Do vitamin supplements actually work? I hear pros and cons of things like vitamin d3

Do vitamin supplements actually work? I hear pros and cons of things like vitamin d3

only the white ones

Of course they work, otherwise GPs wouldn't prescribe them for low vitamin levels.

I had some bloodwork done and found out I had a vit. D deficiency, doc gave me a scrip for D supps.

zinc and vitamin D help with T levels

Ive never heard any cons to D3, but wouldnt it be better to get 20 mins of sun every day?

hard to do in the north sometimes.

all you need is Vitamin D3, Zinc (not oxide) and Magnesium

better mood, higher T and restful sleeps

how many IUs of vitamin D should i get?

10k iu a day will poison you so anything under that and ur good

400 IU is enough. Higher than 800 when you dont have a prescription is not adviced, med stud here

Moron.

+25 mcg/day if you eating decently (not vegan)
+50 mcg/day if you don't and never spend time in the sun.
Multiply with 40 for IU unit.

(Rec daily dosage for USA and EU was 15 mcg/day last time I looked but most studies shows it it be beneficial with more, especially if older.)

>med stud here
well youre gonna be one shit doctor

Ya dropped a couple of zeroes there m8

that's not what the internet told me...

okay
have fun taking in 8000 UI
allways listen to the internet articles. School only lies to you

i take 15000 a day, soyboy

How north we talking, user? Just last week in new york it was 60 f and sunny. If you're very white skinned and can handle being outside shirtless, is vitamin d3 really necessary?

Every country has different directives and not sure which one is yours, but your teachers probably need to update their info.

(old excerpt) European Food Safety Authority, Scientific Committee on Food
Scientific Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies
Book "Tolerable upper intake levels for vitamins and minerals", February 2006, Page 184
4.5. Summary of upper levels for vitamin D Age (years)
Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL) for vitamin D (µg/day)
Age 0-10: 25 mcg/day
11-adults: 50 mcg/day (Equals 2000 IU/day)

But I advice against going above 50 mcg per day unless you take additional Vitamin K2 due to several cases of hypercalcaemia with high dosages (usually at 100 mcg/day or above for an extended period of time).

Notice K2 (menaquinone), not K1 (phylloquinone), and the additional dose would be 1000 mcg/day (yes that's waaaay more than rec daily, but osteocalcin process usually benefits from that level).
Currently it's diffictult/impossible to get that in the West that for some reason hate everything that can't be patented. In Japan it can be prescribed to elderly in the doses of 45000 mcg/day to protect against osteoporosis.

I "blame" modern hygiene that makes us lack optimal doses of vitamin K. USDA "Menaquinone-4 content toplist by 100 grams.csv" for more info, but pre-made food seem to have more bacteria producing it than raw food.

Dakotas

I've started taking a about 125 mg Zinc per day, a pretty big dose, half in the mornong and half before bed. I've been having almost out of body lucid dreaming experiences this last week. I know some people report vivid dreams but this is ridiculous. I may have to cut my dose in half, nights have become to intense.

Taking that much zinc is going to throw your magnesium off and probably make you moody

>125 mg Zinc
thats way too much bruh, i mean you piss out about two thirds anyway but this isnt good in the long run