Unconventional fit activities thread lads

Unconventional fit activities thread lads.

What are some activities that you do that contribute to fitness that don't take place in the gym?

>Pic related; starting hiking again tomorrow
>The few hikes I've been on have really felt like cardio amped up to 11
>Loved every second of it

So what about you Veeky Forums?

the exquisite art of the samurai sword

training for a 100km 24h hike next summer

I know you're memeing, but kendo fucking obliterated my shoulders.

Nice my dude. Feeling ready? Or starting from scratch?

Geologic mapping in the desert is top tier
>have to carry 3 gallons of water minimum
>belt full of tools
>sketching and photography
>taking a nice shit in a wadi while the warm desert wind dries your sweaty taint
Truly the patricians fitness hobby

Climbing, climbing by far

>>Build calves
>>Increases stamina
>>Improves self reliance
>>No cell coverage so I can't post to this cancerous board
Hiking is the GOAT Veeky Forums activity. Prove me wrong.

>get near the end of my studies
>roommate has to move out for medical internship on the other side of the country
>might have to leave the country for internship in a few months
>not gonna go through the trouble of renting another appartment just for 3 months
>move back in mom's house in the country
>decide to go hike and enjoy the countryside
I don't regret it one bit. Last week I went out in the morning and just spent the entire day walking. I'd like to bring the tent so I can just fuck around for 2 or 3 days but it's cold as shit currently.

I've had huge calves for all my life and only started lifting less than 3 months ago. Is hiking the reason for that? I've always been really into it but I rarely get to do it.

practiced kendo for a couple of years, I don't have joint pains in my knees but I am scared of them so I quit.

Other than the sheer physical stress you put on your body practicing that sport it is amazingly fun.

>DDPYoga

>The Wim Hof Method

Nah, probably genetics. Just be glad you ain't a calflet like me. Even my wife has bigger calves.

I've been rucking with 55lbs. Not going too far, always in the 8-12 mile range and I hit as many hills as I can. I've been doing that every other day and cycling 20-30 miles in between. I take a weekends off and only go for short walks to keep the muscles loose. The amount of overall practical strength I've gained in the last couple weeks from rucking has made me feel awesome. Currently trying to get my minutes/mile down to 16.

Been doing Aikido/Judo/BJJ all for at least half a decade, and will go hiking through Nepal for 3 weeks next week.

Will try to pick along a 6000m summit. Bagged my third 5000m peak earlier this year. Pic related, mount Kazbek.

if you work some sort of construction job or a job that requires manual labor, lifting etc (and assuming that you lift with your legs, not your back) and you eat and drink healthily (i.e. not eating junk all the time and guzzling booze at the bar with the rest of the crew after work), you'll be pretty darn fit. You won't necessarily be ripped or big, you won't *look* like a stone-carved bodybuilder, but you will have very good muscles. Everyone on earth should work at least one construction job in their life for at least a year. 100% it'll make them fitter if they do it right.

hiking is top tier. especially here in finland

Surfing. Waves are getting big in CA, and water is getting colder. Time to man up and get out there. I'm finally learning how to not pig out after a good sesh.

I'm so jealous. I was a surveyor for a city at one point, and always dreamed of having a job like that.

Which desert user? I've been in similar landscapes in archaeological fieldwork/survey as well and I know the feeling.

Hiking is awesome. Obvious cardio and hits calves and quads well, and can hit traps with a heavy pack

At least try hiking somewhere interesting before you spout retarded shit like this. Finland has ZERO interesting hiking routes.

0/5, would skip again

North Mojave at the Cali/Nev border. Place called Deep Springs Basin.

hiking is the most rewarding cardio I can think of