So why is GZCLP superior to SL 5x5?

I lifted for 4months and had a 3 week break now I feel weak again ,but I reddit recommends GZCLP instead of Sl 5x5, why?

That's a lot of memes in one post, son.

more balanced program with more room for accessory work, will let you progress for longer (but less aggressively) because it has some periodization, sets you up nicely for a transition to other gzcl templates

5x5 beginner progression is fucking idiotic, it literally exists to differentiate itself from SS. It is worse for beginner strength than 3x5 in every sense

Please just do SS you utter fucking toad

Alien rep scheme, constantly testing your 5 rep max, meme infographic, and not enough squats

Stick to SL5x5

SS>GSLP>>>GZCLP>>>>>> SL

If you're still making linear progress on SL 5x5 don't change it.

this
once u start to stall and can only progress every couple of weeks switch to something like 5/3/1 or GZCL (not GZCLP)

just fucking do canditos strength/hypertrophy upper/lower, it will get you acclimated to higher frequency (in the gym not per bodypart) and it will yield you nice size

This desu

>tfw you stall at lmao2pl8s deadlift 1.5pl8 squat +1pl8 bench and 0.5pl8

Is this remotely normal?Could it be that I'm not eating enough?

I started with SS, then got bored and switched to SL, then got bored and injured, then switched to GZCLP. I liked:
4 day plan
more volume with different rep range on the main lifts
plateau/progression management

I'm starting tomorrow, so it's SS that's the best?

It most certainly is

>t. DYEL

Should I just do 5x5 if I'm starting?

this

>SS
hands down the best program for building strength in a novice.

>GSLP
Pretty much what late-novice SS is anyway but removing the light wednesday squat entirely and with a better rep scheme for deloads

>GZCLP

Kind of retarded but looks nice in an infographic, the best thing about this program is that it's not afraid of high volume deadlifts

>SL

Utter dogshit. Worse than SS for strength gains, worse than GSLP for aesthetics. Truly the "reddit" of programs.

SL cant be that bad lads I've managed to reach 1/2/3/4 on it within year and a half

those are reasonable weights to first stall at (i.e., fail twice consecutively and need to deload), yeah

>the reddit of programs

reddit has been railing against SL for years, they advocate GSLP and GZCLP

If you are a beginner it doest really matter what you do.
It might take a bit more or less but stick to whatever program you started with until you hit intermidiate.

Been doing SL for 8 weeks now, making progress on all movements. Why should I switch?

SS is clearly the best linear progression novice routine. all the rest are just people trying to milk the success of SS by introducing changes that people want. not because they make the routine better, but because beginners THINK they do.

that said, in the end it's completely irrelevant which of the routines you choose. diet, consistency, hard work and form are what matters for a novice, not routine.

you shouldn't