Just brought the Garmin Vivoactive HR

Just brought the Garmin Vivoactive HR

Does anyone else use a fitness tracker?

Here are the Stats for my first workout/ day wearing the watch. My workout consisted of:
>20pushups
>40 crutches
>20 wide grip pushups
>40 crutches
>20 knuckle pushups
>40 crutches
>20 diamond pushups
>40 crutches
Then
>30 sec split squats
>30 sec mountain climbers
>X 3 each set
Then
>5 min skip rope
>5 min fast feet fast hand bag work.
Then
>30 sec lunges
>30 sec leg lifts
>X 4 each set
Then
>5 minute sprinting agility course
And then I played basketball. 5k calories seems like too much though, no?
I am:
>24 year old
>210lb
>5'8

Pls help me. Is this accurate?

The heart rate seems wrong, or maybe you're extremely unfit: Resting HR of 72 for a trained person is very high, while a max. HR of

Need to use it for a while so it gets used to you and gives a more accurate reading. I don't know what the vivoactive does, but if it has vo2 max estimates and all that shit it starts to work more accurately once you get a decent reading of that. Requires running outdoors though.

PolarMasterace

What model and how much did it cost? Also is it swimming friendly?

V800, swimming friendly but there are some lagging with showing heartrate when you swim.
180e but it was used and in mint condition. Great watch but little bulky.

Wow you got it for a good price. It'll be 680CAD for me..

5000 calories? What the fuck lol.

This. If your a regular training person, your HR should be around 56 - 61 depending on how fit you are.

I know right, 5k calories is impossible

5K calories is absolutely fucking crazy for your stats
total burn for that activity block would be around 500, so your TDEE shouldn't be more than 3200 or so

Yeh it was nice found, and it was with chest strap. In Finland new is something like 300-500e.

I use Strava and GoldenCheetah
GoldenCheetah is pretty cool if you autistic

I've got the Poolmate HR which comes with a chest strap but it's bulky as shit would only use when I swim since the only thing it tracks is laps swimmed and distance swimmed.

Fitness trackers can provide useful information, but take all the statistics with plenty of grains of salt. I have a fitbit charge 2 and although it gives me lots of info, a lot of it is quite inaccurate. The calorie burn is always overestimated, and the more intense my exercise is, the less accurate the heart rate tracking becomes. What I find it most useful for is relative tracking - when it says I burned a lot of calories on a day relative to other days, it is accurate in the comparison, even if not in the absolute numbers.

Apple Watch. Seems pretty accurate for what I need it to do, which is basically count steps heart rate and calculate calories burned. It’s way more accurate than any bullshit count on a cardio machine, and I update it with my current weight pretty frequently. I’ve been losing weight wearing it daily which is what I want. No complaints, except the current iteration of watchOS is a little buggy

I was looking to get one of these fit do you have any recommendations for the following

>sleep tracker (preferably with alarm goes off once your out of rem sleep or something)
>not ugly
>hr tracking but not that necessary
>cheaping

Fitbit Charge 2 if it's cheap tBh

This. Mines in the 70s and I'm a fat powerlifter who does no cardio. If you do any cardio it should be easy to be lower than that.

I've got a Fitbit, I can compare numbers with you. My resting heart rate is 59 resting, and I peak around 118 lifting and 151 when pushing myself to max in interval running/biking. I'm 25, 160 lbs, 6'. I was a high ranked fencer in college, but switched to lifting when I graduated. So I moved from a high cardio sport to a low cardio one. I miss fencing.

This. All fitness tracker overestimate calories burned. So you feel good but yourself.

None of them perform well at higher intensities. Anything under 130 is okay. But once you're in 150+ it's inaccurate as hell

Fencing is high cardio?

I would have thought it's mostly anaerobic

You'd be surprised! I'd say fencing is basically sprint level cardio when you're beyond the beginner phase. Having stamina is really critical, when you get tired, your form breaks down and you've basically lost. And when you're competing, you're going 0 to 60 each round. My coach would always make us suffer under the philosophy of "Always finish with a little extra in the tank"

It's great fun. Also fantastic for your glutes.

>5000kcl including metabolism

Nigger what. You'd have to weight 500ish pounds to burn than many calories with than few steps

I know that's why I think it seems like it's so much. I'm probably going to return the watch, seems to be giving inaccurate information. I only swam for like 30 minutes today, no way I burned this many calories