? It seems impossible. Would you not feel ill, if you had to eat such giant portions every meal?

>german volume training
>beginner
>already stronger than people lifting
1 KEK to you sir

Jesus Christ you look like shit

Mirin calves though fatbrah

This is really solid advice if you plan on getting total knee replacement at 50 years old.

Already stronger than a lot of people who "complete" beginner programs and move onto advanced ones,

Yes. You underestimate how strong people get from just being big and heavy their whole lives.

You can argue that point I suppose and focus on all the people who actually lift properly and have a great starting base etc... But who cares. Anybody can argue anything.

Take your kek back and shove it up your arse, good sir.

>I've read the sticky
>I don't know what program to do
One of these is a lie

thanks man, you're absolutely right. worry about me and only me
will check it out, but I'm definitely not stronger than most lifters lol
lost 100lbs so far, don't think my schoolbag from 11 years ago can handle that
pretty easy honestly. frozen pizzas, lots of easy to make pasta, poor diet in general, and over eating, and no incentive to exercise can lead to being a huge fatass

>Already stronger than a lot of people who "complete" beginner programs and move onto advanced ones,
I'd probably somewhat disagree with this. Although some of his muscles will already be strong many others wont especially stabilizing muscles that you activate during many lifts. Additionally, his form will need work and his body will need to get used to moving in new ways. Beginner programs will be good for that

Why is your asscrack on the front

keks are non refundable my dude, you seem to not grasp that beginner programs have nothing to do with how much weight you start with. Once you stop making linear progression on them, you move on. So, if strongman OP (from this fat base you talk about) can blast 3pl8 bench first day doesn't mean he should go straight to an advanced routine. Just means he will be stronger at the end of his beginner program.

long surgical scar from when I was a baby, made bigger from me being a fatass for 29 years

Lol his body can handle this weight, because he was used to it. of course OP should not were the backpack when he is sleeping or sitting.

Just buy a new backpack. So you could wear one on the front and one on the back. It looks a bit strange but you are more balanced. Maybe 60lbs in the back and 40lbs at the front. The more you lose the more you put in the front backpack, because your belly gets smaller

jesus christ dude the backpack idea is fucking stupid just drop it

When your bodyfat is low, you sometimes get a "pump" after you lift, your muscles get swolen and they look a bit bigger than usual. That won't happen to you. Doesn't mean your muscles aren't growing.

You should definetly start lifting right now, probably a basic brosplit routine.

That basically means: hit the gym at least 4 times a week and work out a different muscle group every day, i.e. On Mondays you do Chest/Biceps, on Tuesdays Back/Triceps, on Wednesdays you take a rest day, on thursdays Shoulders/Traps/Forearms and on Fridays Legs. You could use the weekend to recover or if you're into that sorta stuff do some cardio training or you could keep doing the whole weighted walking thing.

Either way, the most important part of your weight loss program is diet. If you keep a correct diet the way you've been doing so far and start lifting, you're going to lose weight even faster than before. Remember your body behaves differently when you start excercising more, so you may have to adjust your diet accordingly.

As for the loose skin I can't really give you any advice, I've always been a skeletor and started working out to gain mass.

>inb4 faggots critize my advice

It's just what I've gathered. Godspeed breh. We're all gonna make it.

Does this look stupid?
He never trained just walking with weights.
If you get stronger you can add more weight through little backpacks in your hands

a weapon to surpass metal gear

>He never trained
pissening bro

ooh. Got ya. I'd love to lose weight even faster (keto does an amazing job of it by itself desu) and get stronger. gonna look for a gym today guys! Planet fitness okay? I'm a poor fag and 10 a month is a decent deal

Yeah OP just walk around with this and a turtle shell on you for like a year and you'll be able to fly afterwards

>pretty easy honestly. frozen pizzas, lots of easy to make pasta, poor diet in general, and over eating, and no incentive to exercise can lead to being a huge fatass

It seems to me America has a bad food culture. My mother has never given me pizza. She gives me sheep meat and horse meat, with noodles. I live in Kazakhstan by the way. Nobody here is fat.

not OP but if i could get my hands on a weighted turtle shell i would legit do that

that would be great, would legit wear that around my walks.

it does. but I think our biggest problem is sugar and lack of exercise.

I'm not american but I've read on here that Planet Fitness is pretty shit in the sense that the people who go there are pretty much retarded and the machines are always broken or don't work properly. If you don't mind retards and old smelly men you shouldn't have a problem with it. As for the machines, you shouldn't be using machines, free-weight training with bars and dumbbells is much more productive.

>I haven't done exercises in front of people in years and I'm afraid I'm gonna look super pathetic. But that's my problem and I need to face it.

It's hard going in fat and weak and probably with a chip on your shoulder. I've been there, walking into a Los Angeles gym literally filled with fitness models and being a lard dumpster fire. Nobody cares. Nobody laughs at you. Just be polite and wipe down your equipment and put the weights back: you're in the top tier of gym denizens.

Tap into that fat man autism. Be a fedora-tipping strength trainee for a minute. It'll be exhilarating once you get over the hump. Lifting weights is a relief once you understand it, it's a serious tool for your life akin to being able to cook for yourself- basic self-care. You can do it.

machines aren't the way to go? Are they forbidden machina? I've only ever really used machines
good advice. funny that me losing weight has coincided with me learning to cook and taking care of myself.

You really think someone starting 3pl8 (not op) can make linear progression on SS?

I'm not saying OP is strong as fuck. But SS isn't the bible and oats aren't holy water. This isn't 2008.

Someone as big as OP who is in a large caloric deficit would benefit greatly from volume training rather than a beginners strength program.

Remember, fat people don't get "noob gains" the same way most of us did when we were skinny teenagers...

IMO attempting to gain linear strength while losing a lot of weight is a quick way to crushing his moral. After all the progress he has made, it would be a shame.

It's rare for someone to gain strength while getting significantly lighter as the months go by... But there's no going wrong with cranking out 10 sets of 10 at a lighter weight while watching the pounds shed.

Bullshit. The backpack advice is solid.
How can you even think you do not get stronger if you always wear heavy weights. The guy is lifting 10 hours a day. Alone taking the stairs train your legs extremly. It is like an endless farmerwalk.

You can also talk to chicks because everybody is exited about what you do and what you wear.

walk at least 30 minutes 3 days a week, walk at least 15 minutes before heavy workout with little resting time on the other 3 days
eat as little as possible
thats how i lost 40 kilos in less than a year

DO NOT WALK WITH WEIGHTS WHEN YOU ARE FAT

you will seriously screw up your knees and hips with all that extra weight, if I were obese I would use an exercise bike instead, fat people who try to run or hike before losing weight can really screw themselves over.

I was making a Dragonball joke my dude don't take it too seriously

Calm down Rock Lee we're not in an anime here. Bodies are not made to carry around that much weight, you will wear out your knee joints. Why do you think all fat people end up in mobility scooters instead of transcending humanity with their super strength?

They're not forbidden, but the consensus is that free-weights are better for you. Machines train very specific muscles because the movements you make are set and allow very little improvisation. Free-weight excercises in turn train a broader area and are better for uniform and healthy muscle growth and they're better for acquiring strength. But really if you find all free-weights are occupied or decide to use machines one day, there's no harm in it. Just don't make it your main program. Machines are more for people who are already Veeky Forums looking to improve some specific part of their body or soccer moms who refuse to do anything else.

>funny that me losing weight has coincided with me learning to cook and taking care of myself.

yeah and these body dysmorphic squatplug enthusiasts will tell you all kinds of contradictory advice about how to get builtfat or bear mode or whatever, but just remember it's about you and your health. that there mind body connection is something that you develop over a long time.

dude, good fucking job.

Fair enough. That's gonna look infinitely better when you get down to normal weight, user.

Sorry I thought you made a Mario kart joke.
Because these fat people aren't walking at all. They would be pretty strong if they would walk. You know that you can fix knee joints? You make it sound like you will never walk again if you carry a backpack once

Before anything, tell me about your diet.

What do you usually eat for breakfast, lunch/dinner and supper? How much of it do you eat?

Do you do unaccounted meals a.k.a. grabbing a bite here and there?

How much sugary drinks do you consume?

Do you drink coffee/tea? How much?

Here's the thing about the machines

Any PT at a commercial gym will try to steer you towards the machines, because they have the least amount of risk involved - you can't crush your head with a falling barbell, you can't squat too much without safeties, you can't slip a disk deadlifting with bad form if you only do machines. No risk, no lawsuits, no money losses.