/owg/ olympic weightlifting general

85kgs A session is on.

Rostami probably gonna win.

teamusa.org/usa-weightlifting/live

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_World_Weightlifting_Championships
cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/russia-china-doping-weightlifting-suspensions-1.4315157
youtu.be/00SWOUnAgL0
youtu.be/r2LCVQu_6yo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I posted this in the previous /owg/ but it was already dying so here's my question:

I am new to weigthlifting and my form sucks. Before I started oly lifting the squat was by far my worst lift (a bit over 1pl8). A coach is not an option. So, here is my plan:
>Front Squat every day (1RM + 3x5 with lighter weight)
>Try to better Snatch and CNJ form with light weight 4 times a week
>When I reach a good Squat weight I will start increasing the oly lifts
>All this while doing some upper body hypertrophy work the 3 remaining days of the week

I am on a caloric surplus and I get 8 hours of sleep per night, is this doable?

where's tian tao?

Banned

Why not /owl/? It's more catchy I think

Vietnam undefeeaaatteed
[spoiler]except for thailand[/spoiler]

You don't need to max every day. I'd rather do doubles of 85-90%. And I wouldn't do volume work every day either.

really? source

Seriously? Living under a rock?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_World_Weightlifting_Championships

cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/russia-china-doping-weightlifting-suspensions-1.4315157

I wonder who the guy was that was talking about powerlifting making it to the olympics.

How did all those iranians get access to the US?

Man I am fucking HYPED for the supers

>Lasha
>Seim
>Reis
>Salimi
>Possible WR snatch?
>Possible WR c&j?

These Iranians are literally cancer. They cause so much shit at every comp. Their fans are like Brazil of the Oly lifting world.

I like Baghdad salami and roastbeefami tho

Omg are you me? This will be the best class by far. Lasha was teasing a 270. I hope he fucking crushes Baghdad salami

bbc bombed out

fuark toshiki no;_;

>that polish bantz
lmao, the absolute madman

rostami bombing lmao

F

Haha

No WR for you

Knee wraps are literally cheating.

Any non burger stream?

It's over.

no its not, 94kg begins shortly

HIT ME UP WHEN ITS LIDIATIME

itt: qt athlete grills

>Lasha was teasing a 270.
kill yourself reddit retard

salimi is a cunt that's still salty about the olympics even though if he did actually lift a single cj succesfully he'd get out totalled by lasha by a mile

alright boys, who is /ourguy/ of the 94kg group? Any Germans or Asians in the running to win?

this might be a stupid question, but if Clarence Kennedy can do shit like this, why is he not up there at the 94kg IWF?
youtu.be/00SWOUnAgL0

iirc soemthing about getting shafted by the irish organization back in the day soured his feelings on the sport

Snap city.

steroids. straps. can't handle the pressure of competition. vegan (aka faggot).

next question

did anyone else just scream what the actual fuck when the last lift by the korean guy in the 69kg got 2 reds and not overturned, that was actually the worst call i have ever seen, meanwhile the black french manlet who never has locked his elbows in his life consistently gets 3 whites unless he drops it. he won gold luckily but that was crap

post stats

140/165

but like... if you've dedicated your entire life to this one relatively obscure sport you might as well make the leap and actually make your mark right? It can't be that hard to get rid of?

>olympic-tier weightlifters don't take steroids

probably just doesn't give a fuck desu

can't wait for the SHW, salami was coming back from a big injury in 2016 which is why i think we were robbed of a proper contest in between him and lasha.
does anyone think we'll see a 220 snatch?

wheyfus incoming

He'd never get past the drug tests

>Mexican lifter is white
>Canadian lifter is black

all these THICCC girls

Do you have the same reaction when white people compete for African countries? Of course not, you retarded pol faggot

of course I fucking would lmao

Then you're even more retarded than I thought, congrats

He did express surprise at the Mexican being white, user.

checked, but I still have an expectation for the representatives of a given country to be of that country's dominant ethnicity. Explain why I am wrong in thinking that?

>tfw your snatch and c&j goes great and you feel your CNS is completely shot for the next few days
there is no greater feeling
can jerk more than bodyweight for the first time!

honestly there's no point in any professional athletic organization to still ban performance enhancing drugs. It would be somewhat more respectable than just turning a blind eye as they do now imo. Literally every olympic athlete is on some sort of anabolic cycle up until testing comes up every 4 years or w/e.

>opening 2kg higher than anybody else's max

N-NANI??

Can anybody tell me this girl's name? I'd like to nestle between her breasts.

Kanae Yagi

she's a real sweetheart, don't know if there's any Chinese women's weightlifter who's as much of a cutie as her.

Bump

Bump

got a +2.5kg snatch PR and +10kg C&J PR yesterday. feelsgoodman

Does anyone here clean with straps?

I remember him saying on numerous occasions that it was briefly after Talinn 2013 Juniors that he gave up on pursuing it professionally
youtu.be/r2LCVQu_6yo

>mfw based Lydia won

lydia was made for BIG BLACK COCK