Daniella Melo: The Young Phenom

ironwisdom.com/single-post/2017/11/22/Daniella-Melo-The-Young-Phenom

Firstly, I would like to congratulate Daniella on yet another win at Raw Nationals last month, and to thank her for agreeing to do this interview during that busy time period.

Had a conversation with 2-time Raw Nationals winner, as well as IPF World Champion Daniella Melo. We talk about how she came to the sport as well as her current mindset.

MASON:

In your first USAPL meet ever in July 23rd, 2016, you posted a 490kg total as a Teen 2, which is absolutely phenomenal. In your 4th Powerlifting meet, which was Worlds in Belarus, you hit a 531.5kg total, winning the Championship title with a Junior World Record Total as well as an Open World Record Squat of 206.5kg. Rewinding back a couple of years, when was your first introduction into weight training? What were your numbers like then? At that point of time, did you ever think you would be where you are at now? Were World Records and Titles the goal for a younger Daniella Melo?
DANIELLA:

In 2015 I got a membership to a local gym and began working with a personal trainer to get in shape. It wasn’t until later that year that I decided I was bored with cardio and wanted to lift weights. My trainer at the time trained for powerlifting and introduced me to it. My first month in, I was squatting 315 lbs for reps and deadlifting over 325 lbs. At that time, I still didn’t even know what powerlifting was. I was just training for fun and didn’t decide to compete until summer of 2016.

>squats that much
>still no ass

must suck being a white girl lol

I bet she could rip my dick off with just her asshole

MASON:

For many people on social media, it seems that your progress is rapid despite the high level you are already performing at. Personally, how do you perceive your rate of progress? Have you faced any adversities/setbacks in your career thus far? What was your mindset during those times?
DANIELLA:

>I think I’ve been progressing at a good rate. I stalled for a bit after 2016 Raw Nationals, but then I started working with Sean, and I’m hitting numbers I never thought I could. The few months leading into worlds, I was dealing with a sharp pain in my right hip whenever I hit the bottom of a squat. I trained through it and squatted the world record, but it started to get worse. During this time I dreaded squat days, which sucks because they’re my favorite lift. But, I focused on my goal every training session and was not going to give it up that easily. Through some simple exercises like PRI and bracing properly, it has gone away

lel, was thinking the same thing. Surprisingly terrible gluts for such a large squats.

Then again, powerlifting is a meme

Fuckkk I had a dream I dated a girl
Who lifted more than me. She’s kinda cute too, shit bros how do I get a gf like this ?

>usapl

Dropped

Yeah whatever how much do you bench?

MASON:
What goes on through your mind before a heavy lift, or during a meet?

DANIELLA:
>Before a heavy lift, I visualize myself having already completed it. My mindset is you can put any weight on the bar and I’ll lift it. During a meet I am so focused I can’t hear the crowd cheering. A lot of people tell me I am a really calm lifter, but inside my heart is going a million miles an hour.

MASON:
Where do you see yourself as an athlete in 5 years?

DANIELLA:
>I see myself as an IPF open world champion.

MASON:

It seems that you have trained around good company for a bulk of your career. You've trained at Steelhouse Fitness, as well as Hybrid Performance in Miami. You are also coached by your boyfriend Sean Noriega, who has also established himself a well-known figure in the Powerlifting world as an athlete and coach himself. How has training atmosphere as well as training partners impacted your training?

DANIELLA:
>Training around other hard working athletes like Stefi and Hayden and everyone at Hybrid has definitely impacted by training in the best way. They push me to do better and always give it my all, even if I am having an off day. Having Sean as my coach is the best decision I’ve made for my powerlifting career. He is my daily motivation and without him I wouldn’t be where I am.

Why doesn't she go to parallel?

MASON:
If a newer lifter were to ask you "I have competed in and trained for Powerlifting longer than you but am nowhere near your level, how do you do it?" How would you respond to such a question?

DANIELLA:
>I would tell them that everybody is different. The honest truth is that I have always been predisposed to being strong since I played youth sports and those genetic traits have carried through to powerlifting really well. Everyone has different genetics and different rates of progress. But if you measure your success by how you stack up against someone else, you’ll never be happy. They key is, whether you’re squatting 300 lbs or 500 lbs, is to find happiness in your own personal progress as a lifter and just keep pushing to be better every day.

ask the IPF judges who white light her world record lifts.

tell them it's the infamous hacker known as Veeky Forums calling

>womanlets on test

Not impressed

Did you ask her what drugs she's on?

What the heck all femur no shins

She competes in tested feds

>belt
>raw
Nah fuck off

The Olympics are tested too buddy but I have some news for you.

well until she gets busted or is there some strong suspicion she's done something it's pointless speculate or ask ridiculous questions like hurr durr what's she on

Her bf is a feeder (and a manlet), lol.

>he isn't willing to get surgery to shorten shins for better preformance

No female on this planet can pull 5 plates being natty unless she's grossly overweight.

Melo blasts tren and dbol. She has more free test than 80% of Veeky Forums.

Yeah a 18 y/0 chubby girl with zero muscle tone or veins and clear face, and girly voice is blasting tren.

Wanna know how I know you don't know shit

sit on my fucking face already fuck

>not wanting your powerlifting gf to get thicker
absolutely beta

She has upper chest striations you mong.

Besides, no woman in the world can get to those numbers natty.

> (You)
>>She has upper chest striations you mong.
>where?

>>Besides, no woman in the world can get to those numbers natty.
> Because you said so?

she has the weirdest legs lmao

long shins are good for squatting

Squats barely hit the ass ya dinguses.

maybe she is natty maybe she isnt, clearly she does have good genetics coz females on steroids arent that strong

>tfw spic
>tfw no gf who's hitting ironman numbers

this is 7 reps not 5

look at dat jaw; her test is probably higher than 50% of the incels on fit lul

MUH DIK

Female powerlifting is a meme. Low bar squats, sumo deadlifts and max grip bench with huge arch allows them to hit big numbers.

The key is low bar squats

*BBBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPP*

>USAPL
>tested fed
[citation needed]

What is PRI?