How do i stop procrastinating? i want to get to the gym but i can't fucking bring myself to walk out the door...

how do i stop procrastinating? i want to get to the gym but i can't fucking bring myself to walk out the door, i keep finding a reason or distraction

this is destroying my life

Don't find a reason not to or a distraction.

You do realize that you can just do some squats pushups and chinups right?
That calisthenics is a thing?

You're not getting out of getting fit and healthy that easily you lazy ass.
Get up and get to work.

I have the same problem, but my problem is mainly that I literally hate going to the gym. I don't like working out with other people, having to work in on machines or being around roasties and faggots when I'm sweaty as fuck. Or those assholes that stare at you while you're trying to work out, like fuck off

You're going to die someday.

And if you keep procrastinating you'll die a loser with nothing to show for your life. People won't remember you as a great man, in fact they probably won't remember you at all.

I actually like going to the gym, I like making and eating food, it feels fucking good to come back after a workout and eat a nicely cooked meal I made before but...

I just don't do it. I sit there. I treat "At X time I will go" very loosely. I say "I still have tiime, who cares? 30 minutes is nothing", 30 minutes pass, I just peek over, note in my head "there's still time though", and keep wasting my time. It's so fucking sad. I need to just actually set a specific time, and then brutally and forcefully slam the laptop screen down and get the fuck out of my chair. That's what I need to do. If I am EVER indecisive about anything at all related to time, it ends up with me just procrastinating till I end up doing it. I don't know man. I have willpower, it just turns off when I sit and procrastinate. Because the instant I decide, okay, now my goal is to make food, eat food, go work out, and then come back, I fucking do that shit, you know?

download the self control app for your computer

your procrastination is just you caving to easier options (e.g. Veeky Forums, imgur, whatever other shit), if you remove the possibility of doing those then it's easier to do the harder things

also something that helped me is realizing that big gains come from just doing little things lots of times, not form doing some big momentous task. literally all you need to do to /makeit/ is a simple 1 hour gym routine...but lots of times

Start by doing neck extensions 1x1. If those don’t work then try fork in outlet 1x1.

I used to bribe myself with candy and it worked well when while I was cutting and probably a bit more tired than usual.
Weigh up 50-60 grams (aprox 200 kcal) and eat it but only after I got out the front door.

Otherwise it's best to always bring the gym bag so you can hit the gym on the way home. Otherwise it's easy to just relax for a few "minutes" before moving out.

go dunk your head in cold water just run it
and then wake up and fucking do it

go get it find whatever the reason was that you originally started lifting and stick with it on principle because sometimes that's all you have

why does user want people to kill themselves?

Bump

>>>>>imgur

good concise post otherwise

If you have space make yourself a homegym.

>>>>>leddit
is it better now?

just yanking your chain, but yes

I'll die as my father. lol, I'm cracking open a book right now.

Discipline. Unfortunately the only thing to gain discipline is to stop procrastinating. You can't even develop anxiety without actually doing work first.

Home gym master race here.

Step 1: wake up
Step 2: pay homeless man to chase you out the door with a knife
Step 3: gains

This is the best advice in the thread. Breaking down bigger things into smaller managable chunks is the way.