Can regular cardio replace leg day?

Can regular cardio replace leg day?

Get out

No you fucking idiot

Go the fuck back to 9gag you flimsy fuck

THANK YOU SKELETON

why not though?

Because running in an aerobic exercise and doesn't build muscle. To make you're legs strong you need to stress you muscle tissue with anaerobic weightlifting.

Assuming I‘m untrained wouldn‘t running with my legs hurting afterwards be basically the same?

yes

You're legs may get marginally stronger but there would be no progressive over load. So the minimal strength gain that running confers would be achieved fairly quickly, little if anything would be gained after that in terms of strength.

Why the fuck are people so afraid of leg day? Just do some fucking squats already.

How about HIIT sprints?

HIIT actually works

Yeah, because cyclists never train legs. Especially not track cyclists...

See

Do whatever the fuck you want, Veeky Forums isn't your doctor. You will have chicken legs though.

this

up: cardio
down: lifting

top left can squat 160kg btw

so cardio > lifting

No

Retard, all cyclists do squats, leg press and all kinds of leg exercises at the gym

That's not much. You do know that, right?

made for bbc

No but you'll get very good looking legs and ass if you do both.

No

Sure. Your regular cardio needs to become flat sprints, hill sprints and some sled work.

The top row are climbers. They need to be skinny as fuck to go over mountains and rely on endurance over brute strength.

The bottom row are track cyclists. Sprinting cyclists will also have pretty big legs, but not as big as those on the track. They need tons of high-twitch muscle fibers to accelerate as quickly as possible.

Yes, you can substitute the core of your leg day using cycling, but you should still do squats since they're a critical compound lift. Just make sure you mostly focus on sprints and not endurance, or you'll fuck yourself in the long term.

I used to cycle 50+ miles every weekend (endurance training obviously) and now my squat sucks ass because I built up my slow-twitch fibers which make a few movements of a lot of weight difficult. My legs still look pretty big though, they just can't squat a ton of weight.

>bottom right
Holy shit, how do I get calves this big?