Low Lectin Diet

Notice that nearly every MSM article or huffpost/vanity tier portrays his diet as crazy and no one should attempt it, simple disregard it as it is a bad idea.

Interesting... because I'v been on a light version of this diet and went from 190 to 175 in about 2 months, losing mostly belly and waist area fat in a dramatic way.

I don't work out, I do however stay active at my job, moving around.

My acid reflux is gone, indigestion gone, less gas / bloating. Higher energy when waking up and throughout the day.

I can confirm that the majority of people I'v met who are obese and constantly stomach sick or lethargic; they gorge themselves on high lectin foods. Specifically the follow;

White potatoes, corn, tomatoes, beans, peanuts, legums in general.

Now some of you might say that these are not bad food but here is the thing... eating these foods is created an uphill battle for you to maintain your body, even if you are well built and low body fat from working out, it's the fact that these foods are indeed working against you like a poison that will catch up to you eventually.

I would urge anyone who is looking to keep healthy throughout their life into their old age, take a good look at this low lectin diet because nearly every old obese person I know has the same pattern; White potatoes, corn, tomatoes, beans, peanuts. They often are in the high risk for diabetes, cancer and many other health problems.

Simple consider looking at the patterns of food that obese people eat and realize white potatoes, corn and beans are high on that list.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2271815/pdf/epidinfect00024-0031.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3153292/
raypeat.com/articles/articles/vegetables.shtml
body.io/sins-organic/
body.io/killer-kale-toxic-organic-farming/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixtamalization
mnn.com/family/protection-safety/blogs/why-manchineel-might-be-earths-most-dangerous-tree
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Made for the BBC

15 pounds in 2 months...

you do know that's mediocre, right?

I lost 77 pounds in 5 months by walking 5 days a week and cutting all sugar and carbs (outside of fruit and vegeatbles).

GOAT

You may not like it, Veeky Forums, but this is what peak performance looks like

> cut all sugars and carbs

The thing is; since I stopped eating high lectin foods, I can eat pies, cakes, doughnuts without an issues of gaining.

It's the conjunction of high lectin foods and carbs which seems to put fat around the belly area.

Remove the high lectin foods, you can now enjoy high fat and carbs without gaining much weight if any.

Add the high lectin foods, you now get fat around the belly.

Last week I ate an entire box of 12 doughnuts and a 10 inch pie my self... no weight gain. No change at all.

I'm convinced 99% that cutting out potatoes, corn, tomatoes, beans, peanuts and some other kinds of food is allowing me to avoid storing carbs.

During the time around 2010... I was eating heavy amounts of white potatoes, corn nearly every other day. I was about 220 pounds at 6'0 The majority of the weight was in my thighs and stomach, I looked like absolute shit, my neck and face were filled out as well. I was having sleep apnea and sweating a lot.

I wasn't gorging myself on sweets or junk food, simply just potatoes and corn were always part of my meal. Tomato sauce was causing me to have indigestion, acid reflux... but didn't know, I thought this was normal. So I spent years upchucking into my mouth after eating spahghetti and meatballs with tomato sauce, or anything with tomatoes.

I watch these obese people avoid cakes and pies claiming it will make them fat... yet they are already fuckin huge while stuffing their face with fries.

And no, it's not fried food, because I eat fried food often. I deep fry chicken and fish often.

Don't those baked goods have lectins from the flour? There are lectins in wheat, right? Or is that just in whole wheat? I don't know anything about this topic.

It really makes you wonder...

I'v been around people who are definitely more cut and swole but they would have a lot less wind, less stamina.

Their strength was in bursts but they would tire out quickly.

Imagine some of these guys who look like absolute monsters in the gym... They get on top of their girlfriend and do a 1 and a 2 and a 1 2 3... finished. A few hard pumps and they are now exhausted.

The men who seem to be of high energy also do cardio often or at least once a week for long periods of time.

I noticed at the gym, the people who looked like they were juicing appeared to just come in, do a few power lifts and walk out. A total of 30 minutes at the gym.

Then you had some who were probably not juicing but they would just do the heaviest they could do and leave after an hour. They had bulk but they looked like they were going to die after their work out.

It’s not mediocre, it’s a good effort, just because you had more fat to lose you sound like you have sour grapes. God people like you are just scum. Like total bottom feeding scum.

And you're absolutely right.

The steroid freak at my gym can only bench 1.5 plate

This other guy that looks dyel can do 2.5 plate.

It all depends on what you're after.

Yea, in fact there are tons of food with lectins however there are certain ones with heavy concentrations.

Also not all lectins are bad, there are different types.

Wheat has lectons, rice has lectins, corn has lectins, they are all part of the grains family of plants.

However, washing off the bran from white rice and wheat reduce the lectins greats.

As for corn, the only way to reduce lectins is to ferment the corn, as they do in south america with masa flour.
That's why it has the sour flour, it's been fermented. The japanese also ferment soy. The alkaloids destroy many of the toxins.

It's just reality, plants are not all healthy to eat... plants have defense mechanisms that poison you either quickly or slowly. Raw almonds contain arsenic, but this toxin is probably completely destroyed by heating it up. Unlike potatoes which heating and boiling only reduces their toxin's by 50%

> ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2271815/pdf/epidinfect00024-0031.pdf
> ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3153292/

The government knows, it's been published. Many foods that are commonly ate are really not good for us at all.

Not everyone is a turbo fatty like you, friend. Of course you lost that much weight. You cut out the two things that drop your calorie intake by 60% at least.

nice shitpost you literal autist. why dont you suck a dick everyday for 5 more lbs lost every week?

The thing is also, I wasn't even an effort, this was a casual as I could do it.

Go to work come home, sleep. I didn't even go to the gym or make an extra effort to work out at all.

So this is just something I wanted to put out there, because when I was going to the gym and working out for 2 to 3 hours every other day... I wasn't losing weight, but I was gaining muscle. Intense work outs seem to have little effect for losing belly fats when in conjunction with a and potatoes, corn.

>It's just reality, plants are not all healthy to eat... plants have defense mechanisms that poison you either quickly or slowly. Raw almonds contain arsenic, but this toxin is probably completely destroyed by heating it up. Unlike potatoes which heating and boiling only reduces their toxin's by 50%
That's interesting, I've heard about the defensive toxins in vegetables, etc. Ray Peat talks about that, if you know who he is.
raypeat.com/articles/articles/vegetables.shtml

Yea, there are some vegetables but more so fruits are the ones that contain these toxins. Many people forget, tomatoes are fruits, zuccini is a fruit, squash is a fruit. Potatoes are night shades, tomatoes are night shades, peppers are night shades. All high lectins.

Peanuts, Soy, Kidney Beans, Peas, Cashews are all legumes they are all related.

Peanuts are not nuts at all.

oops sorry, cashews are actually a fruit, not a nut or legume. just wanted to correct that

Interesting. Peat claims that vegetables are worse and fruits and roots have lower concentrations of natural toxins and more nutrients.
>The toxins of plants include phenols, tannins, lectins/agglutinins, and trypsin-inhibitors, besides innumerable more specific metabolic inhibitors, including “anti-vitamins.” Unsaturated fats themselves are important defenses, since they inhibit trypsin and other proteolytic enzymes, preventing the assimilation of the proteins that are present in seeds and leaves, and disrupting all biological processes that depend on protein breakdown, such as the formation of thyroid hormone and the removal of blood clots.
>Generally, fruits, roots, and tubers provide a high concentration of nutrients along with low concentrations of toxic antimetabolic substances.
He would agree about the legumes though. I'll look into it more.

Kiefer (the carb backloading guy) has also written a bit about plant toxins, although he spins it in an anti-organic way. Still interesting.
body.io/sins-organic/
body.io/killer-kale-toxic-organic-farming/

This seems to be correct with roots, except for certain ones.

Sweet Potatoes and White Potatoes are not related.

Yes, I would have to disagree with Peat on the vegetables claim.

It's been well documented that fruits are known to carry some pretty nasty toxins. Just for example, look at how many fruits actually carry deadly toxins which cause acute reactions.

I wouldn't eat vegetables raw too often but they definitely have lower toxins. Of course there are a few that really should be not over eaten such as brussel sprouts which appear to have lots of sulfur, which isn't bad at all but can become toxic if over eaten.

Yes this makes perfect sense, since vegetables absorb so much water, if the ground is contaminated then the vegetables act as a carrier for that contamination.

Of course I would recommend heavy amounts of one type of any vegetables.

Switch it up weekly. Red Onion, Spinach, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Red Cabbage as well as many others, simply rotate.

* wouldn't recommend heavy amounts of one type

Your first link is on raw kidney beans, the rare occurance where food toxins actually show harm, and it's deactivated completely by cooking. Second link even says the incidence of problems due to food toxins is low.

Masa harina is also not fermented, it's cooked with lime. Arsenic is not removed by cooking either. Where are you getting your info?

> Just for example, look at how many fruits actually carry deadly toxins which cause acute reactions.
What fruits does your grocery store sell that cause acute reactions, or reactions of any kind?

Where's this data on brussel sprout toxicity?

Masa harina is fermented.

> Arsenic is not removed by cooking either.

Arsenic is destroyed with heat.

> Your first link is on raw kidney beans, the rare occurance where food toxins actually show harm

Just because you are not having life threatening symptoms doesn't mean they are not killing you slowly.

You can consume various amounts of poisons without any side effects or maybe just a mild stomach ache.

This doesn't mean it's okay, this poisoning is slow and cause stress to your immune system, intestines and other organs.

Coca cola is shit, but people are not dying from it over night. Does that mean it's okay to drink?

Fuck no.

Also this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixtamalization

What is a liver?

>Lectins are a type of protein that can bind to cell membranes. They are sugar-binding and become the “glyco” portion of glycoconjugates on the membranes. Lectins offer a way for molecules to stick together without getting the immune system involved, which can influence cell-cell interaction.

say good bye to sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, dyels.

hint: when people say "it's well documented" and make clumsy statements like "causes acute reactions" with no specificity = bullshit statements.

also sorry but it's not arsenic i was thinking of it's cyanide. My mistake. cyanide is what almonds contain.

> I have filter so I dump garbage into it on purpose

I'm not saying in the grocery story, I'm saying in general throughout the world of fruits and vegetables; there are many more highly poisonous fruits than simply vegetation.

Rubarb's leaves are toxic, however the toxin isn't very strong.

mnn.com/family/protection-safety/blogs/why-manchineel-might-be-earths-most-dangerous-tree

Yeah, nah.

>Gisele had children with this
Proof that face & status >>>>>>>>>>everything else

Just lol @ you gymcels. Irrefutable proof.

>White potatoes, corn, tomatoes, beans, peanuts, legums in general.
forgot to note that fatties eat fried versions of these, fried food makes you fat no shti

i havent seen an obese person eat a boiled white potatoe like ever

> To reduce your lectin intake, avoid all types of grains, especially wheat, corn, barley, oats, rye and rice, according to a paper published in 1999 in "World Review of Nutrition and Dietetics," which include breads, crackers, buns, pizza dough, breakfast cereals, tortillas, muffins, cakes and cookies. Avoid the beans found in hummus, soups and bean salad as well as peanuts, peanut butter and soy-based foods. Limit nightshades, vegetables and fruits, such as tomatoes, eggplants, potatoes, bell peppers, hot peppers and goji berries.

Jesus H Christ that is a long list of shit to avoid

why would anybody listen to huffton post when they want males to become soyboy faggot queers

This is just a partial list of what I have been told is bad for you according to /fit:

dairy and meats supposed to be bad cos of estrogens
Legumes are now bad cos of lectins
Whole grains with the bran are bad cos they interfere with fat absorption
But white carbs are also bad cos of low nutrient content an hi glycemic index
Large fish are bad cos of mercury
Eggs are bad cos of the fats
Soy is bad cos it makes you gay (lol)

Literally everything is bad for you according to fit autists. What the fuck are you supposed to eat?

inb4 a 100% onion based diet

Maybe you should all stop worrying about what's bad for you and just lift, do cardio, eat a balanced amount of carbs fats and proteins and lots of fruit and veg? Or is that too obvious?

I don't think the correct response to the glut of conflicting information is just to give up

There's a lot of research coming out now that's saying sugar will kill you. Are you going to ignore that too? Go and sit in front of Netflix with a big bowl of ice cream as some little triumph over Veeky Forums's judgement?

You halfwit. Face, fame, body, money; these are all TYPES of status. Tom Brady has very high status because he is famous, the GOAT, rich, and handsome. He doesn't need a sick bod to be high status.

A man with a sick body is still a high status man. Just not as high status as the literal GOAT face of the NFL.

>arsenic destroyed with heat

wow you can destroy an element by heat! go grab your nobel prize! quick!

>Go and sit in front of Netflix with a big bowl of ice cream as some little triumph over Veeky Forums's judgement?
Hey that’s me. Granted I can’t remember the last time I had ice cream, at least not in the past 2 months.
Also been liftan/boxan/joggan for the past 2 years. I just really wanted to know if they pulled off the flavor because I fucking love pistachios, and well they didn’t fuck these guys.

Yeah, cause you probably weighed 400 lbs. Obviously it would be easy for a fat fucked like you to cut out soda and lose that much weight.

People who need to lose only 40-30 lbs have it harder than you.

>he didn't understand the last paragraph of my post

>fat people gorge on beans
>beans and tomatoes put you at risk for diabetes

You don't have a single source to back up your shit claims. Stop shillling your stupid fucking fad diet bullshit here. We already have enough vegan and keto fags.
I am just surprised you haven't' recommended a nice lectin blocking pill to shill with your diet.

I would urge you to kill yourself.

>Don't eat meat
>Don't eat veggies
I fucking hate the internet sometimes, for everyone one piece of evidence there can be found another contradicting it. How the FUCK are we supposed to know what's right any more?

GOMAD and wash down your onion oats with sips?

So much text, so little information.
If your diet made you stoned, I may want some for the weekends, presuming it doesn't show up in a drug test.

i have ibd. potatoes saved my life. fuck off
what else am i going to eat since meat gives me heartburn and acid reflux
im at 136 lbs now.

IBS: Does oatmeal work for you? (curious)
It's a pretty good source for macros (better than potatos) if it does.

>IBS: Does oatmeal work for you? (curious)
nah too much fiber. anything high in fiber fucks me up besides blueberries(which is odd)
sucks that my body can't handle anything that has "bad" ingredients in it. potatoes about the only thing thats cheap that i can bulk on. going to just hope since this has been happening only for 5 months. i'll be back to normal in a year.

JUST
FUCKING
EAT
LESS

you fat piece of fucking shit. There is no silver fucking bullet where weight loss is concerned. JUST EAT LESS! And go to the gym once in a while. Learn to not need to stretch your stomach to the limit just to feel good and get used to physical exertion. You can eat literally any food you fucking want, just eat less of it.

There is no magic fucking potion. People like you are the reason that the weight loss supplement industry is booming.

>losing mostly belly and waist area fat in a dramatic way.
>belly and waist area fat
fuck off my board you retard

Onions have high concentrations of fructans too, which can be really inflammatory to the digestive system of some people

>masa harina is fermented
In no sense of the word is it fermented.
>Arsenic is destroyed with heat
How? It's a chemical element, not an enzyme.
>Just because you are not having life threatening symptoms doesn't mean they are not killing you slowly.
Where is any evidence of any harmful effect then?
>Coca cola is shit, but people are not dying from it over night. Does that mean it's okay to drink?
You can directly measure the effects of drinking coca cola and see what harm it's causing. What foods you're talking about, we only ever see benefits in studies. Where is your data on these foods being poisonous and fucking people up long-term?

>I'm not saying in the grocery story, I'm saying in general throughout the world of fruits and vegetables
So then you're speaking with no practicality whatsoever. Some plants are poisonous. We eat the plants that aren't poisonous. There's no evidence that eating kale or pinto beans or oatmeal will poison you long-term.

checked
>100% onion diet
>it can be done, but should it?

Uh, dude I agree with you about lectins, but grains, especially glutinous ones are some of the highest lectin foods lol

An organ that works much better if you don’t constantly stress it out