How often does Veeky Forums get DOMS?

How often does Veeky Forums get DOMS?

>lift 5 days a week
>constantly in a state of varying degrees of DOMS

IS this normal?

Always. Almost every muscle I work on.

Same. If I don’t get DOMS it means I didn’t work the muscles enough. I think the “your body get used to it, you won’t fell DOMS after a couple of months is bullshit.”

I never get doms.

DOMS is not an indicator of an effective workout

Then you aren’t going hard enough.

I’ve never had DOMS after a light/shitty workout though

What’s doms

The bro science guy

Same here. But I am making slow gains

>tfw hammie doms everytime after rip squats

Please tell me you didn't fall for the "Full body is a meme, splits for aesthetics brah" - meme....
Hit your muscles more than once a week and doms should not be a big issue.

Me neither

Tfw I train each compound 2x a week and don't get doms. L2p

Stop doing shitty ass brosplits.
>brooo fuckin leg day yesterday xDD haha

Normies

This
AxAxAxA
All the compounds for high volume and aux lifts, no doms, still lifting heavy
Try harder cunts

How's that going for you bud

Absolutely excellent. For years. What routine do you run and how's it going?

Back to liftinf after 2 year hiatus, 3 weeks in and only good feels

A
Dips 3x5
OHP 3x5
Squat 3x5
Face pulls 3x12

B
Deadlift 1x5
Rows 3x5
Chinups 3xf
Hammer curls 3x10

ABXABXX

Pretty simple. I'm thinking when it's been a few months I'll do some assistance exercises for mass. Still in the newbie gain train though and things are going well.

When I was a teenager up to 22-23 I never got it unless I've had a break. (And after a break you need to slowstart.)
Now when I'm older I'm often feel a little bit sore after working out, but it's not bad in any way. More of a sore stiffness than ache.

I get doms on my chest and rarely on my triceps, but never on any other muscle group.

so you deem a workout as "ineffective" unless you get DOMS? that's kind of retarded.

I only get doms if I do a move or excercise I haven’t done in a while, which is how it’s supposed to be .

You don’t even lift

The burning feeling you have after working out, it indicates that your muscles are rebuilding themselves.

I do crossfit and I get doms pretty much every single day.

Stopped getting DOMS after about 2 months of working out. Helps to get a lot of sleep, take cold showers, and eat at a surplus. It’s especially good if you’re doing a program like SS with similar and low rep ranges every day, then you get more growth and less soreness.

Have you considered actually working out?

You clearly just started.

>if you dont get DOMS, you dont train hard enough
quality DYEL-posting

Rarely
/oldfit/, so I have some degree of soreness & stiffness in the morning no matter what
However, I usually lift 5-6 days/week, and sometimes multiple sessions. Above moderate volume is king for someone like me.
I rarely have any serious DOMS as long as I eat enough, sleep enough, and piss clear

topkek
also topkek, crossfit is for losers

I only get DOMs when I take a break from working out.

Alright then, what are your numbers? Surely you're either extremely strong or jacked since your workouts are so effective

this. DOMs stop after 1 week of working out.
no, if you don't have DOMs it doesn't mean your workout was useless or you didn't go hard enough
source: 1/2/3/4 3 years lifting

Usually only when I work in the 8-12 rep range and I've increased the weight on a major compound significantly. For example, I jumped my pause squats from 70 to 75kg for reps of 8 and I had doms the day afterwards.

Delayed Onset Manlet Syndrome

I actually love the feeling of DOMS

Its like a pleasurable pain.

I get DOMS when I'm out of the gym for a while and come back. If I'm going for about 2 weeks consistently though it never comes back until I change my routine and do different lifts

Once your body has adjusted to volume you will no longer get doms. This means starting a new routine or lifting in general for the first time will give you doms but it goes away after 2-3 weeks.

Yeah, first workout after a break I'm basically a puddle for a day.

If getting BBC very normal

I exercise for the DOMS. I derive pleasure from the pain.

fuck off
>le no pain no gain

Pretty much never unless I'm not eating enough calories/protein or I have recently massively increased training volume and even then I don't really get them.
You all need to either lift with a higher frequency or eat more.

Weird, I was just wondering about this when I decided to check Veeky Forums.

Are you me?

If I take a break from a body part for 1 or 2 sessions I will get doms again for a couple of days. If I take a longer break it can be really bad but it's a good and satisfying burn the next day.

my DOMS are very mild and barely noticeable now, they are only bad when you start lifting after a couple weeks off, but after a week its back to normal for me

Its only normal if its very mild.

Same, if I ever have to stop (sickness, going on a trip, etc) the first couple workouts when I get back are always DOMStown. It kinda sucks but also feels weirdly good to ache again after letting myself rest.

Yea it never stops me from doing anything and I’m not walking around like Frankenstein. It’s just perpetual mild discomfort.

I'm intermediate and squat/pull enough to get sore for 3+ days after a workout.

Basically my plan is to keep doing newbie linear workouts, but only every 4th or 5th day. It seems to be working.

Leg day could still be mostly heavy compound movements

Try beta ala
nine

>IS this normal?
depends on your training, depends on the person. some guys get more sore than others.

I pretty much never get it unless I'm doing something I haven't done before (or for quite a long time) that involves substantial eccentric loading.

This fucking meme. Soreness isn't an effective indicator of effort.

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but you're doing that set of exercises once per gym day?

>Soreness isn't an effective indicator of effort.
It actually is.

Right on. Just some thoughts, try rows before dl to warm up your grip and try your squat to split your upper ohp dip

You'll get more rest and maybe hit a little heavier

Not a bad set up at all though