/Fin/ Finasteride / Propecia / Hair loss general

What are your experiences with Finasteride / Propecia. How are you dealing with hair loss? What drugs have you taken to slow or halt hair loss and how did/are they affecting you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5α-Reductase_inhibitor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I heard that your hair falls out faster initally when you use Propecia and then it comes in thick, the draw back is that as soon as you stop using it you might go back to being thinner then before.

I'm curious about this as well, but in a supporting question I'd like to know what foods help block DHT.

That's what I was thinking as well. Supposedly the extra shed happens in the first few months and then gets better. The sides sound pretty scary, but small chances of them occurring.

For me it's just the idea of being on that stuff permanently, don't get me wrong it's a great business model but basically you're addicted to the stuff until you stop caring and let it all come crashing down.

>Take Finasteride
>Spend your 30's and early 40's with hair

>Don't take Finasteride
>Be a cuck with no hair

Wow hard decision.

Anyone have experience with RU 58841 whatever it is?

Finasteride fucks with your test and turns you into a fucking woman.

Trannies use it when they can't get proper drugs. Don't fucking take it.

Damn, wtffff...

I'd rather have a working dick

Been on it 5 years with no side effects. Ignore the fearmongers. Works like a charm

this is ridiculous and untrue.

t. pretty trans girl

>want to take finasteride
>bald chucks on the net tell me to enjoy my dead dick
>5 years later and a few hundred out of pocket
>still have perfect hairline
>still have diamond dick
>bald cucks even balder than before

sure glad I didn't give into the pressure of some bald cuck on the net just because I was afraid of him judging me.

How am I supposed to get finesteride in Bulgaria?

Can someone give me an honest opinion? I'm 20 and balding. I feel like anons in this thread are either justifying their intake or coping bald guys demonizing it.

My plan atm is to just shave it off once I get obvious bald spots.

Saving for a HT. Tried it and got bad sides

i started fin 1mg daily about 7 months ago and my hair loss has stopped entirely. only side effect is that my semen is more watery than before. no effect on libido or ability to get or maintain an erection. you can decide for yourself if youd prefer watery cum or being bald. considering i was suicidal when i was balding im pretty fucking pleased.

it's ~$1 a day to not look like a 35+ year old in the eyes of most women

furthermore, the earlier you start fin the better because (except in some rare cases) it wont regrow any hair, it will only halt the balding process. so any hair you lose before you start will stay gone, generally speaking. i also use nizoral shampoo for its dht reducing effects and some people combine fin and minoxidil for its regrowth properties. i imagine if fin ever stops working so well id start minox too

being bald is a death sentence for looks, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying or coping

does no new growth include face? i trialled it on my beard as well and noticed new follicles

No such thing, you lying faggot.

You were probably gay to begin with.

Don't touch it.

Get a hair prosthetic. Looks just as good, but doesn't fuck with your test.

I've been using Minoxidil for about a year and a half, and on Fin for the last month. The Minoxidil took forever to start working, but eventually the hair started growing back. For the first week on Fin, I had almost no cum at all. I went from and average of 4 or 5 spurts to two or three dribbles. Semen volume is almost back to normal now. No issues with puffy tits yet, but it definitely takes longer to cum these days. Seems like my hair is falling out faster, which I hear happens when you first start on Fin, but then it comes back. My balls are still the same size and I still get rock hard boners

Fin increases your test by 15-20%

It turned my baby in a cishet shitlord

Weird I'm taking fin for over a year and my dick works fine wooooaaa

Take a look at the post above you.

Pic related is Karl Pilkington with a hair prosthetic. I'll take that over budget tranny 'meds'.

brainlet

Let me give you guys another perspective on hair loss that will "really make you think":

There is no such thing as hair loss.

By this I mean it isn't a disease. It is simply a symptom of a system-wide problem. In particular, it is a result of inflammation in your scalp, due to various irritants.

Fin/Procepia is a shotgun approach solution: reduce DHT, which is known to attack hair follicles. Well guess what: balding men don't actually have higher DHT than regular men. And DHT decreases as you age, so why would you lose more hair generally as you age? The DHT theory of hairloss is simply not the full picture.

Here's what's actually happening. DHT is actually anti-inflammatory, and yes it attacks hair follicles, but it's only doing that because it's traveling to the scalp in the first place to fight inflammation. The other piece of the puzzle is calcification, and when hormone ratios are off, calcification regulators get messed up as well, and in tandem with the DHT, cause calcification and fibrosis. DHT alone is not causing your hair loss; it's a "necessary but not sufficient" factor.

This reduces blood flow to the scalp, nutrients don't get to the hair, the hairs die.

Having started to suffer hair loss fairly recently, it's been fascinating to dive into the research and really learn what's going on. It's such a huge problem, like $10Bn/year market in the US, and the best thing we have is a drug that makes your dick limp.

Here are some common sense changes I'm working on to reverse my thinning. I'm going off the inflammation theory, and I'm also working on fixing anything blood-flow related. Another inflammatory symptom to watch for is acne - so if a food/group is causing me acne, logically speaking there's a good chance it's hurting my hair as well. Think of inflammation as a low-level allergic reaction.

For me personally this means gluten (wheat/bread) and dairy are going. Interesting pattern I noticed: a lot of Chinese men, who don't have these in their diets in China, start having problems hair-related when they come to North America. Having half-Asian genes myself, I wouldn't be surprised if this could apply to me. In any case, a few months without pizza, pasta, and milk is worth trying.

Getting proper vitamin supplementation is also important. A proper multi, a good amount of D3, B-complex, C, and Iron all seem to make sense.

If you have cold extremities/sensitivity to cold, you may be slightly hypothalamic. Get a blood test to check thyroid (and T:E ratios while you're at it). This, again, is related to blood flow not bringing nutrients to where they need to go.

ED on fin is a side effect that occurs only in about 8% of people.

Bullshit, broscience

Read the fucking thread. Especially the post that details its use as an antiandrogen.

Final thoughts: hair loss is something like depression. We don't understand it, and there's often other stuff going on as well. For example, male pattern baldness turns out to be a great predictor of future cardiovascular disease. This correlation is almost certainly due to calcification of arteries and blood vessels.

So what's our society's solution to problems we don't understand? Shotgun-approach drugs that treat the symptom directly, side-effects (and understanding of the problem) be damned.

Fin is a great example. We don't understand hair loss but we understand that DHT is involved to a greater degree in the tissues where hair loss is happening. Fuck it, let's block as much DHT as we can.

Depression with SSRIs is a similar mindset. We know depressed people have less serotonin in their brains... let's just block it's re-uptake.

These "solutions" only halt symptoms by targeting something very specific that's present in the problems, but doesn't solve the full picture problem at all. Hence when you stop taking either of the drugs, the problem re-emerges.

These are band-aids to problems we don't yet fully understand.

Why dont you just shave it off. If you are ugly you will be ugly with or without a hair. Why are you all so insecure I actually dont get it, its just hair on top of your head. If a woman doesnt like your shaved head, guess whats going to happen if you are with her in a long term relationship and you start balding heavily, she will either chear or leave. Please act like man

lol enjoy going bald and missing out on pasta, brainlet

in combination with an estrogen and at much higher doses than those that use it to treat hairloss

t. ugly bald man

being bald drops you 2 points on the 1-10 scale WITHOUT EXCEPTION. look at all the photoshopped pics of male models shopped to be bald, they look significantly worse. if you want to be attractive you cant let yourself be bald. if youre trying to claim you dont want to be attractive then you are clearly lying or coping; either way shut the fuck up

>How are you dealing with hair loss?
Great, I give about as many fucks about it as I do that I am going to die one day.

I actually pitty you. How can someone be so insecure. Try to distance from yourself and see what you are doing. You are searching for male models photoshopped pictures where they are bald. Now picture a woman seeing you doing that. Women do not care about fucking hair but if they even think that you are using drugs or other meme things so you can keep hairs on head they will never date you. Just shave it or buzz it. And even though I know how you will respond to this, I wish you luck and i Hope you will be happy someday

>Women do not care about fucking hair

sad that hairlets actually let themselves be deluded to this level. i am quite happy; i have a full head of hair and bitches want to fuck me because i am good looking

Said the user from imageboard, I belive you ;)

>everyone on Veeky Forums is ugly like me

youre quite the epic dude

I'm not a pussy boy like you my dude, you have even said that you are not balding so why are you on this thread. You are actually pathetic. People like you should not even breed

I was on finasteride for a year and switched to dutasteride about six months ago, it's essentially more effective at the same dosage and where I live (Aus) costs the exact same amount of money per box. If you're on fin ask your doctor about dutasteride, best decision I've made.
It should be said that I'm nowhere near bald yet, but all men in my family have receding hair lines and I wanted to get on mine before anything noticeable happened. My hair is far thicker in the temple region than it used to be.

I've been taking fin for the last six years and I've never had a problem with it.
Yeah I heard all the horror stories about sides but the main one was ED so for the first month I checked every day to see if it was harder to get our maintain an erection and it never was so I stopped
checking.
I probably did go through a period of shedding but it only lasted a few weeks and then it got better.
I started losing my hair in my 20s but didn't notice until I was in my mid 20s and by then I had a bit of a higher forehead but not noticeable. Overall I'm glad I started because I have no doubt I would be bald by now if I left it untreated and I would feel pretty stupid if I lost my hair and spent the rest of my life as a bald cuck when i could pay $200 a year and keep my hair.

i'm not balding because i am on finasteride you fucking brainlet, that's the entire point of this thread. i would physically annihilate you irl and your girl would leave me for you in an instant because i am better looking than you. enjoy that bald head loser

why is there so much rationalization behind the drug users. is it because they all know deep down they are /frauds/?

HAHAHAH
ye I dont think so ;)
Go pop that pills and cum water If even you can get it up soyboy

>"Finasteride (Proscar or Propecia) was the first steroidal 5α-reductase inhibitor approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (USFDA). It inhibits the function of two of the isoenzymes (type II and III).[22] In human it decreases the prostatic DHT level by 70–90% and reduces the prostatic size.[2]
Dutasteride (Avodart) was the second steroidal 5α-reductase approved after finasteride. It is a competitive inhibitor of all three 5α-reductase isoenzymes[22] and it inhibits types 1 and 2 better than finasteride, leading to it causing further reduction in DHT, with >90% recuded DHT levels following 1 year of oral administration.[2]"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5α-Reductase_inhibitor
Further reading.

You're a retard if you think vitamins will fix your hair.

Inflammation is a part of it, but your overview is false news.

Bald men have an pgd2 inbalance.

Septipiprant is the closest thing to new drugs for hairloss without chemically castrating yourself like with finasteride or dutasteride.

Minoxidil ages your face because it interferes with collagen production.

My little brother killed himself because he went bald and his wife left him. Ruined my life too.

Tbh I'd be on dutasteride even if I weren't going bald

Im sorry user :(
Did she leave him just because he went bald ?

Been on it 2 months, minoxidil 5 months. I'm 28 btw and NW2 approaching NW2.5, :'( probably nw3, on right side. If I knew the patent ran out in 2014 I would have started it then. 3 years later isn't bad.

You see I know my father, and i know him as a bald person. I know how it will advance and I know at this rate I will be bald by 35. My crown is fine right now... My hair is also very long 5 years or so, so half way down my back. I actually told myself to grow it long because I will be going bald in my 30s and won't be able to grow it them.

I am starting now because if I get the side effects I can stop, if it accelerated hair loss for that time so be it... But I'd rather not be 32 NW5 with a bald batch on the crown desperately trying to claw back half an inch of hair just to get the side effects then. There's only one way you're gonna find out if you get side effects or not... No two ways about it. Might as well be sooner and later and you might save an extra half inch or three of that hairline, rather than desperately trying to save a lost cause.

At the end of the day, lets say you get erectile disfunction, grow tits temporarily and your penis turns into a clitoris. Might as well find out now over the next 3-4 months and thens top taking it than in 5 years time. You'll regret it if you're in the 90%+ who have no or minimal side effects.

Don't listen to your friends who's fathers have their hair into their 50s. Don't listen to baldy cunts who want you to join the razor club. Just take it and shut your mouth about it and if it works or doesn't you can share you experience on posts like these.

Truth is I felt a little erectile disfunction but it's fine now. Might just have been the placebo effect.

I hear RU48841 is the 3rd thing you should take... I don't know where to get it. I don't think it's a medicine in the UK but if it's not banned it's legal as long as it's not psychoactive. But I don't know, if someone can clarify UK status

i don't know, he seemed to think so but i never got confirmation from her

I started balding at 17. At the time I didn't even know that was possible. Started finasteride and now I'm 31 with about as much hair as I had then. It took a little while to kick in like they say but a lot of my hair did regrow. Still paranoid about losing it but it works. Sometimes it seems like more is falling out, especially after resuming weight training after a break, but it must either regrow or be my imagination.

This is something to think about but when you are permanently losing your hair there isn't a lot of time to figure it out before the damage is irreversible. Lifting weights, something undeniably good for you, can speed the process. Ultimately I think the best thing to do is take the finasteride if you care about your hair and then focus on being as healthy as possible otherwise.

No sides by the way, unless they are sneaky and subtle enough for me not to know the difference.

You ruined your life.

Also be careful taking advice from people you know in person... There is nothing more your coworkers and men in your social circle would like than to see you end up balding. All things equal a woman is likely going to pick the none baldy. Men are ruthless when it comes to women, and most men I know will go to extreme lengths just to look better than you in the eyes of a QT. They will badmouth you, cockblock you, tell you rumours about her to put you off, tell tall tails anything just to get a whiff of a new woman, it's fucking pathetic... don't let them add bald to that list. Just picture their faces when you're 35-40 and you still have hair and they're balding after calling you faggot for jumping on in your 20s.

>Ruined my life too.
F

6 years on 1mg propecia. Balding stops, new hair. But i am fighting with depression about 4-5 years. O hope this is not caused by finasterid.

Does anything work on receding hairline? I have a Vegeta tier widow's peak going on.

Also be careful taking advice from jews you know in person... There is nothing more jews in your social circle would like than to see you end up balding. All things equal a woman is likely going to pick the none baldy. Jews are ruthless when it comes to women, and most jews I know will go to extreme lengths just to look better than you in the eyes of a QT. They will badmouth you, cockblock you, tell you rumours about her to put you off, tell tall tails anything just to get a whiff of a new woman, it's fucking pathetic... don't let them add bald to that list. Just picture their faces when you're 35-40 and you still have hair and they're balding after calling you faggot for jumping on in your 20s.

>having useless hair on your head
>having a working dick

Which one is more important? 8% is quite a lot in my opinion.

>useless hair

the absolute state of hairlets

Actually it is worse than useless, it is a detriment. I run a lot cooler now that I am going bald. Plus if I ever get cold.

>beanie

>Coping this hard

lol Okay, I don't care all that much. You on the other hand would probably kill yourself if you got cut off from your drugs. It sounds like your hair is all you have going for you.

>coping this hard

Huh? What was that hairlet?
>*Flips long hair in your face*
>*Stacie's panties begin to soak in the distance as you continue norwooding in front of me*

Where the fuck are you hairlet? Did you kill yourself?

Ok, Finasteride inhibits the formation of testosterone into DHT (dihydrotestosterone; a more potent version of testosterone). DHT is among other places found in the brain.

Why would anyone willingly become literal traps and nu-males just to have hair?

I'm not balding. I do prefer a cropped hairstyle, because like I said, hair is useless.

Sup blahino

>so any hair you lose before you start will stay gone

False. When men first notice they are balding, they have already lost like half of their hair.

>implying you could reach my face

t. 6'4 master race

hmm might try

Is my hairline receding ?

Im 22 , my hairline moved back a bit from 5 years ago and am scared as fuck .

Nah don't think so. I've got something similar but it's usually natural for the hairline to receed slightly after puberty.

Doesn’t duta have a far greater chance for developing side effects?
Also isn’t it only prescribed for reducing chance of cancer or some shit? Like I don’t think a doc will prescribe you with it for hair loss (I’m aware it’s the same exact substance just more mg)

as a man dealing with hair loss... I FEEL FUCKING GREAT. I've waited all my life to grow hair on my back and lose my hair just like my father. It really says alot about the age demographic of /fit when a bunch of insecure kids in their mid-twenties can't stand the fact of becoming a man.

I have never seen someone coping this hard. It stopped being funny now it’s truly pathetic.

Holy fucking cope fin is designed to reduce prostate inflammation for old men who can't piss. Literally you will feel the burn sooner or later have fun with chemically castrating yourselves if you knew anything about medicine you would realise how fucking retarded you guys are. KEK

>take finasteride with almost perfect hair, some receding/miniaturisation
>8 month shed ravages your temples
>Now 14 months, didn't grow back

>i'm good looking
>i'm posting on Veeky Forums

Id rather pay for a transplant DESU

Finasteride made me impotent and shrank my dick by half an inch. AMA. I'm not even kidding. I was on that shit for three months and it ruined me for life. I haven't recovered in over four years. So now I'm impotent AND I'm still balding.

Dick shrinkage is caused by fat buildup and/or long term lack of vasodilation aka you don't get hard for a week it starts to shrink ever so slightly. It is very unlikely you could shrink half an inch permanently in three months, especially since most of this shrinkage is reversible by beating your meat. This is unless your prostate shrank considerably from lack of DHT which is weird but not impossible. However this should manifest as downward curvature.

Do you still get nocturnal erections? Those are partially there to avoid this stuff and stimulate growth. It's also why some older men get some shrinkage - they get less nocturnal erections.

I don't get nocturnal erections at all. It's just limp.

I can't vouch for any changes in my prostate size, but I know my (flaccid) cock shrank half an inch - either that or my foreskin suddenly grew a half inch longer, and I'm pretty sure that that's not the case. Also my nuts are the size of fucking almonds now. And my libido is tanked. I'm essentially asexual now.

I've been on fin for about six weeks now. My cum is super watery, which was weird to me. No noticeable effect on my ability to get or maintain erections, or libido. It all seems to work the same it always has. Jack it 2-3 times a week because currently >tfw no gf. My nipples seem slightly sensitive, but maybe that's psychosomatic. No perceivable affect on my athletic ability, I've heard a lot of guys here talk like it's going to make your muscles wither away overnight.

I have experienced the initial shedding that other guys here have mentioned. Scared the shit out of me until I found out it's normal.

Russiabro here, I can get a year's supply of fin for about 40 dollars. I've been taking it for about a year now, started as soon as I noticed thinning in my temples. My temples are still a little on the light side, but hair loss has been practically frozen, and I shed very little hair now. Compared to how my dad was at my age, I'm winning hard as fuck right now. Still as horny as ever, although I go through mood swings. Probably just me.

Except that the medically prescribed dosage of fin for prostate issues is 5mg, whereas "propecia" is 1mg. This is why insurance will not cover a 1mg dose (generic or otherwise) since it is considered cosmetic.

I got my prescription from a urologist, who clearly would understand the issue and risks far greater than you.

I take it for a couple of years now, but im still balding. Im 25
I guess i was going to bald even faster if I wasnt taking fin

I also use a shampoo for the scalp because of dandruff

And no, I got no side effects from fin

>I got my prescription from a urologist, who clearly would understand the issue and risks far greater than you.

Whats the best time of the day to take fin?

Before your anal pounding, so your man has a harder time finding your prostate ;)

Imagine being terrified of a pill that stops you from being significantly less attractive because 1% of men have negative symptoms.

no, its prescribed for enlarged prostate.

Is this legit? If yes then fuck DHT

You would be joe Rogan tier balding if you didn't take it.
Slay as much pussy as you can now because fin won't stop three balding process but it will allow it down and give you some time.

Finasteride legit gave me ED after taking it for 6 months, dick worked again two days after stopping but shit that was scary.

Now I just dermaroll once a week and use Minoxidil twice a day + Nizoral shampoo every 3 days.

Hair is fully back.