QTDDTOT

Whenever I'm about to commit a pl8 PR I get very nervous and that makes my form shit and I underperform. Ho do I make myself more confident?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1150229/
illimitablemen.com/2014/12/14/the-shit-test-encyclopedia/
r4nger5.com/transfer/practical_programming_for_strength_training/Practical Programming for Strength Training.pdf
stronglifts.com/madcow/5x5_Program/Periodized_5x5.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get yourself pumped up. Think of it as something that’s going to harm you or something you love and destroy that fucker.

I can only have neutral grips chinups at my gym im running GSLP is this fine instead of regular chinups?

Best cheap lifting shoe?

he even somewhat recommends them, strongest position for untrained newfriends

how do I calculate how much iron weight to buy for home gym??

Yes thats fine.

Stop giving a fuck.

No.

You're going to buy one pair of shoes that will probably last you the rest of your life. And the difference between high end and low end is about $100. Don't worry too much about cost.

I'm doing SS, can I just do the cleans 3x5 instead of 5x3? I learned the lift in high school so I've never had trouble with the technique, 5x3 just takes too long.

How do i progress with hyperextensions on icf 5x5? Im currently holding 3 5 kg weights at the gym, should i start holding heavy dumbells or what? Is this even good for my back?

also how do I do weighted chinups? lets say I do a 10lb plate and then next week I put on a 10lb and a 2.5plate? is that how it should be progressed?

why make a separate thread for it too? that much of a hurry? but yes, is fine

>Stop giving a fuck.
What did you mean by this?

When people say "we are gonna make it" what are they gonna make?

it

45 lb bar
45 lb plates to get up at least to your heaviest lift + 2 extra (e.g. if you squat 405 (4 plates), you want 10 of these). remember, you can always buy more later.
2 x 25 lb
4 x 10 lb
2 x 5 lb
2 x 2.5 lb
2 x 1.25 lb (nice for things like OHP)

Whatever they want to be accomplished.

what are bars so heavy I thought they were like 2 kilos or 10 at most

Sometimes I think my ex and the guy she cheated on me with when I'm trying to push out those last reps.

Is this healthy?

>2kg bar
What?

im bad counting weight

You care too much about making your PR. Go in and do your best. Be happy if you make a PR, but don't care if you do.

It helps if you have a bigger goal than the PR. Like you're setting the PR to set percentages for the next week/month.

If the extra wheel is psyching you out, add nickels and dimes and chips (i.e. 5s, 10s and 2.5s) to get the weight on the bar.

I'm taking 5g BCAA every day, have i been memed or is there something to it?

You would think, but I have habit of forgetting them and I am not into max level weight lifting. Just trying to keep in shape. Thinking about converse monochrome black since I lack a pair of black sneakers. Feel like I missed out on black friday sales, no fucking deals left on them

Obsessing over people who have done you wrong is not particularly healthy, no.

Creatine works. And 5g/day is the proper dose.

I guess you're right, but it's not the PR that scares me. I'm on Texas method and I get a new PR almost every week, but when I add another full plate I get very anxious.

Maybe I should add more little plates instead of a big one?

Maybe make a checklist. Or set your phone to remind you to keep track of your shoes when you're done with your workout.

Converse are fine if you have short legs for your height. The longer your legs, the more heel you're probably going to want.

I'm taking 3g creatine and 5g BCAA.

Weight is weight.

Sorry, misread. Yes, BCAAs are a meme if you're eating protein in your diet. You can get them from whey. They might maybe be useful if you're doing fasted training, though.

But 5g is the creatine maintenance dose.

I am 6'2, and other than my last pair of converse being too big on my feet after losing weight they seemed to work fine. Vans Authentics worked pretty good too (was my old beater I used after the converse died) but those shoes were worn the fuck out anyways since they had a crack in the bottom.

>cheat on someone
>hasn't done wrong

Who said they haven't?

I'm saying obsessing over it isn't useful.

Sounds like you already know what shoes you need to buy, man.

So I've never been fit but now I have some decent core strength and some abs.
But now when I laugh my stomach/ab area hurts because of my muscles.
Is this normal?

Nobody's really sure why we get cramps. Doesn't really come from dehydration or low electrolytes.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1150229/

But they're relatively common in people who exercise regularly.

I got a question about my gf. I do like this girl, but I am in no way in love with her. We had troubles in the past regarding her orbiters (practically losers, but still bothers me in a way I can't really explain). Long story short, she had this good "friend", who hung out with her a lot, I also warned her about this dude. I basically told her he was trying to get into her pants, but she was quick to defend him. At the end, it turns out he really was trying to date her, despite knowing she had a boyfriend (me).

Currently, there is someone else from her class, they went to the aquarium together. Today she was talking about him (a not so funny story) and she showed me their text messages, and I saw that this guy actually fucking typed him "love you" and I confronted her about it. Fuck me, just gets me angry typing about this shit.

Anyway, she basically told me that's the way this dude acts, she is in no way attracted to him or whatever (the same shit she told me before, just defended him like that) but I told her she craves the attention, she just enjoys that somebody is showing her attention and she loves that this dude is doing exactly that. I tried to forget about it, but I really think this bitch is cucking me or will eventually cuck me. Tell me, Veeky Forums, am I fucking overreacting or is this cuckold territory?

stop being a fat powerlifter. Nobody cares about how much you lift in the gym. Workout to improve your body and give fuck all about the weight. The numbers are just there to keep track so you can continually improve.

stop doing cleans retard. if youre not trying to compete in the olympics the risks outweigh the rewards.

You're a lot more invested in the relationship than she is, and that unconscious knowledge is manifesting as insecurity.

If you can't trust her, don't date her. Either stop acting like you give a fuck or jump ship.

Set up something new before you jump ship, though. It'll be a lot easier.

memed

Yes, it's fine.

I can see how you would think that I am insecure from my post, but there is a bigger picture.

I am big on fitness, as in, it practically dictates my life, and she is aware of that (FYI, I have always been this way, so she was absolutely aware of the fact before we started dating). I think she can recognize that I am valuable, but she just tries to fill where I am not enough, like going out to fancy dinners, taking long ass walks near the lake, which she can't do with me, so she takes someone else. And I really think this is a problem, because I don't try to fill where she lacks (like small talk, fitness, dancing, whatever), and it is only fair that I expect my SO to not do that shit to me.

A lot of our problems stem from this fact, I believe.

Reposting from last thread:
Was just prescribed pic related by my endo to treat my low T. I've read that taking 25mg every day as opposed to 50mg every other day leads to better results, so could I snap the pill in half and take it every day as opposed to how it's prescribed? If anyone has tried clomid, I'd love to hear your experience with it. The potential for eye damage sounds incredibly scary, especially since my eyesight is already so poor. I was also debating whether or not I should just ditch the pills to see if he would prescribe test after not seeing any changes next time I get my blood drawn. I live with a couple women and several animals, so I'm pretty sure I could avoid getting gel prescribed.

Do what your doctor said user.

That is exactly what insecurity is: you believe that you're not enough for her.

The fuck do you care about some girl, though?

what happened to the calisthenics threads?
haven't browsed Veeky Forums in a while

I see one maybe twice a month. Make one if you want to.

I bought some protein powder and I was wondering how do I drink it properly?

Do you guys use milk or water? If I use milk which is something like 120 calories and 12g of sugar per cup, this seems unhealthy or my protein shake would be very small. Sugar is a big concern of mine

Doesn't matter that much. Water is fine and you'll get used to it pretty quick, but milk tastes better to a lot of people.

Milk if you're bulking or it fits your macros, water otherwise.

water

okay, The protein shake will probably be like a cup then and so I dont waste the milk, I'll use it up then switch to water

>I am a fairly unromantic, boring partner with different interests than my gf who I also barely love anyway
>I shitpost on a Chinese foreskin piercing bulletin about it instead of talking with her/trying to change or find a compromise/just finding somone else who all around fits me better (and giving her the chance to do the same)

When I weigh myself should I count the water weight on my body currently or without water? I'm trying to figure out what I want my goal weight to be

Guys, what motivated you?
What kept you going?
What made you say "Im going to make a change" and has pushed you on ever since?

I need some motivation. I want to become better, and looking myself at the mirror crushes me. I sometimes get up, but for some reason I just can't keep up my habit of exercising sometimes.

Is it bad that I do my sets and when I leave the gym I feel fine? Like I'm not tired or sore anymore and it makes me feel like I'm not making gains, just eating the calories and getting fat

Weigh yourself in the morning after you take a shit.
I wanted to look good for girls, then realized that girls are thots and now I'm lifting for myself.

You don't seem to need motivation, but discipline.

at first, serious amounts of anger and denial (this took me to snap city both physically and emotionally, dont do this)
now, a desire to take back everything i have lost over the years

I see exercise as basic body maintenance, no different from brushing and flossing my teeth.

Feeling better when you leave is a fine way to do things.

For 8 hours sleep, does that actually mean at least 8 hours of sleep or aim for around 8? For example, if I'm getting up at 7, should I be in bed, lights off at half 10 or at 11?

Doesn't matter, it's not that delicate.

I used to be 318 pounds, and I didnt care at the time because I could do whatever I wanted to do and my weight didnt affect me much, except for getting girls I guess but I was too focused on college to really care.

Except for this one time I went with my friends to a theme park and I couldnt fit on the ride, I felt fucking terrible and embarrassed. That same day I decided to do some research and come here to figure out how weight loss actually works. When I was a kid I thought the only way to loose weight was to eat salad and run and I hated doing both things so I didnt bother.

After making some plans after doing research, I started seeing results and people started noticing which made me keep doing it and next thing you know, I lost 150 pounds. I'm currently doing the same thing to get some gains, research and make some plans and proceed to do it

So there is the 1/2/3 plate club thingy. About what exercises each weight is about? Gotta get idea for what I should go for.

That's a bit harsh, but I did try to leave her to find a better partner, and also so that she could do the same, because I do know we are not compatible, but she told me she loved me and that she wanted to try more. Yeah, I could dump her, it would have been logical, but I didn't and I am kinda stuck with this right now.

foreskin piercing bulletin?

Discipline is exactly what I need.
I hope i can do the same to use that feeling as lasting fuel for moving ahead.
Good job user, you're an inspiration for me.

I want to win wrestling matches.

Some kind of competition on a definite date can make all the difference, whether it's bjj, powerlifting, whatever. If you know you have to be in peak shape at the end of the month, you're not going to dick around.

At least schedule max-testing days with a bro.

One rep max:
press 135 lbs or 1 plate
bench 225 lbs or 2 plate
squat 315 lbs or 3 plate
deadlift 405 lbs or 4 plate

I'm 5'11" and 225 lbs. I've lost 15-20 lbs since I started working out. My Problem is that I'm trying to both get stronger while shedding fat. I run a couple of miles on the treadmill after I do my heavy lifting routine every day. How do I make sure I'm not hurting my strength training? Do I still need to eat a large amount of calories? Will too much cardio make me weaker? I sometimes feel like I'm not able to lift as much as I did the week before

>2017
>can't read

>Good job user, you're an inspiration for me.
thanks. yeah no problem dude, we are all going to make it, you have to really want it. You can do all the research in the world, but you have to really want it and be consistent

It's pretty much impossible to make strength gains while on a cut. You'll be lucky if you can mantain your current strength.

been there, but cant really help you, in my case she moved abroad for reasons and ended it on her own, but we agreed before that that we were just going through the motions of the relationship after a while

nvm foreskin piercing, just a meme

I don't know man, I just do, can it be that I actually liked this girl at some point, and now she is doing this shit and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Whenever I do dragon flags, my mid back really doesn't like it. My back is fine afterwards, but during the exercise, it's a bad hurt. What am I doing wrong?

That phrase, going through the motions of the relationship, is exactly what we are doing right now.

Not using your abs.

Thanks!
>press
You mean overhead press, right? Still quite fresh in fitness jargon.

Yes, The Press™ is what normies call OHP.

Which would you consider more important? I really just wanted to lose the gut and moobs, which I've almost eradicated. Should I just focus on lifting and let the rest come naturally?

Alright, thanks!

I remember them being contracted and I can lower myself to about 50-60 degrees. I try extending my hips upwards and get my glutes in on the action, but my mid back still hurts.

When I mention how much I need to lift or how much I currently lift, do I add the bar weight of like 45 pounds?

For example say on both sides of the bar is 45 pounds which is 90, do I also add the bar weight of 45 pounds to it which would be 135?

I guess what I'm asking is, is it 90 pounds or 135?

Count calories and eat below your TDEEE. If you're telling me that you only want to lose fat, then lose fat. You can switch to strength training when you're happy with your looks.

Yes, you add the bar weight (45lbs) but you need to deduct the hole space in the plate. I don't have the cheat sheet on this computer, but maybe another user can help out.

Not him but two ways:
a) end it for the greater good, to give you and her both a better chance at finding a more compatible partner
b) have so sickeningly good sex that the rest can be endured for its sake, kek

Dragon flags are a pretty advanced ab exercise, maybe you shouldn't be doing them if it's too much pain.
Yes, you're lifting the bar so you count it. You'll get a whole lot of troll replies tho. Right now there's one.

No, I'd say strength training is most important, since I just assumed I'd lose fat by lifting anyways. I just didn't want mantits anymore. I was adding cardio to accelerate my fat burning, but I'm scared burning too many calories is hurting my gains. would it be counter productive to eat a shit ton of calories, or will i still be able to gradually lose weight on a high calorie diet?'

The shit tests never stop, man.

If you eat a lot of calories then you won't lose weight.
If you eat less calories you will lose weight and won't make strength gains.
If you do both you'll probably won't achieve anything in the short term and you'll get bored.

You can eat at a maintenance and add cardio, you'll still probably make some gains and lose fat. Cardio generally don't affects that much your regular training.

Yes, losing weight is hurting your strength gains.

illimitablemen.com/2014/12/14/the-shit-test-encyclopedia/

I see, thanks

Sounds good. I'll stick with my current routine so I can get down to a healthy body fat percentage, but then switch to strength training only.

I want to start linear periodization, any routines for that you guys can recommend? I found one on T nation but im not sure if its a good plan or not. Here a small example of what my first week would look like. These are percentage taken from my max.

{205 scheme}
140 1xAMRAP
135 1xmatched first set
130 1xmore then both sets
Add ten pounds next week to bench

What are some good books for Veeky Forums routines?

I lost a lot of weight recently and I want gains, but scared to death of gaining fat again, how do I get over this hump?

Add 100 calories per week, that should be slow enough so you won't get scared.

alright, I think I can do 100

Read the "advanced trainee" section from here:
r4nger5.com/transfer/practical_programming_for_strength_training/Practical Programming for Strength Training.pdf

See link above.

why do i feel like im gonna piss myself or nut when im doing cable pulldowns?

there's an advanced version of the madcow 5x5

stronglifts.com/madcow/5x5_Program/Periodized_5x5.htm