/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

NO AUTISM ALLOWED EDITION

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS NOT EVERYTHING
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ive been skipping breakfast and lunch and eating late in the evening

have i been fucking my self by """"spiking""""" my insulin before bed?

Studies about this are pretty inconclusive, so you can do whatever. For maximum assurance you could move the meal to lunch though, i guess.

yea will start trying that today, lunch seems to be the best time because insulin is naturally higher earler in the morning.

Cico isn't everything, but everything is nothing without Cico.

Didn't see this in the catalogue earlier so I made a different thread with this question. But can I use iodized salt instead of pink salt for snake juice? Slept through my alarm, so didn't bring any. Pretty active at work, so I don't want to faint.

yes, pink salt is just a meme :) dont worry about it, hospitals dont use pink salt in saline

If you fast you definitely don't care about CI, only CO.

Normal salt is ok, pink salt is kind of a meme

On my third day of fasting, I ended up eating one french fry for some fucking reason because I was feeling terrible after drinking coffee (Jitters + anxiety). Did this kick me out of ketosis? This happened yesterday morning btw

It probably spiked insulin a bit, but shouldn't have kicked you out of keto

only momentarily. think about it this way. there's only what, 20 calories maximum in that fry? Your body burns 1 calorie roughly every 1.5 minutes.

You would have been in ketosis again within the hour.

Trying 23/1 meme.

Ate 2 kebabs,some almonds,half a pizza. Lets see if I will put on weight

Can someone explain the snake potion meme? Im not fasting just curious. Will that thing kill me by any chance?

It's iodized salt though. That's not going to break my fast is it? Especially when I'm going to have to take heaps of the stuff. It's all I have here at work.

forgot the helper

I really think i'm going to fast for 21 days
I feel like shit everyday , always have been overweight in my ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE ( got like 40lbs to loose )
I'm like "Shit , i really wish i didn't wake up" Every fucking day ( not because of the Weight but i can't accomplish any fucking thing unless its extreme )
I'm getting électrolyte , i'll stop the sport i do ( boxing ) and do that fucking shit

Redpill me on insulin and insulin spikes pls. Might try fasting but i would like to know more details about this.

iodized salt is normal salt, don't worry. Pretty much every salt is iodized today.

Snake potion is necessary to not die/feel bad because of missing electrolytes.

How can you do boxing and be fat, like cmon

Thanks.

>Pretty much every salt is iodized today
100% untrue. Most sea salts and nearly all pink meme salts are non iodized. You better make sure it is iodized.

Welp, where i live most normal salt is iodized, there has to be written non iodized for it to not be.
Europe here.

I don't give a fuck anymore man , i'll die trying if i need to , its the only way i'm making it , its either i succeed or i live like a sub-human shit for the rest of my life

ya america sucks i already know

→ #
Avocado... there was more than one video... watch the six part series. Point I'm making is Fung doesn't rely on computer models. You are straw manning him to discredit him, why tho?

Currently 64 hours into a 7 day water fast. It's not nearly as bad as I'd thought, but I'm also fat as fucking shit at 270lbs.

>Last digits of this post will be added as extra hours to this fast.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
I CAN'T STOP LOSING WEIGHT
I THINK I HAVE CANCER

Good luck bruh, you can do it

>You are straw manning him to discredit him, why tho?
he is doing same stuff with Snakeman.

You really need to count your calories. Graphs are nice but with caloric count it would be better

Thanks man, I appreciate the support!

I've had good success with IF leading up to this. I went on a 5 mile hike yesterday. Initially I felt dizzy, but about half way through I had a surge of energy. Going to go on the same trail today.

>Graphs are nice but with caloric count it would be better
Welp, i'm making a graph too, but without counting calories, even if i can estimate them pretty nicely.
I'm pretty sure i'm running a caloric deficit though.

I can see where you are coming from, if I stop being a cheapskate then I will buy a food scale. I take a picture of everything I eat and I assure you that at an absolute minimum it is 2000 calories. CICO says I should be maintaining weight...

...but I am dropping weight like a rock. On track for 4 lbs in 4 days

Last time you took shit was 60 hours ago? That would mean you are not eating much

oooo nice lemme see that graph if you wanna show. are you the guy who is tracking ketones too?

The calories going in my mouth are basically my TDEE, but the total amount of calories being absorbed is way below TDEE

>I'm pretty sure i'm running a caloric deficit though.
No fucking shit... which is why your metabolism is going to drop and you'll stop losing weight... when you're done shilling OMAD you'll gain weight but not from strength training you fucking fyel.

You're an actual faggot.

I AM SO MAD ABOUT THIS!!! I've been forced to do hours of cardio with a fucking gigantic 2lb log of shit in my lower intestines ughhhh i can literally feel it, i'm so bloated

i have always had constipation issues so that's what's going on here

stop

How the FUCK do you eat only one mean a day but still manage to consume enough calories?

>hours of cardio
maybe thats why you are losing weight.
What kind of cardio?

HIGH FAT

You fucking stop shill... you're tripfagging again after storming off and pouting... honestly can't believe you came back after that spanking.

IF YOU PROMOT EATING LIKE SHIT YOU ARE FUCKING SABOTAGING PEOPLE NOT HELPING THEM. YOU DON'T HAVE "CANCER" YOU FAGGOT YOU ARE JUST NOT EATING MAINTENANCE CALORIES, ITS NOT FUCKING MAGIC.

You're an actual faggot.

calorie dense/fatty/sugary foods + a willpower similar to Matt Stonie's

hours of cumulative cardio, sorry :) i walk/jog for 1.5 hrs per day on average. this burns a maximum of 400 calories. a famous physicist has explained why exercise is a highly inefficient way to burn fat

I always run a caloric deficit man, even when i'm not doing omad, stop spouting shit.
I'm literally eating as much as usual but not subdivided, and i'm losing weight.

Could someone please explain what the snake potion is and post recipe?

And it won't last, you need to fucking watch the videos in the OP... "Eat Less Move More" is bullshit and will make you fat a fuck. You deserve it but don't expect to promote your stupid snowflake shit without getting blown the fuck out... nobody else needs to hear about your bad choices you make because you don't fucking understand metabolism.

>no autism
>posts most autistic photo ever created

Recipe is in the OP graphic.
>1 tsp Sodium Chloride
>1 tsp Potassoum Chloride
>1 Liter Water
It's an electrolyte drink, as explained in the OP graphic. It doesn't aid in weight loss its just for making long fasts less shitty.

I'm the guy from the other day that weighs 60 kg lol, just stop

So, you're still fucking your metabolism... enjoy being a skinny fat that can't cut the "stubborn baby fat" when your fucking TDEE is mother fucking 1200 calories.

You’re right, these special snowflakes think the fuckin laws of physics apply to them, fuckin tards

Disprove it... I'll revise it.

I have a question. People say that we cant take artificial sweeteners and zero-calorie drinks, becauae it raises insulin and then we cant burn fat, right? Here is what I dont get, if I drink zero calories energy drink, and because of it I stop burning fat for the next 3 hours, then from where am I getting energy? It surely not from the drink itself...

Am I missing something , or is " raised insulin = no fat burning " not true.

buhbye now

What are you talking about? Laws of physics? You making a comment about CICO and thermodynamics? Read the fucking OP nigger... they're not exempt from the INEVITABLE metabolic slowdown from consistent daily caloric resriction on fucking OMAD.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

It's based on what /fast/ knows to be true...., correct it... I'll revise it.

>a famous physicist has explained why exercise is a highly inefficient way to burn fat
exercise alone for sure but in combination with diet?

Can I see a picture of your current physique

They do raise insulin, by x amount and for y duration of time.

The more insulin in your blood, the less number of cells in your body that will be running off of endogenous adipose tissue/glycogen.

So, in my amateur opinion, perhaps just 1 drink wouldn't cause an insulin spike for 3 hours, and it wouldn't result in 0.0000% adipose tissue usage.

BUT, it would certainly have an effect.

lmao i love the molyneux image

>metabolic slowdown
[citation needed]

The irony of that quote is that there is zero evidence for macroevolution

I suppose a good way for me to test this would be to sit on my ass for a few days and see if I still lose weight :) but honestly when i'm eating huge ass 4lb meals every day, I feel a deep compulsion within me to move and use up all the energy

Can I get an answer without you trying to deflect?

CRITIQUE THE IMAGE AND I WILL FIX IT, I WANT IT TO BE ACCURATE (but also funny, if you didn't laugh at "the dirty camel" you have no sense of humor, I laughed when I made that up lol...)

>4lb meals every day
You said it was 5 lb before... are you cutting further?

the biggest fluctuation in meal weight is due to A) water, and B) fiber content of food

if you take a look at the numbers in this chart: , you'll see that my weight will rise between 4 and 5 lbs (e.g yesterday, 166.3 to 170.5, a 4.2lb meal)

I don't want to mislead anyone but there are very few people in the world capable of eating 4-5lbs of highly calorie dense food like butter or oil haha. I am definitely eating a lot, everything i eat is fried, hydrogenated oil, sugar, simple carbohydrates, gravy etc

No dude, MAINTENANCE CALORIES means daily net over net same weight including normal exercise... you are a dyel and your routine is catabolic as fuck. Are you going for twink mode?

I gained 14lbs in 2 days after breaking my prolonged fast. I was not eating anything crazy. Do you think it is water weight? My weight remained same after the initial 14lbs gain

Are you shitting?

OMAD works so well for me. Down from 205 to 179 this morning. Do you guys know where the paradigm that is Breakfast Lunch and Dinner came from?

definitelyyyyy a ton of water in there. the shit will only weigh a few pounds. the water will come off over the next 3-4 days.

My body removes about 2lbs of excess water per day, according to my scale.

What's your plan for the next few days?? Honestly congrats!! you are through the hardest part, now you just need to manage the rebound.

>are you going for twink mode
yes, unironically

congrats!!! keep going. 3MAD is an agricultural conspiracy

Yea we know you're eating like shit its not something to laugh and brag about because you're just trashing your body.

Pounds of food are irrelevant, your body doesn't burn pounds it burns calories of energy and you need to fucking track it. All we need to know to know for a fact that you're eating under maintenance is that your weight isn't maintaining... it's not fucking complicated. OMAD isn't weight loss magic.

You're doing CICO on OMAD and pretending its magic... Biggest Loser contestants did CICO and got fat as fuck again (Fung Videos) because they fucked their metabolism with calorie restriction... i.e., eating below maintenance... exactly what you're doing.

i swear to god there is no way in hell that i am eating under TDEE (~2000 calories)

I am CERTAINLY, without a doubt, ABSORBING way less than my TDEE

Do you understand this??

I took shit like 8 hours after breaking my fast + puked. Veggies that I ate 8 hours prior were 100% undigested. Still gained like 7lbs that day

>What's your plan for the next few days??
OMAD for like 3 days. Im the guy here but then right back to fasting

Cool thats all I needed, why do you think anyone else wants to be a twink? Look forward to this post in every thread.

IF YOU FOLLOW INNAWOODS ADVICE YOU WILL BE A TWINK LIKE INNAWOODS.

Sounds like you need to work on your gut microbes, how long did you fast?

>OMAD for like 3 days
So how does this make sense? If your gut isn't digesting food efficiently, why would you overload your gut with food once a day... your refeed is fucked. You need fermentable fibers in low volumes to encourage the proliferation of good gut bacteria. OMAD is not a refeed diet lmao see what damage you're doing here woods, you actual faggot...

I have absolutely no problem with you telling everyone that I am going for twink mode, I have no desire for followers.

Also bro deep down inside I did some thinking about you and avocado. I don't hate anyone here. I want everyone to share information, not try to lead cults. You can do whatever you want!! Seriously, I'm not gonna argue with anyone or even give advice or anything that can be conceived as shilling.

I will just be posting my data.

Sorry, i forgot your height and weight stats?
That's definitely a lot of weight gain but it's certainly water. Even if you ate and digested 7000 calories, that's only 2 lbs of fat. The beauty of water weight is that as quickly as it comes on, it comes off.

OMAD + multi fasts is a very patrician diet in my opinion. Good luck to you and keep chugging. You see how slow my progress is. Just 1lb a day maximum, but I stick with it.

2x 10 day fast in november
few short ones because way too many refeeds

>Do you guys know where the paradigm that is Breakfast Lunch and Dinner (((came from)))?

I'll give you ONE guess.

Yea, you're losing weight cuz magic? You don't even fucking know because you don't track calories lmao. So Explain how you're losing weight by eating maintenance calories... spoiler: you can't, because you're not.

>NO AUTISM ALLOWED EDITION
So you want to exclude everyone who ever was or ever will be on Veeky Forums, including yourself? Seems counterproductive.

>So how does this make sense? If your gut isn't digesting food efficiently, why would you overload your gut with food once a day... your refeed is fucked. You need fermentable fibers in low volumes to encourage the proliferation of good gut bacteria. OMAD is not a refeed diet lmao see what damage you're doing here woods, you actual faggot...

I didnt refeed with OMAD. I broke my fast 4 days ago. This is my first day with OMAD

Thanks. I know it cant be fat but imagine my shock when I weighted myself 2 days after breaking my fast and boom! +14 lbs

>I have no desire for followers.
>tripfags
You're an actual faggot.

>explain how you're losing weight by eating maintenance calories

Step One: Eat TDEE in one meal
Step Two: Body only partially absorbs food eaten
Step Three: Lose weight

compared to

Step One: Eat TDEE across 3-6 meals
Step Two: Calories are fully absorbed
Step Three: Gain weight

If you're interested, I can go dig up this blog post from a guy who water fasted for 5 days on a UFC diet. He lost 30lbs in 5 days.... and gained it back.... in one day

Fucking incredible lol, he was deliberately trying to do this though

>WHY CICO IS NOT EVERYTHING
LOL he doesn't believe in physics.
He also thinks the Earth is flat and the Moon landings were faked, LOL
>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
LOL none of you need to worry about that just get the fork out of your mouth and RUN, fatties
>WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO
LOL just another extreme meme 'diet' no one can stick with.
PUT THE FORK DOWN AND RUN, FATTIES
>all the rest of the shitty links
LOL you fatasses are just making up excuses when you should be getting the fork out of your pieholes and moving more.

If you ate 14 lbs of food in 4 days on a REFEED after 10 days fasting you fucked up your refeed, you need to lower food volume and allow your fucking gut some time to get back in condition to handle food. For a 10 day fast you want to take at least 3-5 days focusing only on foods that help grow good gut bacteria. Shorter fasts

post body

>he doesn't believe in physics
do you not understand how insulin affects calorie absorption

>put down the fork and run, fatties
let's see photos of your meals and body, big man

>Body only partially absorbs food eaten
Which means you're absorbing a deficit of calories you actual faggot.

>t. brainlet

>which means you're at a deficit
yes. if you are fasting, you're also at a deficit. except i have the energy for exercise, and you don't

>have some drastic digestive issues that last for months
>too broke to consider going to doctor
>decide to just not eat for a few days and drink a bunch of water instead
>feel amazing
>digestive issues completely fixed

Thats how I stumbled into the 'fasting is good' thing. I didn't even realize it was a thing people did on a regular basis until afterward.

>You have undigested food slowly snaking through your system
I hope not because I took shit 2 times yesterday and once more this morning.

these guys are insane. I know that they do shit like this before weighin

On Snakeman's OMAD he maintains weight and puts on muscle, you're doing it completely wrong.

>you're also at a deficit.
Yes and the differences in below maintenance and zero calories is vastly different. lol literally read thr OP.

congrats!!

you can press on your intestines to see if you have shit still in there. don't worry about people trying to cause paranoia

and lol yeah fuckin ufc guys are insane, props to them tho for doing shit i can't do

he eats less than 90 net g of carbs, 3500 calories of fat and protein, and does strength training, because his goal is to gain muscle and lose fat

my goal is to lose as much weight as possible, more than 80% of which is fat and water

lol literally doesn't understand the difference between fasting and calorie restriction

lol this fucking guy

you guys act as if fasting has some mystical healing properties.

no thanks, here are 3 minimum requirements for any diet of mine

1) I get to eat
2) I get to exercise
3) I lose weight

fasting can only do #3

>my goal is to lose as much weight as possible, more than 80% of which is fat and water
Your goal is to be a twink which nobody else wants... but you have people looking at your retarded "experiment" and doing stupid shit like OMAD after a refeed You are not helping here... drop the trip and fuck off. "Eat Like Shit OMAD" is not fasting.

1&2 are for OMAD, but if you include 3 you're fucking your metabolism, this is why it's split out. Combining 1 and 3 is just CICO. Cutting on a straight fast is beneficial because it conserves muscle and drops weight WITHOUT fucking your metabolism.

>What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting,

please show me some links that tell me how OMAD is ruining my metabolism

Is fasting for 24hours every 2weeks / once a month worth it? I don't really have any other free days in my schedule to do it and I don't want to fast while at work, I want my mind to be sharp, which is not the case while I'm fasting

>please show me some links that tell me how OMAD is ruining my metabolism
You're still not getting it... It's not BECAUSE its OMAD its because you're eating BELOW. MAINTENANCE as proved by your weight loss. Links in OP, which I relinked once already, explain how calorie restriction fucks your metabolism... it is literally the root cause of the yoyo diet phenomenon... Fung uses Biggest Loser as an example... it's fucking pervasive in the fad diet market place. You're basically asking, "prove I breath air."

You're an actual faggot.

alright i will work on my detailed response to you later when i watch all the links and spell out my points of contention

for now i need to go run, brb