Deadlift plateau

I've been adding weight to every lift every session. Squats, weighted chin-up, rows, OHP, bench. I can add weight every session but for the life of me I can't deadlift more than 120 kg (about 260lbs).

What's happening? My deadlift has always been on the weaker side compared to my other lifts but that's why I thought it'd improve the fastest. These are my other lifts, all 5 RM:

>Squat: 250lbs (at this rate my squat will surpass my deadlift?)
>Bench: 190lbs
>OHP: 100lbs
>weighted chins: +45lbs
>BB row: 200lbs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gcr4aVLHaXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Squat more, deadlift less. Seriously.

absolutely abysmal advice
if you are doing a program with one working set of deadlift a week, stop

this is obviously not enough volume to drive your deadlift, so do more volume on your deadlift

I squat twice a week. I've ramped deadlifts up to twice a week already, it doesn't seem to help while all my other lifts improve. I'm completely stumped that it's ONLY my deadlift that's not going up so it can't be a nutrition or sleep problem right?

what is your programming like? "i deadlift twice a week" is not programming

See if you can identify specifically what it is that you're having trouble with. When you reach failure, what is it? Grip? Back? Something else? Do supplemental exercises to work on that.

Make a goal of reps jn a time limit and dont gaf about the sets.

Try 275 for 30 in 20 muns. Uf you don't get it, try 3 weeks later. Seitch yp your stance. 30-45° makes a difference. Feel out your dl to see where youre actually weak in the pool and do 2-4×10-15 assisstance on it. Alter your squat sets and reps. If youve only been doing 5s switch to 10s or if youre doing 10s switch to triples. Or just recover better.

Mon: Squat, OHP, deadlift
Tue: Row, bench, chins
Wed: rest (boxing)
Thu: Squat, OHP, deadlift
Fri: Row, bench, chins
Weekends off/cardio.

I can get the bar up maybe 3 inches or so, and I can't get up any further no matter how hard I try.

are you really fat and just starting off?
I ask because there are a ton of fat powerlifters who squat like 1000lbs but dl maybe 6-700.
It has to do with how their body is leveraged, they just cant get into a good lifting position to actually get the same weight out of a dead lift.

looks like it's not there OP, guess you got to take a week off for proper CNS recovery and do an Alan Thrall 8 week mobility camp and maybe you can start deadlifting the 45 lb again with optimal form

Those stats in general look unbalanced as fuck. Post symmetric strength man and ratio

the way you answered my question indicates you have no idea what the fuck you're doing when it comes to programming (you didn't even include sets or reps)

you probably need more volume, do nuckols 1-2x beginner deadlift from 28 free programs or something

Could be a number of different form issues. I would recommend taking a video of yourself deadlifting, and posting it here, and people can critique your form.

Post video of form.
Also post squat form. Sounds like you're squatting high.

deadlift every day. if your max is 260lb, lift 260 for one rep today, 270lb x1 tomorrow, 280 the next day, etc. just be making sure to eat a lot every day and you should be able to go up by 10lb a day, i was able to anyway.

Squatting more with back accessories carries over to deadlift more than actually deadlifting ever did for me. I literally took months off of deadlifting and just focused on squat and came back feeling stronger than ever on deads and hit a new pr

Take a week off from lifting.

What in the fuck is this post

Considering your max squat is only 10 pounds less than your max deadlifts, we can say your legs are probably strongest and doing most of the lifting, and you should probably be doing some training on the lower back, spinal erectors, traps, and forearms if you want to deadlift more weight

Im high af fuck you. If you can decipher it, it is good advice

Pack it up boys, quality advice right here.

Pajeet stop posting

that image is literally the worst deadlift form ive ever seen

Time to stop following meme programs. It's all just your mindset. Time to deadlift every single day.

youtu.be/gcr4aVLHaXI

Max dead 400lb here.
Bulking while lifting heavy is good. Technique and flexibility matter a shit ton on this lift. Lifting close to max, with as close to perfect technique for a small portion of time each day will fix the stall. Like other user's said protein is damn important. Also, consider cowboy boots, Hi heel's help stabilizer muscles. And makes your ass look great for your boyfriend.

> tfw Natural strong human freak
> tfw 60 year old dad and normy big black bff repping 500lb while laughing at me

Keep the faith man, we'll all get there someday.

Oh yeah, and start overhead pressing shit. Helps the muscles in your back to stack themselves more efficiently for the constricting and press like movements of squats and deadlifts.

Consider weighted pullups aswell for funsies.

I did Smolov jr. for deadlifts. worked quite well. Took me from 160 to 180 in three weeks. Make sure to eat a lot and don't do any other exercises.

Pic of our PM for motivation

which is not typical, at all

if you want to get good at deadlifting, the surest way to do so is to deadlift often which is why every powerlifting program (not rippetoe shit) treats it similarly to the squat (with lower volume and more variation due to the more stressful nature of the lift)

You’re not hitting parallel in your squat.

Before you say you are, videotape yourself and take a look.

While you’re at it, tape your deadlift and review your form. Chances are you don’t have a strong setup and that can help you break your plateau.

Deadlifting twice a week has always been way too much for me. For me its more like once a week, with half the sessions being pretty light

>lift your 1RM every day

>current year
>not setting a +10 lbs PR on deadlift every day

>he doesnt know about CNS
LMAO

This. Eric Bugenhagen recommends this.

Would doing a deload week (same sets and reps but lighter weight, like 60% of current) be good enough to recover a bit? I get the feeling I'd lose something if I just stopped lifting for a week.

Try romanian diddles or deficits with your deload weight. Taxes your lower back and traps a lot differently than normal diddles.

You won't lose anything if you stop for a week. You won't progress either, but you won't lose anything.

Can't remember where I read this so take with a grain of salt; I think it's something like one week does nothing, two weeks you lose slight size but not strength, three weeks you lose size and strength. Even by week three anything lost is regained very quickly by starting again.