Are neck workouts a meme or actually effective?

Are neck workouts a meme or actually effective?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1XPVk5TiOjA
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24930131
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>does the neck have muscles?

They do for me.

So say the spirits

Neck training not only builds more aesthetic look but also develops the CNS further

Interesting. I'm considering it mainly for preventing concussions

when you're doing deadlifts, extend your neck and look up to the sky (especially when you extend at the top of the movement), helps with growth a lot.

do this workout
youtube.com/watch?v=1XPVk5TiOjA

That's fucked up, don't say that. Someone might actually do that because it sounds legit.

Do NOT look up during deadlifts, you will hurt yourself.

Would you mind explaining how? I'm seeing a lot of conflicting info on this.

It'll fuck up your spine. You should always have a neutral head placement.
I know this is at the bottom but the same applies while pulling and while at the top.

How many reps do you guys recommend?
I've been doing 3x100 bodyweight curls and extensions and it seems ridiculous.

I'm not sure that's how that works user... Concussion is a heavy impact jarring your so your brain bashes against your skull. Having a strong neck might not help a ton.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24930131

Well fuck me, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong.

Also fuck the concussion doctors who never told me this shit. I would have built a monster neck if it meant not having these three fucking concussions.

Yeah some concussion doctors are awful and tell you utter bollocks. I'd never considered this aspect before only recently came across this study. I'm going into pro-wrestling but am shit scared of concussions, had a very bad one in MMA in my early 20s and it terrified me. Not ending up brainmushed is high priority

Played football and rugby through highschool, got two if not three there and one as a young kid. funny enough rugby is safer than football for them. But yeah my docs didn't give any prevention advice it basically came down to "lol dont hit your head"

Fucking hell... Yeah can imagine football is worse since when you slam into a goalpost or another player its really unexpected and at odd angles when at least you can brace before rugby tackles

I train my neck twice a week with a harness and do 4 x 20 of each exercise

They are actually effective. You just have to do them right. A neck harness like that is pretty nice to have. What I like to do is I get in a position like doing bent over rows, kinda like in your pic but even more bent, and then go to town. The pump is amazing. Mike "The Machine" Bruce says to do 3 sets of 100 reps and he has a big fucking neck.

That and its actually something solid hitting your head (padding or helmets) which have no give so its a hard sharp impact in place of a softer more fleshy one. But yeah I have it alright, my worst two were the one when I was a kid and then my first one in high school as I think a sophomore . The kid one was I fell of a swing and smashed the back of my head on the sand box, scarred the shit out of my father as he was driving me to the hospital as i asked where we were going over and over again.

they work, but be careful. pulling a neck muscle makes life difficult for a while

You’re a meme for asking and they do work. Search it up on shittube

how much do you guys lift for neck extensions? just started recently, doing 30lbs sets of 15 reps

4x20 45lbs, i built up to it gradually though
As long as you're doing above 12 reps for sets and it's working for you, you're g2g m8