Rice & beans are the staple of most of my meals

rice & beans are the staple of most of my meals

do you guys have any tips flavoring to keep it fresh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T06oh88VhiE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get some monkey soup
UMA

was that really necessary

Sauce

holy shit, on fucking what dude, it's just white rice and black means mixed together

NAH what the FUCK is wrong with this place, you guys are COMPLETELY fucking useless and annoying AS FUCK. I'm fucking done with Veeky Forums, PURE FUCKING CANCER.

I add a few different cajun spices and different sausages to it.

yeah, see you in an hour. You can never leave
oh and just throw any sauce on it like Worcestershire or soy sauce. Thats what i do

I need help

My rice is always sticky and rinsing for 10 minutes doesn't help

Note: I use an electric pressure cooker

Any tips?

UMA DELICIA

curcumin, black pepper, chili powder

>soy sauce

Boiiii

wtf u posting i threw up

Eat it sticky.

>getting this assblasted over thinking that he was talking about finding a source rather than implying to just add sauce to your rice and beans

>curcumin

You mean cumin or curcuma

>helping you cut

You're welcome

make it how jamaicans do

Hot sauce loser.

I mean curcumin

Most definitely too much water. Reduce it next time. Yes, i know you followed the instructions on the box. Protip, they suck ass.

My bad. That's actually how it's called in english. Sorry überzwiebel

For reap though Veeky Forums is so full of contradicting advice that you are probably better off not coming here.

Is rice and beans good for you? I also eat this every day, but i Just know It have average calories and low proteins. Should i substitute It for something else, or keep eating It moderately?

It's not too outlandish, user. You have to be open to new experiences, regardless of preconceived notions. I've had dog, cat, certain insects, etc... and never regretted taking the risk.
What I recommend is turning those beans to a spreadable paste. Use a 16 ounce can of beans and simmer them in pot with five cups of chicken stock and a few finely dices vegetables for three or four hours. You can make rice and beans with it, but it also goes well with most Mexican dishes. Here's a video: youtube.com/watch?v=T06oh88VhiE

CAAAARRRRRRBS

Probably the water temperature is too high, along with too much water. Also, avoid stirring the rice.

Not OP, I've been pretty much eating a huge meal of grain + legume daily, for over a decade. I rotate them around so it doesn't get boring. Rice is probably my least favorite grain, millet, couscous or barley all the way. Big bowl of veggies on the side. Shit is god tier

If it fits your macros it's fine, but if you're using American rice you need to wash it thoroughly beforehand to get the arsenic off.

Dude he meant put sauce on it lmao

quite an ironic post

i used to eat rice and black beans a lot, i should start again since it always made me feel good.

soy sauce is pretty good on it

some olive oil lemon and salt makes it nice too

Salt. Sugar. Acid (sour). Meatiness (meat or soy sauce or anchovies). Onions/garlic/tomatoes. Dried herbs and spices. Fat. Cooking technique.

E.g. refried beans

cook beans and reserve some liquid
heat lard in pan
dice onions and saute on medium until soft
smash garlic, add to onions and saute one minute
add beans and mash with a fork or potato masher
add cooking liquid or chicken stock or water a little at a time until the mix is kind of runny. too runny, cook off some liquid. not runny enough, add liquid.
add salt, cayenne, and cumin to taste.
put a little lemon juice in there as well as it will brighten up the flavors.

a quarter of an onion, a clove of garlic, a can of beans, and 2 T of fat is a good start for a side dish to a fairly large meal.

brown a half pound of ground meat, cook a half cup of rice, and add to the beans and top with an oz of cheese and a spoonful of sour cream for a full meal.

soy boi detected

>misogyny
>vydia board
They got pozzed hard didn't they

Don't spice it any more than with pepper
I always eat my frijoles with fried bananas because it balances the heavy and dry-rich taste of the black beans with fruity sweetness
Also you got the potassium going for you
My mom is from Cuba and rice with beans is the national dish there so trust me on that amigo

Replace the rice with sweet potatoes

u right make it onion sauce

>gungo peas and rice
Disgusting desu.

sup my fellow jamaican

the absolute state of roided fucks

The fuck is wrong with you? This is some next level shit

Always heard cat was stringy meat, confirm or deny?